Sith Assassin Detailed Deception Guide

ydenneksirhc

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should remove the keybinding section from this guild. Doing so accomplishes 2 things:

1. It makes the guide shorter.

2. It removes unnecessary information from the guide.

Keybindings and details belong in their own guide.

Saber strike does not 'build force'. It is simply an ability used when you don't have enough force to allow you to regen force during that period. If you want to hard regen force, use blackout.

A couple of other pieces of information would be great.

1. how much resolve does spike build?

2. how much resolve does low slash build?

3. how much resolve does the stun build?

I suggest opening with force slow. I have even seen enemies use a trinket to break force slow (serious *** lol). Save your spike so you can vanish then spike as needed (not used as opener depending on resolve bar filling).

I would also critique your build a little. 2/31/8 for the double shock (with buff from VS is really good). I have seen debate on arpen vs double VS. Honestly, it is probably a was and personal preference.

Static charge, full 2 points. having force slow when needed is big!

lose 2 points from either avoidance or obfuscation.

That build you give up 9% arpen (doesn't affect all abilities FYI) and a shorter cd on force speed (again, personal preference).

So, in conclusion:

1. remove keybinds

2. suggest alternate opener (force slow)

3. list 2 builds and benefits of each

4. change info on saber strike :)

You should remove the keybinding section from this guild. Doing so accomplishes 2 things:

1. It makes the guide shorter.

2. It removes unnecessary information from the guide.

Keybindings and details belong in their own guide.

Saber strike does not 'build force'. It is simply an ability used when you don't have enough force to allow you to regen force during that period. If you want to hard regen force, use blackout.

A couple of other pieces of information would be great.

1. how much resolve does spike build?

2. how much resolve does low slash build?

3. how much resolve does the stun build?

I suggest opening with force slow. I have even seen enemies use a trinket to break force slow (serious *** lol). Save your spike so you can vanish then spike as needed (not used as opener depending on resolve bar filling).

I would also critique your build a little. 2/31/8 for the double shock (with buff from VS is really good). I have seen debate on arpen vs double VS. Honestly, it is probably a was and personal preference.

Static charge, full 2 points. having force slow when needed is big!

lose 2 points from either avoidance or obfuscation.

That build you give up 9% arpen (doesn't affect all abilities FYI) and a shorter cd on force speed (again, personal preference).

So, in conclusion:

1. remove keybinds

2. suggest alternate opener (force slow)

3. list 2 builds and benefits of each

4. change info on saber strike :)

Ok im gonna start by saying this is fantastic feedback, just what i like to see in a post, very detailed too.

So, when i said "saber strike to regain force" i meant it in terms of when people PvE with the 2 piece set bonus, saber strike does regen force, but your correct, that was my mistake thanks for correcting me.

Next, the smart pvpers wont blow a trink/CD on force slow, if they do, they are incredibly stupid. Most of the time, im up against fellow battlemasters and war heros, so i dont expect them to. I only use force slow when they start to run off, otherwise i can manage them on the spot. Using force slow on a target who really isnt running away is a waste of a GCD imo, but thats just me, i feel i can deal more damage, and when i need force slow, ill use it :)

U mentioned another build. I like your idea, and i can already tell you ive gone the chain shock route, and it really isnt as great as i thought it would be. The reason i put 7 talents into the darkness tree as a deception, was because of the mobility talent in row 2, its unbeatable. Remember to take into account that this is a PvP build, that work fine for PvE. My main issue with chain shock is that, if both the main and second chain shock crit, i lose 2 charges of recklessness, which bothers me seeing as the second shock only does a percentage of the damage that the first one does. maybe if they made that like 75% id do it for PvP. and as for PvE, your right, mobility isnt really needed as dps, but melee can get into sticky situations, and mobility can save you in these circumstances. But i agree that chain shock for PvE is better.

