Refund Accidently Purchased Commendation Gear

Tentlord

Hey,

I have now twice managed to buy things with my Columi Commendations which I didnt need, Now I want to know why cant we get that refunded back for 30 mins after purchase as commendations rather than the paltry 10-11k credits you get back. I believe this is a minor thing they could fix very quickly and dont understand why it was not in the game already. Has anyone else had this problem and would you like a fix like ive suggested??

Hey,

I have now twice managed to buy things with my Columi Commendations which I didnt need, Now I want to know why cant we get that refunded back for 30 mins after purchase as commendations rather than the paltry 10-11k credits you get back. I believe this is a minor thing they could fix very quickly and dont understand why it was not in the game already. Has anyone else had this problem and would you like a fix like ive suggested??

You actually can.

but you must file for a in-game report and put topic as "request to restore item"

Each player has 3 opportunity/ chances to restore the 'accidentally item drop/sold/ lost' of their choice within three months... not sure about refund though

Edited by pangwl

I do agree that for a time you should be able to sell the item back to the vendor and recieve your commendations back. I'm not saying it's not the OP's own fault, but it would be an easy and simple solution that would keep people from filing tickets over stuff like that and couldn't really have been that much harder then adding the confirmation dialogue box that they added...

I have that option on and when you buy stuff with the unassembled tech stuff it asks you that, but you try it with the Columi badges it just purchases them with no double check option. if you dont believe me try it.

If only an MMO at some point in history had instituted a short grace period one purchases that were made with tokens. you know, just in case a brief freeze or lag spike landed the wrong thing in your bag.

If only...

Oh well it's nice to dream.

Yeah. Sugar coat it all you want.

There is no law preventing the separation of an idiot and their credits/commendations.

Let the buyer beware.

If Columi is so sensitive, click with care.

BioWare shouldn't have to put stuff in game to keep you from hurting yourself.

Maybe, after you regrind the needed coms you will take them a little more seriously at purchase time.

You actually can.

but you must file for a in-game report and put topic as "request to restore item"

Each player has 3 opportunity/ chances to restore the 'accidentally item drop/sold/ lost' of their choice within three months... not sure about refund though

It's a rolling 6 month period, but yes, otherwise correct. I've done it. You need to have the item still though, sothey can take it from you and restore your commendations. If yuo sold it, buy it back and keep it in your bags until they get to your ticket. Seems to be about 3-5 days for it to go through...as you can imagine, they are getting alot of tickets.

I have that option on and when you buy stuff with the unassembled tech stuff it asks you that, but you try it with the Columi badges it just purchases them with no double check option. if you dont believe me try it.

Bought stuff Tuesday with my commendations and I saw the yes/no are you sure prompt.

Be more careful.

It's a rolling 6 month period, but yes, otherwise correct. I've done it. You need to have the item still though, sothey can take it from you and restore your commendations. If yuo sold it, buy it back and keep it in your bags until they get to your ticket. Seems to be about 3-5 days for it to go through...as you can imagine, they are getting alot of tickets.

Which is exactly why they should just put the ability to sell the item back to the vendor for a return of the commendations within 24hrs of buying the item. Free up those ticket queues for more serious issues.

If only an MMO at some point in history had instituted a short grace period one purchases that were made with tokens. you know, just in case a brief freeze or lag spike landed the wrong thing in your bag.

If only...

Oh well it's nice to dream.

Are you suggesting that lag can cause people to click the "Are you really sure you want to buy this item" button as well?

Hey,

you can write up a ticket for this but you only have so many manual refunds per year.

Honestly I wouldn't waste your refunds on something as easy to get as Columi gear.

Why are people so eager for other players to suffer for simple mistakes that affect them in no way whatsoever?

This hasn't happened to me, but what's so great about making this nonreversible?

People need to be held accountable for there actions.

If Bioware adds a "fix" everytime someone becomes complacent and makes a mistake that was easily avoidable/preventable (resulting in some form of currency being spent), then people will just stop paying attention completely because they know they don't have to.

There is a huge difference between a QoL fix and catering to the stupidity of a minority group of players.

Which is exactly why they should just put the ability to sell the item back to the vendor for a return of the commendations within 24hrs of buying the item. Free up those ticket queues for more serious issues.

I'm sure they have a nice backlog of tickets dealing with other issues as well....or people just opening tickets to rant at them for some reason they're angry about.

The problem with what you suggest though, is that people could buy something, try it out, bring it back, get their commendations back and then buy something else for commendations, which generally isn't the intent with things that are earned rewards as opposed to something you simply buy at a vendor with whatever monetary system is in the game. People could buy a head piece and then return it if something better drops, get a different commnedation reward with the returned commnendations, and so forth, then sell it all back at some point to buy the purple thingy with their commnedations. It needs a gatekeeper function or it would get exploited. We can disagree on whether people should be able to do that round-robin I just described, but clearly the developers felt that was too much easy mode and not the intent of the special commendation items.

Edited by Blotter

If Bioware adds a "fix" everytime someone becomes complacent and makes a mistake that was easily avoidable/preventable (resulting in some form of currency being spent), then people will just stop paying attention completely because they know they don't have to.

There is a huge difference between a QoL fix and catering to the stupidity of a minority group of players.

