Why are Republic so bad at PvP?

illgot

I am not trying to troll, but on my server I have 2 level 50s on the Empire side.

I had a few republics I used for buying things on their broker, but I never played PvP as a Republic.

Then I tried queued up... WOW, they are just bad. I thought that the Empire players were good, but that is not the case. The Republic kept repeating the same mistakes every game. It was the same people over and over losing the game for the whole team.

Things I kept seeing most of the players doing:

- charge in solo at a location against 2-3 opponents.

- split the forces trying to take 2 turrets at once even if you already have one

- leaving no guards at a node

- leaving just one guard to get zerged so fast they can't call for help

- not using simple tactics to confuse your enemies

Is it like this on most servers? There has to be one server with a smart group of Republic players.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it like this on most servers? There has to be one server with a smart group of Republic players.

Well if you feel this way and feel there is no quality PvPers on the republic side; Reroll a Republic Character and compete against Imperials. But I bet you'll find the same problem when you end up playing them.

I am not trying to troll, but on my server I have 2 level 50s on the Empire side.

I had a few republics I used for buying things on their broker, but I never played PvP as a Republic.

Then I tried queued up... WOW, they are just bad. I thought that the Empire players were good, but that is not the case. The Republic kept repeating the same mistakes every game. It was the same people over and over losing the game for the whole team.

Things I kept seeing most of the players doing:

1- charge in solo at a location against 2-3 opponents.

2- split the forces trying to take 2 turrets at once even if you already have one

3- leaving no guards at a node

4- leaving just one guard to get zerged so fast they can't call for help

5- not using simple tactics to confuse your enemies

1. I charge in solo many times. Many times I win against 2+. many time I keep them occupied long enough that the other 7 people on my team can do SOMETHING against the 4-6 pubes they are against.

2. 3 cap or go home. Strong defense is a strong offense.

3. Maybe YOU should stay and guard sometimes?

4. I've only seen a couple times where stealthies actually zerged a tower. There almost always is time to call for help.

5. really vague of you. Are you asking your team mates to perform magic tricks for the imps to buy you time to cap a turret?

ok, so, the reason tht the republic is so "bad" a pvp is because of the imbalance. The imps have WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more people than the reps, thus, on ilum, they easily get the dailies done and, when a rep ops group is made, quickly get the valor to get to rank 60... plus, the reps take forever to get dailies done. Anyhow, since the imps get their dailies done quickly w/rank 60 valor, they all quickly get battlemaster gear, while the reps are still strugglin just to get the dailies don so they can get centurian gear. because all of the imps have battlemaster gear now they easily kick butt in wzs making it even easier to get battlemaster gear due to the wz dailies. In conclusion, this makes it practically impossible for reps to get dailies & battlemaster/champion/centurian gear, which makes them "bad" at pvp

does tht answer ur question?

adding on to my last post... because the imps have such good gear compared to the reps, it makes them seem better, in alderaan specfically it just seems that the reps are way to desperat to get the win, making them really unorganized... plus, most people like to just go do their own thing instead of following a carfully thought out plan. Furthermore, its harder for the reps to kill the gear cause of the gear difference, which makes it easier for the imps to get back to the turrets faster if/when u kill them.

my repub is only level 18 so I don't know how it is in the 50s as a republic.

I always stay and guard and it usually hurts my medal count but I still leave with about 5-6 medals in most games.

We have people on the Empire side that do the same thing but for some reason most of the players work as a team if they notice that the Rambo tactics aren't working.

I just can't pinpoint why a lot of the Republics on my server refuse to listen to anyone when it comes to tactics.

I should admit, in the 50s bracket it is easy for the Empire players to do dailies, we usually own central. But again I've seen trades where it's 5 Republic and 15 Empire. The republic usually trade at their base so that means they get a bonus plus 15 kills per round vs the 5 for Empire. So valor wise the Republics that trade should be skyrocketing through the ranks.

