Imperial Agent Companions

Wandur

I should have mentioned, I'm a sniper with great gear, so I dont have to worry at all about companion dps, I can see the doc being a little slow for op hybrids and such.

P.S. I agree this thread should be moved under the IA main forums, and slathered with glue by a mod for a STICKY! :) Pretty Please! Great info, keep it up, and of course thank you.

Edited by Darthgrace

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was thinking about adding their abilities and at what level they get 'em. (In case of any companion other than Kaliyo and maybe the ship droid that I don't even have listed, I wouldn't list the level of the abilities because they don't need it, you can't get 'em THAT early)

as an example for Kaliyo:

Special Abilities:

[*]Starts with the following abilities: Guard Stance, Distract,Charged Shot

[*]Level 09: Storm

[*]Level 11: Sniper Sight

[*]Level 13: Frag Grenade (Note: Obviously breaks CC, so turn it off if you’re using CC)

[*]Level 17: Defensive Blast

[*]Level 23: EMP Blast (Also breaks CC)

[*]Level 29: Flaregun

[*]Level 35: Deploy Shields (She uses this automatically (if set to auto use) when she’s at low health)

If you guys like the idea, I'd edit my original post with that info. To keep it clear I'd put it in an additional Spoiler which would look like this:

this is a test

to show you what I mean

Also... should I add our ship droid? He's only a healer that can't use a mainhand weapon, but since he might still be useful to some I could add him.

edit: added it for Kaliyo in the original post, so you can see how I intend to do it.

Edited by Wandur

Does anyone have a link to Raina Temples alternate skins?

Now you did it. I have a new idea, adding the possible custom skins! ... oh man so much work :o

Edit: Horrible paint skills of bad screenshots from the preview window... click me!

2 screens of each customization I found on Belsavis, can't give you more than preview window screens since it's 20k each and I've spent my money on lvl50 training :o

Edited by Wandur

Now you did it. I have a new idea, adding the possible custom skins! ... oh man so much work :o

Edit: Horrible paint skills of bad screenshots from the preview window... click me!

2 screens of each customization I found on Belsavis, can't give you more than preview window screens since it's 20k each and I've spent my money on lvl50 training :o

Well done Wandur. I kind of just answered my own question by rushing through Hoth. Should be noted that the majority of Lokin and Temple skills can be found on Belsavis.

Also you missed the Temple custom skin that comes from the Ilum security vendor, although it just basically makes her look like Kal. Keep up the good work.

+1 for sticky.

Edited by Ultratron

anyone knows which companion has the most dps for a heal specced 50 operative doing some quests?

before that i was concealment and had kalyo/scorpio. they just tank everything, i dps, everything dies before they drop and then i throw them a heal or two and go on.

No offense but so much misinformation in this thread...

You can romance kaliyo if you're light sided. She just gives affection to bad boys on a regular basis , thus easier to romance. The only companion that is restricted on light/dark side romance is for sith warriors , where one side is completely not able to be romanced and the other one can't wait to get in your pants.

We do get +cybertech bonus, our very last companion, scorpio, gives it to us. It is +10.

Ensign is able to be romanced by dark siders, as well, but for the love of god don't chose most dark side choices with her around, you'll eat nice -111's and -3's every time.

No offense but so much misinformation in this thread...

(...)

We do get +cybertech bonus, our very last companion, scorpio, gives it to us. It is +10.

(...)

None taken, the point is that people suggest thing to add and or correct mistakes. As I mentioned I was not sure how up to date the list was.

I did update Scorpios crewskill info, didn't think that part was wrong so never checked again, after reading this I had to log on my Op to see and tadaa, we get +Cybertech and +Slicing :D

It would help a bunch to know what advanced PVE stats to look for on our companion's gear from drops while leveling. I just puzzle when I get a new companion. If anyone knows would you please post some pointers or a list would be even better.

i.e. defense, power, surge, crit, etc.

This is a great thread and special thanks to its creator.

Snipers rule :cool::wea_09:

It would help a bunch to know what advanced PVE stats to look for on our companion's gear from drops while leveling. I just puzzle when I get a new companion. If anyone knows would you please post some pointers or a list would be even better.

i.e. defense, power, surge, crit, etc.

This is a great thread and special thanks to its creator.

Snipers rule :cool::wea_09:

I don't think that's something you can generalize like that. As an example, since I'm a healer and I like to do difficult stuff and I don't care how long it takes me to kill something, I went with Kaliyo and geared her with gear typically for a tank, so a lot of defense, shield rating, absorption rating to make her as tough as possible. Worked quite well for me since I'm an armormech, she likes the epics :D

But I guess you can gear them in a similar way as you would gear one of your chars. If you want them to tank give them tank stat gear, if you want them to DPS, give them DPS gear.

