I have just quit trying for FPs

Reevax

Really? Because last I checked I couldn't do missions on Tattooine and see who was on the Fleet marked as LFG? Unless there's a trick to it?

type '/who'

then type 'lfg 50'

you will see all of the 50s that are flagged as lfg

note that this probably isn't going to help you if you are dps, but if you are a healer and a tank and that's clear from either your AC or message it probably will.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

type '/who'

then type 'lfg 50'

you will see all of the 50s that are flagged as lfg

note that this probably isn't going to help you if you are dps, but if you are a healer and a tank and that's clear from either your AC or message it probably will.

...and then see no one is using it hehe

Really? Because last I checked I couldn't do missions on Tattooine and see who was on the Fleet marked as LFG? Unless there's a trick to it?

If you use the search term lfg in the who pane it shows everybody, or the first 100 if theres more than that, that has lfg flagged. You can then sort it by level or zone and all that good stuff. Granted some people wont have a comment about what content they want to do, but you can still seem them in the list.

Except it is not crap.

Does it show you who is looking for a group? Yes it does.

Does it show you spec? No it does not...that is as easy as a simple whisper.

Does it say where they want to go? Only if they put that in the comment instead of their spec.

It is flawwed but it works. Yes, it infact works. The fact so many of you refuse to use it is entirely and 100% YOUR FAULT. Use the system, tell others to use the system, and pretty soon everyone is using it. Ofcourse the other side is to not play DPS. Groups of 4 people, thus you need a lot more tanks and healers in this game than in others.

Talk in general a lot in fleet (actually talk like a real person) and people remember your name and invite you on reputation alone. Talking in general on planets helps as well.

I'm a Tank, usually turning down 10-20 HM requests a night from reputation alone because I talk to people I run FPs with and I know what I am doing. I tend to hold off and run with my guild however.

If you are friendly with EVERYONE you form a large network of friends and running anything is as easy as a few tells.

Apparently everyone forgot how to form networks of friends, a skill you absolutely needed in any proper MMO (WoW is a heresy that needs drawn, quartered, lit on fire, and the ashes destroyed with a plasma cutter so even the carbon molecules are ripped apart).

Yes it is crap. And why is it crap? Because it does not show what spec you are, or where you want to go.

You cant put in all that info into the “info” line. That line is flawed because you only can write, what was it? 8 letters? And the rest will not show.

Rowing over the Atlantic also works, but a driving a boat is more sensible.

A system that people will not use is in it self a flaw. If people dont want to use it, then the "produser" have to find other ways to make people want to join.

And you being a tank alone makes you invalid of this topic. No one takes notis of a healer, no matter what. No one takes notis of a DPS no matter what. But if you are a tank, everyone will write down your name and whisper you every day, every houre and every minute to get you to come. You don’t need a LFG system. You don’t need to even ask in the chat for a group. People will spam you automatically when you log on.

Please delete your tank and LvL up a dps/healer instead.

But we are winning anyway and you are losing. LFG system are on its way, but to late. To many people have alredy quit because it is imposible to find groups in a "short" time. houre and a half looking for a group is not good enough when you have casuals with a RL next to the game.

Edited by Mamono

Its not just the FP's. Im still leveling. Today I threw away all my Heroics for yet another planet. Sure would like to get my hands on some gear.

Afterward I started to create a char on a more populated server. Someone had my name. Lost all interest in playing today.

^^

This is part of bioware's plan for making people pvp. 9 players on Balmorra? Srsly? Good luck finding a heroic4 group! And Balmorra is only the 2nd planet!

Yes it is crap. And why is it crap? Because it does not show what spec you are, or where you want to go.

You cant put in all that info into the “info” line. That line is flawed because you only can write, what was it? 8 letters? And the rest will not show.

You can't put all the info in that line if you have like 3 or 4 quests or FPs that you want to completely type out, true. Simple stuff like "dps/hammer" "heals/mandalore" or "tank/any hm" fits perfectly fine and tells you everything you need to know. Or you could take the 5 seconds and ask them.

