CC in this game is driving me ******* crazy

Dee-Jay

I cannot express in words how much rage and frustration I experience in this game while PvP solely because of the excessive and frankly retarded number of crowd control effects.

I cannot fathom for the life of me how anyone could possibly justify having SO MUCH CC everywhere on such liberal cooldown.

Resolve does NOTHING do counter this, partially because it ignores knockbacks and roots, partially because you're dead before you're immun anyway. 9/10 times I believe Resolve might as well not exist.

The fact that most CC is also instant and thus unavoidable further contributes to the situation.

And hey, why not make all these stuns not break on damage, so you literally can't do anything while your character is being beat down by a bunch of enemies.

I hope hell has a special place reserved for however designed this cluster**** you call PvP.

I can live with buggy PvE encounters,

I can live with poorly conceived Crew Skills,

I can live with little content @ 50.

I can live with what little fun there is in Ilum,

But what I cannot stand is the amount of CC in this game. If there's ever a reason I quit, it will be this.

As was pointed out elsewhere, the real problem is that CC affects melee far more than ranged. Stuns, mez, etc affect everyone equally, but roots, snares, and the like affect melee far more than ranged (as ranged can still attack in these cases). Hence, there are far more ways to effectively render melee ineffective through CC than a ranged character. On a rage Jug, for instance, there is one CC breaker, on a 2 min cooldown, and tons of ways to negate their damage output.

I cannot express in words how much rage and frustration I experience in this game while PvP solely because of the excessive and frankly retarded number of crowd control effects.

I cannot fathom for the life of me how anyone could possibly justify having SO MUCH CC everywhere on such liberal cooldown.

Resolve does NOTHING do counter this, partially because it ignores knockbacks and roots, partially because you're dead before you're immun anyway. 9/10 times I believe Resolve might as well not exist.

The fact that most CC is also instant and thus unavoidable further contributes to the situation.

And hey, why not make all these stuns not break on damage, so you literally can't do anything while your character is being beat down by a bunch of enemies.

I hope hell has a special place reserved for however designed this cluster**** you call PvP.

But what I cannot stand is the amount of CC in this game. If there's ever a reason I quit, it will be this.

What he said!! I concur!!!!!!

As was pointed out elsewhere, the real problem is that CC affects melee far more than ranged. Stuns, mez, etc affect everyone equally, but roots, snares, and the like affect melee far more than ranged (as ranged can still attack in these cases). Hence, there are far more ways to effectively render melee ineffective through CC than a ranged character. On a rage Jug, for instance, there is one CC breaker, on a 2 min cooldown, and tons of ways to negate their damage output.

This is a good point. It's not so much the CC it's that the CC grossly imbalances melee and ranged. Resolve was a good concept but it needs to be bolstered.

Now that i have full madness spec on my sorc I'm a beast at huttball because while they walk over the pit thinking they have full resolve - i root them and they die.

My root is on a 9 second cooldown.

I feel bad doing it.

Still with marauder one on one I get eaten alive. With operatives they would kill me but I stun and run and they cant close the gap.

I'm not sure which class has this skill, but i was being chain eletrocuted 4-5times. My resolve bar wasn't full when i died and my cc breaker was on cd.

I was stunned into disbelief. But you know what the funny thing was? The afk detection kicked in during this cc chain. wtflol?

Which class does has the electrocute thing? It was a tech poison or something on the debuff. I couldn't figure it out before I died. :(

Granted it was extreme, but the fact that it could happen is pretty bad.

I second this ^^^ In its current state, resolve does not work (or the indicator bar is broken) and I get stun locked to death. Way too much CC in this game. Either greatly reduce the CC or lower the cooldown of my CC break by half.

I second this ^^^ In its current state, resolve does not work (or the indicator bar is broken) and I get stun locked to death. Way too much CC in this game. Either greatly reduce the CC or lower the cooldown of my CC break by half.

Meh, all I see in WZs is melee who my stuns and KBs don't work on... that's IF I'm not permastunned myself.

I agree with the OP and more.. CC in this game is horribly implemented.

Everyone has a CC breaker yes, but with the amount of CC being used it really needs to be adjusted. I can think of 2 simple ways to do this:

1) When you die, your CC breaker resets its cooldown.

I can see nothing wrong with this, especially in wz's, that could cause players to get upset.

2) Lower the CD on the CC breaker.

I also see no harm in lowering this cooldown by half at most. Remove any talent skills that

lower it more or add talent skills that lower it to, again at most, half its current duration. A

60 second CD on a breaker is plenty long enough considering the amount of CC.

Also, I swear the resolve bar isn't always accurate. I have been stunned, many times, with a full white resolve bar. I am working on figuring out the details of under what circumstances and by what skill etc when this occurs. Usually things happen so fast and I'm so frustrated about it that I cant pinpoint why it happened.

I agree with the OP and more.. CC in this game is horribly implemented.

Everyone has a CC breaker yes, but with the amount of CC being used it really needs to be adjusted. I can think of 2 simple ways to do this:

1) When you die, your CC breaker resets its cooldown.

I can see nothing wrong with this, especially in wz's, that could cause players to get upset.

2) Lower the CD on the CC breaker.

