Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is yes, they did say there would be updates. Now, with the millions of items that are in this game is it really that hard to drop one on the VIP vendor? no.

They're either too cheap or they just don't care anymore - there's nothing for us in 3.0

What a scam.

If anyone didn't buy the CE, but is considering doing something similar for a Bioware/EA title in the future, remember this thread and save your money.

Edited by brokensoldier

Hey there folks!

We were definitely missing a couple of patch notes with regards to the Collector's Edition vendor updates. This has been corrected, and the following has been added under Items and Economy:

• The Collector's Edition vendor has been updated:
    • Added two new Bind on Pickup Dye Modules, Black/Medium Yellow and Deep Purple/Medium Green.
    • Deep Green/Medium Yellow and Deep Orange/Deep Red Dye Modules are once again Bind on Equip.

My apologies for the omission!

Eric,

It was over a year ago when there was something was added to the Collector's Edition Vender and that was was 2.2. It's now 3.0 and there hasn't been anything added to it since then. I see the dyes which are like 5k each that were added, but there are ones that are similar in Cartel packs to them so they don't make them that special. Is there a plan for anything else? What about having the Imperial Tooper Set become legacy bound so that we can see it on both the Imperial and Republic Side? I think it would be fun to have a Imperial Gear on the Republic side and Republic Gear on the Imperial Side.

Eric,

It was over a year ago when there was something was added to the Collector's Edition Vender and that was was 2.2. It's now 3.0 and there hasn't been anything added to it since then. I see the dyes which are like 5k each that were added, but there are ones that are similar in Cartel packs to them so they don't make them that special. Is there a plan for anything else?

Over a year? We got a decoration piece a few months ago. Just saying. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see more often something new there, but that doesn't mean we should ignore that they give us stuff from time to time.

Eric,

It was over a year ago when there was something was added to the Collector's Edition Vender and that was was 2.2. It's now 3.0 and there hasn't been anything added to it since then. I see the dyes which are like 5k each that were added, but there are ones that are similar in Cartel packs to them so they don't make them that special. Is there a plan for anything else? What about having the Imperial Tooper Set become legacy bound so that we can see it on both the Imperial and Republic Side? I think it would be fun to have a Imperial Gear on the Republic side and Republic Gear on the Imperial Side.

They added a statue stronghold decoration with 2.9

• 2 months later...
They're either too cheap or they just don't care anymore - there's nothing for us in 3.0

What a scam.

If anyone didn't buy the CE, but is considering doing something similar for a Bioware/EA title in the future, remember this thread and save your money.

Your pretty much on with the "they just don't care anymore". That's how I look at it and to be honest, never expect them ever to add anything ever again. If they do, it will probably be some lame color that only 1 person out of a million will want.

Id be curious to how many people who are still playing the game bought the Collectors Edition to those who did not.

They should just add all the previously available Korrealis mounts back to the V.I.P. vendor. It was said that they removed them due to size, but they brought them back a few shipments ago (different modules of course), and they have continued to make larger mounts since then.

If people were to be concerned about rarity, they should make it BoP for CE owners only. Since CE owners would only have access, the mounts would still be considered rare since those who are still around from 1.2 who obtained it, or the few CE owners who are still around would be able to get it.

Being a CE owner myself, I would love to see these back in the game as I have plenty of alts that could use a nice speeder, and if they were added back for CE's only I would be satisfied for a long time since nothing beside the Statue of Eternal Grace decoration has been added since dyes back in 2013, it's the least the devs could do for us.

I would love to know what people think about this as well.

It's been a while since I've even been in the VIP area thanks to Strongholds. I actually liked the black/yellow die in the CE Vendor. Used it for a few toons.

That being said, the fact that they add only one new item in there a year is pretty lame. When the game came out 3+ years ago the devs said it would be updated often. I guess often to them is around once a year. Next time I'll be sure to ask in a stream or something what Bioware's definition of often is.

Your pretty much on with the "they just don't care anymore". That's how I look at it and to be honest, never expect them ever to add anything ever again. If they do, it will probably be some lame color that only 1 person out of a million will want.