Nobody here is saying this is a perfect system or you shouldnt ask for/demand better. Just if you're having that much trouble finding groups use a system which is subpar until something better comes along.

Don't just completely refuse to use it than complain because you absolutely cannot get a group.

You can't put all the info in that line if you have like 3 or 4 quests or FPs that you want to completely type out, true. Simple stuff like "dps/hammer" "heals/mandalore" or "tank/any hm" fits perfectly fine and tells you everything you need to know. Or you could take the 5 seconds and ask them.

Nobody here is saying this is a perfect system or you shouldnt ask for/demand better. Just if you're having that much trouble finding groups use a system which is subpar until something better comes along.

Don't just completely refuse to use it than complain because you absolutely cannot get a group.

What if they do use it and still can't get a group? Is it ok by you for them to complain then? Because for a lot of (if not most) servers, using or not using this amazing /who formula makes no difference at all, Republic side anyway. There's just not enough people.

What if they do use it and still can't get a group? Is it ok by you for them to complain then? Because for a lot of (if not most) servers, using or not using this amazing /who formula makes no difference at all, Republic side anyway. There's just not enough people.

Well if we're gonna talk about there just plain being nobody on, that's a whole different topic.

And unless the new LFG is cross server that won't fix your particular problem.

The problem is no one wants to lead/form the group and i am included in the wont lead or form the group.

Insult me all you want but fact is the majority of people are just like me!

The true success of a lfg system is in the automatic formation of groups. No one has to step up and make the group!

Good news is that a lfg tool is being made as we type!

Yeah, because typing /invite *name* is soooooooooooo hard isnt it?

i just dont get this "i dont want to lead the group" whine... its not like youre taking command of the allied invasion of normandie... youre just grouping up with 3 other people (tops) to do a mission.

Ive had missions where i was the leader without even noticing i was... we just grouped up and did the mission, no problems no hassles no whining.

Yeah, because typing /invite *name* is soooooooooooo hard isnt it?

i just dont get this "i dont want to lead the group" whine... its not like youre taking command of the allied invasion of normandie... youre just grouping up with 3 other people (tops) to do a mission.

Ive had missions where i was the leader without even noticing i was... we just grouped up and did the mission, no problems no hassles no whining.

a lot of people are not fast typers. They find the commandline cumbersome. I don't think it is the whole /invite part of it tbh that is the problem more likely the the stupid names people use especially the ones with the fancy charcaters.

I used to try really hard to get FP runs but it is such a chore I just gave up.

I was lucky to get a couple a week but the effort I had to put in was just too much vs the rewards.

People always say get a guild or friends but I have both. It just very hard to try and play around other peoples schedule.

There has to be a better way.

So I read here that you joined a guild and made friends with people that do not play at the same time as you?

Well, that's just silly...

a lot of people are not fast typers. They find the commandline cumbersome. I don't think it is the whole /invite part of it tbh that is the problem more likely the the stupid names people use especially the ones with the fancy charcaters.

you just right-click on their name and pick invite...

but im assuming that any sort of communication is too much work, so what all of you really want is for the game to do it all for you.

Because if typing LFG in the chat, then right-clicking on a name and picking invite when someone answers is "too much work", then id hate to hear you guys whine when its time to go to the toilet...

This might just be the weakest argument I've ever heard

I'm fine with the command line. I have no problems finding groups. I very rarely have to pug and run far more flash points then I am comfortable with with my guild thanks. I don't use the LFG Tool. I don't need to.

I do know people who are shy to use chat and are not great typers or spellers.

Rowing over the Atlantic also works, but a driving a boat is more sensible.

A system that people will not use is in it self a flaw. If people dont want to use it, then the "produser" have to find other ways to make people want to join.

And you being a tank alone makes you invalid of this topic. No one takes notis of a healer, no matter what. No one takes notis of a DPS no matter what. But if you are a tank, everyone will write down your name and whisper you every day, every houre and every minute to get you to come. You don’t need a LFG system. You don’t need to even ask in the chat for a group. People will spam you automatically when you log on.

Please delete your tank and LvL up a dps/healer instead.

