just saw the test patch notes <3

JediDuckling

yup just saw the patch notes for myself and im gonna say thats another great effort by bioware.

i know swtor is heavily broken right now but bioware are slowly getting there lol.

they are actualy thinking of everyone and not just the ones that play the game 24/7 :)

well done bioware keep it up <3 <3 <3

Well would of been nice to of posted them here so we all could see why you are complaining instead of just make a comment and not showing why you are saying such!!!

eh lol im not moaning about the patch notes im loving them lol it was a good call meaning they are good changes ill post them in a sec

PvP

General

Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones.

Warzones

General

Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy.

Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives.

Battlemaster and Champion Commendations are now available on the PvP Vendor for Warzone and Mercenary Commendations. Champion Gear Bags are still available.

Valor gained from Warzones has been increased.

Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match.

Increased the Warzone AFK timeout from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.

Alderaan Civil War

The speeder bikes that transport players back to the battle now have a three-second activation time to increase the likelihood that an organized attacking team can successfully take the side turrets.

there you go :)

Yep i agree, this is a huge step towards a better game.

If you think back to december, they've already fixed most of the things i moaned about back then. The fixes are getting in pretty quickly. I hope they'll just continue improving the game at this pace.

Battlemaster and Champion Commendations are now available on the PvP Vendor for Warzone and Mercenary Commendations.

Does this mean I can spend all my cons on BM bags instead of Stims? Anyone know how much each?

I don't think there are going to be Battlemaster bags. If I understand correctly, they're trying to get rid of the bag system altogether, which is a good step in the right direction.

holy wow! 1000/1000?!?!?

sooo, if i understand correctly, theyre making it so u only get 40 comms per WZ now yes?

doesnt that mean ur gna need 100 WZ's just to get 1 BM token?? WHOA!!... NOT thrilled about that... :( Its not that rare at the current rate even...

Under the CURRENT system, the 1000/1000 makes sense. but with only 40 coms per wz..?

Edited by Pullzar

holy wow! 1000/1000?!?!?

sooo, if i understand correctly, theyre making it so u only get 40 comms per WZ now yes?

doesnt that mean ur gna need 100 WZ's just to get 1 BM token?? WHOA!!... NOT thrilled about that... :( Its not that rare at the current rate even...

Under the CURRENT system, the 1000/1000 makes sense. but with only 40 coms per wz..?

Me thinks it means Medals + Valor = 40. For winning (and losing) by playing the match to the end you get more Valor.

I'm WOAH - I saw a thread without QQ =) These patch notes are very good for 1.1.X

You get 40 commendations on top of what you would regularly get. Right now if you pla a match and your team wins you will get about 40-50 commendations even if you get no medals whatsoever.

I average 8 medals, and get about 100 commandations, but I rather get 90 without have to work my *** off.

Great effort?? Serious, kill Ilum instead of fixing it and give people free rank 60s. Take the easy way out Bioware. Only carebear fanboys are happy with these pvp changes.

^^^^

Killed what very little life was left in world PvP.

Great effort?? Serious, kill Ilum instead of fixing it and give people free rank 60s. Take the easy way out Bioware. Only carebear fanboys are happy with these pvp changes.

Amen + unsub for life

HA! someone beat me to it.

100% agree. RIP Ilum.

This is the last time I fall for another of BW's fail game design decisions. I think I'm done as well.

Maybe I'm not understanding something here. When I buy Champion Bags I get a set amount of comms for centurion (which I don't need anymore) and Champion comms. Now with BM bags I can get more comms for Champion gear and less for BM.

My question, would the removal of BM bags make it harder to get Champion comms? 1000/1000 sounds like a lot but it's BM gear I can some what understand that grind but, what's it going to be for Champion gear now?

Most of this I disagree with.

For one, they're nailing Ilum to its own dirt grave with this. There will officially be ZERO incentive to go to Ilum, considering that Valor gain will be bumped significantly in Warzones, as well as the fact that wzs will give you Ilum daily/weekly credit.

Furthermore, they successfully made the game *********** easy.

Battlemaster almost used to mean something. If nothing else, it meant that you had a fair amount of time on your hands. Now it will mean... well, nothing. Top tier pvp gear will be handed out to the scrub-buckets who can't tell the difference between a Juggernaut and a Sorc.

Some of those patch notes make no sense.

