Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

ydenneksirhc

just scroll through and see how many people feel the need to call 'Force Cloak' 'Vanish.'

Note to readers, when someone opens a thread labeled deception, and starts spouting how someone is stupid for not using darkness, you can ignore their post. look for their replies in a darkness thread if that's information you want. I assure you, both are viable (and we are open)

Edited by Taow

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word is "moot" guys.

It's a moot issue, not a mute issue.

moot

1   [moot]

adjective

open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

Chiefly Law. not actual; theoretical; hypothetical.

mute

silent; refraining from speech or utterance.

not emitting or having sound of any kind.

incapable of speech; dumb.

(of letters) silent; not pronounced.

I cannot believe this, they actually stickied this guide!!! haha thats great, thanks for all the support guys!!!

Only thing is, in the private message i got saying so, they said my "darkness assassin guide" but not a big deal i think lol.

Cheers guys :)

I cannot believe this, they actually stickied this guide!!! haha thats great, thanks for all the support guys!!!

Only thing is, in the private message i got saying so, they said my "darkness assassin guide" but not a big deal i think lol.

Cheers guys :)

Arg! You must have caught me before my first coffee :(. Keep up the good work and once again thank you, and everyone else, for contributing to the community!

Edited by Zoggel

Before starting i have to point out that is guide is very good, in fact is one of the most organized and profound that someone can find.

After playing assasin dps a lot i am valor 71 bm geared i have to point out couple things as a continuation of this guide.

1. The assasin dps is very dificult to play as it has low survivibility, that is why many believe that is not viable against tanks or healers. In order to compensate that you need to find all the soft caps from your stats in order to make EVERY STRIKE COUNT

So first things first get as much as willpower as possible i myself have 1560

Furthermore get critical above 30/ nomore than 35/

And surge more than 70/ nomore than 75

Make a matrix cube, and get all the datacrons of willpower,strenght,endurance and the plus 10 from the museum

2. Combine mods with other specs for ex the weaponmaster has some mods that can inccrease your power your critical and ur surge and decrease the accuracy which above 99/ does not make much diferent

Last but not least USE DISCHARGE WHENEVER YOU CAN

( this class is only for fast dps bursts nothing else, that is why i prefer also to use chain shocks right tree)

Edited by CountErebus

Before starting i have to point out that is guide is very good, in fact is one of the most organized and profound that someone can find.

After playing assasin dps a lot i am valor 71 bm geared i have to point out couple things as a continuation of this guide.

1. The assasin dps is very dificult to play as it has low survivibility, that is why many believe that is not viable against tanks or healers. In order to compensate that you need to find all the soft caps from your stats in order to make EVERY STRIKE COUNT

So first things first get as much as willpower as possible i myself have 1560

Furthermore get critical above 30/ nomore than 35/

And surge more than 70/ nomore than 75

Make a matrix cube, and get all the datacrons of willpower,strenght,endurance and the plus 10 from the museum

2. Combine mods with other specs for ex the weaponmaster has some mods that can inccrease your power your critical and ur surge and decrease the accuracy which above 99/ does not make much diferent

Last but not least USE DISCHARGE WHENEVER YOU CAN

( this class is only for fast dps bursts nothing else, that is why i prefer also to use chain shocks right tree)

Hey man, gratz on war hero!!! must feel great!!! :)

In terms of what you said, all correct and well put, im sorry i didnt include those, but things such as the matrix cube, thats just generally doing something for every class at 50, i figured it out easily, i assumed others could, plus this guide is more to get people on their feet with the assassin deception spec, for you (being valor 71 already) this was probably more of an entertaining read, to see someone elses perspective on the class you love and play.

Thanks for the soft cap advice, and i hope people who read your post take that into account! And i think i said use discharge whenever u can, but maybe i didnt, thanks anyways haha.

Overall, loved the positive feedback dude, Cheers!! :)

what happened to the older better sticky??????? i want that one back as i referenced it frequently. this is not good for reference as there is no index and the information a person may be loooking for is too hard to find.

This was stickied in the Inquisitor forum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1256

I assume this is the guide you're referring to:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778

Not sure why it was removed from here...

what happened to the older better sticky??????? i want that one back as i referenced it frequently. this is not good for reference as there is no index and the information a person may be loooking for is too hard to find.