I also see no harm in lowering this cooldown by half at most. Remove any talent skills that

lower it more or add talent skills that lower it to, again at most, half its current duration. A

60 second CD on a breaker is plenty long enough considering the amount of CC.

Also, I swear the resolve bar isn't always accurate. I have been stunned, many times, with a full white resolve bar. I am working on figuring out the details of under what circumstances and by what skill etc when this occurs. Usually things happen so fast and I'm so frustrated about it that I cant pinpoint why it happened.

I started thinking that about after death but its very tricky......zerging would become a huge problem not being able to CC.....example Alderan WZ the side turrets 1 person could keep a point almost

When you have a full resolve bar, and you can't move, it's because your immobilized! That's the first thing you need to remember, you can still heal and attack anything in range. It's amazing how many people just give up and wait for immobilize to wear off while you beat on them. The only thing stunning you at full resolve is yourself (or the stun effect that put you into full resolve.)

Agreed. I can live with slows, minor snares, etc...but the excessive stuns are incredibly dumb. I've come to the conclusion that half the players who kill others only do so because one was stunned and they were not. This is most frustrating in Huttball when you get the ball, literally the moment you get it, your cursor is over the CC release key (at least mine is :p).

I honestly kind of like the resolve system, especially without being able to queue full premades. I can always rely on someone getting me to the resolve cap just before I'm about to cross a hazard or I'm near the goal line.

Agreed. I can live with slows, minor snares, etc...but the excessive stuns are incredibly dumb. I've come to the conclusion that half the players who kill others only do so because one was stunned and they were not. This is most frustrating in Huttball when you get the ball, literally the moment you get it, your cursor is over the CC release key (at least mine is :p).

You're a clicker?

When you have a full resolve bar, and you can't move, it's because your immobilized! That's the first thing you need to remember, you can still heal and attack anything in range. It's amazing how many people just give up and wait for immobilize to wear off while you beat on them. The only thing stunning you at full resolve is yourself (or the stun effect that put you into full resolve.)

I play as a ranged class, and what I'm seeing in some circumstances with full resolve bar is not just an immobilize. It's a full on stun which also happens to stop my resolve white bar from moving as well in some occasions.

I don't want to sound egotistical or high and mighty, but I'm an older gamer and have been around the block more than a few times. I realize many players are younger than me as well as the casual crowd and newer players to the genre. But I do know the difference of the mechanics in a game.

Also, I'm not saying this happens every time I get a full resolve bar. Just with the hours I have logged in game I can comfortable say this has happened many times. I'm hoping to pinpoint this and post it somewhere, but until then all I really have is my word. I know that isn't much these days but if its something I'm missing I really have no other explaination of it not being a stun.

Not saying this is the solution. In fact in some instances this would probably be bad (Huttball).

would it fix everything to make you immune to CC for 1 to 2 sec after using resolute or whatever your CC breaker is.

I notice that when im playing my vig spec guardian. Bads will use a CC or knockaway right after i leap ( i am immune to CC after force charge in this spec ) but the better players will use it after the buff has fallen off.

I feel the CC breaker abil could do something to this effect and help root out the good and bad players. granted bads will be bads, spammers gunna spam but i think this would be a nice step.

I agree. CC is not so bad if you are a ranged class. My range classes do just fine but my melee classes feel at a huge disadvantage and are rendered ineffective by ranged classes that can chain CC long enough for me to do 0 damage unless I have a bunch of cool-downs to blow.

Not saying this is the solution. In fact in some instances this would probably be bad (Huttball).

would it fix everything to make you immune to CC for 1 to 2 sec after using resolute or whatever your CC breaker is.

I notice that when im playing my vig spec guardian. Bads will use a CC or knockaway right after i leap ( i am immune to CC after force charge in this spec ) but the better players will use it after the buff has fallen off.

I feel the CC breaker abil could do something to this effect and help root out the good and bad players. granted bads will be bads, spammers gunna spam but i think this would be a nice step.

I think this idea is worth considering. Well played.

Maybe they are smugglers. Where our mitigation is based on being in a broken cover mechanic that also bound almost all of our core skills to require us to be in cover to get them to work.

As to the CC. Resolve is broken. It doesn't work to prevent massive CC from ruining your combat experience. I would highly suggest it be worked on to be far more beneficial to the players getting resolved out that you are not almost immediately subject to more CC.

It is just not fun to get CC'd all the time and have everything about how much cc you can throw out and how much you can mitigate.

This game is 99% about leveraging CC. Kind of lame if you ask me. CC. CC. CC. zeg kill. next...

Edited by PlagaNerezza

CC is undoubtedly hitting some classes harder than others. For instance...

root on:

A Sorc - wasted CC - continues to face melt his FL key and out-dps's you, anyway.

A Jugg - just charges you again, to close the gap.

A non-darkness Assassin - Has no way to close the gap and is caught out in the open - dead.

Another example!

4 sec stun on:

A Jugg - soaks the damage and charges you.

A commando - soaks the damage, pops a med probe and returns to facerolling grav round.

A sniper - Dies within those 4 seconds. If he's lucky enough to survive it, just gets restunned and then undoubtedly dies.