1.1.5 - death of rarity and achievements?!

Sky_walkerPL

Ok... I've seen new vendors in public test server for 1.1.5 and I'm seriously terrified buy what's about to come.

Looks like Bioware plans to screw everyone who achieved something.

See what we get:

- Magenta crystal schematics almost free from vendor.

- Very rare Ops speeders for 1m from vendor (not true - ops drop elite variant)

- PvP and daily speeders for 1M+ from vendor (not true - see the edit below)

- Social speeder for credits with no social rank requirement (added since edit below)

- VIP speeder from vendor

- all rare color crystals, including crystals from Karraga drops PvE sabers almost free from vendor. Or at higher cost, but still only credits - no achievement involved.

What the heck?!

My guild downed world bosses about 20 times to get specific magenta crystals schematics. It was a huge achievement engaging guild multiple times on raids always requiring our artificer to come online when we groupped and it took few weeks to get it.

Now everyone will get it for 25k

I took part in Ops god-knows how many times and still don't have cyan color crystal, and each time I see player with PvE saber using it I see someone who achieved something I thrive for (ps. Screw the rakata black-core saber, it's a joke) - now you plan to give it away for some spare cash I earn by selling one high-grade item on GTN.

I won't even say anything about introducing more black-core sabers, especially for lvl50 players which is A HUGE IMMERSION BREAKER. Now all the ppl who care nothing about lore will run with this joke in Star Wars looking like a training saber being absolutely sure it makes them "l33t" and "special" cause they preordered (ps. it's not about being jelaous - I got preorder, I got rakata saber, it doesn't change anything) or bought stuff for 25k at vendor

Ps. Before someone pop-up telling that it won't hit the live servers - give me a quote. Otherwise it's just random opinion.

REMARKS:

- It's not about "feeling special" - it's about having an objective in game. And keeping things people worked for worthwhile. And having the point in keeping subscription instead of just getting all the stuff from vendor in moment one hits lvl50.

- Patch 1.1.5 won't make your crafting useful. 1.2 will but we aren't talking about that patch. Also: The artificers get screwed most of all by 1.1.5 cause we won't need you anymore after 1.2 - all the crystals majority of people thrive for will be handled to us from vendors already.

- I'm a casual player, not "hardcore raider" as majority of people falsely assume here. And as casual I ask for keeping achievement items as an achievements instead of give-away stuff

(Edit 27.02.2012)

Here are actual changes, I posted later on, but would be good to have it here too I think:

Speeders:

Korrealis Commander - till now VIP vendor for 1.5 M - after patch: speeder vendor for 1M

Korrealis Baron - till now Social rank requirement + 1.5 M for speeder itself - after patch: speeder vendor, no requirements, 2M

Crystals:

Magenta crystal schematics - dropping from world bosses - 250 000 CR in crystal vendor

Cyan crystals - obtained only through PvE lvl56 gear (and as build-in PvP Champion sabers) - 125k from crystal vendor

Purple crystals - obtained only through PvE lvl56 gear (and as build-in PvP Champion sabers) - 250k from crystal vendor

+41 Expertise crystals - expertise gear obtained only through PvP bags - 125k from crystal vendor

There are also many unnamed crystals, so hard to tell what exact color they have - prices range from 125k to 1M. I assumed one of them in magenta, although cannot be 100% sure as 125k is bit beyond my reach on test server which resets after every patch, sorry.

Finally there are new items at vendor - like White crystals - but these don't worry me (maybe besides a fact that it's the laziest thing BioWare could do - instead of adding adventures to obtain crystals, they just vendored them, lol)

Thanks Akirator for pointing out that speeder sold by vendor isn't actually the exact one that drops from Ops.

ps. It looks like I've been bit off with prices during the discussion - for that I'm sorry, although keep in mind that these still are only credits, something even I have a lot of, while hardcore players most likely have way above 10M allowing them to buy every single item I listed and still having quite a lot of money remaining.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... I've seen new vendors in public test server for 1.1.5 and I'm seriously terrified buy what's about to come.

Looks like Bioware plans to screw everyone who achieved something.

