Newest patch shafts healers again

Aahren

Ok I do not play a healer but I do now see how they just got shafted again in pvp by bioware.

The change on the armament/Ilum kills to include warzones is a great idea and will keep some people playing, however bioware you have seen fit to have it count only killing blows. this does not hurt me to much as I am tank/dps dealer but what does it do for the healers? Sure they get credit for kills now but how many killing blows do healers get in any given match? Maybe a few if they get lucky.

Another thing you just promoted by doing this is that some players will just stand back and watch for someone low health and unload thier biggest ability on them thus stealing allot of killing blows they may not have otherwise gotten.

One way you could have accomplished the same thing and still kept everyone happy would have been to give 1 armament/kill credit for every 3 regular kills in a warzone. In this way you still limit the amount you can get in each warzone but healers can still get some credit towards the achievement.

This has to be addressed and fixed or you are going to continue to lose a ton of player base. I am thinking your development team could use a few just regular old common sense people to guide your computer brainiacs down the right path. Maybe then things wont get turned into bigger messes when you try to fix small problems.

Good luck finding any healers in warzone matches in a couple days now that this patch has "fixed things".

Edited by Aahren

Agreed, and i am a healer.

Worst even yet is that something mustve gone REALLY ****IN wrong with the patch

How the hell can you (Bioware) promote a playstyle where two healers cant out heal one dps.

The entire day has been a *********** slaughter fest, one sith warrior can absolutly demolish ANY other person.

How the hell can you (Bioware) promote a playstyle where two healers cant out heal one dps.

The entire day has been a *********** slaughter fest, one sith warrior can absolutly demolish ANY other person.

Um....two healers can always outheal one DPS. unless the other healer is being disrupted, then that's called two healers not being able to outheal two DPS...Now if you both got Smashed, then well, now you know, don't stand together.

The change on the armament/Ilum kills to include warzones is a great idea and will keep some people playing, however bioware you have seen fit to have it count only killing blows.

What? This is the first I've heard of that, no one else has said anything of the sort.

What is your class?

I can easily out heal 2 dps on me at one time, I think it just depends on what class/gear you are/have.

Also to the OP, I haven't logged on today yet but that's really disappointing if you only get credit by killing blows..

Edited by Paelonic

What? This is the first I've heard of that, no one else has said anything of the sort.

I have yet to play due to work, but the general consensus and uproar I guess is that completing a WZ gives you at most 3 "kills" to your Ilum counter, and is capped at that regardless if you went 100-0(56 killing blows), it's just 3-end story.

But the forums have been known to full of trolls...

Actually found out that what you get is 3 kill credits per warzone towards the Ilum daily/weekly win or lose. Still this is WAY to low sorry bioware you are just not impressing me with the end game so far.

The uninformed stand united in being completely ignorant and up in arms about something...go figure.

Win or lose YOU GET 3 ARMAMENTS per war zone with or without killing blows. For god's sake please do a little research before you get on a forum and make yourself look like a moron.

Yea, i really hope they do something about the killingblow gimick,

I really dont want to click anymore boxes, its probably THE most booring way to implement a daily quest.

Im playing a Sorc healer valor 47 (Not hybrid) with more or less full Champion set (using rakata pieces for belt and bracers).

Im well aware of how "smash" works and know how to avoid it..well atlest most of the time ;)

It just seemed to me that Sith warriors were doing A LOT more dmg then they used to and no im not talking about the 7k smashes, one 7k smash doesnt even come close to taking me down even if you add the the buildup dmg from the abilities they need to actually land a smash.

I used to have problems with assassins/shadows but as of yesterday they cant hold a candle to the damned warriors.

Im asking if someone else noticed this aswell or if its only in my head and i just had a REALLY poor pvp experience yesterday.

Edited by Bustha

From my experience today your performance/kills/killing blows has no bearing whatsoever on your ilum credit, you simply get 3 kills credit at the end of a warzone.

I filled a ragequit spot in a WZ today that had only a short time left in it and still got the 3 kills even in that game (when all I got to do before the game ended was fight 1 person).

The ilum daily/weekly may simply be read as "Complete 10 warzones" or "Complete 50 warzones" for now.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Ok I do not play a healer but I do now see how they just got shafted again in pvp by bioware.

The change on the armament/Ilum kills to include warzones is a great idea and will keep some people playing, however bioware you have seen fit to have it count only killing blows. this does not hurt me to much as I am tank/dps dealer but what does it do for the healers? Sure they get credit for kills now but how many killing blows do healers get in any given match? Maybe a few if they get lucky.

Another thing you just promoted by doing this is that some players will just stand back and watch for someone low health and unload thier biggest ability on them thus stealing allot of killing blows they may not have otherwise gotten.

One way you could have accomplished the same thing and still kept everyone happy would have been to give 1 armament/kill credit for every 3 regular kills in a warzone. In this way you still limit the amount you can get in each warzone but healers can still get some credit towards the achievement.

This has to be addressed and fixed or you are going to continue to lose a ton of player base. I am thinking your development team could use a few just regular old common sense people to guide your computer brainiacs down the right path. Maybe then things wont get turned into bigger messes when you try to fix small problems.

Good luck finding any healers in warzone matches in a couple days now that this patch has "fixed things".

RAWR! I think I found Bioware's mistake, lemme post it up on the forums! Oh wait, the mistake was your own.

Sorry but it has nothing to do with killing blows. You can shine up your tin foil hat for your next theory though.

Yea, i really hope they do something about the killingblow gimick,

I really dont want to click anymore boxes, its probably THE most booring way to implement a daily quest.

Im playing a Sorc healer valor 47 (Not hybrid) with more or less full Champion set (using rakata pieces for belt and bracers).

Im well aware of how "smash" works and know how to avoid it..well atlest most of the time ;)

It just seemed to me that Sith warriors were doing A LOT more dmg then they used to and no im not talking about the 7k smashes, one 7k smash doesnt even come close to taking me down even if you add the the buildup dmg from the abilities they need to actually land a smash.

I used to have problems with assassins/shadows but as of yesterday they cant hold a candle to the damned warriors.

Im asking if someone else noticed this aswell or if its only in my head and i just had a REALLY poor pvp experience yesterday.

Do u even read any replies?? There is no KB gimmick and u dont need KB's to get credit towards the daily. U get 3 kills for the Ilum daily each WZ.. So stop clicking ur boxes and learn to read posts before u post!

Edited by Jeromet

Do u even read any replies?? There is no KB gimmick and u dont need KB's to get credit towards the daily. U get 3 kills for the Ilum daily each WZ.. So stop clicking ur boxes and learn to read posts before u post!

I did read it.

ahhh, why bother.

please go troll someone else /shoo

You guys are crazy lol. I got 10 medals yesterday on my sage healer. 10 medals! I've NEVER had that many before playing a healer, most I get is 6-7. I got 70 kills and only had 11k damage (but 700k healing :p). I think this patch is really great. Why would I care about killing blows, I'm still a little confused about that. Just use telekinetic throw on someone about to die and you're almost guaranteed a killing blow medal. I got 0 killing blows/solo kills that match so I'm still confused as to what you mean.

I did read it.

ahhh, why bother.

please go troll someone else /shoo

Apparently you did NOT read it because there are 10+ responses saying there is no KB gimmick, yet you still stated in your post AFTER the 10+ responses that you hope they fix the KB gimmick. Thus you did not read the responses.