But we are winning anyway and you are losing. LFG system are on its way, but to late. To many people have alredy quit because it is imposible to find groups in a "short" time. houre and a half looking for a group is not good enough when you have casuals with a RL next to the game.

That is not true , it is the same way OLD MMO work , same way old WOW worked pre LFD finder.

Sadly quality before quantity is the issue , As Tank had no problems getting HM .

And as reroll pure DPSER who refuse to HEAL ... have no problems at all getting a group.

Infact If I whisper people , can form a group in 20 min .

The case is that people need to give other people a chance , case is that in this kind of system there is no place for the average , cause the averag plain stink in there role ..

Now the average are hitting the 50 , the same argument the now mostly left Hardcore who had good intention with the game .

They wanted a LFD , cause sitting at the fleet cause only a small pool of 30 players 50 isn´t fun .

Now the pool is 120 players , and 80 of them plain stinks ...

So if you are having such problem finding a group , the problem reflects back to you .

Or maybe the problem reflects that those who plain stinks refuse to do a wipe fest anymore.

Now still am for a LFD tool , cause the situation will only get worst .

LFD will not harm anything at this moment or offset the status quo .

Since good people will form a 2-3 man group and try it .

While bad simply trickle in alone , simple case of proven fact in WoW finder system .

A lot of people are afraid to be yelled but , now they hit 50 they find themself with nothing to do , when the regulars are not online to boost them :rolleyes:

I'm fine with the command line. I have no problems finding groups. I very rarely have to pug and run far more flash points then I am comfortable with with my guild thanks. I don't use the LFG Tool. I don't need to.

I do know people who are shy to use chat and are not great typers or spellers.

That's fair enough.

I always hoped Bioware might have aimed this game at players completely new to MMOs and for this reason I've always been an advocate of a same server LFG tool. I think it could actually have been a great asset to assist players new to this whole community thing. I know that really isn't any comfort to those on low pop servers, but as has been mentioned before that's really another issue.

The problem here though really is one that has been created by WoW. The fact is that as that particullar version of an LFG tool was so convenient, there are now too many people that just cannot function without it. New players are not having trouble coping, but players from previous MMOs are.

that is a lie , noway that freaking last boss is easier than a simple HM , other than him i admit it is hehe.

thats still 3-4 peices of columi, 2-4 exotech gear/schem devided by 8 for about the same time investment of 1 columi peice devided by 4 with the added benifit OPS never drops (that I've seen) items for classes not there. heck you can clear 4/5 EV normal in 30-45 minutes

As much as it pains me to say so, a dungeon finder (On server only!) might be needed. People are too spread out. Servers aren't populated enough at most levels to find a group through chat spam. And the fact that FP's for your level are not in the same area you're leveling in, which means you have to stop levelling and go to the fleet to do an FP, takes away a lot of the incentive to group as well.

- Open the Social Panel

- Click the Who tab

- Type LFG in the Search Terms field on the top left

- Click the magnifying glass button.

It should now list every player on the server who is in LFG, as well as their comments. Looking for specific FPs or Ops? Add it after LFG ... LFG EV, LFG Hammer, LFG HM, etc... It parses nicely. The party's leader then sends you an invite and you're off to the races.

I can't help but think that if Blizzard was going to try to re-introduce LFG instead of LFD/LFR, they'd take just what you're describing and give it a nice shiny UI with dropdown menus, etc.

The current system is pretty weak, even when you know how to use it. I rarely find more than ten people listed as LFG, and typically about 50% of them are 50, and 25% of them are 10-12 looking for BT normal.

I had to resort to random whispers to over twenty players just to find a group for boarding party earlier, and all this is on Jekk'Jekk Tarr, one of the higher pop servers (though it'll soon be middle of the pack or lower come Wednesday).

I could go into the various design issues, how segregating the flashpoints from leveling content was a terrible idea, how the lack of a offical galactic LFG channel is telling of a lack of forethought, etc.

Suffice it to say, don't leave it to Blizzard to package the obvious in a shiny UI and make the rest of the industry wonder how they get away with it every time, and players love them for it.

Edited by Ansultares