1.2 Will ruin progression raiding for this round of content.

Without allowing all guilds an opportunity to test 1.2, it gives an unfair advantage to those who are given an opportunity. They will have maybe 2 weeks or more to learn all the boss fights while those who aren't allowed in, will be behind.

Edit: My last statement removed as it is not really relevant due to them implementing character copies in the future. For 1.2, everything said is true.

Edited by EnoYls

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without allowing all guilds an opportunity to test 1.2, it gives an unfair advantage to those who are given an opportunity. They will have maybe 2 weeks or more to learn all the boss fights while those who aren't allowed in, will be behind.

If BioWare continues this strategy for all future content, the competitive raiding scene will be completely destroyed for this game.

They clearly stated that they do not have an easy way of copying characters to the PTS yet, and they will have this function in the future. At that point we will all be able to import and test.

You should be happy they are letting us test and report bugs in the first place.

Since when was raiding competitive in this game?

I'm pretty sure the competition is being server first. Obviously, a guild that can test the raid content before another guild that is not given the same opportunity is at a disadvantage to achieve the server first.

Can we talk about having a March release for the actual content, while 4 days into March they're still doing signups for some guilds that might get to test?

And you wonder why Soa needed 4 fixes and Rakata gear still has +51 aim on everything, and has been noted as something that WILL NOT BE FIXED?

Your game is untested, your beta testers were ****, and you're pulling an EA trademark by pushing an unfinished product into a market with high expectations.

We all know how this story ends. Get your **** together BW.

Why do I get sneaky feeling WOW players are the ones all up in arms about this....

WOW players play WOW.

Allowing everyone to copy to the PTS is something they should work towards but I think not testing the content or delaying until PTS copy is available would be fail. So this is fine for now.

Edited by Dystopic

I'm not a WoW player at all and I'm a bit upset by this. I had a lot of fun doing competitive progression in this game and look forward to continuing it. My guild was one of the first 15 guilds in the world to do 10/10 NM 16 man and we had a lot of fun racing some of the other guilds on that list. We applied to test 1.2, so either we get in and potentially have an unfair advantage over others that don't, or we don't get accepted and are put at a disadvantage.

I realize once everyone is allowed full character copies to the PTR, that this won't be an issue. I am just pointing out that for the 1.2 content, it is.

Edited by EnoYls

Can we talk about having a March release for the actual content, while 4 days into March they're still doing signups for some guilds that might get to test?

And you wonder why Soa needed 4 fixes and Rakata gear still has +51 aim on everything, and has been noted as something that WILL NOT BE FIXED?

Your game is untested, your beta testers were ****, and you're pulling an EA trademark by pushing an unfinished product into a market with high expectations.

Uh we had about 3 weeks to test the OPs and the last week it was in NM mode. Only 2 guilds got to Soa that I am aware of. Also we had to get the gear ourselves we were not afforded the opportunity to get fully geared 50s to test the content.

Please take your nerd rage elsewhere or learn what we could test and when.

Who cares? Seriously. This is coming from a hard / nightmare raider.

There is nothing at stake, except maybe pride (and why is this even at stake?).

It's a game, enjoy it. Don't be so concerned about what other people are doing.

Who cares? Seriously. This is coming from a hard / nightmare raider.

There is nothing at stake, except maybe pride (and why is this even at stake?).

It's a game, enjoy it. Don't be so concerned about what other people are doing.

I care. I had fun racing other guilds. I really like this game a lot and I'll have fun with it regardless.

Pride might be at stake. We've made a name for ourselves on our server and I do sorta like knowing that our guild is in the top 10 in the US.

If we get accepted and maintain or improve our ranking, it will feel somewhat hollow to me. If we don't get accepted and our ranking goes down, I'll feel somewhat cheated.

In the end, you are right it is a game and I enjoy, but competition just adds to it.

Agreed. 110%.

They should just make a requirement based on how far or how quickly guilds progressed and invite everyone who meets that requirement. If you don't meet the requirement, you're less likely to be very competitive about PvE, and if you are, well, you should have progressed more quickly.

Each round of content was already ruined, so why not this next one. Soa + Bonethrasher were ruined by a combination of bugs and, later, some pretty huge nerfs. People forget that, before they adjusted the fights, only ~8-10 guilds worldwie had killed Soa and only 3 guilds had killed bonethrasher in HM (16 man, of course).

And, obviously, KP was ruined by being too easy and/or not being released at the same time as EV. They essentially released a raid where players were already geared as if they had been farming said raid for weeks before they even stepped inside.

Progression is already ruined because 3 out of every 4 players that came into this game looking for a challenge have quit already or are in the process of quitting. What you end up with is server-first level guilds thinking they're higher up on the food-chain because everyone else already gave up.

Testing is not focused on clearing bugs ONLY. They'll also be looking at difficulty data etc. They 'd probably like a to have a diverse selection of guilds.

I just hope the selected few actually do us all a favor and report any issues they come across and not just play new content in advance :D

Edit: My last statement removed as it is not really relevant due to them implementing character copies in the future. For 1.2, everything said is true.

Just a note....WoW has always allowed certain guilds to test content, and it didn't "ruin" it's progression raiding.

For example, before cata Blizzard invited paragon, ensidia, and a few others SPECIFICALLY to test the first raiding tier. Blizzard gave them all beta keys, and told them to get to lvl cap & test the raiding content ASAP.

Apparently, Bioware is following in Blizzard's footsteps...I wish that they wouldn't, but they are. Even guilds that do the testing for WoW's content wish that it wouldn't happen (if you do content during beta/PTR + when it goes live, it means you are doing the content for longer, which means you get burned out on it sooner after live.)

It'd be really nice if raiding content was tested internally only...but it isn't going to "ruin" progression raiding. People who are interested in competition will just start working on the content a few weeks before it goes live.

Dont blame the beta testers. BW didnt listen to beta testers for one. For two, we didnt have access to the ops until the very last phase which gave us no time to test them. They had these supposed internal testers for the Ops and those were the people that leaked all the beta info... which shut down dev communication.

Dont blame the beta testers. BW didnt listen to beta testers for one. For two, we didnt have access to the ops until the very last phase which gave us no time to test them. They had these supposed internal testers for the Ops and those were the people that leaked all the beta info... which shut down dev communication.

I'm starting to believe more & more that this mysterious internal testing team doesn't exist..

No way that they could've missed every single bug on Soa, No way that they could've cleared all content on all difficulties without noticing some classes being much better at healing than others..