This game feels like a console port

Gankdalf_

The only reason you think this is senseless whining is that you are incapable like many others on here to have a conversation.

Reading fail. Re-read my last post. I said most readers, not myself. It was meant to be helpful. If you have a legitmate complaint, post it where the people who matter will see it, don't drop it in forum full of jackals. Try using common sense next time.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I came to discuss this but it's not happening. I have shown conclusive proof that this is not a driver issue, not a crappy PC issue but it is a game issue.

Fan boys will be fan boys I guess but once Bioware release a patch that addresses this issue I will be bumping this thread with a big I TOLD YOU SO smiling face on it.

Cu in game....hope not though.

I have no FPS issues, running a pretty decent setup. Constant 100 FPS+ Don't think the game feels like a port at all tbh. And yes, I've played enough xbox/ps3 ports that were way, waaay worse then swtor. It's not perfect but it's alright.

Fyi; i5 2500k + trifire 6970's + m4 128gb = 100+ fps, lolbelow100fps

i5 2500k + crossfire 6970's + m4 128gb = swings around 100, I'd say 90-130 FPS, lowest/highest.

my frame rate dont drop under 100, anywhere, inside outside dungeons pvp ect, max settings, laptop, specs in sig.

you must have an issue, like wrong driver. and who rebinds \? its above enter on the right hand side, your right hand should be on your mouse/trackball/vr glove device.

I bet you almost convince yourself of your own lie huh?

Bioware should get talking to AMD and Nvidia actually they should have done this ages ago, no excuses.

Umm, you just showed your total lack of experience in anything besides your ability to copy/pasta........

nVidia, and ATI don't issue new game based drivers until the game is launched OFFICIALLY.

Please don't feed the trolls.

There is a problem with the smoke in caves yes.. I had it yesterday all 3 of us did in the party..

running: i7 2700k @ 5ghz, M4 256GB, Maximus IV Extreme, 560ti SLI Dell U2711 2560x1440 Everything on max 120FPS min everywhere else then in a few caves bang it drops to 40 and keeps skipping from 120 - 40 so you can feel the lag more..

I know what you mean but yes the fan boys will be fan boys and say "theres no problems" Always the same!

Firstly the \ key is on the left side, you must be thinking about the / key.

Secondly I don.t use integrated graphics

Thirdly it is by far the most common issue on the support forums, literally hundreds of them, go see the specs.

Now am not saying you are all fan boy liars but the hard fact is there is a serious FPS issue with this game engine, it was there in beta and is still there in launch. Bioware have know about this for ages and it's not fixed, that tells me they can't fix it.

Bet you're some keyboard warrior with 2 gigs of ****** RAM in his rig running some ancient dusty GTX 460 but because you have an i7 you think everything should run amazing.

Before you all cry and chip in with LOL SWTOR IS NOT OUT ON CONSOLES LOL, yes I know that but my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

For instance I can not rebind the "\" key which is a disgrace tbh. Also the frame rate inside caves and buildings is so bad I actually did laugh out loud. It's not a PC spec issue as I run an i5 with all the trimmings, besides if you visit the tech support forum you will see hundreds of posts from people with i7's and huge graphics cards with the same issue, it's an engine problem.

So yeah great launch there Bioware, all these years in the making and no one notices the pathetic FPS? I don't buy that, I think you are well aware of it but your engine can't do anything about it. :o

get an i7 and a GTX540. i max out graphics and only once have i been below 50. mostly its 70-90

Edited by jannickj

Umm, you just showed your total lack of experience in anything besides your ability to copy/pasta........

nVidia, and ATI don't issue new game based drivers until the game is launched OFFICIALLY.

Please don't feed the trolls.

lies, how come Nvidia had drivers out for BF3 beta then? You know they work with the game company before the game comes out right?

Bet you're some keyboard warrior with 2 gigs of ****** RAM in his rig running some ancient dusty GTX 460 but because you have an i7 you think everything should run amazing.

Ironically, quite a few people feel their middleware and lowend ware should be running the game without problems.

With vsync off, and shadows off, I have everything set to high, and I rarely drop below 40 FPS.