The reason i included the keybinds was because i saw so many youtube vids of people putting stuff like recklessness and force cloak on their main bar (1-12) well i believe thats a waste, dont put major CDs on the buttons you have the quickest access to and will be hitting the most. thats what shift-1 and R, and T, and etc are for, but hey thats just my opinion, everyone should keybind what is most comfortable to them, im just giving them an idea of how i do it. and the keybinds section isnt only telling people where i put my spells. Its an in depth explanation of the spells, better than the tooltips in game. Tooltips wont say "only use maul when the talent procs, otherwise it aint worth the amount of force it costs" and a good few people will make the mistake of using it otherwise, and letting 50 force go down the drain, killing your chances at killing the person your up against, because you have no force. You can say "well people read the talents" well you would be surpirsed, i played WoW for nearly 4 years as a healer, and ive seen people in raids with decent gear who didnt realize what talents they had that could benefit them if they used their spells more efficently, and some people just google builds on the internet, copy them, and dont bother reading much of it, hence my explanation on EVERY talent i put in lol :p

Cheers :)

I play 50 shadow(I have siths too and more republics but that's my only level 50) but this is a very nice guide.

Good work! :)

Hey shagatha,

im sorry that this was probably difficult for you to understand seeing as your spell names are different! lol but i guess i gave enough detail that you could manage to tell which spells were which. I hope you were able to translate it into a shadow PoV, and hope its working out for you :)

Great post! Nice to see the community sharing some knowledge.

I would definitely vote for a Darkness guide and some YouTube videos of PvP play.

Cheers!

First person to mention the youtube idea!!! haha great, well to be very honest, ive only made a few vids for school projects and put them on youtube. Im great at the game itself, but id imagine im a horrible filmmaker!! :p im currently looking into fraps seeing as its the most popular way of recording gameplay, and i have a powerful computer so i can handle multiple things working together at once.

In terms of a darkness guide, i made a response to someone elses comment saying i wanted to get more darkness experience in before i start preaching about it on the forums. So im planning on going darnkess this week, and testing out all sorts of different builds and specs and really gonna try to get the know the spec as much as i can before making a guide, but im pretty sure at this point ill have a tank guide up soon! (with a better layout and better editing too haha)

If you have any suggestions on any other recording programs i could use, please feel free to tell me. Im very much open to other recording/filmmaking ideas. :)

U mentioned another build. I like your idea, and i can already tell you ive gone the chain shock route, and it really isnt as great as i thought it would be. The reason i put 7 talents into the darkness tree as a deception, was because of the mobility talent in row 2, its unbeatable. Remember to take into account that this is a PvP build, that work fine for PvE. My main issue with chain shock is that, if both the main and second chain shock crit, i lose 2 charges of recklessness, which bothers me seeing as the second shock only does a percentage of the damage that the first one does. maybe if they made that like 75% id do it for PvP. and as for PvE, your right, mobility isnt really needed as dps, but melee can get into sticky situations, and mobility can save you in these circumstances. But i agree that chain shock for PvE is better.

I've gone back and forth over the builds. I've read a lot of info about each style, but I think you just hit the nail on the head. 1 build is better (double shock) for PVE and 1 build is better (shorter cd for speed) for PVP.

I've gone back and forth over the builds. I've read a lot of info about each style, but I think you just hit the nail on the head. 1 build is better (double shock) for PVE and 1 build is better (shorter cd for speed) for PVP.

Thank you very much. Its all about opinions and self experience. :)

if you are trying to PVP and moving your hand from 1 side of the keyboard to the other then you are doing it wrong

hot tip for the OP is DONT use 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, -, etc etc - they are too far away

I have 12 buttons on my mouse, its called the razor naga, a bit expensive but well worth the price.

Umm... So your deception and your whole goal is to do burst dps, yet you dont go for dbl shock lol... or 9 extra melee crit for 10 secs... im confused :)...

Proven that dbl shock does more dps than the small armor pen and boast to 6% to vt.. ohwell...

The armor pen is just a stepping stone, its the reduced sprint and reduced shroud CDs i want the most, works wonders in pvp. if u pve then get rid of those and go chain shock :)

Sorry didn't read all the posts so if this has been said then ignore please.

If you want to play a rouge from wow Play an Opperative.

If you want to play a stealthy dps play an assassin.

Great guide btw, You covered all the stuff I have experimented with and put them all in one place.

Sorry didn't read all the posts so if this has been said then ignore please.

If you want to play a rouge from wow Play an Opperative.

