Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not that easy to just transfer a character over a designed server architecture. They probably did not see it as a necessity for EGA and launch. But it will probably be a feature you can expect. Bioware is a company that will come with great new features in the future. The only reason we want to change servers is because of queue in EGA, but come on people. The fact that you reached lvl 6 is a bonus, and hopefully we can play some more before the 20th.

But don't expect that they should kneel to our demands to give something that costs a lot of money for free when they already gave us EGA for free. All these things people see as a sollution cost a lot of money and are difficult to do on a short term. And believe me that they are doing their best to improve the queues.

Would be nice to actually get a proper response from bioware.

If they came out and said on release the ques should be very low if not gone entirely but until then this is how it will be i'm afraid, then I would just wait till release day as have friends joining then anyway.

But this whole not knowing or not being told "we are sorting it etc" or even better an est ETA or a reasoning why etc is not given is frustrating

Why do then what they can do now?.

Increase the cap's now will ensure a more enjoyable play experience come launch, and if needed just after launch they can increase them again. I'm sure BW has the MMO (Means, Motive, Opportunity) to bring new/extra hardware online.

Give Oceanic a dedicated physical server based in Aus or S/E Asia and you'll see a good 50,000 or more head to that instantly

play like Hugor and reroll on another server, maybe another class, or maybe different faction.

by the time the servers situation is sorted out, you'll have a toon on every server, and able to play on whatever server isn't f'd up.. -_-

Who plays like that?

I mean some people might, but I invest thought into the narrative of the game. I don't want 2, 3 or 4 characters going on at at once. Loads of alts before I've even established a main.

Sure, when I've got a few 50's I'll put time into a lot of alts. PvE, PvP, different servers. But now this game - the social aspect in particular - guilds even more particularly - require investment in time, effort and relationship building.

Just rolling over and over again on whatever server has the lowest queue

Who plays like that?

The other posters here are right. Give it till the 20th when we REALLY start paying - and then we'll see where this goes.

I'm not even going to bother trying to log on till then. This weekend is only going to get worse, but come Monday this baby better be fixed, or else my CC details are coming off and this game (all £130 CE of it) is going in the trash. And I will make it my business to let everyone I can know what a massive clusterf*** this launch is

Life's too short to mess about with a game that's playing "hard to get". Bio deserve a metaphorical bloody nose for doing this to their loyal fans who paid big money up front to watch a counter for 4 and a quarter hours.. And if the game aint fixed by the 20th - I reckon they are going to get one.

It is not that easy to just transfer a character over a designed server architecture. They probably did not see it as a necessity for EGA and launch. But it will probably be a feature you can expect. Bioware is a company that will come with great new features in the future. The only reason we want to change servers is because of queue in EGA, but come on people. The fact that you reached lvl 6 is a bonus, and hopefully we can play some more before the 20th.

But don't expect that they should kneel to our demands to give something that costs a lot of money for free when they already gave us EGA for free. All these things people see as a sollution cost a lot of money and are difficult to do on a short term. And believe me that they are doing their best to improve the queues.

It's been 7 hours with just a "reroll noobs" post. their best? doesnt seem so.

Sorry to hear that a lot of people have encountered long queues.

My friends and I have not encountered queues so far on the server we're on and hopefully it never happens.

I hope they raise server population caps and upgrade their servers soon..

GL & HF everyone :D

Its a no win situation for Bioware. They just have to weather the initial onslaught.The technology they are supposedly using lends itself to scaling, so hopefully they are going to be able to use it, and hopefully 3 months from now the whines won't be:

"OMG my server is so underpopulated, can't we merge them!!"

Something HAS to be done regarding these horrific queues.

I will not wait over an hour to play every time I want to login. Even when I do make it through the queue, I most often get "error code 1003/1005" sending me to the start of the queue again.

I will NOT pay for anytime in this game if I have to wait in a queue on a consistent basis.

NOTE: I am NOT playing during peak hours.

Why do then what they can do now?.

Increase the cap's now will ensure a more enjoyable play experience come launch, and if needed just after launch they can increase them again. I'm sure BW has the MMO (Means, Motive, Opportunity) to bring new/extra hardware online.

Give Oceanic a dedicated physical server based in Aus or S/E Asia and you'll see a good 50,000 or more head to that instantly

i think the oceanic pop is one of the reasons Harbinger's so slammed... >_< our guild didn't know it was the unofficial aussie server when we were assigned to it by BW.

I think most of these people R trollers cause i never have had a problem with sue or wait times.

Never after the stress test have i had a problem log gin onto the server i am on. Its a PVP server also.

I don't get all these people complaining when i don't see a problem.

You all must be trying to log onto a server that has a popular name. Or i don't know

I never had a problem or wait time at all.

And again this is an early access. Not all the servers r even going yet are they not?

i hate apple OS it keeps correction my words and i use short ver of words most of the time

I think most of these people R trollers cause i never have had a problem with sue or wait times.