See what we get:

- Magenta crystal schematics almost free from vendor.

- Very rare Ops speeders for 1m from vendor

- PvP and daily speeders for 1M+ from vendor

- VIP speeder from vendor

- all rare color crystals, including crystals from Karraga drops PvE sabers almost free from vendor. Or at higher cost, but still only credits - no achievement involved.

What the heck?!

My guild downed world bosses about 20 times to get specific magenta crystals schematics. It was a huge achievement engaging guild multiple times on raids always requiring our artificer to come online when we groupped and it took few weeks to get it.

Now everyone will get it for 25k

I took part in Ops god-knows how many times and still don't have cyan color crystal, and each time I see player with PvE saber using it I see someone who achieved something I thrive for (ps. Screw the rakata black-core saber, it's a joke) - now you plan to give it away for some spare cash I earn by selling one high-grade item on GTN.

I won't even say anything about introducing more black-core sabers, especially for lvl50 players which is A HUGE IMMERSION BREAKER. Now all the ppl who care nothing about lore will run with this joke in Star Wars looking like a training saber being absolutely sure it makes them "l33t" and "special" cause they preordered (ps. it's not about being jelaous - I got preorder, I got rakata saber, it doesn't change anything) or bought stuff for 25k at vendor

Ps. Before someone pop-up telling that it won't hit the live servers - give me a quote. Otherwise it's just random opinion.

Welcome to mmo's.

Thats all.

Having no interest to raid, ever, I see no problems with this.

No interest in raids, no interest in pvp no interest in dailis, no interest in crafting....

I have no idea what you are interested in than, that this change doesn't bother you. :rolleyes:

Welcome to mmo's.

Thats all.

You say.. What, that every mmo randomly gives away all the items for almost no cost?

That doesn't make any sense, I thought that MMOs were all about gearing and achieving stuff. Not giving it away just to show-off.

That's the Barbie and Sims series domain man. ;)

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

It's disgraceful, but it's what all MMO's do. People complain about not being able to have what everyone else has, etc.

There's no longer any form of achievement or idolism in MMO's, that disappearred 5+ years ago IMO.

Putting things up for actual "coin" in MMO's is a stupid idea. At the moment it works fine in SWTOR because everyone has so much money due to a poor economy design, but as soon as there are more and more things to buy, and not enough cash to buy them, gold farmers start to appear and the game goes down the toilet. As much as I think PvP gear and PvP stats is a stupid idea, at least you have to PvP in order to obtain it. It can't just be bought. That seperates those who put in effort/time and those who don't.

But then again, eventually everyone has the same stuff because the cry bears come out of their caves and complain.

As much as I think PvP gear and PvP stats is a stupid idea, at least you have to PvP in order to obtain it. It can't just be bought.

No you don't.

1.1.5 adds vendor with pvp stat items too. As well as pvp speeder (I'm not 100% sure of that though cause the amout of these huge white speeders make if confusing to find which is achieved in which way when difference is very slight in color accents.)

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

So, what's your point? You're upset that people who don't camp long spawning world bosses will get magenta crystals? Are you upset that people who don't down nightmare bosses will get new color crystals, speeders, etc? Why?

So, what's your point? You're upset that people who don't camp long spawning world bosses will get magenta crystals? Are you upset that people who don't down nightmare bosses will get new color crystals, speeders, etc? Why?

Because then he's not special.

These rare crystals and speeders being made easily attainable to all in patch 1.1.5 is only temporary. The patch notes clearly indicate they will only be available until 1.2 goes live (some have indicated that window only to be two weeks long). Besides, the crystals are ridiculously expensive; not every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to have these crystals before 1.2 goes live. Edited by SpitERI

Having no interest to raid, ever, I see no problems with this.

I have to agree with jimmy here. Is the 'snowflake' thing so important that we have to exclude everyone from everything? I know the flames are coming about hard work and achievements and so on but does it really matter guys? I know I know, easymode and all that and I can see what you're all on about there too. it's a game, can't we just enjoy it and to hell with who gets what?:confused:

I agree with Mashy.

