So... 1.2 is going to be the Messiah of all Patches?

scootshoot

Overall I like my experience with TOR. Most of my gripes with the game is the user interface. I mean when a party group is formed, the party box overlaps my left hotkey bar, lol. In certain Warzones the giant status bar overlaps my buttons on the right bar. I play on a 24 inch monitor at 1680 x 1050 resolution, overlapping of the UI should not be happening.

That said, it seems every gripe known to the community, legit or otherwise is soon met by a response that 1.2 will resolve said issue.

1.2 has a lot riding on it ... :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I like my experience with TOR. Most of my gripes with the game is the user interface. I mean when a party group is formed, the party box overlaps my left hotkey bar, lol. In certain Warzones the giant status bar overlaps my buttons on the right bar. I play on a 24 inch monitor at 1680 x 1050 resolution, overlapping of the UI should not be happening.

That said, it seems every gripe known to the community, legit or otherwise is soon met by a response that 1.2 will resolve said issue.

People who don't want this game to die are hoping it will be. Basically 1.2 could be TORs saving grace or the final nail in the coffin.

Edited by Tulukord

People who don't want this game to die are hoping it will be. Basically 1.2 could be TORs saving grace or the final nail in the coffin.

Not quite sure thats how it is going to work. 1.2 is going to add a lot of new things and fix a lot of bugs. But i don't think this game is going to fail just because 1.2 might not fix every single bug evar

There's an option to fix your party frame problem:

In you the UI options, check the box that says "Make Party Frames the same as Operations Frames" and you should be able to then right-click on to the top left of where the Operations frames will be and move them around to your liking.

So far 1.2 looks promising. Hopefully it will inject some much needed adrenaline to this game.

you can move the party box. just click the button on the top of the party box (should a symbol of stick figures in a row) and hit unlock frame. from there you can move it where ever and lock it back up. in preferences you can also change the size of party member health bars.

Although it doesn't bother me that much, i have to agree that there does need to be better customization.

Not quite sure thats how it is going to work. 1.2 is going to add a lot of new things and fix a lot of bugs. But i don't think this game is going to fail just because 1.2 might not fix every single bug evar

I don't mean it like that. I meant hopefully 1.2 will be good enough to hold most people over until the next patch. But if it ends up being anything like the 1.1 fiasco this game is done for.

"Saving Grace". "Final nail in the coffin"... Jeez. You know squat about the state of TOR, just like everyone else here.

As for the OP, it looks like it'll be a solid patch. It's still only a content patch though.

It could be the greatest patch in the history of MMOs and you'd still have ppl whining about it

I was gonna sit and try and post a reasonable post about the expectations of the patch and all that, but nothing more than this really needs to be said. Forums are going to be filled with torches and pitchforks trying to burn down the Bioware barn regardless.

Basically 1.2 could be TORs saving grace or the final nail in the coffin.

Binary states and equations DO NOT apply to MMOs, which evolve over time.

Binary states and equations DO apply to some peoples acceptance models for things in their life, including MMOs.

Patch 1.2 will not be the be all end all of TOR patches nor should it be. The game has only been out since December. It still has PLENTY of time to grow. While plenty will be addressed, I would urge you to lower your expectations a little bit.

Yes.. for every bug they fix 100 more will take it's place. THEY ARE IMMORTAL!!

Meh, I've been having fun.

I think most of the QQ'ers are all talk...

I PvP all the time; I PvE all the time; My computer is mediocre at BEST (laptop) and I run fine with my only complaint being my slow *** loadscreen times...

All in all I find the game to be quite fun, my guild farms nightmare and hardmode content to get everyone Rakata + mounts before 1.2 where we expect to be server first (here's hoping) to clear everything... We're having fun.

Oh, and we're republic on a server with more than twice as many imperials...

So... have I covered just about everything?

Party frames... change them into Op frames, its a setting, and its glorious...

Don't use the top-right buttons, yeah they're blocked... but its only like 2 slots.. screw em

Nothing game breaking there...

My biggest concern is that the stats need some SERIOUS reworking... Check out my post... If you aren't into end-game content... You won't understand... But yeah. Those are my concerns... other concerns are superficial to me.