Never after the stress test have i had a problem log gin onto the server i am on. Its a PVP server also.

You all must be trying to log onto a server that has a popular name. Or i don't know

And again this is an early access. Not all the servers r even going yet are they not?

i hate apple OS it keeps correction my words and i use short ver of words most of the time

did you even look at the EU servers list? put on some glasses.

edit: youre the troll.

Edited by Lopys

We're trying to log into SWTOR, not Hello Kitty Online...

Random thoughts while I'm waiting down a 50-minute queue for the RP-PVP server:

Is it against the EULA to go afk when queued? When does the EULA go into effect, as soon as you launch the client or when you're actuall logged into a server? If I have to sit at my computer for 50 minutes, at least provide some sort of mini game or something while we wait. Or add the ability to queue for our main server and wait down that queue while logged into another server. Fifty minutes is a lot of wasted time.

Queues happen, I will be the first to admit. But it is terribly frustrating to not have a grace period to reconnect at the front of the queue if you get burped off the server by some bug or internet hiccup.

I would love some grace.

And the foresight to have picked a server that would stay low-pop? As if that were even possible at this point.

I am currently in a queue for Iron Citadel, looks like it will take an hour. My solution?

This, browsing and posting on the SWTOR forums.

Guys, come on. This is an extremely highly anticipated MMO being released, and you're expecting queue wait times of 15 minutes at worst? It's not gonna happen. If you think this is bad, then I'd love to see your reaction to what it's going to be like on Monday.

And to whomever it was that said "already deployed characters on a server should have instant access", well that doesn't work because the amount of stress that would be put on the server bandwidth would be unbearable since every player would be able to play at the same time on that one server.

The queing times at the momemnt are totally unacceptable. Several guildies waited two hours to get in.

Yesterday someone dc'd after a 45 min wait when they got to the front of the line- only to be put to the back and made to go through at the same time.

At midnight gmt the estimated wait time for a server is 20minutes - one is still over an hour.

The problem seems to me to be with the staggered start- people are joining their friends/guildmates on the server that they joined which means the first up servers are overloaded. Therefore the newer servers are not getting the same numbers leading to significant disparancies.

My suggestions:

1) As the areas appear phased put more phases/capacity in high population servers

2) Bring all servers online now and offer free transfers/ guild transfers to even it out.

3) In the interim allow more players in to existing servers- the frustration of competing for objectives is heavily outweighed by the frustration of not playing.

4) Make the queing interface more friendly- for example store places on line in case of crash or dc, send e-mail when you get to the front of the line so you can afk/ play other games/allow us to assign trade skill duties for companions from outside the game.

Old republic looks like its going to be a fun game but the patience for lines will go very quickly indeed. Whilst I understand the concern about reducing server numbers post launch the way to avoid that is to get subscribers. The way to get subscribers is to let them play the game rather than a loading screen!

I am currently in a queue for Iron Citadel, looks like it will take an hour. My solution?

This, browsing and posting on the SWTOR forums.

Guys, come on. This is an extremely highly anticipated MMO being released, and you're expecting queue wait times of 15 minutes at worst? It's not gonna happen. If you think this is bad, then I'd love to see your reaction to what it's going to be like on Monday.

And to whomever it was that said "already deployed characters on a server should have instant access", well that doesn't work because the amount of stress that would be put on the server bandwidth would be unbearable since every player would be able to play at the same time on that one server.

whats your opinion on a 6 hours wait? watch a movie? /lawl

I envy the pepole where who has 1 hour waits. I had a 4 hour queue wait time to Tomb of Freedon Nadd today. 4 hours in one go. and i started logging in at 15.00 CET people who started logging in later had over 5 hours or more queue time.

I´m in Red Eclipse and the queu is amazing.

I don´t mind to move to another server, but bringing my chars. I have no much time to play this game, during a long time i though what class to choose and now i don´t wanna reroll or start from the beginning in a new server.

Please, if you are not going to solution this, let us at least move between servers,

thanks.

Guildie said that BW put up twitter or sumthing saying either play at off hours (wth?) or move. Ya, what ever man. Now have to migrate entire guild over to a new server. Many are almost lvl 30. So essentially BW places us on a server then we find out it has massive ques for the lose. Total waste of 15+ players time and that's just our tiny guild.

Amusingly I bet dimes to dollars that the new server we eventually re-roll on will end up with a massive que as well.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I assume they are using outdated and cheap servers. Prolly an EA decision.

p.s. all u solo players? shush. you didnt have entire guilds funneled into a handful of servers. We assumed they would be professional and informed about this: not so.

Edited by fixit

why should anyone pick a low populated server where you wont see anyone around(this is an mmo)and have zero items on the AU? And in the end will die?

I really dont get you people that think that this is the solution of the problem.

And dont forgett that Bioware did this to prevent ques.....

Edited by Darchaos