5k single hit achievable in endgame?

Syrocc

Hey guys. So, I've been doing some testing with all 3 spec trees to see which one has the biggest single hit capabilities for marauders/sentinels.

I'm actually playing a sentinel now, but since the classes are mirrored, it shouldn't matter (and there are more marauders, so figured I'd ask here).

The highest single hit I've done (without stims, outside buffs and so on) was 3.5k. I'm at capped (500) expertise now, in full centurion/champion gear.

With Annihilation/Watchman spec, I didn't seem to be able to hit that hard. The Focus/Rage build seems to have a really strong AOE hit, I did my highest hit with it, but it's a bit of a slacker build in 1vs1 fights, and force management seems to be a lot harder as well. The Carnage/Combat spec is the one I'm the least experienced with, I respecced for that now, but can't seem to be able to do hits higher than 3k.

So, bottom line is - which spec seems to have the highest hitting skill, and can you hit 5k+? I assume that a full Battlemaster geared char can do 5k hits on a lvl 50 without any expertise, but that's a pretty rare scenario, most fights happen between Centurion or Champion equipped chars.

Also, any input on what spec has the highest burst, or Combat/Carnage spec rotation is welcome. I won't ask which is the best spec, because there's no answer to that, and people are subjective. Playing with all 3, they all seem viable, each having a distinct advantage in some WZ's.

Hey guys. So, I've been doing some testing with all 3 spec trees to see which one has the biggest single hit capabilities for marauders/sentinels.

I'm actually playing a sentinel now, but since the classes are mirrored, it shouldn't matter (and there are more marauders, so figured I'd ask here).

The highest single hit I've done (without stims, outside buffs and so on) was 3.5k. I'm at capped (500) expertise now, in full centurion/champion gear.

With Annihilation/Watchman spec, I didn't seem to be able to hit that hard. The Focus/Rage build seems to have a really strong AOE hit, I did my highest hit with it, but it's a bit of a slacker build in 1vs1 fights, and force management seems to be a lot harder as well. The Carnage/Combat spec is the one I'm the least experienced with, I respecced for that now, but can't seem to be able to do hits higher than 3k.

So, bottom line is - which spec seems to have the highest hitting skill, and can you hit 5k+? I assume that a full Battlemaster geared char can do 5k hits on a lvl 50 without any expertise, but that's a pretty rare scenario, most fights happen between Centurion or Champion equipped chars.

Also, any input on what spec has the highest burst, or Combat/Carnage spec rotation is welcome. I won't ask which is the best spec, because there's no answer to that, and people are subjective. Playing with all 3, they all seem viable, each having a distinct advantage in some WZ's.

my record is as carnage/combat acctually ... it was with forcescream 4.6k but im full rakata too so that boosts my dmg alot... try it out tho it might surprise you

I have started getting the 5k hit medal now. I'm more or less full champion gear with Rakata weapons. However, I can only get the 5k medal using Annihilate on a very squishy sorc/sagee with Bloodthirst (Inspiration for sentinels), Rakata Power Adrenal (I'm cheap and don't want to spend expertise adrenals lawl) and Power Relic up (naturally I have Rakata Might Stim on me at all times, though I've got 5k medal without my stim once). Though I only have about 2-3 chances per game to get it and during Bloodthirst I also want to try getting the 2.5k heal medal since i spec for Unleash in Rage. Sometimes there aren't any squishy enough sorcs or sages in my game even.

To be honest, I'd say that you more or less have to have full Rakata gear or full BM gear to get the 5k hit medal reliably, which is kinda silly since you don't need valor in the same way after Rank 60. 1.1.5 couldn't arrive too soon!

500 expertise isn't capped. And as far as getting 5k crits goes, it should be doable in any of the specs. Just stack your buffs. Easiest targets will obviously be those in light armor with little expertise, since our 3 biggest hits (Annihilate, Force Scream, and Smash) are all kinetic or energy based attacks, which are mitigated by armor.

Rage is still viable 1v1.. just gotta remember melee attacks inbetween smash's arent your enemies you still do decent melee.. Also would liek to add champ from bm gear is hardly a upgrade, i mean im sure it helps but full champ and rage you can break 5k ez.

