For 8 man Premades, Lets talk about class makeup.

Skitlz

I hope they buff Gunslingers with something useful for their parties or for WZ in general. If you disagree, look at the team make up from all the posters. Only 1-2 said Gunslinger for dps/aoe which I lol'ed because anyone else can AOE/DPS and still be more of a benefit to the team than a Gunslinger.

really? Gunslingers are actually pretty good...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they buff Gunslingers with something useful for their parties or for WZ in general. If you disagree, look at the team make up from all the posters. Only 1-2 said Gunslinger for dps/aoe which I lol'ed because anyone else can AOE/DPS and still be more of a benefit to the team than a Gunslinger.

You can lol at Gunslinger AE all you want, but no other class deploys their AE damage and goes on to their standard rotation while their AE demage ticks away. Though other classes have AE moves, all of them have to stop all actions to do their AE-Channel, bombardment is a cast and forget. There is utility in this.

I'd probably go with something like:

2 sage - healers

1 shadow - for passing/capping objectives, offtank and taunt

1 vanguard - guarding and carrying ball

2 gunslingers - crit buff/armor debuff/scrambling field/DPS/ranged interrupt

2 sentinel - healing debuff, single target DPS, tank killer and group buffs

Only map right now I'd switch up for is voidstar, where on attack DPS is the most important facet of the game. In voidstar I'd probably go heavily commando/sentinel/gunslinger/scoundrel/shadow and drop the tanks and maybe also drop the healers. Theory being, massive massive DPS can put the enemy team in the respawn, whereas massive heals will endlessly fight without making forward progress.

Why a vanguard for ball carrying, and why shadow for off tank? Personally I would do away with the vanguard and take another shadow tank, far more useful as a ball carrier/snatcher... then switch out a gunslinger for any trooper DPS for grav shot spam.

20% party damage reduction and uninterruptable, un-CC'able channeled single target nukes aren't useful?

An SS GS combined with a sentinel can walk through a team of healers in no time and no other class in the game has the type of *ranged, uninterrupted and instant* burst that a GS can bring to the table. Sage/sorc DPS is good for AOE but easily interrupted by a quality pre-made using CC/interrupts. As a GS the only way for you to stop my damage is to kill me and to do it I'm going to pull you off objectives and away from where my team is doing their thing. GS has the best "reactive damage" - it has no windup and it can be projected 35 meters around any given point at a moments notice.

They don't have a place on 4 man teams but definately have a place on 8 man teams.

Why a vanguard for ball carrying, and why shadow for off tank? Personally I would do away with the vanguard and take another shadow tank, far more useful as a ball carrier/snatcher... then switch out a gunslinger for any trooper DPS for grav shot spam.

Storm mostly but yes, the assassin would assist with ball carrying when needed to. And really, one commando is good for armor debuff off grav round but gunslingers have more reactive/uninterruptable ranged burst. When you're calling focus targets, you want immediate burst to kill the enemy before the spider tanking kicks in (alpha strike) and the alpha strike from snipers is vastly superior to the more sustained style of turret DPS that commandos bring.

Edited by dcgregorya

20% party damage reduction and uninterruptable, un-CC'able channeled single target nukes aren't useful?

I agree, I don't get the "boo too we're not useful" whine, no you can't carry the ball, but you're made for holding mid with the rest of the defence team.

I agree, I don't get the "boo too we're not useful" whine, no you can't carry the ball, but you're made for holding mid with the rest of the defence team.

I usually try to push up to their ramparts, not so much to kill the enemy (puts them back in the respawn, only useful when we're very close to scoring) - but to leg shot and CC incoming backup. I want to keep their offense away from killing our BC.

I think one of the problems with gunslinger is when I'm doing my job, you won't really notice I'm there. The win will just come easier. It'll come easier because you'll have 2 guys fighting you instead of 6, because I've either CC'd them or put them into the respawn and it'll come easier because when it looks like you're all of a sudden solo owning the hell out of someone its because I'm slinging 4k nukes at them from 30 yards away on the ramparts.

