That PVP healer adjustment was a JOKE

Zethlis

Well I'd love to prove it to you but I'm afraid there is no poll option

There are many things wrong with the queue system, matching battlemasters with new 50s for one, not allowing 8 person ops for two, etc.

If you can't prove your claim then don't claim it. Pretty simple.

As far as queuing goes, yes, there are some iffy parts to it that have been and will continue to be addressed in the future patches.

Also, for the sake of the continuation of this argument, please stay on topic.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think overall it is the profound lack of target selection and assisting skills that is the problem, not the healers. So many matches watching most of your team run around beating on a tank because he is at half health and 'almost' dead, while the healer spams away with no pressure on him.

I think voidstar is poorly designed and lets healers clump up, but even then either focus the healer down, or just assign someone to harass them. Even if I cant kill the healer, I can ensure his effectiveness is greatly reduced so the dumb people on my team will actually be able to kill whoever they managed to tab first.

The problem of course is that if you dumb stuff down for the masses and nerf healers, when you get a group that can assist and doesn't ignore the healers, then being a healer becomes pointless.

I think overall it is the profound lack of target selection and assisting skills that is the problem, not the healers. So many matches watching most of your team run around beating on a tank because he is at half health and 'almost' dead, while the healer spams away with no pressure on him.

I think voidstar is poorly designed and lets healers clump up, but even then either focus the healer down, or just assign someone to harass them. Even if I cant kill the healer, I can ensure his effectiveness is greatly reduced so the dumb people on my team will actually be able to kill whoever they managed to tab first.

The problem of course is that if you dumb stuff down for the masses and nerf healers, when you get a group that can assist and doesn't ignore the healers, then being a healer becomes pointless.

Good point. I usually ask for ops lead and ask people to type out names of the healers on the opposition so that I can mark them. It makes a load of difference in terms of people targeting in a pug/premade alike.

Also, this might not seem like it has much to do with the team comp, but general team strategy is important as well and shines over team comp any day, especially in these objective based warzones. Simple things like:

-Pulling people away/cc'ing from cap points to allow a teammate to cap (offense)

-Humping cap points and trying to remain on top of it while LOS'ing the damage dealers (defense)

-interrupting healers and timing cc's rather than just overloading and giving them full resolve and immunity in a matter of seconds

Edited by Warrivv

I have never had an issue with this. Then again what the imps play the pubs 1 in 40 times, ok maybe 5 or 10.

Don't premades fix this for you?

Don't join pugs.

If one team wants to load up on healers they are losing out on something else. 4 healers standing around sure cant run a ball or cap nodes or try to set bombs. They couldn't kill anything so they would never ever be able to have 8 seconds to cap or plant.

I want an option where I can only queue up for winning teams....This is what you want right?

Actually you don't really want to pvp you just want the gear and they you will probably roll into Tatooine and play big bad ganker.

I can't help being put on a team with 4+ dimwits who don't know how half of the mechanics work, except from abstaining from warzones completely as it's a huge inconvenience to only PVP with a group of 4 50s who you know will do good.

I can't help being put on a team with 4+ dimwits who don't know how half of the mechanics work, except from abstaining from warzones completely as it's a huge inconvenience to only PVP with a group of 4 50s who you know will do good.

It's a MMO for a reason. Not to mention, you're assuming that Republic doesn't have their fair share of "dimwits" either. Both sides have it.

You take the good and the bad dictated by the community on the server you play with. If that's not your style and you can't have fun just playing the game to play it, then maybe this game isn't for you.

Is it just me who actually enjoys playing against sages? They're just so damned fun to kill... if you get your CC chain and burst right, they just leg it... it's awesome! Nothing funnier than gripping a sage back and assassinating him/her.

I'm tired of playing warzones and healers being the factor of us winning or losing, there NEEDS to be a cap on the amount of healers that can be in warzones in PVP because it is ruining mine and everyone else's experience especially since we're Empire and healers are canonically Republic so they are more likely to have more healers than us, which is how it turns out majority of the time. I'm completely burnt out from PVP right now because I just played 3 warzones in a row where healers were healing healers and it is RIDICULOUS

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wall%20of%20text

http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/43642-how-use-puncuation-marks-correctly.html

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eRage

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=failboat

i'm tired of playing warzones and healers being the factor of us winning or losing, there needs to be a cap on the amount of healers that can be in warzones in pvp because it is ruining mine and everyone else's experience especially since we're empire and healers are canonically republic so they are more likely to have more healers than us, which is how it turns out majority of the time. I'm completely burnt out from pvp right now because i just played 3 warzones in a row where healers were healing healers and it is ridiculous

l2dps

It's a MMO for a reason. Not to mention, you're assuming that Republic doesn't have their fair share of "dimwits" either. Both sides have it.

