Warzone PvP pet hates

Psybin

Ok my first pet hate is the rage quitters. Of course this is getting kind of fixed in the next patch. But it is still damn annoying now and has been for ages. I can almost guarantee that even after the upcoming changes it will still happen. Ok not as much, but will still occur.

In my opinion, the only time it's even remotely justified is if you enter a complete lose fest because of some other rage quitter. Speaking for myself, I will still stay and try to get some kills done, but it feels a lot like having to clean up someone elses mess.

This is especially frustrating when a close match becomes a pasting because you are two people down cos of cry babies.

Seriously, if you are not prepared to lose then do not go into pvp. Grow up FFS.

Second pet hate. Idiots going into level 50 PvP with like 11k HP. Quite often it's these players that cry about losing, and camp safe objectives just to get some defender points.

All it takes is a few days of dailies and you can easily get over 13k HP. Yes that is not amazing. You do not have expertise and you will get killed pretty easy. But getting rank 51 hilts/barrels/armour patches makes a hell of a difference. Spending some creds on some mods/enhancements costs very little in the long run.

But 11k HP means you are wearing level 40 gear or less. This is NOT acceptable! Especially when it is so easy to get level 50 gear. It's people like this that mostly cause your side to lose. You are expecting to be boosted. **** and put some effort in.

Third pet hate. People mindless face rolling on non-priority targets.

As a sentinel I find healers and get on them. If there's only one healer I will kill them. But invariably there's more than one. If I focus one, the other heals them and visa versa.

During all this, in a pug, what are my supposed team mates doing? Thats right, mindless failing to kill some randomer and completely ignoring the people stood there spam healing.

Can you not notice the fact that your targets health is not dropping? Can you not see those people stood there healing them? I simply do not get it.

And the funny/tragic thing is that quite often people will start saying in ops things like "They have way better gear than us". But they don't. They just do things like focus their DPS on the right things, they don't run around achieving next to nothing...

Fourth pet hate. Poor objective play/communication. This is especially noticeable in Alderaan, but also happens a lot in voidstar. Huttball can be won by two or three skilled players working together. Having one or two idiots can hurt you, but wont definately cause you to lose.

In Alderaan I've lost count of the number of times this has happened. We've had control of one turret. A bunch of us have gone and zerged another one. We finally take it. I look up and see we've lost the first because some idiots left it completely undefended... Or at the very least totally failed to report incoming.

And then the opposite is true as well. Almost the entire enemy team is zerging say the centre. It gets reported in ops they are hitting centre. WHY is there 3-4 people stood on the left doing literally nothing??? One or maybe two people, who report incoming are all that's needed. And sometimes even two is too many...

Same with doors on voidstar. Failing to defend one door, or allowing ninja caps by letting the enemy team to bring you away from it. Or failing to report incoming. It's not hard! Going in and stopping a cap then imediately dying is much much much better than killing tons of people but not stopping a cap when you could have done.

I have to say, I am not an uber PvPer. My gear is "ok" not amazing. I am not battlemaster yet. And yet these things I've listed are not hard things to get your head around. But they happen all the time.

Losing because you've been out geared or outplayed, well that's fair enough. It is the essence of PvP. But losing because of a few idiots making such basic mistakes is just frustrating.

Ok well, so I had to throw this out there. Vent a little. Is there anything else about warzone pvp that annoys you? I'm not even going to mention that fail fest that is ilum...

Second pet hate. Idiots going into level 50 PvP with like 11k HP. Quite often it's these players that cry about losing, and camp safe objectives just to get some defender points.

All it takes is a few days of dailies and you can easily get over 13k HP. Yes that is not amazing. You do not have expertise and you will get killed pretty easy. But getting rank 51 hilts/barrels/armour patches makes a hell of a difference. Spending some creds on some mods/enhancements costs very little in the long run.