I notice that at the end of matches I never get MVP no matter how many kills and how much damage I do but we win *easily* because I'm keeping their team trapped behind glass in the respawn area - which is pretty important IMHO especially in voidstar and alderaan. I'm also the guy suiciding in acid to get back to the respawn fast enough to nuke down the ball carrier before they get across the goal. But alas, the job of the gunslinger is a thankless one.

Edited by dcgregorya

But alas, the job of the gunslinger is a thankless one.

Ha, I wouldn't worry too much about that. As a Guardian that often scores 4 out of 6 of even all 6 of the PUG groups I'm in, I hardly ever get the MVP votes, it doesn't help having a Trooper in almost every game whining I'm not passing to him when he should be holding mid anyway. Smugglers holding mid from up high while being totally un-chargeable (unlike the dumb Sorcs standing up there just letting me Force Leap, as my Sage friend runs ahead and so I can Guardian Leap, Force Push and then Force Leap over the line), get my MVP.

Edited by CapuchinSeven

I think premades will come down to guard more so than anything else, imo it's the strongest PvP ability right now. Second to that would probably be stealth detection. So I see a lot of successful premades being composed of commandos/mercs (stealth scan is best stealth detection atm) along with probably shadow/sins for guard.

But really the best premades are those that are more flexible. I don't know if the 8man teams are going to be forced to be static, but if you can vary your roster freely than those teams that are willing and able to play different classes/specs are going to be those that are more successful.

People will play what they think is the best to begin with, but slowly some strategy or team makeup will become popular, like multiple Marauders for force leap. The team who's willing and able to field multiple gunslinger/snipers to counteract this is going to be the most successful, at least until another strategy becomes favored. The teams who have multiple 50s to choose from, and the intelligence to field those 50s against specific tactics, are going to be the most successful long term, regardless of initial makeup.

Edited by Cruxe

It's the everyone wants to play the 'striker' syndrome when in reality it's the mid fielders that wins the game.

I blame Cristiano Ronaldo.

Edited by Orangerascal

It's the everyone wants to play the 'striker' syndrome when in reality it's the mid fielders that wins the game.

I blame Cristiano Ronaldo.

I agree they win the game, it's not good me scoring one only to lose two more because they held mid and then held it again.

The truth is we'll have to wait for 1.2 itself to know - if Bioware lives up to their promise to rebalance the classes, theres no way to tell which classes will be the best.

For example, maybe Bioware will come to their senses and nerf the kinetic shadow (and that's coming from a shadow).

2 Healers - Merc/Merc or Merc/Operative (Sorc/Sage worthless when focused and die quick)

1 Tank (dont know which one is best)

1 Assassin (best ball runner)

4 marauders (Highest DPS and best survivability out of DPS'rs)

Or just run 8 marauders Annihilation spec

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

1 sage healer

1 sage hybrid

1 SS GS

1 GS hybrid

1 trooper healer

2 vanguards

and 1 of any of the other viable RANGED DPS.

do not want melee.

put a good sage healer and a good trooper healer together who works together with their class specific buffs and you have an awesome healing partnership

the hybrid sage is always there to throw 1 or 2 heals when needed.

Edited by Scotland

Just wanting to get some thoughts and a good discussion for once. This forum is filled with BS 90% of the time and QQ for another 9%.

What do you think will be a good class makeup for 8 man premade.

How many tanks, heals, dps?

Which Classes for tanks, for heals and for DPS?

Is it warzone dependant? Would u change the makeup for a different warzone?

Lets just get some good chatter and theory going on.

Have fun in SWTOR guys. Im Sith Assassin Darkness spec on Deadweight server. Mayhem guild.

tanks/healers

tank LS carryer not vanguard or BH

healer

nuff said this is the best set up. if you want to make some easy wins

Edited by FriscoFrez

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.