Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I'm pretty sure there won't be a 'toggle' or whatever people are asking for, but obviously you will still get affection points for either choice.

(btw, my LS sith warrior got -1 for flirting with Jaesa because back then I didn't know you could only date her DS ;) )

if you don't want to flirt, then don't. the end.

I want to max my effection with all my characters and to be honest I have no want to be romantic with any of my characters companions , lets be honest Inquisitor has nothing to offer for OGRA or SGRA or atleast that is my opinion , doesn't change the fact I want them all to get as high in effection as possible. I am a completetionist and go back and do anything I was not able to do during the time I was their because of whatever reason I couldn't . I even rerolled 8 times because I have picked something I didn't mean too.

I am sure alot of players want to get everything done with their mains , including maxing effection with all current and new companions.

RP wise, after all no one wants to be on a ship with a crew that hates you and might do something horrible to you in your sleep.............there is doors everywhere :eek:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only last concession I could live with is this: I would want specific companions to be gay only. I also want those companions orientation information available before hand so that I can avoid getting my "friendship" to high and having to deal with unwanted advances. Lastly have flirting in game removed and set to companion only.

I want to max my effection with all my characters and to be honest I have no want to be romantic with any of my characters companions , lets be honest Inquisitor has nothing to offer for OGRA or SGRA or atleast that is my opinion , doesn't change the fact I want them all to get as high in effection as possible. I am a completetionist and go back and do anything I was not able to do during the time I was their because of whatever reason I couldn't . I even rerolled 8 times because I have picked something I didn't mean too.

I am sure alot of players want to get everything done with their mains , including maxing effection with all current and new companions.

RP wise, after all no one wants to be on a ship with a crew that hates you and might do something horrible to you in your sleep.............there is doors everywhere :eek:

You can have max affection and not romance them, you know.

My only last concession I could live with is this: I would want specific companions to be gay only. I also want those companions orientation information available before hand so that I can avoid getting my "friendship" to high and having to deal with unwanted advances. Lastly have flirting in game removed and set to companion only.

I actually had to deal with unwanted advances from Theran on my Consular, already. It was pretty easy to just shut him down.

And why, exactly, should all flirting be removed?

Oh, something I wanted to say earlier but forgot: I kind of hope that if SGRAs are introduced with new characters that it will be as awesome as the Mass Effect 3 stuff. I don't think I would easily let go of my affection for Corso, Kira or Aric, but if any new characters are as lovely as the ME3 characters, I think I'd be tempted.

Oh, something I wanted to say earlier but forgot: I kind of hope that if SGRAs are introduced with new characters that it will be as awesome as the Mass Effect 3 stuff. I don't think I would easily let go of my affection for Corso, Kira or Aric, but if any new characters are as lovely as the ME3 characters, I think I'd be tempted.

Interesting. While I hope we don't only get SGRs with new characters, I am hoping that future companion characters will also be SGR options; after all this fuss I'd think they would be. :D I still think we won't be seeing new companion characters until an expansion, but here's hoping that they're awesome enough to make us want to play through their romances as well.

Of course, there could be downsides: "Playing a brand new JK now because I can't romance both Kira and [new companion]... All this because they won't share."

...though if BioWare did make it so you could romance two companions at once and all characters involved were okay with that, now damn, that would be an entirely new controversy. Cool.

Edited by MusedMoose

Interesting. While I hope we don't only get SGRs with new characters, I am hoping that future companion characters will also be SGR options; after all this fuss I'd think they would be. :D I still think we won't be seeing new companion characters until an expansion, but here's hoping that they're awesome enough to make us want to play through their romances as well.

Of course, there could be downsides: "Playing a brand new JK now because I can't romance both Kira and [new companion]... All this because they won't share."

...though if BioWare did make it so you could romance two companions at once and all characters involved were okay with that, now damn, that would be an entirely new controversy. Cool.

Yeah, I really hope for existing characters, but I have new confidence that new ones would be good enough to make me forget my characters' unrequited crushes ;)

I'd actually be down for some polyamory if all the characters are okay with it. It's not exactly easy just having a relationship with two people involved, three just makes it all the harder, but I don't really see it as the great big evil some people like to paint it as. Everyone in the relationship being open and sure of their place with the two (or more?) others is certainly a better thing than someone sneaking around to have lovers on the side which I hear is a way of life for some of the Sith.

Edited by Suaine

I actually had to deal with unwanted advances from Theran on my Consular, already. It was pretty easy to just shut him down.

And why, exactly, should all flirting be removed?

Because people in a privileged group don't want it, and are uncomfortable with it, and they are used to getting their own way to the exclusion or detriment of anyone else. To people with privilege, equality feels like oppression. :/

Put me down as someone who may well never take advantage of SGRs in SWTOR but hopes Bioware come through on their promise of putting them in, because it's respectful and inclusive and the right thing to do, when so many games and other media just ignore huge segments of society entirely (when they're not denigrating them).

Yeah, I really hope for existing characters, but I have new confidence that new ones would be good enough to make me forget my characters' unrequited crushes ;)

Man, I hope so. :D While it's true that I could play a male of every class in order to see all the romances with the current female companions, I really don't want to, which is why I'm still holding out hope that all the SGRs are drawn from the current companions. It will be interesting to see how all relationships are done with new companions, though. Regardless of whether they're SGR or OGR, if someone's PC is totally charmed by a new companion but is already involved with a current companion... Well, that could get ugly, or...

