SilentumX

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for it on one condition:

they have to be animated to "have an accident" or make a poo that you have to click on to clean up

In fact, failure to clean up said accident should result in a fine from the Intergalactic Poo Police and repeat offenders can have their pet privileges suspended for a couple days. You want a pet, you clean up after it. Teach these kids some responsibility. :p

I don't know what "We" you're talking about, but it certainly doesn't include me, and I'm sure many others. Pets don't "break immersion".

By that logic, my cat and dogs break the immersion of my life.

Off topic: Only 2 people in this entire thread spelt 'cutesy' correctly. Worrying :p

Seriously though I think it adds character to the game to have 'some' cute things. Too many and it gets nauseating imo. So far we have Blizz and that baby tauntaun pet in the 1.2 video.

By that logic, my cat and dogs break the immersion of my life.

Mine actually do - I had to spend an extra $350 to board mine while taking a vacation earlier this year.

Little sh*ts.

That's what the genre really needs; tamagachi mini-game.

We can make it useful I supopse. Said bag of poo becomes a useable item in WZs which you throw at another player to stun them for 2-3 seconds....or, if you're not down with it being an "ability" per se, it could be clickable as an emote..."so and so throws a bag of poo at you."

Are you serious?

As I am running around TOR I hardly notice anyone's pets nor do I care. Let them have fluffy cuddly things if they want. They won't ruin my immersion because, hey, Star Wars is full of fluffy cuddly things. Muppets and Ewoks don't bother me. The cutification of Jawas doesn't bug me. Why should baby Tauntauns and Banthas?

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Off topic: Only 2 people in this entire thread spelt 'cutesy' correctly. Worrying :p

Seriously though I think it adds character to the game to have 'some' cute things. Too many and it gets nauseating imo. So far we have Blizz and that baby tauntaun pet in the 1.2 video.

That's because the cutsie way to spell cutesy is cutsie. If only we could put a cutesy little heart over the i, sigh.

BECAUSE WE WANT IMMERSION!

Have you SEEN a Star Wars movie?

'cause, cutesy-poo little critters have been part of it since 1977 (Jawas, mouse droids), and it's only gotten worse since then. And I'm not even talking solely about the new movies or the "enhanced" editions -- what about the thing on Jabba's shoulder, or the Ewoks?

The LACK of cloyingly cute things breaks immersion! :)

Besides, having vanity items to grind/quest from is a standard means of killing time while waiting for new content.

Now, as long as there's no Life Day, I'll be very, very, happy.

They won't enforce naming policies, so we have plenty of "Darth Buttheads" roaming around; having pets won't be any worse than that.

Edited by LizardSF

I am personally an adult woman who loves Star Wars and stabbing things in game, yet also plans to collect the "cutesy" pets because... they're cute. But this thread taught me that only people under 12 like cute pets, and adult men wouldn't be attracted to me because I like cute things. Who knew women liking cute animals was a turn off to men? Thanks, thread! Edited by Beltane

As a former English teacher, this really bothered me as well.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Oh, and give me cute pets. The cuter the better.

Have you SEEN a Star Wars movie?

'cause, cutesy-poo little critters have been part of it since 1977 (Jawas, mouse droids), and it's only gotten worse since then. And I'm not even talking solely about the new movies or the "enhanced" editions -- what about the thing on Jabba's shoulder, or the Ewoks?

The LACK of cloyingly cute things breaks immersion! :)

Besides, having vanity items to grind/quest from is a standard means of killing time while waiting for new content.

Now, as long as there's no Life Day, I'll be very, very, happy.

They won't enforce naming policies, so we have plenty of "Darth Buttheads" roaming around; having pets won't be any worse than that.

No kidding. If anyone thinks R2-D2 was not a "cutsie pet" then they need their head examined. Dude was the grandaddy of all cutsie pets.

Edited by Blotter

Please tell me there are far more people who dislike cutsie pets than those who do?!!

Cutsie pets ruined Aion and I am not alone... a mass exodus occured when NCSoft intrduced cute pets ... why?

BECAUSE WE WANT IMMERSION!

I realize it is silly to go on about this when there are so many bugs and basic MMO components missing. Please address the these things and implement Star Wars worthy pets. I miss my Gorax.

Please reply no matter which way you feel. I'd like to know if Bioware is doing proper research.

Again this comes down to choice.

Do not like cute pets? Don't get one.

Like cute pets? Get one.

Problem solved!

Exactly this ^^^.

Sorry but i have to say this is a stupid thread, choice is good, choice is very good,

because you don't like pets does that mean that nobody should be able to get them?

Not to mention that stupid comment about Aion, i played it for 2 years and never heard anyone that quit because of the pets.

Use them, don't use them, it's your choice but they should be available to people who want and like them.