You take the good and the bad dictated by the community on the server you play with. If that's not your style and you can't have fun just playing the game to play it, then maybe this game isn't for you.

Sitting there and healing anyone who's losing health is A LOT easier than being responsible for CCing and interrupting and such.

l2dps

I top the DPS in every warzone I'm in FYI.

QFT if you are DPS heavy then why are healers bieng allowed to heal? Interrupt them, harrass them push them away make them heal themselves

Its funny that in just about every mmo, the devs constantly nerf down dps to the point that healers become unkillable, and this is called balance.

This is kind of true, definitely not with TOR... yet since the CC train kills you with ease. With my resto shaman in WoW, resilience (cancels out crits) made me merely unkillable.

Edited by Sookster

Sitting there and healing anyone who's losing health is A LOT easier than being responsible for CCing and interrupting and such.

Your assumptions are starting to get hilarious. Just because I'm a healer doesn't mean I don't participate and do my fair share of CC's, slows, and interrupts. On top of that, healers have to anticipate interrupts and either fake cast to bait it or LOS and find a good enough angle to throw a heal out.

Also, DPS padding/bragging/stats at end of game aren't the end all be all to claim authority in the performance of your team's objectives. You started this topic blaming healers on the opposite faction and then it turned into you not wanting to queue because your faction was too "dimwitted" to play with.

Kindly make up your mind with what you want to debate over so you refrain from using this forum as your therapist to vent your rage.

This is kind of true, definitely not with TOR... yet since the CC train kills you with ease. With my resto shaman in WoW, resilience (cancels out crits) was merely unkillable.

I agree to an extent. I also played a Resto Sham in WoW and it really depended on the skill of the people above all and how they handled their cc chains. This is coming from 2k+ arena though and not BG's, where randomness of PuGs and/or rated bgs didn't come into play, having a call for more attention to objective over just kills.

Edited by Warrivv

So do tracer missile spammers. The reason you top DPS in every WZ, is because you aren't properly controlling healers. What class do you play? I mean you are complaining about healers healing healers. And? That means they aren't healing DPS and Tanks don't hit hard enough. This leaves the rest of your team to do what they need. Healers healing healers means that their team's effectiveness is lowered. Healers healing DPS and their tanks is when you are screwed.

My original assessment stands. L2DPS.

Edited by Derian

Is it just me who actually enjoys playing against sages? They're just so damned fun to kill... if you get your CC chain and burst right, they just leg it... it's awesome! Nothing funnier than gripping a sage back and assassinating him/her.

I love going against Sorc/Sages, as a Watchman Sentinel. THe only pure healer that's hard to kill is a Merc/Commando.

I'm tired of playing warzones and healers being the factor of us winning or losing, there NEEDS to be a cap on the amount of healers that can be in warzones in PVP because it is ruining mine and everyone else's experience especially since we're Empire and healers are canonically Republic so they are more likely to have more healers than us, which is how it turns out majority of the time. I'm completely burnt out from PVP right now because I just played 3 warzones in a row where healers were healing healers and it is RIDICULOUS

What adjustment did they make? I couldn't find a list of adds on the last update but I could swear either my connection is slow today or juggy force leap no longer launches from the air...

I don't think the big problem is the healers it's that so many classes can be effective off healers while they are not specced for healing. You should have to spec fairly deep into the healing tree to be effective or penalize healing more for speccing a different tree. As well as penalize dps more for being specced healing. Edited by Elochai-

I don't think the big problem is the healers it's that so many classes can be effective off healers while they are not specced for healing. You should have to spec fairly deep into the healing tree to be effective or penalize healing more for speccing a different tree. As well as penalize dps more for being specced healing.

That's a fine line to cross though. If they were to spam heals on people that needed heals then IMO that's being a team player and supporting one another. However, if they were spec'd DPS and used that time to heal, they would have the distinct advantage in damage dealt over healing done and would have to make that decision to perform a task not specialized in.

Hybrid specs exist as a way to not only be creative and not just dump points blindly into one tree, but to customize your playstyle to how you want to play. I feel this balances it out as well.