I'd actually be down for some polyamory if all the characters are okay with it. It's not exactly easy just having a relationship with two people involved, three just makes it all the harder, but I don't really see it as the great big evil some people like to paint it as. Everyone in the relationship being open and sure of their place with the two (or more?) others is certainly a better thing than someone sneaking around to have lovers on the side which I hear is a way of life for some of the Sith.

..or it could be like that, yeah. I don't have anything against polyamory in theory, I've just never seen it done well. It would have to fit the characters involved, and not just come off as either a quick fix or some gratuitous kind of "

" thing. But agreed, I'd much rather have the companions and PC talk things out and agree to all be together than have people be cheating. I'd feel like I was gaining Dark Side points IRL if I played it that way. :eek:

Put me down as someone who may well never take advantage of SGRs in SWTOR but hopes Bioware come through on their promise of putting them in, because it's respectful and inclusive and the right thing to do, when so many games and other media just ignore huge segments of society entirely (when they're not denigrating them).

Well said, and welcome. :) Always good to have another supporter.

What I would not like is new characters just for the sake of them being sgr characters. If they introduce new companions fine but just to introduce them and stick them with you for a purpose I won't ever use would irk me, not as much as that damn robot on my ship but very close.

What I would not like is new characters just for the sake of them being sgr characters. If they introduce new companions fine but just to introduce them and stick them with you for a purpose I won't ever use would irk me, not as much as that damn robot on my ship but very close.

No one wants token gay characters. Of course they should have their own story and purpose.

It'd make the polyamorous folk far more likely to play and enjoy.

Hello everyone. I hope you're all having a super day!

When I brought up the lack of LGBT romance in the game to a CSR, I was given the 'time constraints due to a fully-voiced mmo' line.

It is my pleasure to offer a simple solution to this. Simply add in the flirt commands whilst interacting with a same sex companion, then throw in some voice over from popular movies such as Broke Back Mountain.

I long to tell Malavai about my true feelings & feel there is no better way than to say "Ya know it could be like this, just like this always".

Say yes to LGBT romance!

When I brought up the lack of LGBT romance in the game to a CSR, I was given the 'time constraints due to a fully-voiced mmo' line.

It is my pleasure to offer a simple solution to this. Simply add in the flirt commands whilst interacting with a same sex companion, then throw in some voice over from popular movies such as Broke Back Mountain.

I long to tell Malavai about my true feelings & feel there is no better way than to say "Ya know it could be like this, just like this always".

Say yes to LGBT romance!

I fully support this solution.

Then maybe we CAN have a conversation in which Corso says, 'You got a real purdy mouth, Captain.'

Say yes to LGBT romance!

Does that mean the f/f SGRs will get sound clips from "But I'm A Cheerleader"? Because I fully support that solution too. :D

Does that mean the f/f SGRs will get sound clips from "But I'm A Cheerleader"? Because I fully support that solution too. :D

Man, I so did not recognise Ru Paul in that movie. So much fun. Great flick.

hey, we could have sound clips from 'Bound' too.

but... I'm neither a fan of Brokeback Mountain nor But I'm a Cheerleader :eek:

I also don't know how anyone would seriously be interested in romancing Quinn. I wanted to kick him out of my ship sooo often. (btw, is .he. the romance option when you play a female warrior? I might have to delete mine then. lol)

I also don't know how anyone would seriously be interested in romancing Quinn. I wanted to kick him out of my ship sooo often. (btw, is .he. the romance option when you play a female warrior? I might have to delete mine then. lol)

Bio: The thread is longer than Ron Jermey - just give the gays what they want and theyll keep subscribing. Make it a little dirty too ;)

Its obvius Quinn is a "closet" anyway, and I cant see how this could harm any others. Just insert the dialgue-option "NO! BAD GAY! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" if by somehow all us homophopes are assaulted by a flirting Quinn if we reach too high affection.

And yes - He is :D .. Im sooo glad im A Male, Sith trueborn with body type 3 and the social perk "punish" :D

Bio: The thread is longer than Ron Jermey - just give the gays what they want and theyll keep subscribing. Make it a little dirty too ;)

Its obvius Quinn is a "closet" anyway, and I cant see how this could harm any others. Just insert the dialgue-option "NO! BAD GAY! GO TO YOUR ROOM!" if by somehow all us homophopes are assaulted by a flirting Quinn if we reach too high affection.

well that's the thing, my male warrior (who is pretty much gay if you asked me :p) HATES quinn with all his might and only didn't force choke him to death because that option wasn't available. lawl. (not that he would like Pierce much, either, he's extremely picky... silly boy :rolleyes: )

so, it's not just 'you homophobes' who think NO BAD GAY GO TO YOUR ROOM if Quinn starts being all.. whatever. lol. hell, I personally find the droid to be way less annoying than Quinn :mad:

in short, I really really hope the sith warrior gets a new companion added for SGRA for the male version. (and for the female version, LS Jaesa, please!)

Edited by amnie

As mentioned above, Quinn is the current fem romance option, but you could also

have a fling with Pierce, so depending on how you like to RP/envision your character, you could run with that. ;)

Even after being spoiled on events in the SW storyline, though, I'd still like to take a shot at Quinn (uh, romance-wise! not literally!) with my planned male SW. It could be a glorious trainwreck. *evil rubbing of hands together*