Id be curious to how many people who are still playing the game bought the Collectors Edition to those who did not.

I'm a CE holder, and I still play, and still play pretty much pvp only since beta. Honestly, even if it was just new color dyes that would work for me. The black/yellow is getting stale, as is the red/white on the security key vendor.

Might not be many CE people left. :(

it will probably be some lame color that only 1 person out of a million will want.

Here's the thing. There was no guarantee, at any time, ever, that anything added to the CE vendor would be desirable by anyone. That's the thing about virtual items - at no time prior to the release of the game was there anything definitive about what would be on the CE vendor. They could have added something new to the vendor every single week, but again there would be no guarantee that it would appeal to a majority of people.

To have based a purchase primarily on something like this is always a poor decision.

I am a CE owner by the way, and still playing the game (and enjoying it) regularly.

I pre-ordered the CE edition and have kept my 6 month sub up since launch.

I paid for the CE edition because I wanted to support the game, get the Malgus statue and the art book. The in game vendor and extra items were not a major part of the consideration.

The Republic based CE vendor had an armour set I didn't like, tried it on my commando for awhile but it didn't last long.

The Imperial CE armour was reasonable (would have preferred it without the backpack) but has since had several reskinned versions put on other reputation vendors (Makeb and one of the Cartel), but I only ever used it on a couple of companions.

The eye-HUD headpiece was okay and my main used it for ages, although colour variants of it were added into cartel packs.

Of the dye packs two are awful (green/yellow, green/purple), one is passable (Orange/red) and one is good (black/yellow) although most of the time I can guarantee at least one piece of gear will have a bad texture match :/

So, on the whole I never got a lot of use out of the CE vendor and don't base future considerations of continued subscription on future updates.

I'm a CE holder that still plays somwhat regularly, there's some of us left at least. Still see the dye on fleet once in a while too.

But I'm surprised this thread is still going. I'm glad some of you care enough to keep going(even though I don't think they check this thread), I've just conceded a while ago myself. Usually I'd always check the vendor on the PTS or when a patch went live, but I just cba anymore.

One good thing came out of it. I learned my lesson and won't get fooled by this sort of thing again. Not the cheapest lesson, but hey.

Edited by Luxidenstore

So, on the whole I never got a lot of use out of the CE vendor and don't base future considerations of continued subscription on future updates.

I don't think anyone here recently is saying that they'll unsub over the CE vendor. It's really just a curiousity about if some new colors or a new armorweapon set might come sometime this year. I gave up on the regular updates promised for it after nothing happened in the first few patches. Now I just think a simple dye or gear piece would be cool, once per year.

Ohlen said it will feature exclusive weapons and armor.

But again, nothing says any of it would be appealing to all the CE holders or be all that useful. Like Vhaegrant, I took a look at the stuff on there and went, meh. Absolutely nothing I ever needed or felt compelled enough to get, because I didn't base my whole existence on buying the CE or playing the game on what that vendor may have.

Despite there not being a guarantee of anything desirable in the CE vendor, I think at this point people would be happy if there SOMETHING put in there on a somewhat regular basis. Maybe those stupid Socorro (sp?) weapons from the CC packs a few months back that no one liked.

I've actually like republic armor in there, especially if you dye it right for role playing. I've just never had anyone come up to me and go "Where'd you get that armor!?" which I think is what most people wanted to do when they bought their CE; flash of their armor to people and say "you can't have this".

Oh well, I still look at the Malgus Statue and I enjoyed the little things that came with it, so still worth it.

Despite there not being a guarantee of anything desirable in the CE vendor, I think at this point people would be happy if there SOMETHING put in there on a somewhat regular basis. Maybe those stupid Socorro (sp?) weapons from the CC packs a few months back that no one liked.

So to keep CE owners happy you'd put an item on the vendor that costs peanuts on the GTN because no one else likes them?

The Socorro weapons are a case in point of why there should be an option to colour weapons, maybe a limited pallet of metallic hues for the barrel. They would have looked great with gun metal or rusty barrels, just perfect for Blizz.