The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

Hey OP, please post updated numbers please. I also noticed an uptick around the same time you did but that uptick has faded away and we are even lower population then we were before.

It cause we passed another "lapse or continue paying" moment, noticed the same decline in population on my server

Edited by Touchbass

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It causes we passed the another "lapse or continue paying" moment, noticed the same decline in population on my server

When I started playing on dark sion on DEC 20Th, we had queue time, then for the next 2 month we went from heavy to medium. This week on the republic side there were 6 players on the fleet during the week day and 35 on the weekend.

Edited by samht

It causes we passed the another "lapse or continue paying" moment, noticed the same decline in population on my server

Makes sense, our guild can hardly field 8 players on our scheduled Wed. raid nights anymore. We've made an alliance with 2 other guilds because they also lost a lot of people. Many guilds have disbanded completely or otherwise merged.

When I started playing on dark sion on DEC 20Th, we had queue time, then for the next 2 month we went from heavy to medium. This week on the republic side there were 6 players on the fleet during the week day and 35 on the weekend.

That's pretty much the same story on most servers minus the abysmal numbers.

Makes sense, our guild can hardly field 8 players on our scheduled Wed. raid nights anymore. We've made an alliance with 2 other guilds because they also lost a lot of people. Many guilds have disbanded completely or otherwise merged.

Yeah, not be able to field a pultry 8 members on a regular basis is a frightening statistic for your guild. Try and over recruit and hopefully some members will stick around. Back when I was fielding a 40 man raid roster in WoW, those who didn't show up lost their raid slots.

Yeah, not be able to field a pultry 8 members on a regular basis is a frightening statistic for your guild. Try and over recruit and hopefully some members will stick around. Back when I was fielding a 40 man raid roster in WoW, those who didn't show up lost their raid slots.

We were running 2 8 man groups, the first group was our progression group while the 2nd group was a newly formed group gearing up in normals. We had just filled out all the slots for the 2nd group when things just fell apart. A lot of the people in the first group quit or went back to BF3 or waiting for other games. Recruitment is tough on my server, we are all 50s so newer players don't have much to do in our guild. ANd the good 50s are already in their own guilds.

You server is about a lopsided as they come:

Current players on Dark Sion:

Rep: 216

Emp: 357 add to that the 100+ level 50s on.

Numbers are as of 7:07pm EST 3/26 a Monday.

Don't judge a server by its population imbalances, or how many are in the fleet.

Edited by BlackZoback

You server is about a lopsided as they come:

Current players on Dark Sion:

Rep: 216

Emp: 357 add to that the 100+ level 50s on.

Numbers are as of 7:07pm EST 3/26 a Monday.

Don't judge a server by its population imbalances, or how many are in the fleet.

Sound to me like they would have a rich target environment.

For the Republic!

:D

Wow OP, you really took being a blinded fan boy to a whole new level. This game is not growing, is losing subs each day. I think the only reason a few server are getting more people is because some low pop server players are rerolling to medium ones. FYI most Swtor podcast and guilds are complaining that there losing people. I think BioWare recently said they have over a million active subs: so 2 million bought the game, 1.7 paid for the first month, a little over 1 million left in the third month: that is the community losing people. I would guess there are about 800K subs active now; I just cancelled my sub today because I am getting ready for diablo 3 and MoP. Maybe I will come back when they get add on support and x-server LFG or when it becomes F2P.

listen to this guy...when it becomes f2p..listen to this guy lol

I love when people start their posts with /sigh or Sigh or something similar. How sad of a life where you even sigh in your posts.

/sigh

I think the /sigh is more of an, "I can't believe I'm posting in this thread, but here I go..."

I bought the CE, and I was prepared to go all in with the longest subscription, but now I'm glad I reconsidered.

I was even excited to try out the 1.2 PTS. Now, I've simply lost confidence in them.

I had fun playing through my JK class story. I had fun playing through beta. I got my money's worth for what I played.

I don't regret it, but I'm out.

Edited by EJedi

If people say you can't use the Fleet Population as a means to judge the dropping population of a server; that means, you cannot use the Fleet Populations as a means to judge the rising population either.

