This is troubling news about valor...

ColdLogic

What is being said here is that we should stop all PvP grinding till 1.2 because everything we grind will be useless untill ranked commendations for War Hero gear and all we will get is one or two lame mounts and to be the leader in a wz (which no one cares about) for our valor grinding.

Good.

Grinding for valor because you need gear was stupid.

If you don't want the things that valor rewards you with, don't grind valor. Play the game for fun, as it should be.

Edited by Spymaster

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken from Guild Summit on Valor/Gear in PvP.

Q: we have a few guildies that are battlemaster – are you going to make it less grindy to obtain these gear as right now they are farming daily and weekly quests to get those commendations?

A: Right now if you are valor 60, the only way to get BM bags is via quests – winning warzones. This leads to bad behaviors of leaving warzones you are losing. It took away the incentives to get commendations and the incentives to get performance in warzones. In 1.2 the ranked warzone commendations will be used to purchase War hero gear directly (no valor rank or warzone rating required to equip the new War Hero gear) . Warzone rating will allow you to get a different color version of the War Hero gear (its more of a prestige thing, especially in the pre-season). Valor rank requirement for battlemaster gear was a temporary measure – valor rank is suppose a PvP prestige thing and not a gear progression. More valor ranks give you prestige things like being able to be the leader of a warzone, cool mounts etc.

Oh this is priceless EA talking about bad behavior. Ill tell you what bad behavior is. Its releasing a game so full of bugs youd need a can of raid to fix it. Go preach yer bad behavior crap soemwhere else were not listenning EA

What is good for PvP should also be good for PvE. Time invested to obtain gear to be competitive in PvP = time invested in PvE to obtain gear to be competitive in PvE progression. You want welfare PvP epics? We want welfare PvE epics. Let "skill" in both aspects be the deciding factor. No more gear progression be necessary to complete top tier ops on nightmare mode. Only skill right? Don't get me wrong, I participate in PvE and PvP and like them both. But pvers can't be so egocentric to think that PvPers are second class citizens.

What is good for PvP should also be good for PvE. Time invested to obtain gear to be competitive in PvP = time invested in PvE to obtain gear to be competitive in PvE progression. You want welfare PvP epics? We want welfare PvE epics. Let "skill" in both aspects be the deciding factor. No more gear progression be necessary to complete top tier ops on nightmare mode. Only skill right? Don't get me wrong, I participate in PvE and PvP and like them both. But pvers can't be so egocentric to think that PvPers are second class citizens.

+1

I was thinking the same thing the other night since they said that since PvP and PvE gear would vary in stats when champion gear would be available for credits. I think they need to sell the tionese gear for credits to make it a level playing field for the People who want to start pve'ing HM's at 50. Only fair right?

Um excuse me, what kind of highfalutin jerk do you have to be to claim people have no life because they got something you were not motivated enough to achieve? 1.2 isn't going to make gear about skill, you are still going to get Warhero Comms for losing to purchase the gear.

and...

I've made almost no alts.

I've done almost no PvE content. (not a fan)

Thus I've spent the majority of my in-game time PvPing.

Bioware could have handled valor in 40 different ways (even incorporating it into the legacy system), instead they chose to render it complete crap and a timesink until 1.2..

Nope, sorry, I and every other BM player who feels the same will probably just stop logging in until 1.2

good. please do.;)

What is this valor grind of which you speak?

All of my characters are valor capped... But that's because I actually pvp exclusively on them, do class quests as available then go back to pvp till the next is available and craft/buy all my gear since the junk you get from quests is horrible for pvp.

PvEers pretending to be PvPers never ceases to amuse, frustrate and destroy every game ever made.

Pretty much, PvE'rs get the royal treatment.

I would like to be able to solo grind Rakata gear as well... Nevermind - leaving this boring game in less than 2 weeks.

And BTW - people play PvP for gear and not for fun because PvP itself isn't fun here after a week or two.

****, if you play something that isn't FUN then you are doing it wrong. Play=Fun, Work=Not fun. You need to start using your faculties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game is 3 months live and launched with such a massively flawed PVP system that anyone who has regrets about it changing really needs to take a hard look at themselves.

While PVP certainly stands for player vs player, IMHO, SWTOR PVP was more akin to ************ than what I want out of a PVP experience. I feel sorry for people who did the extraordinary limiting WZ grind and exploited game flaws to get valour. With any luck this game will continue to evolve and become worthy of the term PVP. In Eve Online we use the byline "adapt or die"; certainly as pertinent here.

Right now the best thing about PVP in this game is the forums !

Pretty much, PvE'rs get the royal treatment.

that's because pve is the main thrust of this mmo. if you didn't know that going into the game, shame on you for not bothering to read anything about it.:rolleyes:

i see people complain about casuals and pve'ers all the time, but you know what? it's those peoples subs that keep the mmo going. stop acting all suprised when devs cater to them.

that's because pve is the main thrust of this mmo. if you didn't know that going into the game, shame on you for not bothering to read anything about it.:rolleyes:

i see people complain about casuals and pve'ers all the time, but you know what? it's those peoples subs that keep the mmo going. stop acting all suprised when devs cater to them.

ya see i dont really care for who they cater lol.Cause i for one dont care about them.

I will just keep running in circles in ranked lol.

movie watching pvp FTW , no reason to win? Then winning is not we should be doing.

Why is this troubling?

Because you won't be rolfpawning people and EVERYONE will have the opportunity to the WAR Hero gear and people's talent will shine more than their gear.

