Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Wait, wut? Do you mean 200 in Fleet then your serve is fine? Or 200 on the entire server? My server (at peak) has around 500-800 total people logged in and its a ghost town everywhere you go. Based on number of planets, size of zones on planets, and number of instances (warzones, flashpoints, Ops) I think the population a serer needs to have to "feel" like its well populated is probably somewhere in the range of > 4,000 on at peak. I'd bet dollars to donuts that 4,000+ players on a single server at peak would cause massive server side lag/latency issues and queues to log in.

I don't think swtor is arranged like that. Yesterday had to pick up a fuel cell which I had to wait until I was out of combat to get and some idiot came and took my objective. You want that number all competeing to try and get the same quest objective.. that does not sound like fun. I really liked the way SWTOR launched. It was fine for me. I enjoy my server as it is now.

I know some people really like to all be competeing with 200 other players in the same area all trying to kill the one boss with a respawn of 5 minutes but I play SWTOR for the story and that would seriously ruin it for me to the point where I would log out and leave it for a week.

I don't want lots and lots of people all around me.. What I want is enougth around me to do what I want to do.

I group when I want

I PvP when I want

I raid when I want

but then I have took some time choosing a guild and making a class/role that is in demand.

TL:DR The number of people needed for a server to feel populated is vastly different from one person to the next.

Edited by corbanite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peak time mean 45 people on imperial fleet on my server

this ruins the game, i don't want to start all over on another server, my legacy lvl is 23, my main is full rakata but my guild is just dieing, like every single guild on the server, it's been impossible to find people to group with and do wz

ALLOW SERVER TRANSFER QUICKLY BEFORE YOU LOOSE EVERYONE WHO ARE ON LOW POP SERVERS

this ruins the game, i don't want to start all over on another server, my legacy lvl is 23, my main is full rakata but my guild is just dieing, like every single guild on the server, it's been impossible to find people to group with and do wz

ALLOW SERVER TRANSFER QUICKLY BEFORE YOU LOOSE EVERYONE WHO ARE ON LOW POP SERVERS

How many people in the other 32 zones?

If they are low pop servers then it really wouldn't be a significant financial loss as, well, there aren't that many people on those servers.

Darth Malak averaged 70 people or so on Republic Fleet about 6 weeks ago. Now barely 25. This is around 8pm MST. I am on almost every night. I can barely win warzones anymore and getting my daily and weekly done is near impossible. I have since stopped playing and pvping on that server. I run some PVE with friends when we can.

I have re-rolled a char on Swiftsure which averages 150 during the same time frames, but i am finding it hard to start over and logging in is now a chore because i dont feel like investing that much time again just to get back to where i was.

I think its time they just accept the facts and merge servers. Its been hard to come to this conclusion, but my playing is now severly affected. I see my self unsubbing soon until transfers are in. This suks because I love the game and want to play, but when you play on a ghosttown of a server, its just not fun.

If they are low pop servers then it really wouldn't be a significant financial loss as, well, there aren't that many people on those servers.

Funny this cus I am on Bao Dur and its classed as Standard and I was in Nar Shaddaa which has 10 players there. I went to Fleet which has 23 players there and then to Tatooine and there are 7 players there. For a game that is so young how do you interpret the figures. Maybe they are all watching the football. I have never noticed such a poor level of numbers in any MMO I have played. ... Not at this age anyway. But hey... The only way is up.

You wish.

Dead servers are dead. Problem solves itself on 5/15 though, when we all go from SWTOR to Diablo 3!

Why pay monthly fee to log on to an empty server most of the time? There are people that play this game that DONT play during primetime too...we like to do stuff. We would like to see 8v8 Warzones, not 4v6 120second WARZONE CLOSING games.

No reason to have so many light/low population servers except to piss off your paying customer base.

MERGE THEM IMMEDIATELY. Close over half of the servers currently available. Then I might believe I'm playing an MMO.

Servers are dying and all BioWare can do is close forum threads and keep the denial up.

We want IMMEDIATE action. Our monthly subs should not be something any mediocre gaming company can take advantage of.

They said a while ago they're working on character transfers. It's not like they can write up everything they need in a day.

Then again, you've been basically complaining since day 1... so... there's that.

Go enjoy your Diablo III with no PvP

From a single server that wouldn't be much of a loss, but it depends on how many actually are low pop. If the doom cryers are right and 80% of the servers are very low pop, that would be a HUGE financial loss. But just 5 or so, wouldn't.

If the doom cryers are right and 80% of the servers are very low pop........

Hehe.... now that's some funny stuff.... doom cryers being a reliable source of information on these threads. :)

They be the same folks declaring the game would go F2P on February 1st. Oh, and they throw in the ever popular and original "epic fail" in every second sentence. ;)

But the real question is...... how does a doom cryer clean the spittle off of their screen every 15 minutes so they can see what they are typing as they rage on. :p

Edited by Andryah

Dead servers are dead. Problem solves itself on 5/15 though, when we all go from SWTOR to Diablo 3!

Why pay monthly fee to log on to an empty server most of the time? There are people that play this game that DONT play during primetime too...we like to do stuff. We would like to see 8v8 Warzones, not 4v6 120second WARZONE CLOSING games.

No reason to have so many light/low population servers except to piss off your paying customer base.

