Powertech-Explosive Fuel

Felapton

Ok. This level 50th ability that's in a 120s cd. is a bit worthless for me.

An advanced class that has to be able to tank well gets something that takes forever to use and it's meant for crits? Please revise this ability and change out to something more useful.

suggestions? Group shielding, a temporary group guard or something that will help with mitigation or the the highly specialized and bragged about "Powertech's wear armor like a second skin". Just seems that a Juggernaut gets a 20s cd ability at 50th that is much better then what I can do.

Ok. This level 50th ability that's in a 120s cd. is a bit worthless for me.

An advanced class that has to be able to tank well gets something that takes forever to use and it's meant for crits? Please revise this ability and change out to something more useful.

suggestions? Group shielding, a temporary group guard or something that will help with mitigation or the the highly specialized and bragged about "Powertech's wear armor like a second skin". Just seems that a Juggernaut gets a 20s cd ability at 50th that is much better then what I can do.

Flame Shield grants Rocket Punch/Flame Sweep 15% crit chance. Flame Surge grants 30% crit damage bonus to said abilities. Flame Shield also lets Rocket Punch refresh 50% of the time you shield an attack. More Rocket Punch crits = more single target threat.

Explosive Fuel wasn't some asinine ability the devs thought Powertechs used for fun just because it sounded cool; they designed the ability to synergize well regardless of the spec you chose. There's a reason our level 50 ability is 25% crit and every single one of our trees has a 30% crit damage bonus to a select set of abilities.

It's absolutely astounding how so many people feel the devs of this game are just randomly picking ideas out of a hat and implementing them. Everything exists as it is for a reason; very few things have really fallen under their radar.

Wow this is one of the best burst dps self buffs in the game and ppl are still whining about it?

I guess that goes to show you when a class is well balanced, people will STILL find things to whine about.

An advanced class that has to be able to tank well gets something that takes forever to use and it's meant for crits?

you do realize that crits build agro and tanks need agro right?

Why would you want to put more iron on an iron-plated vehicle that can already survive any shot thrown at it.. when you could put nuclear rockets inside it instead?

btw you can't compare cooldowns side by side for jugg and PT, they are two COMPLETELY different classes that need COMPLETELY different cooldowns to be competitive.

Edited by Prolyfic

Instead of blasting him and being plan arrogant, why not just help the guy out with the information he needs to be better in a nice way? I mean really people, are you that angry at the world that you have to flame anyone that misses something?

I combine it with my Relics and get pretty over the top Crit bonus. Enough time to kill most... beside a Sage/Sorcerer. ;)

Also, for those who use a Macro Keyboard.. NOT THAT I DO... you can pop them both with one key and ready up for some crazy crits.

Instead of blasting him and being plan arrogant, why not just help the guy out with the information he needs to be better in a nice way? I mean really people, are you that angry at the world that you have to flame anyone that misses something?

actually I did, I wrote a post about why he shouldnt compare cooldowns between jugg and pt as a basis for analysis and linked it into my sig so it would be very easy to find

and my frustration comes from seeing different people say the same things over and over. that's why I put it in my sig.

people come to a forum for discussion and knowledge, but then just want to have their question answered immediately without reading anything

actually I did, I wrote a post about why he shouldnt compare cooldowns between jugg and pt as a basis for analysis and linked it into my sig so it would be very easy to find

and my frustration comes from seeing different people say the same things over and over. that's why I put it in my sig.

people come to a forum for discussion and knowledge, but then just want to have their question answered immediately without reading anything

Fair enough.

Explosive Fuel + Adrenal + Relic + Death from Above = BURN SUCKERS!

This combo wrecks multiples and is a big part of the reason why DPS Powertechs are this game's biggest secret, especially in PvP.

And to the OP, learn to play. If you didn't know that crits help build threat for tank classes then you need to do a bit more homework before coming to the forums to QQ.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.