VIP Club access now worthless....

dynastynyy

While I see your point, think real life and all the "exclusive" items that have been advertised as being available only at "store x", yet down the road you can find those item at a close out store or online to the masses "while supply lasts" for a lot less in price too.

think real life, when you die, you gone, your out, pouf

its a game and not real life

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The exact term they used in advertising was "Exclusive". That's a fairly black and white statement.

I'm not whining and challenge anyone to find a post where it states I'm distraught or harbor great anger towards Biowares decision.

However, I have no problem is stating the obvious that VIP/CE vendors are largely irrelevant and have been since release.

You're free to debate that opinion of it being irrelevant but the facts are facts. Nearly every item available that's "exclusive" has a nearly identical version available for credits at non CE/DDE/VIP vendors.

Taken into the real world, your "nearly identical" offering negating exclusivity point does not hold water. The real world market place is full of "exclusive" items that are nearly identical to the standard offering. Very often it is just the matter of a small logo or alternate color that sets apart something as the exclusive.

There are still somethings offered in the VIP vendor that are exclusive. Others can be had at greater expense than VIP buyers and few others were fully exclusive for a limited time. I bought the whole 150 buck package myself and don't feel cheated one iota about some of the exclusivity being only for a limited time. Taken as a whole, everything in the package was largely as expected. Maybe the VIP vendors could have been a bit better but, the security fob and key vendor access made up for it by exceeding my expectations.

Edited by Matte_Black

But there's a difference between VIP and Exclusive.

A VIP box at a ball game, can be used by a 'normal' person, but if that box is exclusive, then why should a 'normal' person get use of it?

If a car is exclusive, you would only see one of them. What's the point of making it 'exclusive', only to sell it on, cheaper to everyone, later?

If something is advertised as exclusive, there should only be one, or ig, a handful...and it should be exclusive forever.

I have never played an mmo, where at some point in time they did not offer what ever was in a CE, to the general gamer, this is pretty much a standard practice, and in every one of those games people got upset, and it did no good, I have a CE, I expected this, and i don't really care, the other stuff that came in my box is pretty cool to me, it's just one of those things /shrug

SWG never made the CE goggles available to the masses...

If a car is exclusive, you would only see one of them. What's the point of making it 'exclusive', only to sell it on, cheaper to everyone, later?

Take this as you willl but, I think it says alot about the reality of what exclusive means out in the market. I just did a search for "exclusive automobile" and the 3 adds at the top were for Lincoln, Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz.

When it comes to sales claims, you should have no expectation of "exclusive" meaning all that much and certainly not along the lines of one-of-a-kind. I think BioWare upheld "exclusive" more than most do.

It's funny how this conversation pops up in just about every game ever sold. Unless you want the real-life items, Collectors' Editions are almost always a ripoff; the in-game stuff rarely remains exclusive, and even if it does it never provides an appreciable mechanical benefit.

Like it or not, that's the way it is, and the way it likely always will be. Those of you who don't care to clutter your houses with worthless figurines and glossy game art should file this away under, "Lesson Learned."

20 bucks is 2 weeks pocket money!

Where? :)

No, someone dosn't understand english.

The STORE is exclusive.

It still excludes anyone who didnt by the CE from buying from it, so it's still (literally) exclusive.

I don't remember them advertising that the items in it would be exclusive

http://buy.swtor.com/us/

Not exclusive, but definitely unique:

Collector’s Store (Virtual Item Store)

Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items available only to purchasers of the Collector's Edition.

But then the DE droid was supposed to be a pet that helped in combat and followed you around outside of it...... and what it is, is just a combat target marker.

Wow people get so worked up those who have the CE and those who don't; really give it a rest...it isn't worth the high blood pressure.

I like my CE I bought it for one reason only I collect GG statues; I'm happy and would never spend a million plus credits on anything that gets me from point a to point b so I could care less about the speeders.

The most fun thing I found in the store was the T7 skin that was cool and fairly cheap; if they keep adding stuff like that fine if not who cares.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

No, someone dosn't understand english.

The STORE is exclusive.

It still excludes anyone who didnt by the CE from buying from it, so it's still (literally) exclusive.

I don't remember them advertising that the items in it would be exclusive

http://buy.swtor.com/us/

/facepalm

Yes so the VENDOR is exclusive, the the ITEMS on the vendor are not.

Makes sense.

the funny part is, i dont think one person in this thread (myself included) is claiming theyre mad at buying the CE.

I actually didnt even buy the CE. I'm kind of wondering what the point of the VIP club is (you can get VIP access by spending 1m credits, btw) if the one thing on the vendor is now available for public consumption...

So, getting things three months in advance to everyone else isn't enough reward? You want to feel special indefinitely?

Special CE items indefinitely has been the industry standard that I've seen untill now.

Now honestly, how many less people do you think would have bought the CE if they knew upfront that all the in game items that came with it would be available to everyone in three months?

In all fairness, this is BW's first mmo.

the funny part is, i dont think one person in this thread (myself included) is claiming theyre mad at buying the CE.

I actually didnt even buy the CE. I'm kind of wondering what the point of the VIP club is (you can get VIP access by spending 1m credits, btw) if the one thing on the vendor is now available for public consumption...

There still is the CE only vendor, the VIP vendor can be accessed by anyone in the VIP lounge. Only those who purchased the CE can buy from the CE vendor.

Edited by Dyraele

There still is the CE only vendor, the VIP vendor can be accessed by anyone in the VIP lounge. Only those who purchased the CE can buy from the CE vendor.

ah right, only the people payin g 150+ for the game should have permanent access to "exclusive" items...sound logic.

The point is, players were lured in by the idea of a VIP vendor with exclusive items. Now, to have BioWare sort of rescind this seems to be a little weird. If they decide to release further "exclusive" content for pre-paying players, BW can be pretty much assured that not nearly as many people will take their inevitable "bait-and-switch" plan.

ah right, only the people payin g 150+ for the game should have permanent access to "exclusive" items...sound logic.

The point is, players were lured in by the idea of a VIP vendor with exclusive items. Now, to have BioWare sort of rescind this seems to be a little weird. If they decide to release further "exclusive" content for pre-paying players, BW can be pretty much assured that not nearly as many people will take their inevitable "bait-and-switch" plan.

You are right, I didn't mean it to come out that way but I guess it did. My point was that the CE vendor was the only one they said would be exclusive that I remembered.

EDIT:and that the VIP lounge is not worthless since there is an exclusive vendor.

However, yes, they should have made all vendors in the VIP lounge have exclusive items since you have to pay so much to get in there, otherwise it is pointless and you can just wait until they go "on sale".

Edited by Dyraele