Bye Bye pvp

Lalush

such a shame a single agent or mar cant hold a door in voidstar from 5 players coming 1.1.5. /end sarcasm

the change is great. you were abusing cheese.

One person can't hold the door from 5 bads you mean. How 5 people can't kill one person who has DoTs is beyond me. Assuming it's an agent it'd take them 7.5 seconds to DoT 5 people. But apparently they're CC immune and damage immune for 7.5 seconds, and all 5 people aren't one of the 3 classes that can remove Tech DoTs.

Edited by savionen

I do not see how people can not get this. It is not the damage, it is the fact that some person runs in applies dots, gets mowed down and the cappers are delayed for the DURATION of the DoT.

The best of all is we have people saying others can not play for wanting the removal of such cheap tactics.

DoT defense is easy mode. No skill required. Dot and die.

One person can't hold the door from 5 bads you mean. How 5 people can't kill one person who has DoTs is beyond me. Assuming it's an agent it'd take them 7.5 seconds to DoT 5 people. But apparently they're CC immune and damage immune for 7.5 seconds, and all 5 people aren't one of the 3 classes that can remove Tech DoTs.

they do kill the person with dots. but not before they all have a dot and cant cap before the guy comes back and repeats the process.

they do kill the person with dots. but not before they all have a dot and cant cap before the guy comes back and repeats the process.

So it takes over 8 seconds for 5 people to kill one person, none of the 5 people have any form of CC, none of them are an Operative, Mercenary or Assassin, I get it.

Some dots (Sorcerers and Agents) prevent you from doing any objective for 21 seconds. That's just ridiculous. It's also more than enough time (on Alderaan for example) for the Sorc/Agent to respawn, get to the point again, and dot you again.

Dots not preventing captures is a GOOD thing.

So it takes over 8 seconds for 5 people to kill one person, none of the 5 people have any form of CC, none of them are an Operative, Mercenary or Assassin, I get it.

To be fair, most mercs don't understand much more than 'I fire missiles good', and operative is the least played class.

What? No ez mode mods or addons that allow for one-button macro spamming of cleanse/purge? Nerf dots instead, then claim using dots is more bad then not using cleanse abilities.

Profit.

No one said you should not use Purge. you could even interrupt them before they are applied.

DoT defense is not indicative of skill. Yes, someone who cleanses shows more skill than someone who relies on DoTs for defense in warzones. Cleansing a DoT demonstrates awareness for you toons state, running in and Doting four guys before getting mowed down is simply using a game mechanic to your advantage.

I could ask, why all the fuss about the change, if people can simply cleanse the DoT? if that is so, then it should make no difference...

What? No ez mode mods or addons that allow for one-button macro spamming of cleanse/purge? Nerf dots instead, then claim using dots is more bad then not using cleanse abilities.

Profit.

Not everyone with a cleanse can remove all DOTs, and not everyone can cleanse to begin with.

Oh well, guess a Sage can never cap on an Operative since he pressed one GCD. Same for a Merc against a Sage, or a Sentinel, Guardian, Vanguard or Gunslinger against anyone.

Your argument is terrible. Good change is good.

Not everyone with a cleanse can remove all DOTs, and not everyone can cleanse to begin with.

Oh well, guess a Sage can never cap on an Operative since he pressed one GCD. Same for a Merc against a Sage, or a Sentinel, Guardian, Vanguard or Gunslinger against anyone.

Your argument is terrible. Good change is good.

Apparently people shouldn't be allowed to defend a turret by themselves, so why should one person be able to cap it by themselves?

Wha??? Dotters cant dot and DIE and still keep 4 peeps from capping til they can run back.. OH the horror!!

Every Dotter should quit right NOW!! Cause theyre so far behind the rest of the swtor players on knowing how to actively watch the doors that they'll NEVER recover..

OH and BTW for the dotters that are whining about this L2P.. LOS peeps, POP CD. learn to stay alive to keep peeps off the doors not just dot and die! oh heres anotehr idea have more then just yourselfs solo defending a door.

yup something that removes life from another target pushing them closer to death will be completely, utterly, and unequivocally useless come next patch. Better stock the fallout shelter as the end is nigh.

Seriously if you can't see the reason why dots preventing you from capping is a problem, when there are dots with no cooldown, and an 18 to 21 second duration, that can applied to anyone near you if you simply cycle targets, i can't help you. Im gonna try and help you but i can't make any promises as to your reception of these ideas.

what other options are there?

purge? yes classes that have healing as part of their ac have self/group urges. That being said they have a longer ranged cooldown and remove at best 2 dots. To adjust it you're either adjusting the cooldown or the number of debuffs/dots it removes, which runs the risk of making dot's completely pointless especially from a damage perspective if they can be purged rapidly.

dot duration? you're either reducing duration and reducing damage done (seems pointless) or reducing the duration but applying the same damage (obvious problems there).

all that being said, there are issues with dots in pvp where if you remove their benefit in preventing capping, the specs lose a significant amount of their appeal, in that a lot of dot based specs aren't exactly stacked to be the most viable in pvp. excluding marauder/jugg dots (which are more bonus damage instead of main damage focus) i would say dot specs are ok on the damage side of things, but lacking on the side of having enough tools to interrupt the other player so the dots can do their job (theres some inbetween burst issues on a class basis). So while you may not be a killing machine there was still appeal in pvp because of the cap prevention aspect and if you remove it these specs become less appealing. While i think every spec needs to be viable in pvp(and some thing should be looked at given these changes), that viability shouldn't hinge on them being the deciding factor in certain warzones to a degree that other classes can't.

Apparently people shouldn't be allowed to defend a turret by themselves, so why should one person be able to cap it by themselves?

But you can defend a point by yourself even after the change. You just can't do it while you're *********** dead.

Edited by Remulan

Seeing how this affects both Imps and Pubs equally, I fail to see how this is in any way unbalancing. Yeah, so Voidstar might actually be about who downloads faster rather than who can get through the first doors... so what? Does that really change anything?

The only way one person can cap anything by themselves is if you're totally neglecting the objective. If there's one person defending an objective that person has to either die or do something stupid for anyone to cap that point. I have held off entire teams on my Sin for 15-20 seconds by myself on turrets in Civil War without using a single DoT. Why are people making such a big issue about this? I could maybe see the angst if they changed it so AoE doesn't interrupt the cap, but we're not talking about that-- we're talking about DoTs.

Edited by Mannic

+1 for overly dramatic post title!

If you aren't trolling you are perhaps the worst ever and should delete yourself.

These people don't realize they're letting everyone know how bad they are by complaining about his bug fix. It's amazing, and a little sad...