But you can get 5k easy with rage, use a power relic.. power stim.. find a squishy, my rule of thumb is smash everything in sight if i break 4k on a guy, i know who to use my relic and stim on now. Id say about a 75% chance of hitting that 5k medal in each game..

Ive gotten close also on anni/carnage aswell.. altho i have never broke 5k i see it possible with the annihilation top tier attack forget the name and force scream for carnage.

So the answer for your question, highest burst damages deff is rage, plus you do it to multiple targets.. in most wz situations your not gonna run into too many 1v1's it happens but with ilum or any wz people tend to be grouped up and you wrecking a group of people for chunks of damage is going to help your group out more then a single person focusing spec.. plus its just cool when a group of 3 or more people who half are low in health and you just dropped them all from a single smash.

Edited by Brightbillatb

my record is as carnage/combat acctually ... it was with forcescream 4.6k but im full rakata too so that boosts my dmg alot... try it out tho it might surprise you

I too carnage build and hit a 5k forcescream crit in pve.

But after the surge nerf, barely get 3k now.

It's pretty tough, and you're not alone here. I've been saying that for a while now that a class such as ours, pure DPS, should be able to hit this medal quite easily. Not saying to make it that simple, but we shouldnt have to have the stars align for it to happen. As far as the best spec to be able to do it on? Probably Carnage. If you pop your relic, adrenal and Bloodthirst, then Gore and Force Scream, you should be able to do it. The key is to make sure that Execute is active to get the extra 10% Damage to Force Scream. If you have all of those things you should be close to 5k. I have hit people in full BM gear for 4700 with this combo.

But while that medal is cool? With Carnage spec I was capable of getting 6 Medals in VS or Huttball, and 8 medals in CW(Defender Medals) whereas with Annihilation spec I get 8 Medals in HB/VS and 10 Medals in CW because im capable of the 300k damage and 75k healing one everytime now. With Carnage, the stars would have to align for me to get 300k since I was very squishy. I would assume that once you start seeing new gear, like Warhero Gear or something, that medal is just going to happen when you least expect it to. I stopped "trying" for it because I found myself always trying to set up for the one big hit, which got derailed 75% of the time anyway from a stun, knockback or something like that.

With the new patch coming, your going to want to focus on the first 4 medals, and everything after that is gravy. The problem with Annihilation is you wont see the 5k hit medal. Even though Annihilate is technically the hardest hitting move we have, it's also just "Weapon Damage" so it's not affected by any Force related buffs such as Malice or Execute. You're lucky to see 4k on that one.

The problem with Annihilation is you wont see the 5k hit medal. Even though Annihilate is technically the hardest hitting move we have, it's also just "Weapon Damage" so it's not affected by any Force related buffs such as Malice or Execute. You're lucky to see 4k on that one.

You can see 5k annihilate crits. It's kinetic damage, and mitigated by armor, but so is force scream and smash. Even though they're force attacks, they're still energy based, so armor mitigated. Malice only affects crit chance (of force attacks), not crit damage, and even though there aren't any real builds that use ataru form with an annihilate centric build, annihilate would benefit from execute, since it is a rage spending attack. Execute does not stipulate that it be a force attack.

A moot point though, since juyo at 5 stacks is 10% damage, which would be the same as the 10% damage from execute.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

Well, I've been able to pass the 300k dmg barrier multiple times using Focus, especially on VS. Problem is, making up my mind is so damn hard, each of the specs has something I want. For instance, the no-range limit on Force Leap with Watchman/Anihilation is an insanely good interrupt and is more or less the key to killing healers (for me anyway). Thenagain, I've done over 20k dmg with one button using Rage/Focus.

So, bottom line is, that doing 5k is possible, but is actually really really hard? At least I have an aim to reach now. It still is a bit sad that a class that can only and purely dps has such a rough time getting a medal that should be designed for this class. Pretty annoying to see a tracer missile/grav round spammer get this medal a lot easier, and top it with another 3 medals from healing as well.

Oh well...at least the thought that we pretty much dominate 1vs1 fights is comforting to some extent. Too bad (sarcasm) pvp was designed around mass fights.

If you want the 5k medal every match here is what you need to do. (I get this medal 9/10 wzs, and actually hit for 6k+ at least once in most games)

First off, spec rage.

Go biochem for rakata stim(power).

Use POWER relic, not surge.

