Asia Pacific Server Names and Launch Timing

StephenReid

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting with 3 servers is the best move IMO, people are thinking about over population, what if they decided to have 6-7 servers the asia pacific group will spread out amongst them and we may not have any servers with a decent amount of players. This way we are guaranteed to have servers with a high population and if it becomes too much more will be opened.

More players are better than less players imo.

How is it Singaporean server when the server is physically located in Australia ? the ping would be worse than US...

"Oceanic Server Names and Launch Timing"

wonder why they changed it to "Asia Pacific" now though.

i did see when the thread title was "Oceanic" and really it was more appropriate than it is now.

This is briliant, I just hope that those emails get out soon becuase the lag on my imperial server is killing me.

Also when is the digital upgrade pack price going to be fixed?

The FAQ states that it will be arround $10 aus but when I go to pay for it it comes up as $30

Edited by Darkfiretiger

Stephen/Bioware,

Please provide an update on what happens with our Legacy points ASAP. The community has been requesting this info for weeks now. Why is it so hard to get this info??

Also as our friends in EU/US cannot come, can you please give some indication on when wider server transfers will be implemented.

Our guild wont be taking up the offer to transfer as we cant bring our friends with us - bit of a gap in the implemenation if you ask me but a real sticking point for many AU players in mix US/EU guilds.

To end on a high note, thanks for support AU servers as I really think this will be great but somewhat soured right now because of the above concerns that you will simply NOT communicate to the community on.

Cheers.

Really looking forward to this

After playing mmos for about 8 years on us based servers - really hoping to see the lower latency and general stability

Just hoping to find a guild on the PVE server that will do ops in the AEST evenings at about 7.30pm to 8 start - and not too hardcore

I think the comment earlier - at least on The Harbringer - does not seem to be many guilds that are run by people who are experienced at running a guild which raids

Stephen/Bioware,

Please provide an update on what happens with our Legacy points ASAP. The community has been requesting this info for weeks now. Why is it so hard to get this info??

Also as our friends in EU/US cannot come, can you please give some indication on when wider server transfers will be implemented.

Our guild wont be taking up the offer to transfer as we cant bring our friends with us - bit of a gap in the implemenation if you ask me but a real sticking point for many AU players in mix US/EU guilds.

To end on a high note, thanks for support AU servers as I really think this will be great but somewhat soured right now because of the above concerns that you will simply NOT communicate to the community on.

Cheers.

from the FAQ at http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115

How do I know if I qualify for the free character transfers?

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com Code Redemption Center.

Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers.

had they changed their address to a valid one from Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia or Sheep Land before the designated date they would of qualified for the transfer. It's what some Americans did in the Oceanic guild I am in.

from the FAQ at http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400115

had they changed their address to a valid one from Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia or Sheep Land before the designated date they would of qualified for the transfer. It's what some Americans did in the Oceanic guild I am in.

Hey mate, this is not what the info says. It specifically says only those with original registration address can transfer. So changing it should make no difference at all. Probabily too late now anyways but can you confirm this trick worked?

If this is the case then this will make me very angry that we are lied to like this by Bioware PR team.

Hey mate, this is not what the info says. It specifically says only those with original registration address can transfer. So changing it should make no difference at all. Probabily too late now anyways but can you confirm this trick worked?

If this is the case then this will make me very angry that we are lied to like this by Bioware PR team.

The theory sounded plausible but, yeah, too late now.

We won't know if it worked for those who tried until the emails come out "Soon™"

Also what happend to the RP-PvP server?

^ This.

To all those that are saying that "at least we have 1 of each server type". We don't.

There is no RP-PvP server listed there, which for me and certainly more than a few others, would have been the server of choice for both community and server-type rules.

Any update on when this will become available? And if so, will those like me, be offered free transfers of our toons to that server?

Owww.. no more excuse in PVP when you die: "Laggggggggggggggg" :D

Can't wait for tonight. I hope we don't have (or long) queues considering everyone will be bundled in one server for each game type

are you on republic if so i look forward to killing you ;)

p.s lots of people need to read the asia pacific threads cause the same questions getting asked and aked over and over again ,im sick of reading the same post 4 to 5 times lol

Edited by Wikileeks