Neither provide a valid metric to show "health", only a small observation or sampling at best. This whole thread relies on one person posting their screenshots of the number of players during peak times. What if someone posted a screenshot of fleet with hardly anyone on at peak time? Neither of which is a direct correlation of population.

[/Thread]

One day, I logged into my inquisitor, Dromund Kaas had 30 players. Logged into him the next, it had 93 players! Congrats BW on such a succesful game!

I spammed heals LFG any HM, all I heard was crickets, what a joke! Even if their are people on fleet or in Lfg channel they will not respond. This game is so linear that you forget it's an Mmo. Half my guild went back to WoW. The other half hasn't logged in for a while. I so desperately wanted to enjoy this game! I ignored the ability delay, I ignored server imbalance and the derpy huge buttocks that jedi have. It's just... just not worth it anymore.

For a game to have this many forum topics with people defending it left and right about dying or living is a bad sign in general. meh, guess back to my Mario Kart online, or maybe the new Kid Icarus who knows/?

On my server (Mind Trick), I see more and more players for the last week. I think it's mostly a combination of players coming back and new players from the free weekend passes.

Thats funny, cos the MT population has gone from a consistent 200+ on the fleet every night with pvp all night long (to the early morning hours with short queue time)...to 100+ on the fleet every night with pvp shutting down around 1am. And thats all within just a few short weeks.

Edited by Ushela

If people say you can't use the Fleet Population as a means to judge the dropping population of a server; that means, you cannot use the Fleet Populations as a means to judge the rising population either.

Neither provide a valid metric to show "health", only a small observation or sampling at best. This whole thread relies on one person posting their screenshots of the number of players during peak times. What if someone posted a screenshot of fleet with hardly anyone on at peak time? Neither of which is a direct correlation of population.

[/Thread]

Fleet population CAN and IS used to determine if a server is dead or not. Server A has 10 people on its fleet every night at 9 pm. Server B has 200 people on its fleet every night at 9pm. Which server is dead, and which is healthy and exciting?

You are not understanding, that servers with 10 people on its fleet at prime time, DO NOT just magically have 70 people on korriban, 150 on dromund kaas, 80 on belsavis, 100 people in WZs,etc, which would indicate a healthy populated server in that case. Servers with 10 people on the fleet every night have 8 people on korriban, 10 on dromund kaas, 4 on belsavis, 3 on hoth, 2 on ilum...

I have logged on more servers than you can imagine and done more /who's per zone than you probably ever have on many, many, many different servers...and I can ASSURE you that servers with extreme low numbers on the fleet during prime time hours ARE DEAD, 100% of the time, making it a viable tool for determining this fact. NEVER have I seen a server with 10-20 on its fleet at prime time night have healthy pops on each planet. NEVER.

You are not understanding, that servers with 10 people on its fleet at prime time, DO NOT just magically have 70 people on korriban, 150 on dromund kaas, 80 on belsavis, 100 people in WZs,etc, which would indicate a healthy populated server in that case. Servers with 10 people on the fleet every night have 8 people on korriban, 10 on dromund kaas, 4 on belsavis, 3 on hoth, 2 on ilum...

I have logged on more servers than you can imagine and done more /who's per zone than you probably ever have on many, many, many different servers...and I can ASSURE you that servers with extreme low numbers on the fleet during prime time hours ARE DEAD, 100% of the time, making it a viable tool for determining this fact. NEVER have I seen a server with 10-20 on its fleet at prime time night have healthy pops on each planet. NEVER.

I fully understand, and most certainly don't need a lesson from you. However, there was a previous thread discussing how the server population was decreasing. Some people referenced the Fleet numbers to prove (or show) their point (which you say, is fine to do); yet, fanboi's came out and said that Fleet numbers are not a valid metric to use.

Therefore, if someone talking about decreasing levels cannot use Fleet numbers to show their point (according to the fanboi's) ... then the opposite must be true (in regards to discussions on growth). You are the one not understanding my post.

Edited by Aeris_Kane