Say for example an operative wants to spec concealment (the rogue-like dps spec) but wants to have some healing talents enough to use Kolto Probe (the operative's medic HoT). They would have to sacrifice getting the concealment 31 point talent Acid Blade, which adds a significant boost to their DPS by giving them armor pen and a DoT, all for the sake of getting a heal.

Edited by Warrivv

That's a fine line to cross though. If they were to spam heals on people that needed heals then IMO that's being a team player and supporting one another. However, if they were spec'd DPS and used that time to heal, they would have the distinct advantage in damage dealt over healing done and would have to make that decision to perform a task not specialized in.

Hybrid specs exist as a way to not only be creative and not just dump points blindly into one tree, but to customize your playstyle to how you want to play. I feel this balances it out as well.

Say for example an operative wants to spec concealment (the rogue-like dps spec) but wants to have some healing talents enough to use Kolto Probe (the operative's medic HoT). They would have to sacrifice getting the concealment 31 point talent Acid Blade, which adds a significant boost to their DPS by giving them armor pen and a DoT, all for the sake of getting a heal.

It's not the hybrid specs that bug me it's the amount of healing you can still do if you spec very little or none into the healing tree. Either do something about that or add a mechanic that doesn't allow them to instantly switch from one to the other mid fight without some additional penalties. I just think all in all there are too many classes that can heal. There's too many heals flying around in this game.

Edited by Elochai-

Your assumptions are starting to get hilarious. Just because I'm a healer doesn't mean I don't participate and do my fair share of CC's, slows, and interrupts. On top of that, healers have to anticipate interrupts and either fake cast to bait it or LOS and find a good enough angle to throw a heal out.

Also, DPS padding/bragging/stats at end of game aren't the end all be all to claim authority in the performance of your team's objectives. You started this topic blaming healers on the opposite faction and then it turned into you not wanting to queue because your faction was too "dimwitted" to play with.

Kindly make up your mind with what you want to debate over so you refrain from using this forum as your therapist to vent your rage.

Okay let me get a little more specific for you. I TOP DPS WHILE CARRYING MY TEAM. The topic stands, I was just making side notes, I'm not changing the entire subject I was posting something relevant to what was said by someone else.

So do tracer missile spammers. The reason you top DPS in every WZ, is because you aren't properly controlling healers. What class do you play? I mean you are complaining about healers healing healers. And? That means they aren't healing DPS and Tanks don't hit hard enough. This leaves the rest of your team to do what they need. Healers healing healers means that their team's effectiveness is lowered. Healers healing DPS and their tanks is when you are screwed.

My original assessment stands. L2DPS.

You're kidding right? I CC to the best of anyone's capability. I'm a Sith Assassin. That means one DPS can pound on you while you pound back and 2 healers heal him and if you try to kill the healer the other healer is healing that healer, THAT is what I'm talking about.

Okay let me get a little more specific for you. I TOP DPS WHILE CARRYING MY TEAM. The topic stands, I was just making side notes, I'm not changing the entire subject I was posting something relevant to what was said by someone else.

You're kidding right? I CC to the best of anyone's capability. I'm a Sith Assassin. That means one DPS can pound on you while you pound back and 2 healers heal him and if you try to kill the healer the other healer is healing that healer, THAT is what I'm talking about.

1v3 situations aren't supposed to be equal.

hes probably doesn't necessarily mean 1v3 he's talking about the general occurrence of everyone healing everyone even when you change targets. causing for lame pvp where no one dies on the other team if they have a surplus of heals. Think about it from the other persons perspective. Why should he waste his time with that. That provides him with no fun and no entertainment value.

hes probably doesn't necessarily mean 1v3 he's talking about the general occurrence of everyone healing everyone even when you change targets. causing for lame pvp where no one dies on the other team if they have a surplus of heals. Think about it from the other persons perspective. Why should he waste his time with that. That provides him with no fun and no entertainment value.

Then if the numbers are equal, two people interrupt healer, while other helps to DPS one of the healers down. I fail to see how it's a problem. Generally people who complain about healing are in bad groups or bad themselves. I am thinking from his perspective I play a Watchman Sentinel and I've never played a healer ever.

Then you have 3 people to interupt the heals.

. That means one DPS can pound on you while you pound back and 2 healers heal him and if you try to kill the healer the other healer is healing that healer, THAT is what I'm talking about.

Now we're gettin to it: this guy can't win a 1v3...

You heard it Bioware, it's time to bring out the nerfbat, help this poor guy out.

He is obviously THAT awesome and your broken game prevents him from winning a 1v3 fight as he should be.

This can not stand, the time for action is NOW!!