But 11k HP means you are wearing level 40 gear or less. This is NOT acceptable! Especially when it is so easy to get level 50 gear. It's people like this that mostly cause your side to lose. You are expecting to be boosted. **** and put some effort in.

i totally disagree on this for an understandable reason for quitting.

when i hit 50 i had only 8000 credits over, well i had 12k hp and not 11 (and in my case i had 1000:1000 + one bag ready but this is not the point of my post).

many people are facing the same situation. they then start pvping in 50 bracket to get some gear. and they do not want to waste time getting money for some stuff they are throwing away in a few days.

so you just have to live with that.

oh and not to forget: i lost more matches due to quite well equipped players being stupid than due to equip imbalance between the two teams. consider that the other teams also has to support low equipped players, it is not only your team!

p.s. but to add something to the topic of situation i am thinking abuot to rage quit:

me running as the first one in alterac to the left cannon. and another or even two other players are following.

while we all see at the horizont a few enemies coming to us, i see the other (twos) jumping around me awaiting the enemies to arrive instead of stopping them BEFORE they get in rage to interrupt my tapping.

i see this happing in 70% of all matches when i am not the only one going left. i would prefer all my teamates having only 11khp but having the iq to catch the enemy before they can stop me tapping. with that iq we would win 90% of the matches even totally outgeared.

i totally disagree on this for an understandable reason for quitting.

when i hit 50 i had only 8000 credits over, well i had 12k hp and not 11 (and in my case i had 1000:1000 + one bag ready but this is not the point of my post).

many people are facing the same situation. they then start pvping in 50 bracket to get some gear. and they do not want to waste time getting money for some stuff they are throwing away in a few days.

so you just have to live with that.

oh and not to forget: i lost more matches due to quite well equipped players being stupid than due to equip imbalance between the two teams. consider that the other teams also has to support low equipped players, it is not only your team!

p.s. but to add something to the topic of situation i am thinking abuot to rage quit:

me running as the first one in alterac to the left cannon. and another or even two other players are following.

while we all see at the horizont a few enemies coming to us, i see the other (twos) jumping around me awaiting the enemies to arrive instead of stopping them BEFORE they get in rage to interrupt my tapping.

i see this happing in 70% of all matches when i am not the only one going left. i would prefer all my teamates having only 11khp but having the iq to catch the enemy before they can stop me tapping. with that iq we would win 90% of the matches even totally outgeared.

Even if you do not do the group quests. It takes 2-4 days of dailies to get full level 51 hilts/barrels/armour patches.

This will also easily net you 300-600k credits. More than enough to fill out your mods/enhancements. This gear will be the same level, and have better stats on it than centurion gear. No expertise, but still vastly better than wearing worse than level 40 gear!

So no I do not accept that excuse at all. It's lazyness pure and simple.

The whole issue about people not stopping an enemy from interupting your cap I would lump under the "Poor objective play" point. And for what it's worth I agree with you.

People in good gear are just as capable of failing at this as those in poor gear.

Ok my first pet hate is the rage quitters. Of course this is getting kind of fixed in the next patch. But it is still damn annoying now and has been for ages. I can almost guarantee that even after the upcoming changes it will still happen. Ok not as much, but will still occur.

In my opinion, the only time it's even remotely justified is if you enter a complete lose fest because of some other rage quitter. Speaking for myself, I will still stay and try to get some kills done, but it feels a lot like having to clean up someone elses mess.

This is especially frustrating when a close match becomes a pasting because you are two people down cos of cry babies.

Seriously, if you are not prepared to lose then do not go into pvp. Grow up FFS.

As a sentinel I find healers and get on them. If there's only one healer I will kill them. But invariably there's more than one. If I focus one, the other heals them and visa versa.

During all this, in a pug, what are my supposed team mates doing? Thats right, mindless failing to kill some randomer and completely ignoring the people stood there spam healing.

Can you not notice the fact that your targets health is not dropping? Can you not see those people stood there healing them? I simply do not get it.

And the funny/tragic thing is that quite often people will start saying in ops things like "They have way better gear than us". But they don't. They just do things like focus their DPS on the right things, they don't run around achieving next to nothing...

