Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

NO NO NO Cutsie Pets OMGoodness NO!

SilentumX

Please tell me there are far more people who dislike cutsie pets than those who do?!!

Do you want to know how much in game currency I have earned over the years farming 'cutsie' pets for people to lazy to do it themselves? Seriously?

I paid for my motorcycle in WoW when they were going for 100k plus from 'cutsie' pet sales, and that is just one example of what I used those funds to purchase..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutsie pets entice more females to play. More females playing means more nerds drooling after them. So more players overall. It's a smart move. I hope SWTOR gets more hotties playing. Good for business,. : )

I'm not sure that females that like cutsie pets is the playerbase any adult male is aiming fore...

Well, me and some friends unsubscribed instead, cause of the grief high level player groups practiced in the Abyss, so I'm not sure how true your statement is.

The abyss died out ages ago but that was not the nerfing I'm talking about

They nerfed the only thing keeping aion players busy, rifting.

I am a huge Star wars fan have been since 1977 I have read all the books, I collect the GG figures....I have no issues with the pets I am hoping they let us have some normal sized Droids as pets I would love to have one that looks like RE-MO.

It's totally not cannon, Star Wars is gore, and death, and blood! There's nothing cute in Star Wars! Think of the damage this is going to do to peoples..... IMMERSION!!1!

The empire wasn't brought down by a bunch of creepy teddy bears either.

Jabba had a Rancor and Salacious Crumb. Both were cute as a button.

The abyss died out ages ago but that was not the nerfing I'm talking about

They nerfed the only thing keeping aion players busy, rifting.

I see, stopped long time before that happened.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against open PvP, I loved when there still where ORVR realms in WAR (I heard there has been some griefing there too, but never experienced it myself), but I still found the way Aion had it implemented was utter crap cause of it's missing level balance.

For the record, I think the word this thread is struggling to find is "cutesy."

I agree that the minipets shown in the 1.2 preview video looked out of place in the game world, but I don't see it having any meaningful impact on subscription numbers or the overall game experience. People with silly, rude, canon, or horribly misspelled character names are a much bigger detriment to my personal enjoyment of the game than something that looks like it came from a Precious Moments catalog will ever be.

Put me down as pro-pets. The best were the bombay cat with the chasing skunk and hearts flying. :p

As a GL and RL those two were forbidden during our guild progression. Too many heart-stopping moments when something out of the corner of your screen suddenly runs. Same went for eggbert even though we never did document any case of either of them pulling something or causing a problem.

I saw the mini-vid of the next update but there really wasn't much info on the mini-pets...what purpose would they serve if they are non-combat other than just for looks? Is there any more info about the update somewhere other than that promo video?

Personally I don't really want them in-game and would like the feature mentioned earlier to be able to turn off the visibility of them but if they are really only for looks then I don't really care enough to quit the game over it.

I'm amped for the new non-combat pets that are coming. Baby tauntaun? CANNOT WAIT!

As for the "non-cutesy" pets - I think that the minimech CE and the mouse droid are kinda cute already.

Hoenstly, if someone quits over optional non-combat pets being added to the game, that's kinda pathetic.

this.

It ruins your immersion when a baby animal is cute?

thank god the devs have already stated that they do not listen to the "immersion" crap. too many people try to use this to dictate the course of the game, not caring that what breaks their immersion might be what makes the game more immersive to others.

Please BIOWARE and LUCASARTS ... read this post and run your numbers again. Do not kill this wonderful game and turn it into MarioKart!

Speaking of Mario Kart, I want pod racing.

The pets don't bother me as long as they don't do anything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.