The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Infrared Sensors or Gyroscopic Alignment Jets? (PvP)

jitsuo

Which is better? Stealth Scan CD reduction seems like a minimal gain and 2% damage doesn't seem like much at all. Venting 8 heat per stun/incapacitate is a bit situational but, since 2/8/31 is a heat hog spec, it seems to be better.

I actually use both, also note that I do not use rapid venting.

I tried switching my 2 from gyroscopic to rapid venting and OMG I was overheating like a mad man!!! So I switched back.

Aslo the stealth scan is actually really useful in pvp. The gyroscopic is personal preference I say.

I actually use both, also note that I do not use rapid venting.

I tried switching my 2 from gyroscopic to rapid venting and OMG I was overheating like a mad man!!! So I switched back.

Aslo the stealth scan is actually really useful in pvp. The gyroscopic is personal preference I say.

Considering how often you get slowed stopped stunned and everything else in PvP it seems to leave the realm of situational and tends to firmly land in the category of damn near invaluable.

Gyroscopic doesnt do anything when you are slowed only stunned, mezz, roots or knocked down.

Also when one of those things happen you aren't gonna to be attack either since you can't so you really automatically lose heat.

Except for the case of being rooted. You always get jumped on by jedis and stuff so there it does have a nice benefit. But I rather have stealth detection which really messes up and scondrels and assassins trying to butt jump someone.

Energy Rebounder is also great.

Gyroscopic doesnt do anything when you are slowed only stunned, mezz, roots or knocked down.

Also when one of those things happen you aren't gonna to be attack either since you can't so you really automatically lose heat.

Except for the case of being rooted. You always get jumped on by jedis and stuff so there it does have a nice benefit. But I rather have stealth detection which really messes up and scondrels and assassins trying to butt jump someone.

Energy Rebounder is also great.

I was just using slowed as an example of the many number of things that happens in PvP, especially to the ball carrier in Huttball. It was just there to dot the i of my point really.

2% damage reduction across all damage types. Hells yeh!

2% versus melee and ranged only that doesn't include force and tech attacks. It is still a decent talent, so it is more 1% less damage. The stealth detection is very valuable.