post your servers fleet population on prime time dead game

FriscoFrez

I'm pretty sure this game is daying fast, well here we go. this is just some fact so we can share to see wich server has most ppl at prime time.

Artho City EU

time is 20:40 Sunday

date 03-04

population Rep fleet: 65

Edited by FriscoFrez

I'm pretty sure this game is daying fast,

Two points for you to consider (actually objectively consider):

1) People spend less time in Fleet then they used to, because they have established a daily routine of play rather then standing around fingering their navels for hours in Fleet. It's not an accurate metric for a servers activity, nor is counting 50s. SO, you need to take 10 minutes and do a filtered population search (filtered by level, and add up the totals) of your server on both factions to get an accurate population count.

2) Primetime server loads in NA show an upward trend in populations. The number of LIGHT servers at prime time is declining and the number of servers above STANDARD is increasing.

Of course your particular server might indeed have population problems but with more then 120 servers in NA, your one server does not equal a "game population trend", it only represents a population trend for your server.

Edited by Andryah

I'm pretty sure this game is daying fast, well here we go. this is just some fact so we can share to see wich server has most ppl at prime time.

Artho City EU

date 03-04

Fleet population is a terrible way to measure overall population. Social areas always have a significant drop a few months after launch. People have made friends, joined guilds, found regular groups. In short, they're out playing the game. They don't need the fleet like they used to.

That said, I have no doubt some server populations are dropping (particularly the light servers people were joining at launch to avoid the queues). But a /who check in fleet isn't going to give you any reliable info about the population.

well like in most mmos the capital city in this case the fleet is a place were you will find most ppl, so to take the temp on this place is a good way to see how much activity there is in a server.

were els can you find more player than the rep /imp fleet?!

Edited by FriscoFrez

Considering there is no Auto play the game for you (IE LFG), there is no reason to city in the Fleet unless you actually have reason to.

I think you are talking about wow, and since they implemented LFG/LFR all people do is sit in the main city, and auto-que.

This game brings back the RPG of MMORPG with a big part of RPG's being exploration. People are out and about in the game, not sitting in the fleet...

Definitely not an accurate way to see whats happening.

Alot of what I've seen in this game, is people log in, into the fleet, and then leave for what they need to do. Whether its dailies, go get these datacrons, help guildmates out with whatever, run flashpoints, go PVP, or whatever....The fleet population on my server flucuates very quickly...like 10 15 people every few seconds....during peak hours.

Considering there is no Auto play the game for you (IE LFG), there is no reason to city in the Fleet unless you actually have reason to.

I think you are talking about wow, and since they implemented LFG/LFR all people do is sit in the main city, and auto-que.

This game brings back the RPG of MMORPG with a big part of RPG's being exploration. People are out and about in the game, not sitting in the fleet...

Alot of what I've seen in this game, is people log in, into the fleet, and then leave for what they need to do. Whether its dailies, go get these datacrons, help guildmates out with whatever, run flashpoints, go PVP, or whatever....The fleet population on my server flucuates very quickly...like 10 15 people every few seconds....during peak hours.

becouse of the lack of dungen finders in swtor ppl have to go to the rep/imp fleet to find group, so ppl spam LFG/LF tank/ LF dps ect. in my opinion is the best way to see how active a server is, couse were els would you guys stand if u are looking for party members?1

For what it's worth, I've been collecting data for my own server (Sanctum of the Exalted) and here's the breakdown:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodDlvU05lQ3o2S3ZrYU9SYjRwM29OSnc#gid=0

If you'd like for me to record data for your own servers, feel free to enter it here:

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=433241&TabID=3813820

The data will be freely available.

Paige

For what it's worth, I've been collecting data for my own server (Sanctum of the Exalted) and here's the breakdown:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodDlvU05lQ3o2S3ZrYU9SYjRwM29OSnc#gid=0

If you'd like for me to record data for your own servers, feel free to enter it here:

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=433241&TabID=3813820

The data will be freely available.

Paige

Im doing the exact same with my server Uthar Wynn EU - Same format although I have included the full amount @ 50 (Whether its /who 50 or /who (class) individually). Its nice to see though, keep up the good work! Ill post mine when I've collected some more solid data.

264 people on fleet 10 mins ago. Nothing wrong with population. Infact its getting bigger all the time.

That's because the game isn't growing, it's people having to reroll from low pop servers to the few high ones.

Artho City EU

date 03-04

Why does it matter to you? You own stock? If you don't enjoy the game just quit. Easy.