MERGE THEM IMMEDIATELY. Close over half of the servers currently available. Then I might believe I'm playing an MMO.

This. Unless they allow free server transfers or server merges im off.

My server is dead, impossible to group for flash point, with hour long warzone ques, with no way to solve it other than reroll which i refuse to do and i simple cannot be arsed with all the effort iv put into my character on this server.

Why would they expect me to pay $15 a month for an MMO when i can never interact or talk to any players.

This should be #1 priority BW, sort it out.

Edited by Satanicvyper

Ya I just started playing again (stopped in January due to a shoulder operation). I come back a mere three months later and my once overflowing sever is freaking dead! Luckily I didn't have any high level characters on it or I would have been pretty upset.

This game isn't doing bad, but a stretched out population will hurt it more and more and more overtime.

Edited by Wishpig

I just can't take anyone serious who denies SWTOR is losing subs fast. It is a fact anyone can see, EVEN if some servers may not yet be hit that hard.

The point however is, I just don't see anything really can be done. Bioware made some fundamental mistakes with the very design of SWTOR itself. It would take a heck load of work and a rework of a lot of things. Now it took Bioware even FOUR MONTHS just to bring this Patch 1.2 with so few new content, relatively speaking. So given it took them 4 months just for that, how realistic is it to assume they can do the big overhaul needed?

Some of the very basic things in SWTOR were made wrong. I am just too lazy to explain that just again, when I have done so over and over in the last 2 years here. Those who know what went wrong will know by now, and those who deny it, won't accept it anyway. They will keep blaming anyone else but Bioware even when SWTOR is down to 4 servers.

I call it "The Revenge of Uncle Owen" or "The Freak-race-players strike back".

Now I am off to some peaceful farming and fishing in LOTRO, after which I am going to play my "freakish furry Ratagona again. But hey "people can not identify with freak races", eh? People don't want to farm or fish. They don't need animated, living worlds, when they have 200 hours voiceover story, right?

You were SO smart Bioware and you thought you know EVERYTHING better, eh?

I just can't take anyone serious who denies SWTOR is losing subs fast. It is a fact anyone can see, EVEN if some servers may not yet be hit that hard.

The point however is, I just don't see anything really can be done. Bioware made some fundamental mistakes with the very design of SWTOR itself. It would take a heck load of work and a rework of a lot of things. Now it took Bioware even FOUR MONTHS just to bring this Patch 1.2 with so few new content, relatively speaking. So given it took them 4 months just for that, how realistic is it to assume they can do the big overhaul needed?

Some of the very basic things in SWTOR were made wrong. I am just too lazy to explain that just again, when I have done so over and over in the last 2 years here. Those who know what went wrong will know by now, and those who deny it, won't accept it anyway. They will keep blaming anyone else but Bioware even when SWTOR is down to 4 servers.

I call it "The Revenge of Uncle Owen" or "The Freak-race-players strike back".

Now I am off to some peaceful farming and fishing in LOTRO, after which I am going to play my "freakish furry Ratagona again. But hey "people can not identify with freak races", eh? People don't want to farm or fish. They don't need animated, living worlds, when they have 200 hours voiceover story, right?

You were SO smart Bioware and you thought you know EVERYTHING better, eh?

Too bad subs are up over 2 million now according to the latest reports. It's increasing... lol. Take your hate elsewhere. I'd say 2.5 the week after 1.2 drops as well.

Too bad subs are up over 2 million now according to the latest reports. It's increasing... lol. Take your hate elsewhere. I'd say 2.5 the week after 1.2 drops as well.

I hope this is true. I really, really do! Having only been in this game a couple months and only had 1 level 50 for 2 weeks all i can say is I'm bored and frustrated at max level. PVP waits times are too long to make it worth while and getting a group together is even more frustrating.

Somehow I think that the quoted statement won't hold true and that all the people who were wanting a Sci-fi WoW are going to find this game is going to either have a lot of growing pains or just simply shun the aspects of WoW and to a certain extent Rift that made them what they are.

edit: ps source?

Edited by Shakerz

Ya I just started playing again (stopped in January due to a shoulder operation). I come back a mere three months later and my once overflowing sever is freaking dead! Luckily I didn't have any high level characters on it or I would have been pretty upset.

This game isn't doing bad, but a stretched out population will hurt it more and more and more overtime.

So, what's it like playing the game a month in the future?

Source?
Why? Are you a shareholder? Of course not, because if you were you'd already have that information. So why antagonize the community which you've done in multiple threads? Is having someone show you numbers you'll never believe anyway going be a constructuve criticism that helps the game? What is your motive for doing this?

This just in ... the vast majority of we the game's fanbase will still be here years down the road playing it. If watching others have fun bothers you then don't watch - and stop deucing in the community pool.

Edited by GalacticKegger

even if true

okay, then

where we can see that "increasing" or benefit from that increasing?

Why? Are you a shareholder? Of course not, because if you were you'd already have that information. So why antagonize the community which you've done in multiple threads? Is having someone show you numbers you'll never believe anyway going be a constructuve criticism that helps the game? What is your motive for doing this?

This just in ... the vast majority of we the game's fanbase will still be here years down the road playing it. If watching others have fun bothers you then don't watch - and stop deucing in the community pool.

Nothing wrong with questioning someone pulling numbers from nowhere.

numbers here

Edited by Antipathize