Edited by illgot

1. I charge in solo many times. Many times I win against 2+. many time I keep them occupied long enough that the other 7 people on my team can do SOMETHING against the 4-6 pubes they are against.

Fair point, especially for tanks. If you can hang on long enough for team mates to arrive, even though you die you can hold a point.

2. 3 cap or go home. Strong defense is a strong offense.

This is bullsh*t. The goal is to win, and holding two works better than holding three. I've seen lots of alderaan warzones lost because people refused to be satisifed, took all three turrets, and then got picked apart because they were spread to thin. Play to win or go home, to paraphrase you.

3. Maybe YOU should stay and guard sometimes?

Maybe he should, but perhaps you shouldn't assume that he isn't simply because he is observing that no one else is. Also, some classes are much better suited to guard than others. Depending on what he's playing, guarding could be a fairly stupid move on his part, especially if he ends up in pugs with members that never guard and won't respond to messages in ops chat.

4. I've only seen a couple times where stealthies actually zerged a tower. There almost always is time to call for help.

I don't know what game you're playing. I see this all the time.

5. really vague of you. Are you asking your team mates to perform magic tricks for the imps to buy you time to cap a turret?

Again, fair point. This is a little vague, although I assume he's referring to baiting people into not fighting at control points so they can be ninjaed.

Edited by RobNightfall

Again, fair point. This is a little vague, although I assume he's referring to baiting people into not fighting at control points so they can be ninjaed.

#1 wasn't about holding onto a point. It was about assaulting a point held by the other team. Countless times I have zerged a point held by the other team while they had 1 or more people there. What happens is I blow my CD's, kill at least one (and many times more) and they suddenly panic. They call in their reinforcements. This means that even though I didn't actually cap the point, I occupied half their team for an extended period of time, and let my team mates cap another spot.

My server (ebon hand) republic does very well in PvP.

I get my daily win in really quick. No issues.

Too be honest, I see empire players that quit all the time if they are down 1-0 in huttball or only have 1 objective in civil war.

It was weird on my original server(Infinity Gate)...Repub owns during the day but the BM's get on at night on the Imp side.

Both factions have their bad players but Republic I've noticed has more of the casual gamers that really don't PVP often(thus the whole lack of strategy). Hell, I'm a casual gamer but never played MMOs..Coming from FPS it is all about tactics for me and I know what I'm doing.

Come to Anchorhead if you want to face "good" Republic. Regardless this generalization is beyond ridiculous. It's not only server specific but also time of the day specific and comp specific.

I am not trying to troll ...

Yet you are.

The only time that happens is when you are on a server where Rep is vastly outnumbered. Instead of easy mode'ing it perhaps roll on rep side to buff their numbers instead of benefiting from face rolls which inflate Empire ego's.

The server I am on has a very strong Rep side. I still believe they are slightly less in numbers overall but their level 50's fleshed out faster and were beasts in pvp for the first 2 months and still possibly hold the edge in organization (I play both sides there).

What needs to happen is for epeen players to stop saying they are the uber and the other side sucks when talking 2 or 3-1 ratios. Players with balls head over to the other side when it is apparent they outnumber their enemy badly. This was evident on most servers even in pre-release.

What's the matter? Scared homie?

Edited by Tamanous

On Deadweight, republic PvPers smoke imperial PvPers in anything approaching equal numbers. When the imperials come down with a 2:1 ratio, we queue up and leave.

The impression I got from my server was that Imperials ENJOY speeding around in circles to collect crates.

Roll on Tassaa Bareesh. At lvl 10-49 we were kicking Reps *** all the time. But at lvl 50 we are kicked all the time.

Imps favor DPS since they are cool (lightning, rockets and ****) while Reps learned that Healers in PVP are VERY MUCH OP.