For second relic, use Matrix Cube (since only relic usable at a time, we get more stats this way)

Stack power and surge on your gear.(Im valor rank 67 with mostly champ gear, most of it modified for surge/power, BM weapons, and social top to show off my tittays, but the piece is modded with full power/surge)

Find a sorc. (if you have done all of the above his expertise level will not matter, if they have a ton of expertise you will barely crack 5k, if they have little to none you're looking at 6k+)

Make sure he isn't guarded. Charge up your smash and let his bubble drop off. Its very hard to hit for 5k if the bubble is up, its not impossible, but its very hard. When you are ready to smash use your adrenals and relic.

Smash.

Profit?

Also make sure your target has over 5k hps left or you will not get credit for the medal. when I said I get this medal 9/10 matches, that 1/10 is usually because target didnt have enough hps for me to get credit and match ended before adrenals were back up. Sorc/sage is BY FAR the most likely candidate for this huge blow and since they are everywhere, you will have a shot in every match.

Nothing quite like getting 2.5k, 5k, 1v1, and killing blow all in a single keystroke, and Baron Deathmark announcing you as unbeatable in the first 20 seconds of a Huttball.

Edited by araphina

yes its much easier to get the 5k hit from rage smash.

but its not that hard to do with annihilate too (i play anni). i'm full battlemaster, with 550 expertise, sporting a matrix cube, rakata offhand remodded, and rakata belt augmented.

you will though, be required to stack some buffs. bloodthirst isnt always required if u grab the expertise powerup. i've hit 5k+ with picking up the expertise powerup, then popping relic and power adrenal. if i dont get to pick up the powerup, then i use a warzone adrenal, relic, and bloodthirst instead.

ofc you'd need to crit.

some things i've noticed, in proper geared games (ie enemy team are also geared with comparable expertise to me), then the 5k hit only/mostly happens on sorcs. but they're in abundance so no worries.

and for peeps saying "dont bother, u'll only need 4 medals", well the 5k hit is more of a personal achievement imo.

tho i've got 4 medals in a single hit before. killingblow, 1v1, 2.5k, 5k. and getting that is fun :)

Edited by thierryfying

Usually get an anni crit for 5-5.5k.

how?

the highest ive ever hit an annihilate was 50xx, and it was one time, with the WZ power up thing, rakata power adrenal, power relic, and bloodthirst, hitting a light armored (and i think undergeared as well) target

what is your bonus damage? and surge?

ive never even come close to hitting over 5k on a fully geared or med/heavy undergeared target

It doesn't hit 5-5.5k reliably.

It can, under the right circumstances(soft target, adrenals up, with a crit) achieve 5k medal, but it is very inconsistent.

The only marauder spec atm that can consistently get the 5k medal is Rage, because the spec allows you to control the RNG of crits.

It doesn't hit 5-5.5k reliably.

It can, under the right circumstances(soft target, adrenals up, with a crit) achieve 5k medal, but it is very inconsistent.

The only marauder spec atm that can consistently get the 5k medal is Rage, because the spec allows you to control the RNG of crits.

carnage can hit it pretty reliably as well, though not as easily as rage, you need to fully buff yourself up with adrenals and bloodthrist and your scream can hit 5k easy enough

i had a several 5300 screams when i was carnage last week for a handful of warzones

but ive been annihilation as my main spec since long before the surge nerf and since then ive topped 5k a grand total of 1 time (and spent quite a while actively trying to get the 5k medal during games) plenty of 4600-4700 hits, but thats generally the top end

i see 5k annihilate crits with a stim and bloodthirst, most of the time its around 4300 crits.

6.3k smash crits are my highest, again fully stim'd/bt'd

don't excpect it every match but you get em sometimes.

medals dont matter anyways, i wouldn't stress it as long as youre doing your job.

i see 5k annihilate crits with a stim and bloodthirst, most of the time its around 4300 crits.

