Pub VS Imp dispartiy in gear

Talizzar

im a rep player on a sever where ilum is imp controled 90+ % of prime time and even

ive gotten 30,000+ valor from ilum in just 5 hours a couple of weeks back.

if i managed 1000 valor per wz at 4 wzs an hour that would take 7+ hours to equal.

if i can do that much valor on a rare occasion when the reps arent outnumbeered, i shudder to think what the imps are getting with them controlling ilum 90% of prime time.

well, lets put it this way.

the average imp on my server has YET to get 30k valor from ilum so far, excluding kill traders.

out of the 40 hours or so ive spent in ilum, ive gotten...maybe 14k valor.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what you need to realize is that being outnumbered means you always have plenty of people waiting for you to kill them.

When you are the outnumbering side, you basically spend hours riding around in a circle hoping an armament will spawn nearby and one of the other 20 people don't get to it first.

I don't imagine you could have gotten 30k valor in 5 hours if you only saw 6-7 people to kill the entire time.

Please explain to me how 6 or 7 people are wiping 20? Are you that bad? I don't think so.

Plenty of people to kill if you can peel them off and you play a pvp 1 v 1 class.

I am sorry how much valor does a crate give again? Why does this get brought up? The crates are there to allow the imps and easy way to finish their dailies and weeklies without actually having to pvp.

because the repubs will never fight when they are outnumbered because they dont have to.

if repubs are the smaller faction, that means that the imps contorl ilum 99% of the time. meaning that there are ALWAYS 10-15 imps in the center camping armaments whereas 90% of the time there isnt a single pub.

then the republic forms a raid in their fleet, goes into ilum, caps all 5 bases and gets their 30 kills before the empire can even respond.

the smaller faction will have the advantage in ilum because it is not instanced. the republic can strike at any time of the day and get their daily done.

lets put it this way. i hit 50 in mid jan. if im not in a WZ, im in ilum

do you know how many weekly ilum quests i have completed? one. and most of that was from armaments.

in terms of big scale battles, there have been 5 that ive been involved in so far. 3 of those the republic blitz the center and outnumbered us 2 to 1, and the moment the odds were 1 to 1 the republic ran (because it was no longer in their interest to fight). 1 of those battles both sides were even, and both sides got the same amount of valor pretty much since when one side conquered the middle, the other side would cap 4 bases and then strike the center.

the last battle the imps outnumbered the repub, and they left right away. i got...5 kills for 45 minutes of work...woooo.

here is the thing though, the republic doesnt have to fight if they dont want to. the empire, on the other hand, HAS to fight even if they are outnumbered 2 to 1

why? because being outnumbered 2 to 1 is STILL preferable to farming armaments (and faster too)

i thought we were talking about valor, not getting the dailys done.

if the reps are just getting 30 kills and leaving they arent getting any real valor either.

i agree that being outnumbered makes daily eaiser, but thats not what i was talking about.

Please explain to me how 6 or 7 people are wiping 20? Are you that bad? I don't think so.

Plenty of people to kill if you can peel them off and you play a pvp 1 v 1 class.

I am sorry how much valor does a crate give again? Why does this get brought up? The crates are there to allow the imps and easy way to finish their dailies and weeklies without actually having to pvp.

....okay you clearly have no idea about anything in this game

either that or you are trolling.

those crates have a 2-3 minute spawn timer, and when there are 15 people camping the center who need 30 of them....

do the math. it is nearly impossible for imps to do the ilum daily and weekly on a regular basis.

well, lets put it this way.

the average imp on my server has YET to get 30k valor from ilum so far, excluding kill traders.

out of the 40 hours or so ive spent in ilum, ive gotten...maybe 14k valor.

Yep....valor coverup is in full swing here. You are either full of it or on a dead server. On Vulkar I know lots of Imps who did a combination of WZ's and ilum for hours and nearly gained a full level around57,58, 59.

If you people would stop curbstomping the pubs every chance you get and get in a prolonged battle you would be amazed at the fun that can be had and the rewards. If you got curbstomped a couple of times you would leave too. Just because you can does not mean you have to.

Anyone read the 1.1.5 patch notes that got updated on the 28th? Ilum will be dead, with the new valor increase in war zone medals and warzone kills counting to ilum quest. So pretty sure everyone will just be in war zones where it will always be even there for no worries on what your server's pop balance is. I mean now that I can buy battlemaster coms finally instead of opening bag after bag with nothing in it. I'll be in warzones 24/7 trying to get those commedations.

6-7 people might not kill 20 in a straight out battle, but they can certainly kill stragglers on the outskirts, or ambush the group and kill a few before they go down. Or they can form an ops and simply wipe the unorganized, bored group at mid a few times and go on their merry way (this is what the Reps do on my server).