This is a great way to effectively cancel out the valor farming that occurred and was never fixed.

I PVP for fun. The stuff that comes with it is icing on the cake.

Who knows what the Hero gear will look like or stat like and there is talk of being able to fit orange gear with pvp stuff.

PVP because it is fun. Grinding sounds like work.

Can you please just leave pvp threads? You're obviously either a casual player or PvE lad who is bored. Beat it

It Doesn't matter whether PvE or PvP is the main thrust of the game if the game has both of them it's not an excuse for one (or both) of them to be poorly designed. You don't half-*** something and throw it in, you're shooting yourself in the foot putting out a shoddy product.

I levelled my shadow late on (after the Ilum valor fiasco), I solo pugged warzone after warzone against BM geared Imp premades. I am definitely not a great PvP'er but I'd say I'm pretty good, normally finish top 2 in damage, KB's and protection while still doing the objectives, in Centurion/champ gear I could beat BM/War Hero rank players.

I'm valor rank 67 now and I'm missing only two pieces of BM gear, to me it does feel like a slap in the face, considering the effort I put into raising my game so I could compete.

One thing that is bothering me a bit also, is that play my socks off in warzones, yet I still only get the same rewards at the end as someone who did very little, there should be a mechanism to reward those players that excel above the others.

Yea there should be.

It's basically a slap in the face for your time investment. I probably won't be on much PvPing till 1.2 now since the War Hero gear grind cannot start until then, I have nothing to do with BM gear and useless valor.

No point in even playing until 1.2 now. And yes everything put in before hand is sqaut.

You know what, I am sick and tired of hearing this crap. I was BM pre 1.1! These changes pretty much made that grind a waist. period. I wasted time and I don't like paying a company to waist my time.

You know what, how would you feel if they allowed people who buy the game from this day forward, to just create level 50s. No grind, just log in and make as many 50s as they want...How would that make people feel that grinded out 50s? It would make them feel like they waisted time. Who likes to waist time?

apparently, you wasted your time in primary school, too...

I'm a rank 75 valor Sith Sorc Healer.

And I endorse this change because it encourages more people to PvP. I hated the grind in the first place, and now people are able to get gear to **** when it comes to "OMG its BM I lose I wont try" mentality.

I'll still beat them anyway, wont make too much of a difference or unless I'm with a retarded group lol.

Lol.

This has nothing to do with valor or the changes.

This is the expansion/patch mentality.

"OMG, higher tier next patch? increased level cap next expansion? new rated warzones?"

EVERYONE STOP PLAYING YOU'RE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME! ALL YOUR GEARZ WILL BE OUTDATED NEXT PATCH/EXPANSION.

Only people who care SO MUCH about their gear will have this mentality. People who play to play with friends or to have fun won't even care.

I'm a rank 75 valor Sith Sorc Healer.

And I endorse this change because it encourages more people to PvP. I hated the grind in the first place, and now people are able to get gear to **** when it comes to "OMG its BM I lose I wont try" mentality.

I'll still beat them anyway, wont make too much of a difference or unless I'm with a retarded group lol.

Its not hard to get gear to compete. Centurion is not the greatest gear yes but the way they have changed things now you can get it faster. The problem is people don't realize how easy it is to get your centurion to put you at decent level. Then on to champ. It doesnt rake long witht he way they have changed things already. 1.1.5 should be the way it stays.

If anything just make the centurion gear purchasable so people can get the expertise they need up then go on to champ and bm and war hero gear. problem solved. Its only the expertise stat that hurts those that dont do hms. Once you hit 10% you can slot in your pve stuff. Its really simple just make cent buyable at vendor

not anymore. tee-hee.

it's still there

you progress in color!

You go from the blue ranger, which no one cares about, and progress to black, red, and then white, the "cool" one!

why do i have so much knowledge in power rangers?

it's still there

you progress in color!

You go from the blue ranger, which no one cares about, and progress to black, red, and then white, the "cool" one!

why do i have so much knowledge in power rangers?

because you shifted into turbo!

I guess this is the entitlement generation, and any amount of grinding or meaningful time investment is UNACCEPTABLE. MMo's used to be about building on your investments, showcasing what you've done over the years. Some of us are oldschool MMO'ers that are not into the welfare state of modern day gear giving and forgetting the founders of the game.

When you market a game as meaningful and every choice you make is important, like with Valor, and than tell us it's a useless and temp system that earns you almost NOTHING, it's a slap in the face.

If you were truly old school, you wouldn't think gear meant a thing in an MMO. True "old school" MMOs had gear break down over time, get looted by passing monsters from your corpse, other players, etc. If you are talking about anything from everquest 1 to current, you aren't talking about old school. Old school MUDs and the like meant you had that tweaked eye of vecna for maybe a month before its stats degraded. It meant your bags of reagents were looted by that damn lich and you are walking around going OOooOOooOOO to someone hoping they have enough spirit speak to tell you where that lich lord wandered off to. It meant buying a new set of platemail every few days because you took a wrong turn and ended up in CPK territry where after you got killed, the people that killed you looted your gear in front of your ghost.

You, my friend, are new school, where gear is the progression. That is not old school, and its a sad state that this is the accepted formula now. Because it used to be a lot more fun.

True "old school" MMOs had gear break down over time, get looted by passing monsters from your corpse, other players, etc.

That dragon ate my corpse and I'm now naked to fight it *cry*

Edited by ombraa