Quit worrying about what the other cat has, how he got it, or how his ease of acquisition is an affront to your sensibilities. You got yours, he got his, be done with it. If this still doesn't solve the issue take a break for a day or two to realize it's a game. :rolleyes:

Edited by OnlyNameLeft

As soon as companies realized they could not only make a profit from gamers, but become filthy rich off of us, the "ZoMg special uber leet lolhardcore" content stopped.

Personally, I haven't seen NEAR the crybabying for this game that I have seen for others. People don't seem to care about the current endgame (the lack thereof) or what color crystal anyone has.

Hell.. if they offered everything on vendors that was available through every type of "endgame" (PvE/PvP/Crafting/Dailies/etc)... who cares?

They could attach a title to the achievements of doing it the "hard" way. They could give the title "Laziest of Carebears" to people who just buy it. I know I'd wear the title proudly... along with THOUSANDS of others.

It's a video game. Modern developers realize that gaming is a hobby, it's not a lifestyle (for 97% of gamers.. and yup, statistics online are always true), and one that most people do for fun. Healthy people feel accomplished in real life and don't need to parade around in something purple to think they completed some hard task.

The shed they built in the backyard or alternator that was replaced in their 2002 Mercury Cougar (Look it up.. it ain't easy) means more than killing pixels over and over to get a drop.

I used to spend 40+ hours a week raiding, farming for repair bill/mats, crafting for raid nights, officer meetings.. etc... etc... etc..

That was before I had children, a wife, a college degree, and a career. Sure, I could still be all LOLHARDCORE and get things done, but it's just not important... just as it's not important for a majority of gamers.

The loud minority that cares about accomplishing something in a video game should keep looking. SWTOR will never have what you are looking for, nor will any other mass marketed MMO. Your hardmodes will be nerfed, your gear will be had by all, your titles mean little when 6 months later, people solo content to get them.

MMOs, by design, are meant to be enjoyed by as many people as possible (unless your market is Asian only, or it's EvE online). Why would companies spend so much money for content that few, comparatively, will experience? Blizzard tried to go back to LOLHARDCORE. They were rewarded with less than 6% of players actually doing it. They lost millions of subscribers. They backpedaled somewhat. They got subscribers back... somewhat.

People spend so much time ranting and raving about a video game... jeebus. If it's important enough to post about, and you don't think it will change, just quit the game. There is no contract that forces anyone to continue playing something they dislike.

Wow... I'm amazed.

So seriously folks - you don't care about achieving anything and seeing all the stuff handled to you on a silver plate is fine?!

Now I'm even more astonished.

So maybe we'll just skip the leveling, give everyone button "insta 50 + all gear" and the issues are solved?! Cause that's what you see to be fine.

What's the point of this game than? If not playing to achieve something? When huge pile of cool items will be on a free give-away promotion till 1.2? :eek:

You know... I spend time in this game to get some cool things, enjoy helping others achieve what they seek for, support friends, and do my best to get stuff I want.

Now with 1.1.5 suddenly it all stops making sense when you can buy items for cash worth of 30 minutes doing space missions.

Dude, 2 weeks for the magenta crystal ? 1st time got the +en, 2nd time the +power

no waiting for respawns no messing. Your were unlucky.

No man, you were just very lucky, that's all.

And I wasn't looking for random magenta. More like - specific one :)

The loud minority that cares about accomplishing something in a video game should keep looking. SWTOR will never have what you are looking for, nor will any other mass marketed MMO. Your hardmodes will be nerfed, your gear will be had by all, your titles mean little when 6 months later, people solo content to get them.

So.. what's the point than?

I'm a semi-casual player. Don't have children yet, but I got work and play only in my free time. Still though - achieving something in a game is very cool, rewarding thing. When everything is given away for free than... I don't see a point in playing such a game.

What's the point of PvE than? PvP still remains fun for the sake of playing with real players, but PvE? It's all gear and teaching people to click in right moments, now when you give away the gear for free it starts to be nonsense. Why should I even bother with the game than when everything I can get is given to me for no cost as soon as I ding 50?

