Patch 1.2...I'm excited!

JediElf

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda feels like I'm the only one, that is. :jawa_frown:

Anyone else get a big smile on their face when they saw the vid? Is anyone else excited for all the changes, and all the new customizations?

Is it just me?

What new customizations because I didnt really see anything new. Just existing stuff which will be allowed under certain circumstances and be mostly useless fluff.

Legacy system= Now you can be a Chiss Bounty Hunter and level him up through all the same content only you can use Force lightning once every 20 minutes! :eek: wow so cool! :rak_eek:

Yeah I'm so excited over a patch used to pump up population levels before the next earnings report, oh yeah....

The game needs help now and certainly many of these changes can be released prior to the 1.2 god release, but yeah they have to trick the investors into thinking the game is fine.

So much negativity...it's kinda sad really.

Come on, some of you must at least like the game a little? So far it seems like...well..about four of us like the patch.

I'm one sad little Jawa now...why do people play a game that they don't like? I thought folks would be happy about patch 1.2.

What new customizations because I didnt really see anything new. Just existing stuff which will be allowed under certain circumstances and be mostly useless fluff.

Legacy system= Now you can be a Chiss Bounty Hunter and level him up through all the same content only you can use Force lightning once every 20 minutes! :eek: wow so cool! :rak_eek:

Completely agree. I need real changes.

Where is the innovation bioware claimed they produced when making this game?

The legacy system so far is just a manifestation of standard amenities almost all MMO's have.

Packaging a turd in nice shiny wrapping paper doesn't change the fact it's a turd.

I see a Chiss BH every day, so I know I'm nitpicking but that's not one of the new options that will be available soon. I mean, I get that race means nothing to some people but on the other hand that's one of the things that keeps some people playing this genre (MMO's have some of the most diverse player bases around).

I'm looking forward to these Legacy implementations and don't even really care about the new flashpoint and such, so yeah, I'll probably be seen as lame for liking a video game for what others see as trivial fluff but that's unavoidable no matter what game or form of entertainment we're talking about these days.

Also I'd like to add to my post...

'[Panel Discussion] Roleplaying (4:30PM CST)"

Thank you Bioware, for giving RP guilds and Roleplay in general it's own panel, and a long overdue voice in an MMO.

Thank you.

Back to the patch....

Look I've been playing MMOs for a really long time, I just try hard not let all that time jade me to the overall experience.

There is just something about SW:TOR that makes me feel a sense of awe, and excitement, yes it's not a sandbox, or a very open world, but it's the story, and the Star Wars, that make me just love this game to bits.

I hope 1.2 isn't too far away. ^_^

Edited by JediElf

SWToR has already failed considering the majority of the stuff in 1.2 should have been in the game at launch. I love how James Ohlen is saying that 1.2 is going to be the biggest patch in any MMO yet it looks to still fail so hard.

- Legacy system is basically useless for endgame. Who cares about a few extra races when races don't mean anything anyway (no racial skills/perks/benefits)? Legacy abilities only usable in PvE while leveling so this is pointless. Mailbox in ship saves me about a minute of time. Target dummy in ship to test my DPS without a combat log is pointless as well. I guess I can look closely at the numbers and keep writing them down on a piece of paper/put in an Excel spreadsheet?

- Rated Warzones are going to be limited to two separate four man groups thus not allowing 8 man Operations (full guild/friends premade) to queue. This was the big nail in the coffin for me.

- New Warzone will become stale in a couple days, especially if you already have Battlemaster gear.

- New Operation will most likely too easy. It wouldn't surprise me if guilds started on Nightmare right away and cleared it in one night.

- New Flashpoint is useless. Why run Flashpoints anymore when once you get in a raiding guild, you get all the gear/Biometric Alloy you need?

Edited by copasetic

I'm sorry if my joy offends some folks, I really am, you guys have right to be disappointed....but I want to have the right to be happy as well.

Why am I not aloud to like this game? Can someone explain?