So Imps have 0-1 healers and Reps have 3-5 and if they do - they wipe floor with us :p

It's always like that. In match with no healers at all we usually win since Imp side have loot of people focusing on PVP. But that just useless if enemy have 3-5 healers standing in groups healing each other with tank/DPS assist.

If you think that Reps are useless wait until they learn that Trooper healers are OP and they start rolling them. On my server at lvl 50 you mostly see:

~ Troopers spamming Gravity Gun

~ Trooper healers healing them and themselves

~ Sometimes some Consular healer

~ From time to time some maruder/guardian but not often.

Better put info for your Imps on server that they should start doing healers or you will have problem soon :p

Still - once we start loosing more I actually enjoy Warzones. Before it was just - stand and kill... stand and kill... stand and kill... and now we must use some tactics, move a loot around battlefield and try new things.

But we still have no idea how to put down 4 Trooper healers that stand next to each other in less than 45s before one who will end up dead respawn.

Only counter right now is to have 3-4 healers that do the same :p

Healing in this game is designed strictly for PVE and it should be changed a little in PVP.

Edited by DariuszPol

Isn't there any European server where the republics do ok in pvp at lvl 50? I'm scouting around for when server transfers arrive.

On my server Ludo Kresh, we can't get a full team on the republic side anymore at lvl 50.

lvl 10-49 it's fairly even, but this weekend I couldn't get a WZ to pop with more than 5 players. At lvl 50, it's imperial hutball or nothing atm.

It is a PvE server though, but it was the only non-locked server when I created my char during early access.

I wish there was a way to check the population on both sides on a server before you join. Some simple statistics. Like how many of each AC on each side at lvl 50. Average queue times for different intervals during the day.

Then you would know what is needed, and wouldn't end up in these twisted 5v8 scenarios 2 months after release.

On our server my pug pub buddies were awesome 1-49, team work ownage tactics skill and some really slick plays if you will. @50 everyone knows everything, no one works together, the only strategy is shut up noob and zerg center on Alderan, Dood Hutball is for 1v1's, and everyone leave after one door is breached on Voidstar... heh...

Possibly Imps re-rolling pubs? /shrug

But ya, pubs are horrible and I do my best but at 259 expertise gaining like 40 commendations and 400 valor a losing match... gonna take a while before I can really make much more of a difference or be taken seriously by ma team.

Edited by VoidJustice

ok, so, the reason tht the republic is so "bad" a pvp is because of the imbalance. The imps have WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more people than the reps, thus, on ilum, they easily get the dailies done and, when a rep ops group is made, quickly get the valor to get to rank 60... plus, the reps take forever to get dailies done. Anyhow, since the imps get their dailies done quickly w/rank 60 valor, they all quickly get battlemaster gear, while the reps are still strugglin just to get the dailies don so they can get centurian gear. because all of the imps have battlemaster gear now they easily kick butt in wzs making it even easier to get battlemaster gear due to the wz dailies. In conclusion, this makes it practically impossible for reps to get dailies & battlemaster/champion/centurian gear, which makes them "bad" at pvp

does tht answer ur question?

That is a very interesting theory. How does it work for servers where repubs outnumber imps, but still suck at PvP?

Empire just attracted the better pvp crowd.

On my server, empire pugs beat republic premades like a rug out for spring cleaning.

Has nothing to do with faction inbalance and everything to do with the quality of player.

Edited by GeoLager

This is actually true. There are way too many imps then reps. From my pvp experience from 10-49, most reps who are pvping are low lvled. Around 30 and under. Reps who use chat to communicate, usually are decent at pvp, but a lot of the time spend way to much time raging at the rest of the team then actually making a difference.

Pre-made teams seem to develop way more on the imp side, where as the rep side see's mostly pugs. There's nothing you could really do to solve this, besides getting a few buddies online and faceroll imps with tactics over vent.

I play on the rep side because I know im always going to be challenged, there's always going to be people who wanna kill me, so I gotta prove them wrong, and you get a great feeling after you win even though you are always hopelessly outnumbered.