The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hybrid Shadow Tanks More OP than Sorcs?

DimeStax

oh is it nerf assassin day today i missed the memo, i thought it was nerf sniper day :(

i guess for WoW kids every day is "nerf the class that just killed me" day.

They'll never nerf Snipers. All the devs play Snipers and that's why they're so incredibly overpowered. They shoot eye-lasers out of their tier gear. It's the 1-piece set bonus.

oh is it nerf assassin day today i missed the memo, i thought it was nerf sniper day :(

i guess for WoW kids every day is "nerf the class that just killed me" day.

^^

Amazes me that people think Shadows are in any way, shape or form OP. Infiltration flat out sucks. Balance is semi decent, and has the survivability of a wet paper napkin. The only worthwhile spec is Kinetic, and the only worth while spec for Kinetic is 31/0/10, which is not a hybrid. Kinetic damage is not high burst, they win by outlasting their opponents.

But, like you said, its always "nerf the class that just killed me" day.

I know it might be hard for certain (underaged?) players but try to research a bit in class forums before making strange posts about non-existent things.

Also assassins/shadows is SWTOR's "hard mode". Consider yourself lucky you met one who doesn't suck.

Iv met a few actually. They are very very good, and I'm not talking pre-nerf I'm talking post-nerf. I don't know if they are using a spec that no one else is using or if there is a certain gear threshold that the class needs to surpass before they become godlike, but these dudes are impossible to kill, and their burst kills me as fast as an infil specced assassin/shadow. I'm not an easy person to kill. I'm not calling for a nerf, just asking if anyone else has noticed shadows/assassins being just absolutely ridiculous.

All I'm gonna say is I know what class my alt is gonna be now :). If no one else sees what I saw then these guys are gonna be OP for a while. Even if it takes a higher skill level than a Sorc to play I'll still take it cause I have the skill to master it and we can rule the game for a while muhahaha. Edited by DimeStax

Iv met a few actually. They are very very good, and I'm not talking pre-nerf I'm talking post-nerf. I don't know if they are using a spec that no one else is using or if there is a certain gear threshold that the class needs to surpass before they become godlike, but these dudes are impossible to kill, and their burst kills me as fast as an infil specced assassin/shadow. I'm not an easy person to kill. I'm not calling for a nerf, just asking if anyone else has noticed shadows/assassins being just absolutely ridiculous.

when played right they can be very hard to bring down. I would not say we have "burst" but with some stalker gear mixed in with the survivor you can top 200k damage in a warzone.

when played right they can be very hard to bring down. I would not say we have "burst" but with some stalker gear mixed in with the survivor you can top 200k damage in a warzone.

Oh yeah, easily. My guildie averages about 235k damage in warzones in this spec, but you also have to remember that that's mostly single-target damage and he's not dropping the kind of AOE's that Sorcs and Operatives are throwing down to give them high damage numbers. I'd say 235k single-target damage for a tank is really good.

Edited by DimeStax

First of all why would you mix survivor gear in it? And 300k is pretty much a given if you play decent and have decent gear.

Darkness sins are one of the, if not the best, 1v1 class/spec in the game. I wouldn't call them OP... but yes, they are extremely strong.

EDIT for the guy above: wither and darkcharge discharge.. nope no aoe at all, only single target dmg.

Edited by Cyannez

First of all why would you mix survivor gear in it? And 300k is pretty much a given if you play decent and have decent gear.

Darkness sins are one of the, if not the best, 1v1 class/spec in the game. I wouldn't call them OP... but yes, they are extremely strong.

EDIT for the guy above: wither and darkcharge discharge.. nope no aoe at all, only single target dmg.

Maybe you should re-read. I said MOSTLY single target damage, as in their most damaging abilities are coming from single-target abilities not AOE abilities. Not saying they don't have any or don't use any.

i throw in survivor gear for the set bonus

10 sec reduction on spike and 5% bonus when guarding. I have not topped 300k but i know how to play and i know what im doing. If i were to go full stalker i probably could get 300k.

i throw in survivor gear for the set bonus

10 sec reduction on spike and 5% bonus when guarding. I have not topped 300k but i know how to play and i know what im doing. If i were to go full stalker i probably could get 300k.

Nice, my Battlemaster Gunslinger with BM gear in Sharpshooter spec had to work hard to top 300k and I'm not nearly as resilient as a tank.

In Dirty Fighting spec tho I break 300k damage in warzones while watching TV and glancing over at **** on my other monitor from time to time; 420k damage is pretty normal, and over 500 if I'm actually trying. It's an AoE spec though so that's nothing amazing considering almost all my damage comes from AOEs.

I 1v1ed a Shadow the other day in that tank/balance spec and he had his way with me and he didn't care if I even enjoyed it. It was pretty nasty. I also noticed a few BM Assassins in Warzones basically soloing 3-4 people at a time for several minutes. Normally I wouldn't be surprised by this considering he was a tank, but the fact that he was doing ridiculous ranged and melee damage to me the whole time was pretty amazing. It didn't matter if I knocked him back or not, his ranged attacks were as strong as his melee range ones.

Edited by DimeStax