Please? I'm a very sad Jawa right now. :jawa_frown:

SWToR has already failed considering the majority of the stuff in 1.2 should have been in the game at launch. I love how James Ohlen is saying that 1.2 is going to be the biggest patch in any MMO yet it looks to still fail so hard.

- Legacy system is basically useless for endgame. Who cares about a few extra races when races don't mean anything anyway (no racial skills/perks/benefits)? Legacy abilities only usable in PvE while leveling so this is pointless. Mailbox in ship saves me about a minute of time. Target dummy in ship to test my DPS without a combat log is pointless as well. I guess I can look closely at the numbers and keep writing them down on a piece of paper/put in an Excel spreadsheet?

- Rated Warzones are going to be limited to two separate four man groups thus not allowing 8 man Operations (full guild/friends premade) to queue. This was the big nail in the coffin for me.

- New Warzone will become stale in a couple days, especially if you already have Battlemaster gear.

- New Operation will most likely too easy. It wouldn't surprise me if guilds started on Nightmare right away and cleared it in one night.

- New Flashpoint is useless. Why run Flashpoints anymore when once you get in a raiding guild, you get all the gear/Biometric Alloy you need?

Well you seem like you have played the update already. Seriously shut up until it goes live.

I'm sorry if my joy offends some folks, I really am, you guys have right to be disappointed....but I want to have the right to be happy as well.

Nobody ever said you weren't allowed to like this game. Stop grasping at straws.

What amazes me is how so many posters can't seem to understand why so many long time players back from the beta would be disapointed with this outcome of the legacy system.

No please don't get the idea that you can't post positie stuff. It's just that the people that enjoy the game are playing instead of hating on the game like the fanboys and haters here. No matter what you post, this game, and you will always get trolled.

It's a pretty amazing major patch that's for sure. They're answering a lot of the issues people have with the game. I'm curious about the omission of combat logs, dps meters, and dual specs in the trailer, though. I thought those were 1.2 features. A few of the most requested features at that.

Don't allow others opinions to dampen your enthusiasm and enjoyment of the game. No reason to be sad or anything. If you like it, play it.

There are games that I have played in the past that others would have frowned on, but as long as I am enjoying it, it doesn't matter.

It's a pretty amazing major patch that's for sure. They're answering a lot of the issues people have with the game. I'm curious about the omission of combat logs, dps meters, and dual specs in the trailer, though. I thought those were 1.2 features. A few of the most requested features at that.

What issues are they really answering?

Horrible legacy system

TERRIBLE implementation of gear mod removal (can only remove mods off the NEW tier 2 gear) just plain terrible, no word to describe the laziness here

Still have not mentions dual spec

Another WZ?

No details on class balance other than re-working classes

No info on spaceship expansion

No info on existing bugs for current content

new operation with new tier gear renders old operations useless, we go from 2 to 1. Especially if I can't remove armoring mods from rakata gear I don't want it.

1 new WZ?

So not sure how this will change all the game's problems...

No engine enhancements

no server mergers

no cross server queues

no server xfers

no high res textures

no guild ships

no changes to the game world (horrible travel system on planets, single player feel to worlds)

no fixes for Ilum (abandoning it instead)

Really, this patch will not add much to the game and introduce a ton more issues.

What issues are they really answering?

Horrible legacy system

TERRIBLE implementation of gear mod removal (can only remove mods off the NEW tier 2 gear) just plain terrible, no word to describe the laziness here

Still have not mentions dual spec

Another WZ?

No details on class balance other than re-working classes

No info on spaceship expansion

No info on existing bugs for current content

new operation with new tier gear renders old operations useless, we go from 2 to 1. Especially if I can't remove armoring mods from rakata gear I don't want it.

1 new WZ?

So not sure how this will change all the game's problems...

No engine enhancements

no server mergers

no cross server queues

no server xfers

no high res textures

no guild ships

no changes to the game world (horrible travel system on planets, single player feel to worlds)

no fixes for Ilum (abandoning it instead)

Really, this patch will not add much to the game and introduce a ton more issues.

***? Do you even read the Q&A????

They mentioned and adressed almost all of those things.

Edited by reaperkeepet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.