It's ridiculous logic. There's no target, nothing to keep playing for, so... why should I even bother?

But that all by itself still is a different issue from major one:

- Everyone who achieved something get kicked in the rear with 1.1.5 release.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

Its true that the OP should not worry about these things, since he and his guild know what they did to get these items.

But the point is, without these "quests" the game has no meaning at all when you go 50...

Because the only thing that a 50 lvl can do is get sickened by so much Huttball and BT HM until he gears for OPs (which are extremely difficult and I don't really get how ppl were able to "finish" them on even nightmare... )

Bottomline: If BW removes the feeling "I got to do that crazy stuff to get some awesome stuff" the game will lose a portion of its end game quality...

I'm sure EV and KP are only the beginning - they'll definitely introduce something like Naxx 40 - in terms of difficulty - soon.

No they wont. Just look at nightmare mode. The only thing that is scary in those operations are the bugs.

This game just like WoW figured out that you can make more money my giving people stuff instead of having them play the game to get it.

They believe a successful game is only measured in sub rates and not in how the game actually is.

If you took a game that had 1 million players that had fun playing it every min they logged on and then had another game that had 5 million players that only logged in to do their dailies and then logged off to do other things. They would consider the second game more of a success than the first because it makes more money. Its all about the money and nothing about the game to these companies, and thats a shame.

Can't wait for the changes coming in this patch. Finally my level 400 Artifice will be useful.

It won't.

It's the patch 1.2 that you look for.

1.1.5 will give items from vendors - the items you gonna be able to craft in 1.2.

So sorry mate, but thanks to 1.1.5 I won't need your Artifice anymore. I'll gear up, buy few crystals in reserve for alts and your artifice will be as useless as it was till now.

Oh, wait: Actually it will be more useless cause currently you can craft something unique: magenta crystal. After the patch you'll be screwed more than you are now.

Casuals like me pays the bills, not the hardcore leet raiders

What's the point of playing the game for you than?

What's the point of subscribing?

If you can get best items in a second you ding lvl50?

What for will you go to Operations or hunt World Bosses? Or play hard mode flashpoints?

Wow... I'm amazed.

So seriously folks - you don't care a **** about achieving anything and seeing all the stuff handled to you on a silver plate is fine?!

Now I'm even more astonished.

So maybe we'll just skip the leveling, give everyone button "insta 50 + all gear" and the issues are solved?! Cause that's what you see to be fine.

What's the point of this game than? If not playing to achieve something? When huge pile of cool items will be on a free give-away promotion till 1.2? :eek:

You know... I spend time in this game to get some cool things, enjoy helping others achieve what they seek for, support friends, and do my best to get stuff I want.

Now with 1.1.5 suddenly it all stops making sense when you can buy items for cash worth of 30 minutes doing space missions.

No man, you were just very lucky, that's all.

And I wasn't looking for random magenta. More like - specific one :)

So.. what's the point than?

I'm a semi-casual player. Don't have children yet, but I got work and play only in my free time. Still though - achieving something in a game is very cool, rewarding thing. When everything is given away for free than... I don't see a point in playing such a game.

What's the point of PvE than? PvP still remains fun for the sake of playing with real players, but PvE? It's all gear and teaching people to click in right moments, now when you give away the gear for free it starts to be nonsense. Why should I even bother with the game than when everything I can get is given to me for no cost as soon as I ding 50?

It's ridiculous logic. There's no target, nothing to keep playing for, so... why should I even bother?

But that all by itself still is a different issue from major one:

- Everyone who achieved something get kicked in the *** with 1.1.5 release.

Personally, I play for fun. I find it fun to run operations with my friends. I find it fun to customize my looks. I find it fun to craft. I find it fun to mess around on alts and try out the other classes. I find it fun to pvp. Absolutely none of that depends on whether fluff items that provide no mathematical advantage to people is available to everyone. Actually, it improves my enjoyment because now I can look exactly the way I want and the crafting skills I invested time in that were previously a waste are going to be worth something. Essentially, how entertained I am is not based on whether or not I have something other people don't have.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.