Rejected player classes

mousestalker

Not many people know this, but Bioware had at least four additional classes for each side (Republic and Imperial). They are as follows:

Jedi Bishop- This took any number of forms (Pawn, queen, rook) but all were rejected once the developers settled on the Knight.

Jedi Concierge- This class's concept and traits were folded over into a npc, C2N2.

Trouper- The voiced singing wasn't a problem. What killed this class was it's demand for on spot choreography that seriously challenged the graphics department as well as a tendency by play testers playing this class to upstage the other players.

Snuggler- It was felt that this class was too clingy.

Sith Whiner - The less said the better. It's still being played on these forums right here, mostly in the general discussion section.

Sithian Inquisition- Dropped because no one expected them.

Deer Hunter- Class was dropped when playing 'russian roulette' with blasters proved one hundred per cent fatal.

Imperial Attorney - This class suffered from two fatal defects. First, it was entirely too over powered. Second, playtesters universally complained of needing a shower after having played one.

Deer Hunter- Class was dropped when playing 'russian roulette' with blasters proved one hundred per cent fatal.

There is a part of me that loves the fact that a sizeable portion of the forum goers don't get this because the are too young. Then there is the other part that realizes that that means I am old.

Also those were pretty great.

Snuggler- It was felt that this class was too clingy.

Sith Whiner - The less said the better. It's still being played on these forums right here, mostly in the general discussion section.

Sithian Inquisition- Dropped because no one expected them.

Imperial Attorney - This class suffered from two fatal defects. First, it was entirely too over powered. Second, playtesters universally complained of needing a shower after having played one.

My 4 fav's by far.

I'd totally play a Snuggler.:D

Sithian Inquisition....COMMOOOON! I can't be that old with such a "refined" humor to be the only one to get that reference. :D

Sith Whiner notes....ooooh yeaaaaaah. Especially in the general discussion section.

And I disagree slightly with the Attorney. I wouldn't want to take a shower...I'd want to peel my skin off and get a fresh coat. :eek:

Trouper and snuggler made me grin. The Sith Whiner and the Sithian Inquisition killed me.

Although the Russian Roulette with blasters also greatly amuses me, particularly since people have shot themselves in real life by using a semi-automatic pistol to play the game.

I wonder if the 'Sithian Inquisition' class was nixed because of one rather over the top ability...the 'Comfy Force Choke'?

Stands to reason.

I suspect that line of thinking gave us the mad scientist working on ergonomic chairs! Thank the force the worst was averted.

Edited by MustrumRidcully