New updated sub numbers (Official)

Improv-

I'm very happy ToR is doing so well. The more non-WoW successful MMOs (especially those that are not traditional fantasy based ) out there the better for the genre and the players.

Exactly, more devs will want to try thier hand at it. However I don't think the market is big enough for more than 1 or 2 largely successful MMO's at a time. There is only so many MMORPG players.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What day do you think this is?

You haters cannot even read a calender?

It's halfway to the March 20th subscription cycle. Sorry that's so hard to comprehend for you :rolleyes:

Edited by Esaru

We'll see, won't we?

December 15th start of staggered launch - Game sucks, will be dead on launch

December 20th - Game will be dead after free 30 days

January 20th - Game will be dead mid-way through Feb, Bioware just got lucky

February 20th - Don't worry, wait til March....

yet 1.2 is right around the corner but lemme predict what it's gonna be next

March 20th - Game will be f2p by summer

Are you noticing a pattern here, I am, and the fools are becoming more and more apparent

Where does it say "As of March 1st" in the article? I think you have the numbers released in February. If you read the quote in the article it says.

That suggests that the information quoted came from February prior to the 28th of the Month. It's probably why the number is exactly the same as the previous number we were given. The article just happens to be published in March, the information would appear to be old.

Of course they were numbers from February, the CEO gave those numbers at a convention in NYC on the 8th and said they were "from the end of February". And although it wasn't mentioned in the article if you look at the transcript he makes a very big distinction between the numbers from the convention and the numbers from the Earnings Call.

The quote from the analyst about the Asia launch was probably given at a earlier date.

Personal experience on my server. Not saying it's the same for you but I have experienced it.

And define "a lot" please. That figure seems too vague for me to really get a grasp at what you are trying to convey regarding subs.

Edited by XOrionX

Are you noticing a pattern here, I am, and the fools are becoming more and more apparent

But what is even funnier is they are paying to post that rubbish.

Agreed.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I never said any of this stuff until now. I just don't believe this game has any potential for long-term power. While it has the subs now, it's because a lot of people haven't hit that brick wall of an end-game or are really casual in their play, which is fine. But as a long term-1-year-down-the-road type thing, I can't see this game clinging on. Don't get me wrong, it'll always be relatively healthy, but these 2 million subs won't hold in the long run. Not really talking about the first 2-3 months of a game with this sort of IP (which I'd assume is one of the main reasons for attracting so many).

It's halfway to the March 20th subscription cycle. Sorry that's so hard to comprehend for you :rolleyes:

Maybe it's the fact that you didn't say that. You said halfway through March, not the subscription cycle.

Are we supposed to read your mind or something? :p

If you actually read the articles, it says the numbers are from the end of February (ie. who subscribed after February 20th). We're 11 days away from the March 20th subscription period. You don't think that the subs changed from then until now? Hell, I was still playing and enjoying the game on February 20th. A month is a long time and a LOT of people have stopped playing in that period.

This just smells like desperation. "C'mon SWTOR...fail d-mnit...I predicted it so many times it has to come true or I look foolish...hurry up and fail.....please please please pretty please fail?"

Yes this game doesn't go down because:

1) Casuals keep playing because they like the easy mode

2) People just want to play with glowsticks and that's all they care about in an MMO

The people who actually came to play a good MMO, have all left or are about to.

Bye.

/5chars

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I never said any of this stuff until now. I just don't believe this game has any potential for long-term power. While it has the subs now, it's because a lot of people haven't hit that brick wall of an end-game or are really casual in their play, which is fine. But as a long term-1-year-down-the-road type thing, I can't see this game clinging on. Don't get me wrong, it'll always be relatively healthy, but these 2 million subs won't hold in the long run. Not really talking about the first 2-3 months of a game with this sort of IP (which I'd assume is one of the main reasons for attracting so many).

With that logic one assumes that how the game is NOW will be how it is a year down the road. That's retarded thinking, everyone knows Bioware will improve on the game, everyone knows that sooner or later Bioware is gonna implement in features to make the game better, and that more and more content will be added in hence why some are willing to stick it out and watch the game grow

That suggests that the information quoted came from February prior to the 28th of the Month. It's probably why the number is exactly the same as the previous number we were given. The article just happens to be published in March, the information would appear to be old.