Fourth pet hate. Poor objective play/communication. This is especially noticeable in Alderaan, but also happens a lot in voidstar. Huttball can be won by two or three skilled players working together. Having one or two idiots can hurt you, but wont definately cause you to lose.

In Alderaan I've lost count of the number of times this has happened. We've had control of one turret. A bunch of us have gone and zerged another one. We finally take it. I look up and see we've lost the first because some idiots left it completely undefended... Or at the very least totally failed to report incoming.

And then the opposite is true as well. Almost the entire enemy team is zerging say the centre. It gets reported in ops they are hitting centre. WHY is there 3-4 people stood on the left doing literally nothing??? One or maybe two people, who report incoming are all that's needed. And sometimes even two is too many...

Same with doors on voidstar. Failing to defend one door, or allowing ninja caps by letting the enemy team to bring you away from it. Or failing to report incoming. It's not hard! Going in and stopping a cap then imediately dying is much much much better than killing tons of people but not stopping a cap when you could have done.

I have to say, I am not an uber PvPer. My gear is "ok" not amazing. I am not battlemaster yet. And yet these things I've listed are not hard things to get your head around. But they happen all the time.

Losing because you've been out geared or outplayed, well that's fair enough. It is the essence of PvP. But losing because of a few idiots making such basic mistakes is just frustrating.

Ok well, so I had to throw this out there. Vent a little. Is there anything else about warzone pvp that annoys you? I'm not even going to mention that fail fest that is ilum...

You hate rage quitters? What about people who simply don't want to play a given WZ and have no choice in the matter?

Wasn't aware that level 50 PvP had so many sacred cows - don't do this, don't do that.

People stand at left doing nothing because in their mind the alternative is to rage quit. I rage at the same stupidity that you do. My guess is we respond in different ways - you yell at them and I go relatively passive.

When I'm healing people and my teammates ignore me, standing protecting the objective, simply to chase red nametags I realize the battle is lost and it doesn't matter much what I do.

Additionally, the way CW is set up, once you are at 50% of the other team, you cannot win without 3 capping for a significant amount of time and then holding two for the rest of the game.

Perhaps Pyrrhic victories are fun for some. I'd rather just get the blasted thing over with and requeue in hopes that the next goldfish bowl will have slightly more capable goldfish. (Myself included).

ya because people should have to spend 2-4 days of dailies before joining the lvl 50 brackets riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

quit being so selfish

I would rather spend those days gaining comms and getting more champ bags then doing some **** pve dailies. Please nobody listen to this guy and join the 50 brackets as soon as you hit 50.

You hate rage quitters? What about people who simply don't want to play a given WZ and have no choice in the matter?

Wasn't aware that level 50 PvP had so many sacred cows - don't do this, don't do that.

People stand at left doing nothing because in their mind the alternative is to rage quit. I rage at the same stupidity that you do. My guess is we respond in different ways - you yell at them and I go relatively passive.

When I'm healing people and my teammates ignore me, standing protecting the objective, simply to chase red nametags I realize the battle is lost and it doesn't matter much what I do.

Additionally, the way CW is set up, once you are at 50% of the other team, you cannot win without 3 capping for a significant amount of time and then holding two for the rest of the game.

Perhaps Pyrrhic victories are fun for some. I'd rather just get the blasted thing over with and requeue in hopes that the next goldfish bowl will have slightly more capable goldfish. (Myself included).

If you que for a warzone, you should play what's given to you. If you get one you do not like, man up and play it like you mean it then go on to the next one. I'm not terribly fond of huttball but I will still play it.

Saying that, someone coming into a warzone that has not started yet then leaving because they do not like it is not my definition of rage quitting. And it's not too bad really. You "probably" wont cause your team to lose.

Rage quitting is leaving part or most of the way into a warzone, because you are losing.

Rage at people? I don't rage at people. I've posted a list of things on forums that annoy me about pvp. The only thing I say in ops is reporting incs. You might say this post is here because I don't rage at people. Call it catharsis...

