Biometric Crystal Alloy for non-pve players

Donreidy

I don't PVE nor do I feel like I should have to PVE to earn Biometric Crystal Alloy which ofcourse is used for many profressions including mine (Cybertech). Any possiblity of obtaining this another way in the future. Would love to be able to craft some items.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a word...NO!

How about we just start handing out PVP rewards in FP's and Ops as well then? Like Every boss has a chance to drop a champion bag.

See how stupid that sounds?

want to craft? run a few hardmodes, otherwise deal with it.

Edited by Facime

In a word...NO!

How about we just start handing out PVP rewards in FP's and Ops as well then? Like Every boss has a chance to drop a champion bag.

See how stupid that sounds?

want to craft? run a few hardmodes, otherwise deal with it.

I don't get this argument at all.

I'm not a PvP player, but even so I can understand making crafting materials like this available to PvP'ers.

Perhaps they can even go so far to release PvP exclusive gear(random drops from champion or quest bags?) that uses these items, so PvP'ers can still do the crafting thing if they so desire.

I really don't see why crafting should be seen as a PvE thing.

considering that pvp doesnt support crewskills in any other fashion why would it suddenly do so for something that you deem "important".

as to making them boe, im guessing they will. as soon as this tier of content is put out to pasture. in the meantime though they are already incredibly easy to get. if the item in question is worth it to you, put forth a bit of effort and go get it.

I don't PVE nor do I feel like I should have to PVE to earn Biometric Crystal Alloy which ofcourse is used for many profressions including mine (Cybertech). Any possiblity of obtaining this another way in the future. Would love to be able to craft some items.

Bottom line: You have a made a playing style choice. No one made it for you, therefore you entitlement post is without any kind of merit.

Sorry.

PVE - Player versus Environment

PVP - Player versus Player

Crew Skill - Crafting

These are elements of the game that are seperate from each other except when it comes to the rare mats dropping exclusively in PVE .

My first character is a biochem and i use it consistantly in PVP. only reason i PvE post 50 was to get the mats needed to make the things i wanted. With the changes comming in 1.2 the orange gear also requires these mats and can be used for cosmetic changes to pvp gear.

How any of you think that crafting is PVE centric is beyond me other than BW making these mats PVE centric, as the game is now, which is always changing.

I was crafting reusables lvl 380 stims and adrenals and using those in warzones. Once I learned about the alloys, I ran EV/KP a few times in normal so I could craft some of the rakata adrenals and stims.

The stims/adrenals are a must for pvp.

As much as I enjoy PVP, doing the normal/HM EV/KP runs are a good break from the valor grind. Also, in some cases the benefit you get from a Rakata piece out weighs the +50 expertise you get from the equivalent battlemaster piece in a PVP scenario.

I'd recommend getting both Rakata and Battlemaster gear and playing around with setups to get maximum damage or survivability depending on what you want to do.

As for alloys dropping outside of operations, I'm fine either way. It would be fine for it to drop outside of operations so the people who detest PVE so much can still craft stuff....but by not getting the Rakata gear, I think they are hurting themselves in PVP.

I dont like raiding 16 man nightmare Ops. Any chance of getting all the best loot from weak mobs on Ord Mantell?

I dont see why when I just like to kill grey mobs 49 levels lower than me that I should be penalised. I almost exclusively do this rather than PvE, PvP or Craft so I should be able to get them this way because I am the centre of the SWTOR world.

I was crafting reusables lvl 380 stims and adrenals and using those in warzones. Once I learned about the alloys, I ran EV/KP a few times in normal so I could craft some of the rakata adrenals and stims.

As much as I enjoy PVP, doing the normal/HM EV/KP runs are a good break from the valor grind. Also, in some cases the benefit you get from a Rakata piece out weighs the +50 expertise you get from the equivalent battlemaster piece in a PVP scenario.

I'd recommend getting both Rakata and Battlemaster gear and playing around with setups to get maximum damage or survivability depending on what you want to do.