Um, ive been playing since launch day, and have been on the forums for a while. I dont remember any other "deception guide" being around the forums, and many of the people who have posted on this thread have said they couldn't find another one anywhere else.....Im not quite sure what you are looking for...sorry you couldn't find it :p lol

Cheers

This was stickied in the Inquisitor forum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1256

I assume this is the guide you're referring to:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=778

Not sure why it was removed from here...

ohhh the codex, ya i remember reading that before, great reference, Gave a lot of great explainations on abilities to, helped me get started aswell. What he has that i dont is he tells people how to gear and such, although gearing is pretty straightfoward for the current classes in game, not much stuff you can change. I really enjoyed reading that before, astral put a lot of knowledge into that post. Only thing he didn't do was explain how to actually play the class in combat scenarios, which is fine, still a wonderful post.

Thanks for linking the codex, and i recommend everyone who liked my guide, to also take a look into this codex. :)

Enjoyed the guide. I play a little different variation on the spec however its a great breakdown of skills rotation etc. Only thing i would add to this guide for new players is a breakdown of what stats people should focus on for mods etc. Im still playing with stats atm. (Crit, power, surge stacking etc.) Im only 47 atm and i find my crit at 22% and some change seems a bit low. I plan on running full modable gear (orange) and havent decided which stat would be most beneficial.

Hey was wondering what people thought of this spec I'm Thinking of.

http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/assassin/?p=2030003000000000000023232221110320021510000000000000000000

Note that i run always with guildmates and survivability is somewhat less of an issue for me then the average solo queuing deception, with that in mind I'm just really after great burst potential without totally bypassing survivability (hence why i still put points into Insulation and Avoidance)

Hey was wondering what people thought of this spec I'm Thinking of.

http://torguild.net/calculator/sith-inquisitor/assassin/?p=2030003000000000000023232221110320021510000000000000000000

Note that i run always with guildmates and survivability is somewhat less of an issue for me then the average solo queuing deception, with that in mind I'm just really after great burst potential without totally bypassing survivability (hence why i still put points into Insulation and Avoidance)

If i were you, from what your situation is (always grouping up with guildies) i would go the chain shock route, but thats built for more damage, PvP isnt always about doing the most damage, its about winning, the reason i put the 8 points into darkness was so i could have more survivability, carry huttballs, gaurd the occasional ball carrier, help caps faster (reduced speed CD) and such. but ur spec is your choice and i wish you the best of luck with it.

Enjoyed the guide. I play a little different variation on the spec however its a great breakdown of skills rotation etc. Only thing i would add to this guide for new players is a breakdown of what stats people should focus on for mods etc. Im still playing with stats atm. (Crit, power, surge stacking etc.) Im only 47 atm and i find my crit at 22% and some change seems a bit low. I plan on running full modable gear (orange) and havent decided which stat would be most beneficial.

This isnt like WoW where you have to reforge loads of things and add enchants and gems and such to improve preformance, i just played with whatever the battlemaster set gave me, and the columi raiding set gave me, i never swapped mods or armoring or anything and was always on top, this game is easier to understand in that respect, just go with the flow i would say, but some people like to swap mods around and such im cool with that, the gear at its current stats give a player a good balance between acc/power and crit/surge.

cheers :)

I've seen many guides saying that 0/33/8 is better for sins. Can you tell us why this one is better?

Id like to start by saying i never said "my talents are better" i simply put in my guide that in my eyes (thats my opinion, not a fact) this spec is better for PvP. This is because going 7 points into darkness with the talents i mentioned lowers the CD on your force speed and force shroud, both critical spells for surviving in PvP, and the tree u mentioned has chain shock, which is great for PvE, and can be great in PvP too, but most of the time when i used to play, i found myself solo queing for warzones, so i prefered to have better survivability. Thats all lol

Cheers :)

Can you tell us your skill rotation before you had spike.

I believe i got spike at level 36, so it didn't take long for me since i was seasoned WoW player with many 80/85s lol, but before i had spike and voltaic slash as openers, i just used maul, i know i said the 50 force sucks in my guide, but the increased regen after leaving stealth would help with that either way, thats probably your best bet :)

Thank you for this guide.. I lvled as Darkness but my guild has way to many tanks and deception seemed like the spec that id have the most fun. Right now im still getting used to how to play but after this i know ill have a better realization what to use and how to fight. Thank you again