So slicing in 1.2?

SubScene

Drop it. Crit crafted oranges and the ability to put raid/pvp mods in those oranges will in no way affect the price of augments. There will not be an immediate massive inflation in augment prices when 1.2 hits. You should not be collecting end game augments now to sell when 1.2 hits. I do not have max slicing on multiple characters, and neither should you.

eh...totally up to you. I like slicing for the discovery missions. I hope they increase the drop rate on those otherwise pretty much what the above poster stated. It does have its benefits on planets like Alderaan and Taris though. Seems like every noble on Alderaan keeps a safe box in their front yards. And all the rich people who once inhabited the Upper City section of Taris pre-Malak seem to have had all their safe boxes blown out onto the planet surface during the bombardment.

Drop it. Crit crafted oranges and the ability to put raid/pvp mods in those oranges will in no way affect the price of augments. There will not be an immediate massive inflation in augment prices when 1.2 hits. You should not be collecting end game augments now to sell when 1.2 hits. I do not have max slicing on multiple characters, and neither should you.

but wont augments be needed more or something?

Bwahahaha. Nice one :p

Problem here is that they mentioned "augment crafting", which leads me to believe that Slicing will no longer have a monopoly. My guess is that it will go to Artifice, since they can RE augments now, but that's just a guess.

Of course, Slicing is incredibly lucrative because of mission unlocks, so I'm not going to drop it, but I do hope it gets some love if it becomes a secondary augment production skill.

Possible that they add augment crafting to Slicing tho. Haven't really seen anything suggesting where it would end up.

Except that slicing is a *gathering* skill, and has no patterns. ;) Nice try though. I suspect that Artifice will in fact gain augment crafting abilities (likely up to grade 25), and existing augments will simply plummet in price.

I suspect that Artifice will in fact gain augment crafting abilities (likely up to grade 25), and existing augments will simply plummet in price.

Which would make every single mission from slicing absolutely useless. I am maxed, and often pay 1700 to run a lockbox mission, which usually includes 1300 credits... a total loss. Augments are the only reason I use it currently. :(

Which would make every single mission from slicing absolutely useless. I am maxed, and often pay 1700 to run a lockbox mission, which usually includes 1300 credits... a total loss. Augments are the only reason I use it currently. :(

1. The lockbox missions net a positive return on average

2. The 340 lvl mission discoveries that you receive when you crit are priceless

I'm not saying slicing will make the most credits in the shortest time, but it is very easy to use

You must have the worst luck on the face of the planet if you're losing money witn slicing. I constantly send my guys out on lockbox missions, which cost about 1400-1500, and they almost always give me a return of 1700+

I regularly raise slicing, drop it, and start over again, just to get level-appropriate schematics for my various crafters. It's never operated at a <sum total> loss for me, and I don't play the market or anything.