Healers getting Kill credit for people they heal?

GirraffeOnFire

from patch notes: Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy.

Am I the only DPS that thinks this is wrong?

I dont get medals for being healed, why should they get medals because I kill people?

Yes you might be the only one who thinks this is wrong....by being healed your able to kill MORE people, ergo, that healer HELPED YOU KILL THEM.

I know, I know....its hard to wrap your head around it. Logic can be tough sometimes.

from patch notes: Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy.

I dont get medals for being healed, why should they get medals because I kill people?

Because they aren't getting medals for you doing damage.

You get 4 damage dealing medals, 2.5k 5k hits, and 75k & 300k total.

They get 4 healind medals, 2.5k 5k heals, and 75k & 300k total.

The only difference was that you could also pretty easily get 10, and 25 kills, at least a lot easier than they could despite them arguably contributing more to the kill by healing you through their damage.

Edited by Aidank

Yes you might be the only one who thinks this is wrong....by being healed your able to kill MORE people, ergo, that healer HELPED YOU KILL THEM.

I know, I know....its hard to wrap your head around it. Logic can be tough sometimes.

Mean as this comment is, I found it hard not to laugh :D

This is a great change but I'm still not sure if I will bring out my Sage for anything other than premades. PUGs are never protect their healers

Edited by IronFirewind

I hope your pocket healers stop healing you for this stupid comment.

Let's see how many kills and medals you get then.

Because they aren't getting medals for you doing damage.

You get 4 damage dealing medals, 2.5k 5k hits, and 75k & 300k total.

They get 4 healind medals, 2.5k 5k heals, and 75k & 300k total.

The only difference was that you could also pretty easily get 10, and 25 kills, at least a lot easier than they could despite them arguably contributing more to the kill by healing you through their damage.

This is the answer I wanted. Thanks!

I've played dps and heals, and for a short bit, a tank.

Kills are kills. They are not killing blows, solo kills, or damage in one hit.

They represent an effort taken to neutralize a threat. Healers aid in this by patching up their damagers and tanks.

In short: Kills are a team effort. Dps medals and healer medals are separate things.

Idk probably has something to do with one of you being a selfish irrational brat.

OR

solid troll post.

this ^^^

This is the answer I wanted. Thanks!

Ok, OP has stated he now understands. It looks like this was an honest misunderstanding (For the record, I already get credit for kills on a tank if I taunted the target, just like you dps get credit for kills even if you didn't deal the killing blow).

We can stop insulting him and posting in this thread now.

you should pretty much quit the game. any healer can leech off my kills ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! their heals allow me to kill MORE!

Seriously .....

You know that green crap that you see flashing all over your screen while to leap frog away from your team and run head on into a mob of 4 enemy players ?

Yeah that's your healer fighting just to keep up with you, having to get close enough to cast a few heals before you leave us behind to get trampled and prance off again toward your "**** I'm so epic glory I killed 4 guys and scored on my own glory".

You actually have the nerve to complain that a healer will actually get an assist credit now for helping you to achieve your Rambo of the month medal you seem to be so apt to getting?

Wow ... I can say I've seen it all now ... from people crying in wz's because the healers can't heal them while there jet leaping from one end to the other or when they force run to friggin McDonald's to grab a burger before attempting to work as a team.

Now .. you complain because that guy throwing green **** all around is getting credit for helping you.

I seriously want to kick you in the head right now and throw some green crap at you just so you know who the f did it.

Drop the god complex and learn who's working 10x times harder than you in a wz and yet gets half if any credit toward anything.

Repost: Because people like you make me want to promote abstinence.

Best fix to game mechanics yet!

I will be going back to full healer on my Sorc due to this. I could not bare to try and get from BM to War-hero with the current system, but this is a step in the right direction.

Hopefully it will see healers return to WZs in a large way and we might have more interesting battles, rather than the side with the 2 healers = instant win, like it is now.

I love you.

This man gets it.

Thank god we have people like him.

Why can't everyone think like this.

I never will know why.

FIN

Because that you only need 4 medals anyway to max out the valor and commendation.

Unless you want to show your epeen how you can get 10+ medals over everyone else that means nothing to nobody even if you lose?

Then be my guest, I know one person less I have to heal even he is doing the objective.

Under the new system, any healer worth his salt ought to score a kill for every enemy that dies in Huttie and for every enemy that dies near his door/turret in VS/CW. The kill count as it stands is already a stupidly inflated figure, it will simply be worse now.

But contrary to some responses, there is a obvious reason why BW uses the kill count mechanism it does. It wants to promote PvP activity amongst those that would otherwise not attempt it. The surefire way to crush a PvP noob's desire to continue playing PvP is to present him with a series of 0 kill 10 death end screens - over and over again. The ToR kill count mechanism is specifically designed to avoid this "hurdle".

Even the wz valor and Ilum changes in 1.5 can be seen through this prism. They are simply a mechanism to allow casual PvP players to level and gear more rapidly than is currently possible. For more experienced PvP players there is really no effect. I will be Valor 90 two weeks after 1.5 is enacted. But otherwise there will be no marginal impact. This faster valor and even more so, the Ilum/wz substitution changes, are clear attempts to address the existing problems plaguing the Republic faction on many servers. It will ease the gearing curve for casual Repub players.

Whether it will make ToR PvP better in the long run is not so clear.

Edited by Macroecon