No more color restrictions on crystals ?! Really ?

Gauvi

Color restriction was a bad idea from a lore perspective and a practical perspective.

From a Lore/Canon perspective, several people pointed out that Lucas already said that color restriction is largely meaningless. You see this throughout the Star Wars universe. Sure, tradition dictates that most Sith rock red and most Jedi rock blue/green, but this is neither a hard and fast rule nor was it true throughout history.

References -

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruusan_campaign

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystals

From a practical perspective, having artificial limits in game were foolish simply because if you are a force wielder, once you get your saber at or around 10 you are going to be using that weapon (not that literal item, but a lightsaber) from the time the game starts until you quit playing. We're talking years on end using the same thing. Everyone SHOULD be able to change it around as they see fit if only to help break the monotony.

All they need to do now is separate stats from crystals completely and make them color only, OR add an additional crystal slot that is color only. Taking a stat hit because you hate yellow and want to rock blue isn't fun.

I don't agree on this.

I grew up with the films as a kid in the 80s. To me,; the movies, and only the movies are lore. Nothing else.

Well, it's done now and you got your way. Good for you, but you have opened a can of worms. Next time bioware chuck lore and immersion down the boghole, you might not be so pleased.

Edited by damolawler

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up with the films as a kid in the 80s. To me,; the movies, and only the movies are lore. Nothing else.

The entire Star Wars universe doesn't just exist inside the short time frame that occurred in the movies.

Considering the set of events we are playing through took place thousands of years prior, its easy to forget that.

I don't agree on this.

Well, it's done now and you got your way. Good for you, but you have opened a can of worms. Next time bioware chuck lore and immersion down the boghole, you might not be so pleased.

So you want orange, yellow, black, white, etc crystals removed as well?

Oh, I disagree.

Ep II-

"I killed them." +100 DS

"And not just the men," +100 DS "but the women" +500 DS "and the children." +1000 DS "They're all dead!"

"We could keep it a secret." +100 DS

Secret marriage! +150 DS

Ep III -

Dooku = Dead +50 DS

"Is it possible to learn this power?" +100 DS

Mace Windu = Dead 200 DS

"I pledge myself to your teachings." +1250 DS

You've unlocked the title "Darth Vader!"

Younglings = Dead +1250 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Jedi = +100 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

Dead Separatist = +10 DS

I think you get the point. By the time he dueled Obi-Wan, if we're using the game mechanics (assuming special dark side allotments for changing factions (which we can't do) and slaughtering innocent children (also can't do,)) Anakin was ABSOLUTELY Dark V. And he used a blue lightsaber.

/thread

LOL!

Well he was definitely Dark I at least ... shouldnt have been using the ........... :eek:

.............. OMG I got it! These restrictions DID fit lore! Anakin was Dark I he just never unequipped the Blue lightsaber! Therefore he wasnt getting the benefit of the stats ... THATS why Obiwan beat him! It all makes sense now!

It seems to me that any nerd can just write up some old bollocks, send it to Wookiepedia, and claim it as "Lore"

Or any forum poster can be fixated on the small window presented in the movies and claim it as the "only Lore".

It seems to me that any nerd can just write up some old bollocks, send it to Wookiepedia, and claim it as "Lore"

its you,

I suggest you read some of the hundreds of books comics, play KotoR 1 and 2 as well,

Wookiepedia is pretty spot on

The beauty about that is there are millions browsing that wouldnt let it stand for long. Try putting in that Greedo originally shot first and see how long it stays on there.

the beauty about that is there are millions browsing that wouldnt let it stand for long. Try putting in that greedo originally shot first and see how long it stays on there.

blastphemer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alignment-restricted color crystals was an absolutely atrocious idea in the first place, so I'm quite glad Bioware has come to their senses sooner rather than later. People who are seriously bothered by the fact that they will now see Sith with green lightsabers really just need to get over it. If something like that has enough of an impact on you to significantly effect your enjoyment of the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

Alignment-restricted color crystals was an absolutely atrocious idea in the first place, so I'm quite glad Bioware has come to their senses sooner rather than later. People who are seriously bothered by the fact that they will now see Sith with green lightsabers really just need to get over it. If something like that has enough of an impact on you to significantly effect your enjoyment of the game, then I don't know what to tell you.

funny thing is if you a LS sith or a DS Jedi you could already get coloured/red crystals anyway it make jack all difference

Are you implying that a website getting data from nerds for nerds would contain factually inaccurate data for any length of time?

I said that was the lore TO ME.

Do try to read properly.

I'll ask my question again:

So you want orange, yellow, black, white, etc crystals removed as well?

Those colors are not represented in the movies.

Should they be removed?

I don't agree on this.

Lucas has acknowledged that the colors of lightsabers from the original movies was limited to special effects and not lore. No one is chucking lore out any window.

also in the films weren't the imp blasters green (Deathstar included) and the Rebel's blasters Red?

I think all blasters are red, only Tie Fighters and Death Star Death Beam were green, IIRC.

Bring up a good point though ....with this crappy restriction, Troopers, Smugglers, Agents and Hunters arent Jedi ... yet they are restricted too. Yeah that REALLY fits lore. :rolleyes:

Furthermore whose to say all the Jedi in the movies werent DS? Dooku didnt seem that evil either ... hell, he tried warning Obiwan about the Palpatine (ok, maybe not :D). Some of those Sith in the Decieved trailer couldve been LS too!

Yup, restrictions suck.

picardfacepalm.jpg

Oh you people and your misunderstanding of lore. (You use that word... I don't think that word means what you think it means.)

Pick up some EU books, for the love of god, and stop complaining about added options for people who want them.