I don't know what you're talking about valor from crates for; I mentioned it because that's what the outnumbering faction is generally doing. They are scattered all over the middle section looking for crates and not getting any valor.

When you go to Ilum as the outnumbered faction, you pretty much never have to wait around looking for a fight; there are always people to fight.

This is not the case when you are the outnumbering faction; there is no steady stream of people to kill in order to gain valor at the rate you're suggesting.

It's just a case of the grass looking greener on the other side, but it really isn't.

Well, what you need to realize is that being outnumbered means you always have plenty of people waiting for you to kill them.

When you are the outnumbering side, you basically spend hours riding around in a circle hoping an armament will spawn nearby and one of the other 20 people don't get to it first.

I don't imagine you could have gotten 30k valor in 5 hours if you only saw 6-7 people to kill the entire time.

i got 30k because the reps slightly outnumbered the imps that day. most days the imps way outnumber us and im sure as hell not getting 30k valor at 20 valor a kill, but the imps are still getting 200 for killing me.

Edited by Pat-Rat

i thought we were talking about valor, not getting the dailys done.

if the reps are just getting 30 kills and leaving they arent getting any real valor either.

i agree that being outnumbered makes daily eaiser, but thats not what i was talking about.

140 valor (im going to assume they only cap 3-4)

4200 valor

everyday

meanwhile the imps will get maybe 25% of that

the longer the outnumbered faction fights, the worst the situation will get for them as more and more imps pour in.

the thing is, it takes at LEAST 10 minutes to go from the imp fleet to the central assault in ilum. for the average player you are looking at 15-30 minutes depending on how long it takes to get the message out, what they are doing etc etc.

the republic rolls in, gets 4k+ valor in 20-30 minutes, get their daily done, and gets out. denying the imps equal valor/kills.

i got 30k because the reps slightly outnumbered the imps that day. most days the imps way outnumber us and im sure as hell not getting 30k valor at 20 valor a kill, but the imps are getting 200 for killing me.

But what I'm saying is that most days, how many Reps are there even IN Ilum at one time?

And w/ that low of a number of people to kill, do you honestly believe the Imps are raking in the valor at that rate?

In order for YOU to get that kind of valor, all you need to do is form a group and go. When the Imps on your server do that, they get there, and there's nobody for them to kill. So it's just riding around looking for crates and not getting valor.

Edited by Varicite

140 valor (im going to assume they only cap 3-4)

4200 valor

everyday

meanwhile the imps will get maybe 25% of that

the longer the outnumbered faction fights, the worst the situation will get for them as more and more imps pour in.

the thing is, it takes at LEAST 10 minutes to go from the imp fleet to the central assault in ilum. for the average player you are looking at 15-30 minutes depending on how long it takes to get the message out, what they are doing etc etc.

the republic rolls in, gets 4k+ valor in 20-30 minutes, get their daily done, and gets out. denying the imps equal valor/kills.

4200 valor a day is meaningless for both sides. im talking about real valor gains not peanuts.

6-7 people might not kill 20 in a straight out battle, but they can certainly kill stragglers on the outskirts, or ambush the group and kill a few before they go down. Or they can form an ops and simply wipe the unorganized, bored group at mid a few times and go on their merry way (this is what the Reps do on my server).

I don't know what you're talking about valor from crates for; I mentioned it because that's what the outnumbering faction is generally doing. They are scattered all over the middle section looking for crates and not getting any valor.

When you go to Ilum as the outnumbered faction, you pretty much never have to wait around looking for a fight; there are always people to fight.

This is not the case when you are the outnumbering faction; there is no steady stream of people to kill in order to gain valor at the rate you're suggesting.

It's just a case of the grass looking greener on the other side, but it really isn't.

I play both sides. I know what the grass looks like on both sides and your view is from one side. How long does it take for 20 people on speeders to to get the attackers? Not long. So they kill one or two and gain 40 valor. Imps kill all 6 and and get nearly 1200 valor. Do you understand now?

BW you created this mess I suggest you figure out a solution very quickly.

No they didn't. How do you expect them to force people into rolling Republic?

The gear disparity will be fine for ranked WZ, those who invested the most time will benefit from their time investment most. How is it unfair that some people invested more of their time then others? Oh right, it's not.

To reward people for choosing one side over the other, that's what would be unfair.

Edited by deltaminus

Yep....valor coverup is in full swing here. You are either full of it or on a dead server. On Vulkar I know lots of Imps who did a combination of WZ's and ilum for hours and nearly gained a full level around57,58, 59.

If you people would stop curbstomping the pubs every chance you get and get in a prolonged battle you would be amazed at the fun that can be had and the rewards. If you got curbstomped a couple of times you would leave too. Just because you can does not mean you have to.

nearly every single BM on the imp side of my server got to rank 60 by either kill trading, or getting 90+% of their valor via wzs

ilum is the biggest waste of time for imps. it is literally the most inefficient way to get gear and valor.

im sorry you are so delusional that you can not grasp this simple logic.

