The death of pvp, thy name is ranked warzones

Labradoraki

You should not get superior gear for doing ranked wz's that is welll beyond stupid, I can see some appearance items or maybe speeders and other cosmetic items but having superior pvp gear would be a massive failure due to them just queuing up against solo queue players once they aquired it.

If BW does give them this special superior gear it should not be usable outside of ranked WZ's, again arguing against this is basically telling me that you can't win without multiple crutches, you already have the experience and team you sure as heck don't need a 3rd crutch "gear"

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be forced to talk ith others even if you dont want too(sorry the ******** response go play single player doesnt work since i want to kill people, not talk to them)

You post a lot for someone who hates talking to others.

What if it's only a few ilvl higher than pug gear to slightly encourage rated wzs but not make it have a very noticeable effect?

This is also kind of dumb.

Lets assume for a second that all the people doing ranked WZ's are better than all the people who solo queue.

Now lets assume these better players have their team, vent and experience playing together.

On top of that you get exclusive "better" gear than those who solo.

You don't need it, you are already going to stomp those solo players because of your teamplay, vent and experience, why add gear to the mix?

Even more important than this if YOU are a serious pvper who considers ranked WZ's to matter or mean something to YOU then do YOU really want solo players to use gear as an excuse everytime they lose? Wouldnt you rather be able to use the same gear and stomp them so they have to come up with something new?

The only premades who want superior gear to solo players are those who cannot compete and are unable to play without their team in the first place.

Edited by Seriasx

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

This is a lot of rage based on pure speculation. Seriously - there's almost no details about the what/where/how for ranked WZ and you're foaming at the mouth about concepts you pretty much invented on your own. Maybe ranked WZ gear will have the EXACT SAME STATS as non-ranked, just look different. Maybe ranked wz will be exactly the same, but with a big pink bunny icon next to the items name so everyone knows its hardcore.

There are zero facts in this thread and its still, what, 11 pages of speculation? Take a pill.

In other news, I'm starting a collection for OP to purchase this:

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Kids-Spell-Richard-Gentry/dp/0435087606/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330724777&sr=8-2

I'm in for a nickel. Anyone else?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

This is a lot of rage based on pure speculation. Seriously - there's almost no details about the what/where/how for ranked WZ and you're foaming at the mouth about concepts you pretty much invented on your own. Maybe ranked WZ gear will have the EXACT SAME STATS as non-ranked, just look different. Maybe ranked wz will be exactly the same, but with a big pink bunny icon next to the items name so everyone knows its hardcore.

There are zero facts in this thread and its still, what, 11 pages of speculation? Take a pill.

http://www.amazon.com/Teaching-Kids-Spell-Richard-Gentry/dp/0435087606/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330724777&sr=8-2

I'll donate $1 and also $1 for http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Stress-Relief-Barbara-Benagh/dp/B000ICLRKW

first off, WoW claiming arena was a bad thing has to be put into context. the only reason they thought it was a bad thing is because its been out since TBC and up to this day they are still working 24/7 on balancing it out , the balancing never ends , WAAAY to much work for them. Arena itself was fine , actually made pvp worth smthing in the game. Same with rated WZs. If you do not want rated WZs then you are not a pvper , i couldnt care less about your 1 WZ a day to slaughter people who can't play for ****. People who are calling "going on 1 target with 4 people" 0 skill , how about you counter them with 4 people on one of theirs , and ontop of that your healers actually use SKILL , not an ability but SKILLS to keep people up and survive.

secondly , the whole "i just want to solo play and kill other people" , ok go play a shooter. dont need to say more than this.

3rd, the gear? i personally dont even need gear , i just want a ranking system. if gear would be introduced tho then i wouldnt even find it unreasonable tho. its a reward for playing a teamgame. warzones are 8v8 , not 8x 1v1.

ah you people are so funny, just like always when you cant argue you try to degrade the enemies argument by sticking degrating terms like grammar, age or whatever fits their situation to defend themselves

Blizzard even said Arenas (ranked WZ) were a big mistake:

http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/interviews/6773-Five-Years-of-Warcraft-Speaking-With-Blizzards-Rob-Pardo

There is no way Bioware can do better

They said that because in order to get the top PvP stuff you had to do arenas and once you get the top tier PvP items you literally destroyed anyone who didn't have it. SWTOR hopefully won't be that case.

L2Concept

Edited by AMKSED

They said that because in order to get the top PvP stuff you had to do arenas and once you get the top tier PvP items you literally destroyed anyone who didn't have it. SWTOR hopefully won't be that case.

H

A

HAHA

H

A

H

AHAHAHAHAHA

Bioware copies wow check

Bioware care about moeny check

Bioware disapoints always check

Bioware is going to destroy pvp check

Man your so funny, after all the desperate and horrible moves bioware made with swtor you still HOPE....lol, i guess hope dies last xD

You mean like people whining because they can't take a keep in WvWvW solo and are forced to group up? Or because they get stomped in 5vs5 competitive tournaments with their pug and don't want to form a real premade team?

Both, lol

H

A

HAHA

H

A

H

AHAHAHAHAHA

Bioware copies wow check

Bioware care about moeny check

Bioware disapoints always check

Bioware is going to destroy pvp check

Man your so funny, after all the desperate and horrible moves bioware made with swtor you still HOPE....lol, i guess hope dies last xD

Here's an idea. Don't queue up for ranked WZs and you won't have a problem.

Another QQ post...

ill refer back to my argument that I use every time...

Define MMORPG: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a genre of computer role-playing games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual game world.

Notice the MULTIPLAYER in the definition. If you want to solo queue go play Skyrim. Great game where you can slay dragons and do everything by yourself. Leave the multiplayer games for the people who want to play as a team. OR level 8 characters since you can do that solo.

Why people moan about making friends is beyond me.

OK i'll define the R in mmorpg=Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role...or in other words to play the game any damn way he chooses.

I dont understand why everyone is saying to people who solo que for warzones to go play singleplayer game, there is not other players to pvp with in single player one, you cant really que there for pvp... so stop talking nonsense without thinking what your saying.

You so called multyplayers however can make a multyplayer server and play with your so called friends.

Anyways, if ranked warzones wont be able to solo que, I am guessing bunch of casuals will just not be playing this any longer, and yeah, no matter how you turn it, there is more casuals in mmos then you would think of.

Another wow clone, nothing much to see, move on.

I get what the OP is talking about. I myself solo queue a lot. It's not that i don't have friends. It's just what i am comfortable with. I just hope that BW would be able to also add a way for us to get gear that premades would get from the ranked WZ's.

It's WoW and Arena all over again, an very small portion of the population ruining the game for everyone, this is exactly why I left WoW, to see the game I loved slowly destroyed for some FOTM kids screaming to be number one. I will not stay in the same or similar environment, and if you think some elite sample population will drive sales think again, arenas where one of the largest mistakes by WoW and they admitted as much.

Epic Win.

Because the game is MULTIPLAYER... it doesnt say TEAM GAME... Solo people also deserve a fair chance at getting top pvp gear by killing those multi PLAYERS....

Its not a mmotrpg...its an mmorpg

+1111111

so wait, your argument is that the game is multiplayer based, but you want SOLO players to be rewarded for participating in TEAM based PvP?

When you solo queue, you join a TEAM of players, you aren't going to win alone. Although, I probably could, but I doubt you're as good as me.

hmm...

Edited by venjinze

I say the ultimate in team play is grouping with people you do not know and getting a win rather then forming a FOTM comp and trying to hide your own lack of skill, but hey that's just me.

I guess is me too then, so we are two.