Considering my video card came with a 300 baud external, manual connect modem, and 2 floppy disks..... Im kind of amazed.

Before you all cry and chip in with LOL SWTOR IS NOT OUT ON CONSOLES LOL, yes I know that but my years of experience playing games tells me there is something terribly wrong with this game engine, it has "I was used in a console game" written all over it.

For instance I can not rebind the "\" key which is a disgrace tbh. Also the frame rate inside caves and buildings is so bad I actually did laugh out loud. It's not a PC spec issue as I run an i5 with all the trimmings, besides if you visit the tech support forum you will see hundreds of posts from people with i7's and huge graphics cards with the same issue, it's an engine problem.

So yeah great launch there Bioware, all these years in the making and no one notices the pathetic FPS? I don't buy that, I think you are well aware of it but your engine can't do anything about it. :o

I built this rig for sub-$500 and I average 60FPS in all environments including high-population.

Before you pop off like you know something, you should try actually reading all of those posts you referenced. 99% of them were driver issues. Rage experienced the same thing, and it has nothing to do with your pc build or the game engine.

Also you should be aware that Windows 7 force-fed a DirectX update over the last week that many people using the latest version of Forceware were forced to roll back.

Read.

Ok I came to discuss this but it's not happening. I have shown conclusive proof that this is not a driver issue, not a crappy PC issue but it is a game issue.

Fan boys will be fan boys I guess but once Bioware release a patch that addresses this issue I will be bumping this thread with a big I TOLD YOU SO smiling face on it.

Cu in game....hope not though.

You have shown no proof apart from you don't know one end of a computer from the other, your comment about memory leakage and then trying to join that toegther with it only happens inside don't ring true. The latest drivers don't really mean anything either, yes latest ones can make a difference but I doubt it will be that as you have said.

What score does windows grade your system at. I am sure you know how to find this but its in the Control Panel and System bottom left on Win 7.

Other things that can also affect your system are disk fragmentation, internet speed, processor temperature etc.

But as you said your off to play rift now so TATA.

There is a problem with the smoke in caves yes.. I had it yesterday all 3 of us did in the party..

running: i7 2700k @ 5ghz, M4 256GB, Maximus IV Extreme, 560ti SLI Dell U2711 2560x1440 Everything on max 120FPS min everywhere else then in a few caves bang it drops to 40 and keeps skipping from 120 - 40 so you can feel the lag more..

I know what you mean but yes the fan boys will be fan boys and say "theres no problems" Always the same!

Wich caves? Not doubting you I just want to know so I can go have a look and see how bad it is.

I have no idea what Ure talking about. Im a real console hater and I always "feel" when game was made first on console then rebuild for PC. When I played games like AvP, Oblivion, Skyrim and any other convertion Im always like "OMG it feels like crappy console game". SWTOR? SWTOR is fine. I have 80-100fps all the time on max settings with AA x8. So stop crying.

Edited by tapikoks

It's not the \ key to do your commands its the / key to do it!

Also when you say you have years of experience, I bet you do, World of Warcraft has the same issue, if you want great gfx performance you need a kick *** machine with a huge gfx card. I bet you haven't played WoW would mean its possible you have only played single player games.

I played the Beta with Zero FPS problems was always smooth as anything. Until I got to Dromund Kas then it slowed down a bit but I think that was more to do with the textures loading which shouldn't take that long but meh I'm not gonna cry over 4 seconds of graphics lag.

Could be a problem with the I7? and Bioware just need to sort it out. I've got a Phenom x6 Black Edition and an Oldish 6850 Asus ATI card (Really need to sort out getting another to x-fire)

Edited by CptBrit

I disagree 110%. I think the game runs great. I have 4GB Gskill Ram with 7-7-7-21 timings, core i7 860 clocked at 3.2 GHZ, and a GTX 275 twin Frozr OC series card and I am steadt about 75-100 fps depending on zone. Perhaps, these so called "computer gurus" are not as guru as they thought? IDK, I just have had zero issues since playing which was wave 2 of day 1 for me (13th around 8 am). Sorry you are having issues, but if we ALL aren't that points the finger away from Bioware.