As for alloys dropping outside of operations, I'm fine either way. It would be fine for it to drop outside of operations so the people who detest PVE so much can still craft stuff....but by not getting the Rakata gear, I think they are hurting themselves in PVP.

U are wrong. People with full BM are fine( columi/rakata is only for set bonus, if its good enough).

This is kind of funny, but I

PvPed just to get some champion gear...

so I could run hard modes...

so I could craft rakata relics....

so I can better PvP....

so I can get more champion gear...

so I can run more hard modes....

so I can crit a lightsaber...

so I can get some good PvE gear...

so I can better PvP...

so I can get some BM PvP gear...

so maybe I can run some ops...

:D

but no- I seriously don't understand why those mats are BoP

Edited by Cleet_Xia

I once hated how you could only get Biometric Crystal Alloys from PvE.

Then I started PvEing.

Rank 56 Vanguard, now PvE Tank for my guild (awaiting a replacement professional tank, so I can PvE with my alt).

Easy as heck to get those alloys. Here's a strange idea, PLAY THE GAME. You want alloys? Get the alloys. Get 3 other people (hard I know, socialization in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Absurd) and run are Hardmode Flashpoint. Full champion gear is 'good enough'.

Have fun.

your correct partly . there is another post about stats including expertise etc so i wont go into detail about these in this one, but with crits on orange crafted gear comming rakata gear or battle master are not king in some instance now and will be even less so after 1.2 i know many who use moddable belts and wrists with 25s in them that exceed either with the DR as it is.

OP don't bother pleading your case...doesn't matter that you spent the same time credits effort to get your crew skills to 400 just like the PVers or that Bio has mirrored everything else Gear Tiers/servers etc or that *gasp* you might have need for grenades or stims in PVP and that letting PVPers have their own means of obtaining it would have ZERO effect on their little world..

Because of this oversight by Bioware they think crafting is a PVe only despite statements from the devs saying otherwise...I've tried 4 hard modes this last week about 6 or 7 hours worth of ******** and still not one BCA and I really only want one...I'm not greedy.. just hope you get with some PVers that know what the **** they are doing I havent gotten that lucky yet.

Edited by Zekeiele

OP don't bother pleading your case...doesn't matter that you spent the same time credits effort to get your crew skills to 400 just like the PVers or that Bio has mirrored everything else Gear Tiers/servers etc or that *gasp* you might have need for grenades or stims in PVP and that letting PVPers have their own means of obtaining it would have ZERO effect on their little world..

Because of this oversight by Bioware they think crafting is a PVe only despite statements from the devs saying otherwise...I've tried 4 hard modes this last week about 6 or 7 hours worth of ******** and still not one BCA and I really only want one...I'm not greedy.. just hope you get with some PVers that know what the **** they are doing I havent gotten that lucky yet.

If other hardmodes seem to be giving you that much trouble if you've spent hours in just a few i would suggest doing hardmode bt/es which even for fresh 50s is the easiest thing in the world, tell the group to skip cutscenes and what would be an hour run turns into 20-25mins atmost.

Crafting is crafting. PvE is PvE. If anything, BW should add PvP-centric schematics to the crafting repertoire (Expertise rating stims, subjective to diminishing returns, non-set parts with Expertise, modification parts with Expertise, whatever), and allow high-level crafting materials to be accessible to dedicated PvPers (BM and higher, powerful crafted gear could have Valor requirements, etc, etc). Edited by Helig

If other hardmodes seem to be giving you that much trouble if you've spent hours in just a few i would suggest doing hardmode bt/es which even for fresh 50s is the easiest thing in the world, tell the group to skip cutscenes and what would be an hour run turns into 20-25mins atmost.

One of them was esseles haha I was the healer...the tank (seemed pretty knowledgable) said the green geared DPSers couldn't do enough damage to keep the first boss from "enraging" Whatever that is and we wiped 6 or 7 times ;) it was a lot of fun.