Defeatist attitudes are why a lot of warzones are lost.

It annoys me, as I quite frequently have to pvp ALL night to get my daily done.

And a lot of that is due to people giving up. Needlessly.

A pyrrhic victory? Sorry what? How on earth can you have one of those on this game? Pyrrhic victory means you win but it costs so much that you effectively lose...

What have you lost if you win a difficult warzone? Ten minutes? I am honestly at a loss...

So what you are saying is that you only enjoy warzones where you steam roller the enemy?

Speaking personally winning hard games, or games you should not technically have won are all the sweeter.

Hell, even closely losing a game, but making them really work hard for it are vastly better in my opinion than bending over and taking one like a pansy...

Even if, as you say in alderaan and you cant win without three bases. Just giving up is so fail. At the very least you can go get some kills.

ya because people should have to spend 2-4 days of dailies before joining the lvl 50 brackets riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

quit being so selfish

I would rather spend those days gaining comms and getting more champ bags then doing some **** pve dailies. Please nobody listen to this guy and join the 50 brackets as soon as you hit 50.

Go into pvp as soon as you ding 50 by all means. But ONLY getting gear from pvp, when it is so rediculously easy to bring it up to acceptable levels with minimal effort doesn't make you a good pvper.

It's fail and very very selfish.

If you do an hour or so of dailies per day, on top of your pvp. You will get to 13-14k hp in 2-4 days easily. If you only pvp then it will take a lot longer.

And if you put that tiny little bit of effort in outside of pvp, you will be less likely to cause your team to lose, making it much easier to get said pvp gear... It's not rocket science.

Thought his was going to be a thread on pets in pvp and how annoying it is that select next friendly always selects pets. I feel mislead.

The word your looking for is pet peeves, sir. Or "what grinds your gears" is also acceptable.

Sorry for missleading you. But where I come from a "pet hate" is exactly what I intended the topic title to mean.

Pet peeve? Really???? XD

Strange. I pre-ordered, and never did get a full set of purple gear at lvl 50. How did you accomplish this?

As a matter of fact, I'm a healer and all purple except for 3 loaded orange pieces. I roll with 13.5k HP and was actually asked by a tool on my server why my HP was not 17k. He, of course, was in Battlemaster gear.

Keep in mind that not everyone you've queued with has been PvPing for weeks.

You guys are forgetting that in order to do your dailies, you have to be done with your class quests. When I hit 50, I just started Voss lol ( I pvp a lot and overleveled) It would've taken me another 2-3 days or so of questing to be done with the rest of my class quests. then another 2-3 days to do dailies to get mods. Sorry guys, but I wasnt gonna do that.

Trick is to get 1000/1000 commendations and get 6 bags (1 saved in your inventory). You'll be able to get 2-3 pieces of Centurian and maybe a couple of champ relics or implants. you might get lucky and get a champ token as well. giving you 250-300 or so expertise and enough HP to not die in 2 hits. Youre not gonna be awesome, but its enough. Within a week, you'll be in full Centurian gear.

when i hit 50 i had only 8000 credits over

I have a question - how is that even possible? Where did you spend all those credits? When I hit 49 on my first character, I had full set of purple lev 49 gear and mods (and ofc facerolled all WZ I was in while wearing this equip;) ).

Sure, I didnt spend 600-700k buying tier2 and 3 of speeders, because I personaly assume that moving 10% faster OUT of combat is way less important than getting best gear available FOR combat. Using tier I speeder since lev 27 - a bit boring. Having 11k hp and being 3 shotted by everyone and 2 shoted by burst specialists - extremaly annoying.

Ofc, your experience may vary.

Wait....So I have to PVE grind some more to PVP?

This is another area the BW completely failed in. There should be some start lvl 50 gear that can be bought along the way to 50 to allow people a slim fighting chance.

As pointed out most people don't have any cash after hitting 50 and training.