Wrong. End of February, more than 1.7 million subscribers.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1697329298x0x551496/6162f638-c8c9-45f2-ab77-463e59f00455/ERTS_Wedbush.pdf

these numbers dont affect me personally.

im more concerned with whether the devs are gonna fix the problems with the game to keep ME playing much longer.

in this patch they did something thats really pissing me off.

they added new ways of getting pvp items, lowered the cost of the epic speeder, but didnt add a cross server que so players on low pop servers could get them.

im still waiting several hours for a warzone to pop most days. even when i do get in a couple times the game is ruined by the fact the game is either unbalanced in numbers and its not a full game, or the fact we have people helping the other team win because they have friends there.

these are the things that concern me...

along with thefact i have a lvl 33 trooper stuck with nothing to do till lvl 36 when i can quest on quesh. thats right -- ive finished all my quests and im 3 lvls short of where im supposed to be. i would be filling the gaps with pvp to lvl faster but as ive already said pvp on low pop servers is almost non-existent.

bioware? help please?

Edited by Anathar

This game is definitely losing subs, and the major problem now is that if they dont address server merges soon, they will only lose more people.

I know my server at release had way more people than it has now. Fleet went from 180 people nightly to just over 100 now.

Many many complaints across several message boards about dead servers. so fanboys, if you think this game is not losing subs you have blinders on. Not only that, this game does not have good word of mouth lately.

The desparation is palpable. So your argument is that SWTOR is dying because the figures were not announced by EA themselves?

The 1.7 million figure is reported by reputable sites citing statements made by EA's CEO John Riccitiello:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-03-08-star-wars-the-old-republic-sitting-at-nearly-1-7-million-paid-subscribers

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/08/electronic-arts-reveals-new-mass-effect-3-and-star-wars-mmo-numbers/

where do i say the game is dying ?

I was just asking for a link to where EA are making these claims.

Jeez what is it with some people ?

i got my answer ty to the guy that gave it.

Just wondered what went wrong that a game with 1.7 million people in it made me re-roll onto a third server as the first two had very few people on ?

Edited by maxilo

This game is definitely losing subs, and the major problem now is that if they dont address server merges soon, they will only lose more people.

So the CEO of Electronic Arts is an outright liar?

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I never said any of this stuff until now.

SO you did not start threads 2 months ago calling bioware clueless and saying the game was in trouble?

Think carefully before answering.

Where you are making a fatal error in you thinking is believing that the casual players won't continue to support this game....Bioware already knows that is where their audience is and has even said that the game will move even further in that direction. Star Wars aside casual players love this game and are very happy with it; and I'm sorry but that is a huge demographic. GW2 has already said that it plans for their game to be brutal even in leveling, folks are bored senseless with WoW despite them basically walking you to Deathwing and handing you the armor (so much for Dungeons are hard eh?) TSW isn't going to be niche even Funcom says so.

What's left for casual players and those that want a Story based MMO? It's foolish to think that just because TOR doesn't have your demographic that it will automatically fail.

Just consider me the cold Pimp slap of reality. :)

where do i say the game is dying ?

I was just asking for a link to where EA are making these claims.

Jeez what is it with some people ?

I interpreted your posting as "I don't believe these numbers, because they are not from EA." Was this not what you were implying?

Actually, I was just reading my copy of that. Try looking at the transcript as well.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1675578999x0x551670/86a5c9a0-1ee8-480f-887b-04bf50c8d268/ERTS_Wedbush_03082012_Transcript.pdf

Star Wars, this is an area that I think has got a lot of people anxious. I've heard from investors today saying that

we must have 800,000 subscribers. I heard 600,000 yesterday. So what I think a lot of people have

misunderstood is we said we had 1.7 million subscribers on the last call, which was about a month ago. What that

was about was the fact that only about – just about half that number had triggered through their 30-day point and

become active subscribers, our definition of recurring subscribers.

We had about half that total still in the 30-day trial period, but they're subscribers because that first month is

including with a package good. What I said a month ago was, just over half. I can now confirm for you today that

the vast majority of the 1.7 is now triggered through that point and they're recurring subscribers

And this...

I am not giving you my fiscal 2013 guidance, but it is very clear on the surface that some of the craziness that was

out there in terms of misunderstanding [ph] this is that I can (10:04) clear up today. It's a very strong entry. We

still have a lot of future in front of us. We're two months into the launch, a lot more to go, but 1.7 million, vast

majority now, are recurring subscribers.

Clearly he's referring to his old numbers and NOT giving an update. Just clarifying what has happened with those previous declared subscribers.

Edited by Benfynyn

My bro and I extended our playtime in januari with a GC, which ends 20 march.

He already quit, i'm quitting the 20th. And so are many more people on my server.

You realize, you're not obligated to keep playing if you don't like the game right? I don't believe for a moment that you intend to quit, nor that your brother ever did.

I know my server at release had way more people than it has now. Fleet went from 180 people nightly to just over 100 now.

Many many complaints across several message boards about dead servers. so fanboys, if you think this game is not losing subs you have blinders on. Not only that, this game does not have good word of mouth lately.

I wish EA/Bioware could just sue your *** off for slander, because you're basically saying they lied to their investors. Really you need to be sued; I wish I could sue you for stupidity