ROFLMAO !!

Held accountable for a mistake in a game ?? dude are you serious there are mmo`s out there that do let you refund stuff for mistakes like this, this hardcore attitude is not going to help Swtor subs and tbh I asked if others have had this issue not comments like yours, Real life is where your held accoutable for actions that effect other people not in Computer game. Oh and why did they bother with letting you buy stuff back with credits whats the sodding differance !!

Edited by Paralassa
content

I'm sure they have a nice backlog of tickets dealing with other issues as well....or people just opening tickets to rant at them for some reason they're angry about.

The problem with what you suggest though, is that people could buy something, try it out, bring it back, get their commendations back and then buy something else for commendations, which generally isn't the intent with things that are earned rewards as opposed to something you simply buy at a vendor with whatever monetary system is in the game. People could buy a head piece and then return it if something better drops, get a different commnedation reward with the returned commnendations, and so forth, then sell it all back at some point to buy the purple thingy with their commnedations. It needs a gatekeeper function or it would get exploited. We can disagree on whether people should be able to do that round-robin I just described, but clearly the developers felt that was too much easy mode and not the intent of the special commendation items.

Yup, it could become the Galactic Gear Rental System. But a smaller time window on returns could ease some pain.

I agree, as long as we're talking about the real world and not a video game full of virtual items where it would be in the companies best interest to put in a simple solution that doesn't require them to spend any real time on the issue other the coding the initial fix. In this case a simple solution to return the item to the vendor for your commendations back within a 24hr period. Other MMO's do this, why wouldn't BW? I think it's sill they don't. And for the record I've never, not once had this problem here or in WoW.

I would ask you to look at other MMO's who have already created said mentality. I would also ask you to look at the fact that BW already has a fix for this particular issue. It just happens to be one that takes 4-5 weeks and ties up customer service resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Again the fix exists in game already. It just ties up resources that could be better spend elsewhere. To me this is a game, with virtual items, dependant of customer happiness and loyalty for it's existance (read: people subscribing to the game). I don't even see why this would be an issue for people to "rage" against the OP about. It's easily fixed and would free up CS resources. Lots of people already complain that SWTOR is a WoW clone, take it one step further and put the vendor buy back option in.

I agree, as long as we're talking about the real world and not a video game full of virtual items where it would be in the companies best interest to put in a simple solution that doesn't require them to spend any real time on the issue other the coding the initial fix. In this case a simple solution to return the item to the vendor for your commendations back within a 24hr period. Other MMO's do this, why wouldn't BW? I think it's sill they don't. And for the record I've never, not once had this problem here or in WoW.

I would ask you to look at other MMO's who have already created said mentality. I would also ask you to look at the fact that BW already has a fix for this particular issue. It just happens to be one that takes 4-5 weeks and ties up customer service resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Again the fix exists in game already. It just ties up resources that could be better spend elsewhere. To me this is a game, with virtual items, dependant of customer happiness and loyalty for it's existance (read: people subscribing to the game). I don't even see why this would be an issue for people to "rage" against the OP about. It's easily fixed and would free up CS resources. Lots of people already complain that SWTOR is a WoW clone, take it one step further and put the vendor buy back option in.

They added a confirmation dialog for this already. If you click yes anyway, despite not wanting it you deserve to lose your credits/commendations/etc.

Very true but I'm all for an easy fix to a silly problem that doesn't really impact any other player.

The problem with what you suggest though, is that people could buy something, try it out, bring it back, get their commendations back and then buy something else for commendations, which generally isn't the intent with things that are earned rewards as opposed to something you simply buy at a vendor with whatever monetary system is in the game. People could buy a head piece and then return it if something better drops, get a different commnedation reward with the returned commnendations, and so forth, then sell it all back at some point to buy the purple thingy with their commnedations.

I have a simple question, why would you care if someone did that? I wouldn't, that wouldn't impact me in the least.

It needs a gatekeeper function or it would get exploited. We can disagree on whether people should be able to do that round-robin I just described, but clearly the developers felt that was too much easy mode and not the intent of the special commendation items.

I personally wouldn't think of that extreme example as an exploit. We do disagree, I wouldn't use the mechanic as such but I wouldn't care if someone else did. It simply wouldn't impact my enjoyment of the game at ALL if someone wanted to number crunch with their personal combat log, once it gets introduced, by doing that. I don't see how that's easy mode, and I won't pretend to know what the developers felt about that. In my mind they recieved a lot of flack and critcism for being a WoW clone, maybe they didn't put in a commendation buy back option to avoid being critisized some more?

They added a confirmation dialog for this already. If you click yes anyway, despite not wanting it you deserve to lose your credits/commendations/etc.

Let me again state that I do believe it is the OP's own fault. I'm not saying "awe unfair! Help the OP!".

I'm saying, the fix exists in the form of a ticket. BW WILL refund your commendations already.

Why not take it one step further (since we're already halfway down that path) and just make it an automated buy back system, JUST LIKE EXISTS FOR CREDITS ON ITEMS YOU PURCHASE (hell even have a penalty, so if you buy it for 4 you only get half back or something stupid). I just don't think CS Tickets should be tied up dealing with this kind of thing.