6.3k smash crits are my highest, again fully stim'd/bt'd

don't excpect it every match but you get em sometimes.

medals dont matter anyways, i wouldn't stress it as long as youre doing your job.

i couldnt care less about medals at this point, im rank 67 and need 1 more BM comm to finish my gear

but when someone is claiming drastically higher damage numbers than i am getting i either want to know how they do it, so i can do it to, or i want to know that they are full of it, so i dont need to try to get those numbers

You can see 5k annihilate crits. It's kinetic damage, and mitigated by armor, but so is force scream and smash. Even though they're force attacks, they're still energy based, so armor mitigated. Malice only affects crit chance, not crit damage, and even though there aren't any real builds that use ataru form with an annihilate centric build, annihilate would benefit from execute, since it is a rage spending attack. Execute does not stipulate that it be a force attack.

A moot point though, since juyo at 5 stacks is 10% damage, which would be the same as the 10% damage from execute.

No. Annihilate is Weapon Damage, not Kenetic. It does not benefit from Malice or any force related buffs.

Nothing quite like getting 2.5k, 5k, 1v1, and killing blow all in a single keystroke, and Baron Deathmark announcing you as unbeatable in the first 20 seconds of a Huttball.

lol this ^

gotta love it

heres my average smash

http://i41.tinypic.com/10sevk0.jpg

8D

No. Annihilate is Weapon Damage, not Kenetic. It does not benefit from Malice or any force related buffs.

I guess I forgot to add that in there about the malice part, but at the time I was rushed, I'll edit it in. Yes, I know it's only force attacks. If you look at the guy I was quoting, he was under the impression that malice affected annihilate.

As for the damage type, there are only 4 types of damage. Kinetic, energy, internal, and elemental. Weapon damage falls under kinetic, so it is modified by armor rating.

edit: Ah, that was you I was quoting. Maybe you're misinformed about the way attacks work? There are 4 types of attacks, melee, ranged, force and tech. Which can then be divided again into damage types. For instance, Smash is a force based attack that does energy damage, while bleeds from deadly saber are force based attacks that do internal damage. Smash is mitigated by armor, deadly saber is not.

Annihilate is a melee type attack that does kinetic damage. Thus it is mitigated by armor. In the end, I was trying to point out a few things, the foremost being that 5k crits with annihilate are very possible.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

I guess I forgot to add that in there about the malice part, but at the time I was rushed, I'll edit it in. Yes, I know it's only force attacks. If you look at the guy I was quoting, he was under the impression that malice affected annihilate.

As for the damage type, there are only 4 types of damage. Kinetic, energy, internal, and elemental. Weapon damage falls under kinetic, so it is modified by armor rating.

edit: Ah, that was you I was quoting. Maybe you're misinformed about the way attacks work? There are 4 types of attacks, melee, ranged, force and tech. Which can then be divided again into damage types. For instance, Smash is a force based attack that does energy damage, while bleeds from deadly saber are force based attacks that do internal damage. Smash is mitigated by armor, deadly saber is not.

Annihilate is a melee type attack that does kinetic damage. Thus it is mitigated by armor. In the end, I was trying to point out a few things, the foremost being that 5k crits with annihilate are very possible.

Again, I think it is you that is confused here. If you read the tooltip for Smash it reads:

Smashes up to 5 enemies within 5 meters dealing 1117-1181 KINETIC Damage. Also stuns weak and standard targets for 1.5 seconds.

Now let's read Annihilate:

Strikes the target with both lightsabers for 2414-2890 WEAPON DAMAGE.

Im not going to write the rest there, but you get my point. Weapon Damage is not Force related. It is not Kinetic damage, because Kinetic damage is force damage. It is the simplest form of damage we can do. Weapon damage, ie white damage. It is not a melee attack that does kinetic damage. It is a melee attack that does weapon damage.

There is so much bad information going around on these forums its absolutely insane. Please, for the love of god, if you do not know what you're talking about, or are too lazy to go to a skill calculator to read the tooltip before posting your guesswork here? Please stop posting. Wrong information is what makes people hate their class and hate the game. Someone might read what you said and think oh Annihilate will benefit from all of this force related stats and it will NOT.

Edited by Ballfro

Weapon damage should be either kinetic or energy damage because it is modified by armor. I don't know if it's as simple as melee = kinetic and ranged = energy or what, but it has to be one or the other. Weapon damage does not ignore armor.

If it were Kinetic, or Energy damage it would say that it was Kinetic or Energy damage. That's basic stuff there. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that if it says it, it is it. If it doesnt say it? Its not it. I am having a hard time understanding why you feel the need to believe that it HAS to be one or the other when it is neither.