Edited by Ryotknife

nearly every single BM on the imp side of my server got to rank 60 by either kill trading, or getting 90+% of their valor via wzs

I play an Operative, got to BM almost exclusively via WZs. Why should a Republic player have to spend less time in WZ to get BM?

This is a moot point as Valor gains will soon be getting increased anyways. It's in the next patch.

/thread

Edited by deltaminus

4200 valor a day is meaningless for both sides. im talking about real valor gains not peanuts.

"real" valor gains only happen for kill traders then.

big battles simply do not happen because the repub will not stick around. and why should they? as the battle drags out they will be more and more imps rolling it, desperate for a chance to get the ilum daily/weekly done and get some valor.

im not calling republic cowardly or anything, they are simply doing what is in their best interest and proceeding with the most logical course of action.

i cant exactly blame them for that, if imps were outnumbered we would do it too.

but to to claim that imps have it great in ilum is laughable beyond belief. neither side truly has it "good" in pvp. imp get more valor via the ilum buff for WZs, repubs get more via ilumn.

Edited by Ryotknife

I play both sides. I know what the grass looks like on both sides and your view is from one side. How long does it take for 20 people on speeders to to get the attackers? Not long. So they kill one or two and gain 40 valor. Imps kill all 6 and and get nearly 1200 valor. Do you understand now?

Ilum is large and spread out enough for you to at least claim 2 objectives before you start killing people.

If you're only getting 40 valor per kill, that's really only your fault. You can take objectives by yourself.

Then again, if you're going to start out w/ a defeatist attitude, there's really not much point in even showing up.

And that's exactly the boat you're in, isn't it?

You can't tell me that there aren't 20-30 Reps running around your fleet who could show up and stomp the Imps at mid for their daily and be gone before reinforcements even arrive.

They just don't want to go because they have Eeyore attitudes like yours, and think it's not even worth putting up a fight.

ilum is the biggest waste of time for imps. it is literally the most inefficient way to get gear and valor.

im sorry you are so delusional that you can not grasp this simple logic.

I got all my valor in WZ's, outside of just doing the Ilum dailies. Most of those were completed through gathering armaments.

But what I'm saying is that most days, how many Reps are there even IN Ilum at one time?

And w/ that low of a number of people to kill, do you honestly believe the Imps are raking in the valor at that rate?

In order for YOU to get that kind of valor, all you need to do is form a group and go. When the Imps on your server do that, they get there, and there's nobody for them to kill. So it's just riding around looking for crates and not getting valor.

what time of day are you guys playing, because even on days the reps arent putting up an organized fight, theres at least 20 to 30 of us there on ilum during prime time.. of course were trapped in our base getting 20 a kill and the imps are getting 200.

and i can assure you, those 20 to 30 reps get killed over and over.

"real" valor gains only happen for kill traders then.

big battles simply do not happen because the repub will not stick around. and why should they? as the battle drags out they will be more and more imps rolling it, desperate for a chance to get the ilum daily/weekly done and get some valor.

well as i said, i was there 5 hours when i got my 30k on ilum. thats called sticking around in my book.

Ilum is large and spread out enough for you to at least claim 2 objectives before you start killing people.

If you're only getting 40 valor per kill, that's really only your fault. You can take objectives by yourself.

Then again, if you're going to start out w/ a defeatist attitude, there's really not much point in even showing up.

And that's exactly the boat you're in, isn't it?

You can't tell me that there aren't 20-30 Reps running around your fleet who could show up and stomp the Imps at mid for their daily and be gone before reinforcements even arrive.

They just don't want to go because they have Eeyore attitudes like yours, and think it's not even worth putting up a fight.

I tell you what. How about you take the time to roll up a pub and you can see for yourself.

To the guy that said that valor in WZ's are being increased, please explain how that has any effect on Ilum or catching up? The next move will be to introduce lvl 70 or 80 gear right. So how does the side that has a disadvantage catch up again?

what time of day are you guys playing, because even on days the reps arent putting up an organized fight, theres at least 20 to 30 of us there on ilum during prime time.. of course were trapped in our base getting 20 a kill and the imps are getting 200.

and i can assure you, those 20 to 30 reps get killed over and over.

If they're getting killed over and over, then they aren't giving the Imps valor at all.

But honestly, this hasn't happened on my server since I've been 50; I've never once seen the Reps camped at their base.

Then again, we also realize that we have to give the Reps a reason to fight if we want to have battles, and let them keep an objective or two to entice them out to mid.

I've noticed when Reps own the area, they don't like to let us have any objectives at all while they're there, though.