Why is Rakata gear being intermingled with pvp gear? Non pvp gear should see a huge nerf in pvp areas. pvp gear should reign supreme in the pvp areas. If you want to pve then swap out your gear and pve.

Do you attempt to communicate in chat and point out targets or help people? If not then you are as much of the problem as they are. Just because you know something do not assume everyone else does. I can't tell you the number of times I yell at people not to chase 1/2 dead players across the map and focus on the prize.

In CW if we only have one node and need to take another, most times you can't afford to keep two at the other node, which does lend to a ninja cap when you send the other to help.

If you are not communicating with the other node how are they to know how good or bad the battle is going?

I have been sent to help the other side to get about half way and we take it and I have to sprint back to the other node and hope you can get there before the enemy.

I am in the fire service and 90 percent of issues we have on the fireground are caused by a communications failure of one type or another. These failures are not just a fireground problem, communication failures have wide felt effects in all aspects of life including gaming.

Maybe you are a better mind reader than I am .........

is this irony or hypocrisy? i always get the two mixed up on these boards since i see so much of them

Quit a bunch yesterday when fighting 8 vs 9 or 10. I quit hutball all the time as my class is absolute garbage in it. So if they put a quit cooldown on wz's that suck or have bugs because you cannot figure out how to count people you allowed in a zone, oh freaking well. I won't sub to this bug ridden game.

Strange. I pre-ordered, and never did get a full set of purple gear at lvl 50. How did you accomplish this?

As a matter of fact, I'm a healer and all purple except for 3 loaded orange pieces. I roll with 13.5k HP and was actually asked by a tool on my server why my HP was not 17k. He, of course, was in Battlemaster gear.

Keep in mind that not everyone you've queued with has been PvPing for weeks.

I spent 2-4 days doing some simple quests along side doing my pvp. I was basically in full purple gear inside 4 days, be that orange gear with purple bits in or whatever.

I am well aware how long some of these people have been PvPing. I dont make these complaints out of thin air. I make them because I SEE people repeatedly going into pvp with gear that is level 40 or lower. ALL week long or longer. When I zone into a warzone, I check out my team mates. If I see someone with pathetic HP I mentally note their name. Populations are relatively small, I don't know about you but I get to know team mate and enemy names. I get to know the names of the ops chat spammers. The people that feel it's necessary to give completely stupid orders. I get to know the people that always rage quit. There's this one guy, he has decent gear. As soon as it may even seem like the warzone could be lost he's gone.. He almost leaves a trail of fire behind him he leaves so fast. I wouldn't mind so much but people leaving, especially at the wrong time, destroys any chance you may have had. I've seen people that have been gimping warzone groups for literally weeks, they get some pvp gear and yet in some slots they are still wearing level 30 something greens... Honestly, how hard is it, or how much does it cost to get something that's at least level 50?

It goes the other way too, I get to know the names of people who do well in PvP as well. There's a couple of healers on my server that I LOVE. When they are in the group I feel good. I like to stick with them and try to keep them safe, as I know if I can help keep them up, they will help keep me up.

I'm not expecting the world. 13k hp is easily achieveable with very little effort. And it's not just the hp, that is merely a symptom of the problem, it's all the stats including armour rating and how hard your weapon hits. I know for a fact that the difference is massive.

You guys are forgetting that in order to do your dailies, you have to be done with your class quests. When I hit 50, I just started Voss lol ( I pvp a lot and overleveled) It would've taken me another 2-3 days or so of questing to be done with the rest of my class quests. then another 2-3 days to do dailies to get mods. Sorry guys, but I wasnt gonna do that.

Trick is to get 1000/1000 commendations and get 6 bags (1 saved in your inventory). You'll be able to get 2-3 pieces of Centurian and maybe a couple of champ relics or implants. you might get lucky and get a champ token as well. giving you 250-300 or so expertise and enough HP to not die in 2 hits. Youre not gonna be awesome, but its enough. Within a week, you'll be in full Centurian gear.

That's a fair enough point really. But the point is, despite not being able to do dailies, you put the effort into not sucking. I assume you were actually wearing mostly level 50 gear.