Lokin sounds like my kind of guy.I think I'd like him better if he could tank,though.I had planned on just getting as much cunning as humanly possible,but I've been falling behind in Endurance,and looks like I'll really need to catch up if I want to use Lokin.Thanks for the info. Edited by Nehcroskull

Ugh. I have a 43 Commando, was going to make an Agent for an alt so I could have toons on both factions right off the bat.

Unfortunately, I planned on going dark side. But there's no romance options for female Agents going dark.

I'm like lvl 7, should I remake as a Male so I can have a dark romance? Or should I just not have a romance and use Kaliyo forever? I just don't know.

Ugh. I have a 43 Commando, was going to make an Agent for an alt so I could have toons on both factions right off the bat.

Unfortunately, I planned on going dark side. But there's no romance options for female Agents going dark.

I'm like lvl 7, should I remake as a Male so I can have a dark romance? Or should I just not have a romance and use Kaliyo forever? I just don't know.

You can romance the guy,just make sure to choose the options he likes.Your alignment doesn't determine your entire experience.

When I got Doctor, I haven't used any of the others again. I respecced to concel from medic to use it. Loving it,

I'm 45 right now, have all 5 of them, and the only companion I use is Doc. For levelling it's great, I never have to stop and heal up, gold elites 3-4 levels above me are cake, most of my levelling is done in zones 2-3 levels above me and I have no problem with doc......

Kaliyo is good for a while. We used her as a main tank for most the sub-40 flashpoints, up to Cad, I had specced medicine.

Now though, Doc Lokin is my companion of choice, full heals, while I go full conc. Equal level Champion mobs are fine now

I'm 40 now and have used Doctor Lokin for 5 levels and he is superior. I actually finish elite mobs with BOTH of us alive and minimal c/d usage.

Recently I got the DOC and did read that he is that great, well I did outfit him a bit with more items

My first mission was to kill lvl 35 opponents as a lvl 35 myself, the doc could not outheal the dmg i had to take and I switched to Vector....was much more easy to take down those mobs fast, we had both half hp left. Actually with the DOC I did quiete bad.

Iam not sure how you guys are using the DOKTOR and I cant see how he should TANK ? How do you use them as tank or how do you use this companion for yourself ? In his form he just use a knife and the dmg seems not that good, in addition he cant heal in his form.....so Iam bit confused how is the tactic here since higher lvls wrote that hes probably the best companion.

What about his stats....he has also FORCE for healing.

So do I have to add cunning for him like myself or more willpower ?

Edited by BobaFurz

Ops have 2 abilities that allow you to get behind any opponent: Stun and Flashbang. Frag grenade lets you get behind normal mobs too.

And sadly, full concealment spec makes me out-DPS Kaliyo's threat easily on strong+ mobs. Watch out for this if you let her gear get behind like I did.

Recently I got the DOC and did read that he is that great, well I did outfit him a bit with more items

My first mission was to kill lvl 35 opponents as a lvl 35 myself, the doc could not outheal the dmg i had to take and I switched to Vector....was much more easy to take down those mobs fast, we had both half hp left. Actually with the DOC I did quiete bad.

Iam not sure how you guys are using the DOKTOR and I cant see how he should TANK ? How do you use them as tank or how do you use this companion for yourself ? In his form he just use a knife and the dmg seems not that good, in addition he cant heal in his form.....so Iam bit confused how is the tactic here since higher lvls wrote that hes probably the best companion.

What about his stats....he has also FORCE for healing.

So do I have to add cunning for him like myself or more willpower ?

Anyone can comment here please who is actully using the DOC, thx

I don't need to be using the doc to know that his main attribute is cunning and thus all you need (as primary attribute) is cunning. If you hover over that attribute on his character screen it tells you what it increases.

A good vibroknife and a good blaster helps too, since those are a huge source of tech power.

He's a decent companion because he takes your old gear and thus, if you don't find better gear for the others, he's always in acceptable equipment.

Keep his gear up to date. The better his gear the stronger his heals, and the more frequent his crits.

Keep your gear up to date. You will be tanking, so armor makes a big deal.

Keep your HOTs ticking, and use the TA procs for surgical probes if needed.

Stop nasty attacks with stuns and your interrupt.

Open with a sleep dart if there are multiple strong or elite mobs.

Check to make sure his healing stance is active. Sometimes it turns off, and that's a big hit to his healing output.