Darth Sion : 5:21pm EST showing a "standard" population, note that this is a west coast server and is one of the top in server imbalances at about 2:1

Imperial side:

1-10 : 58

10-15 : 81

16-20 : 68

21-25 : 64

26-30 : 72

31-35 : 61

36-40 : 81

41-49 : 81

50 : 100+

Fleet: 83

Republic:

1-10 : 47

11-20 : 85

21-30 : 79

31-40 : 64

41-49 : 59

50 : 58

Fleet: 49

People on the fleet is a poor measure for a servers population.

Edited by BlackZoback

becouse of the lack of dungen finders in swtor ppl have to go to the rep/imp fleet to find group, so ppl spam LFG/LF tank/ LF dps ect. in my opinion is the best way to see how active a server is, couse were els would you guys stand if u are looking for party members?1

Guild chat from what ever planet i happen to be on.

Darth Sion : 5:21pm EST showing a "standard" population, note that this is a west coast server and is one of the top in server imbalances at about 2:1

Imperial side:

1-10 : 58

10-15 : 81

16-20 : 68

21-25 : 64

26-30 : 72

31-35 : 61

36-40 : 81

41-49 : 81

50 : 100+

Fleet: 83

Republic:

1-10 : 47

11-20 : 85

21-30 : 79

31-40 : 64

41-49 : 59

50 : 58

Fleet: 49

People on the fleet is a poor measure for a servers population.

Well presented. I felt the same way when people flipped **** about there only being X amount of people on their fleet

Artho City EU

date 03-04

That's pretty good man!

Why are you complaining??

Krayiss Obelisk

03/04/2012

07:38pm

24 Imperials on Fleet

http://bigpichost.com/files/pop_gye5j_ho8z37tw.jpg

Although the status page says "Standard".

Everyone must be running Ops and Hard Modes.

Edited by Kourage

well like in most mmos the capital city in this case the fleet is a place were you will find most ppl, so to take the temp on this place is a good way to see how much activity there is in a server.

were els can you find more player than the rep /imp fleet?!

By polling the entire server. World of Warcraft is not most MMOs, and because of changes Blizzard made, players congregated in the one one city for their faction because they could do pretty much everything from there and never leave the city.

Dark Reaper

7:30pm EST

169 players on Imperial Fleet

2 weeks ago the fleet never dropped below 200 and was always close to 300 during prime time.

This game is dying a slow death.

ROFL you have it made man. Nobody on a server with over 100 on fleet should be whining about pops. :rolleyes:

Hi

You are extremely wrong. It is in fact stated by the devs several times, last time in the March 2nd Q&A somewhere in one of the answers (look and read for yourself one of the stickies), that they inent the fleets to be central hubs for the games players and want people to gather on them. Therefore, it stands to reason, that although inaccurate, it is as someone above put it a good analogy of sticking a thermometer where the sun dont shine and taking the temp.

That aside, a certain percentage drop off after launch is expected, not sure what is or is not normal. I play on WIF, republic side, fleet pop after launch at peak times was 110-140 people, low times was around 30 people. Now, fleet pop at peaks is 60-90 people, low times 9-15 people.

Artho City EU

date 03-04

infinity empire

22:00 Sunday GMT+8

Emp fleet: 20

Perhaps your not aware of why people use fleet for numbers....

IT IS THE MAIN HUB FOR EVERYTHING.

There is no reason to be anywhere else unless your leveling.

If your doing warzones your in fleet unless out questing in between ques which isn't very good becuase you get nothing done questing.

Crafting hubs are all there.

The main PVE vendors are there

GTN

Speeder shop, space ship upgrades

Everything is in fleet....

Guess what else is in fleet? The main LFG for flashpoints, do you know why? Because the flashpoints are *gasp* IN FLEET pretty much all in the same spot lolol.

The whole wow crap you put there was ignorant. People only stay in the main city becuase they can insta que is no different then everyone staying in fleet to spam chat for the same damn thing. Theres no reason to go elsewhere in this game unless you are still leveling or doing your ilum dailies..... speaking of which wont be needed after this coming patch because you can warzone them. Which means more will be in fleet.... not many people go to ilum to pvp for fun... they go because they have to.

Really now pull your head out of the sand.

infinity empire

22:00 Sunday GMT+8

Emp fleet: 20

Infinity empire: 8:04pm EST showing a "standard" population

Imperial side:

1-10 : 56

10-15 : 90

16-20 : 75

21-25 : 58

26-30 : 58

31-35 : 68

36-40 : 48