I have a question - how is that even possible? Where did you spend all those credits? When I hit 49 on my first character, I had full set of purple lev 49 gear and mods (and ofc facerolled all WZ I was in while wearing this equip;) ).

Sure, I didnt spend 600-700k buying tier2 and 3 of speeders, because I personaly assume that moving 10% faster OUT of combat is way less important than getting best gear available FOR combat. Using tier I speeder since lev 27 - a bit boring. Having 11k hp and being 3 shotted by everyone and 2 shoted by burst specialists - extremaly annoying.

Ofc, your experience may vary.

To be fair, credits can be tight when you first hit 50. But as I've said before, it takes soooo little effort to sort that out. You should be easily able to get 150-200k credits per day. Thats 6-8 mods/enhancements at top top end prices, on my server at least. A mere drop in the ocean. Even if you throw them away a week later (unlikely) it is still worth it.

But yes I am with you, in that it is a horrible experience being a free kill... I do not understand why people would not want to stop being one as soon as humanly possible. When it is so so so easy.

Wait....So I have to PVE grind some more to PVP?

This is another area the BW completely failed in. There should be some start lvl 50 gear that can be bought along the way to 50 to allow people a slim fighting chance.

As pointed out most people don't have any cash after hitting 50 and training.

Why is Rakata gear being intermingled with pvp gear? Non pvp gear should see a huge nerf in pvp areas. pvp gear should reign supreme in the pvp areas. If you want to pve then swap out your gear and pve.

Do you attempt to communicate in chat and point out targets or help people? If not then you are as much of the problem as they are. Just because you know something do not assume everyone else does. I can't tell you the number of times I yell at people not to chase 1/2 dead players across the map and focus on the prize.

In CW if we only have one node and need to take another, most times you can't afford to keep two at the other node, which does lend to a ninja cap when you send the other to help.

If you are not communicating with the other node how are they to know how good or bad the battle is going?

I have been sent to help the other side to get about half way and we take it and I have to sprint back to the other node and hope you can get there before the enemy.

I am in the fire service and 90 percent of issues we have on the fireground are caused by a communications failure of one type or another. These failures are not just a fireground problem, communication failures have wide felt effects in all aspects of life including gaming.

Maybe you are a better mind reader than I am .........

If you gave a damn about actually performing then yes you wouldn't go into pvp basically naked. It's hardly grinding... Grinding is spending all night losing warzones and struggling to achieve your pvp daily because half your team is massively under geared and acting like idiots.

I'm not getting into the rakata issue. PvP/PvE gear balance is always an issue on games that have PvP and PvE. Should you be able to clear ops in centurion/champion gear? I dont think so, but you can easily.

Targets? Help people? Are you talking to me or also venting something that annoys you? As poor objective play/communication is on my list..

I mark healers, but I cant make people focus them. I call incs and respond to calls. I suggest objective switches. But I cant make 4 people stop defending a safe node, or make at least one person stay to defend one, assuming I am unable to do so myself. I really shouldn't have to tell people it's a bad idea to leave a node completely undefended...

is this irony or hypocrisy? i always get the two mixed up on these boards since i see so much of them

Fair enough, you totally mirked me there... I am QQing. But at least this is the place to do it rather than spamming ops chat whilst you pointlessly defend a safe node.

Quit a bunch yesterday when fighting 8 vs 9 or 10. I quit hutball all the time as my class is absolute garbage in it. So if they put a quit cooldown on wz's that suck or have bugs because you cannot figure out how to count people you allowed in a zone, oh freaking well. I won't sub to this bug ridden game.

Fancy that bugs in an MMO thats a couple of months old... This game is buggy. But then thats true of tons of games.

What class are you? I cannot think of one that cant do just fine in huttball. It's my least favorite warzone, but I will still play it and do it was well as I can.

If people quit the game because of a cooldown on quitting from warzones then good riddance. See ya, enjoy Hello Kitty Online or whatever you end up doing.