At first I thought they were just clueless, now I'm thinking that maybe they are so desperate to retain customers that they would do anything to keep people in game for a little longer.

According to the patch notes, Ilum will be useless.

Not that I liked Ilum much (it needed fixes and improvements), but why kill the only non-warzone PvP option we had (and let's not say "there's still open world PvP", because most server are extremely underpopulated and it's impossible to find any open world PvP)?

Etc etc.

I like this game and I was hoping they'd improve it over time to the point where it stays enjoyable for a long time after reaching lvl50 (which is what a mmorpg should do, you shouldn't be forced to roll alts due to lack of content), but it seems to me they are going the wrong way and the game won't last long :(

How is it possible to spend 300M on a mmorpg yet go for a wrong business model and allow incompetent people to make the important decisions is beyond me.

Mmorpgs aren't a novelty either, so there's plenty of past mmorpg failures you can study to avoid making the same mistakes etc.. and still, companies won't do that.

I can understand those cheap independent mmorpgs screwing up, but a 300M beast with names such as LA, BW, EA..

Edited by AndrosX

Like the healer change.

Dislike that there is no reason at all ever to go to Ilum. I have liked Ilum (yes, I think it could be MUCH better though). Usually Emps have mid, pubs organize and take rest of bases, big fights break out. Pubs take mid, Emps organize and take rest of bases, big fight breaks out.

Now if you get armaments from kills in WZ why would you ever need to take mid in Ilum and why would anyone fight to take it back?

Ilum will soon be a place to do 5-6 daily quests in order to get 50-70k credits with no one ever going into the pvp zone.

Look at it this way. With Ilum no longer being required for PvP dailies/weeklies, they can take a longer time to actually work something out with it. Perhaps getting credit in WZ's is just a temporary thing until they come up with some kind of better system for Ilum.

In the meantime, **** Ilum and thank God I never have to go to that icy piece of **** again under its current system.

Edited by Swiftarts

Most of this I disagree with.

For one, they're nailing Ilum to its own dirt grave with this. There will officially be ZERO incentive to go to Ilum, considering that Valor gain will be bumped significantly in Warzones, as well as the fact that wzs will give you Ilum daily/weekly credit.

Furthermore, they successfully made the game *********** easy.

Battlemaster almost used to mean something. If nothing else, it meant that you had a fair amount of time on your hands. Now it will mean... well, nothing. Top tier pvp gear will be handed out to the scrub-buckets who can't tell the difference between a Juggernaut and a Sorc.

1) Plenty of us will still be going to Ilum if we enjoy world PVP. Set up events on your server and use it for what it is, an oversized PVP playground. It's a good thing because as it was, Ilum was a skill-less valor farm that favored whatever faction overpopulated it at any given time. I've had some fun moments there, but on most servers with a faction disparity, it was already just handing out Battlemaster tags to people who didn't deserve it.

2) Battlemaster meant something...for a couple weeks. Some people legitimately worked for it and I feel bad for those people. Just because you're a BM doesn't mean you got it in easy mode. I know lots who worked their arses off for it running warzones. But many, many people got it through joke means - before the valor farm began, people were trading turrets because of poor design. Then the Ilum patches came and turned the zone into a joke. Most Battlemasters after that date got it by spending all day in Ilum on the overpopulated side. When you're getting 200 valor per kill it doesn't take that long. You can get several valor levels in 90 minutes when you own the whole zone. Even approaching 60 you can get a level of valor in an hour or two.

I'm sorry if you were one of the ones that worked for it - but don't act like THIS is the point where they made BM a joke to get, it happened a long time ago. These things are largely improvements.

So they're making Ilum a ghost town and the reason to keep trying in an obvious loss after 4 medals is gone.

Yep, sounds good.

These are the most mind-boggling changes I've seen made in the game yet. I like that WZ/Merc Commendations can be traded in for Champ/BM Comms, but the 4 medal valor/comm limit and giving Ilum credit without ever going to Ilum seems a bit odd.

There needs to be a reason to keep playing and obtaining medals even when your team is guaranteed to lose the game. There is absolutely no reason to do that with these changes. There are going to be soooo many 4 medal AFK'ers. Even a vote kick may be impossible since half the team is likely to be AFK outside of the spawn point. Or just socializing at some random area on the map.

The Ilum change I'm not opposed to so long as Ilum is still better valor than warzones.. But it will vastly reduce the number of people who actually go out there.

Edited by Semitote

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.