If you want to play a stealthy dps play an assassin.

Great guide btw, You covered all the stuff I have experimented with and put them all in one place.

ya i mentioned those things, and i agree with you on the rogue part. No worries, more feedback is always welcome, glad you enjoyed the read!

cheers :)

The success behind my great mobility is my naga mouse, they cost like 150 bucks, but every many people use them for pvp because they have 12 buttons on them, plus 2 more on top, very nice for mobility. and they last a long time, great quality mouse, i use them for work, and other games too. they made a swtor one recently and id think maybe people might start to buy that one, but im sticking the older version.

heres a picture of the swtor version:

http://www.ggsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SWTOR-Razer-Mouse-456x325.jpg

Heard great things about naga but for me nothing beats a good trackball for circle strafing. That and getting rid of forward and backward keys. Strafe keys only.

Read all of it and, wow man, great guide. I'm a fresh Assassin now L24 (and have a L50-V58 Guardian somewhere far away in fact :)) but this guide made clear what I'm gonna do from now on. As you said, I made an assassin because I love stealth and DPS, and I was already enjoying it. And I was about go with 2/31/8 but now I know where to spend my points at all, how to rotate around.

Thanks again, bookmarked this page.

Heard great things about naga but for me nothing beats a good trackball for circle strafing. That and getting rid of forward and backward keys. Strafe keys only.

Hey, ive never heard of a trackball, can you further explain what it is? sounds really interesting!! ill be sure to google it! :)

But yes the naga may not be for everyone seeing as its one of the most expensive gaming accessories on the market today, but for a good reason, it makes a real difference in PvP, and makes PvE smoother in my opinion, but i dont PvE enough to justify that, lol heroic operation once in a while :p

Read all of it and, wow man, great guide. I'm a fresh Assassin now L24 (and have a L50-V58 Guardian somewhere far away in fact :)) but this guide made clear what I'm gonna do from now on. As you said, I made an assassin because I love stealth and DPS, and I was already enjoying it. And I was about go with 2/31/8 but now I know where to spend my points at all, how to rotate around.

Thanks again, bookmarked this page.

Knowing that someone is going to take my knowledge to its full potential makes me smile, because its the reason i made the guide in the first place, to help the knew assassins get on their feet, and quickly adapt to their new class :)

(and to help the currently experienced assassins too lol)

And as for the spec, maybe you feel you wont need one of the talents i said was recommended, and you might take something else that you feel fits your playstyle better. I hate hearing new players say "oh i got this great build from the internet and im just gonna follow it" problem with that is those people NEVER read the talents, they just assume they are gonna wreck with those talents :p but it sounds like you actually READ my talent descriptions, so you understand how "my" playstyle works, because everyone develops their own, you will too! Good Luck! :D

Nice guide. Only thing I do diffrent really is I pop my relic, reck and adrenal together for burst setup.

I wanted to suggest to people looking for an easier way to kb to look into the merc stealth line of key boards. I refuse to buy any razor products after years of let down using them. Buttons not working after a short time, the cable getting messed up and other issues have pushed me back to logitech.

I have several classes, and using the mx518 mouse with the merc stealth kb lets me bind everything, and no button is more than an inch and a half away from my hand.

Nice guide. Only thing I do diffrent really is I pop my relic, reck and adrenal together for burst setup.

I wanted to suggest to people looking for an easier way to kb to look into the merc stealth line of key boards. I refuse to buy any razor products after years of let down using them. Buttons not working after a short time, the cable getting messed up and other issues have pushed me back to logitech.

I have several classes, and using the mx518 mouse with the merc stealth kb lets me bind everything, and no button is more than an inch and a half away from my hand.

As a matter of fact ive done the same, ive used the trink and reck at the same time (im not a fan of adrenals, too lazy to bother haha) and it works really well. So i should have mentioned that, lol.

and in terms of razors products, i personally have only had the naga mouse, and it has never caused me any problems, ive had it for like 5 years now, still works like new out of the box, maybe for some people its different. I hope logitech serves you well :)

Knowing that someone is going to take my knowledge to its full potential makes me smile, because its the reason i made the guide in the first place, to help the knew assassins get on their feet, and quickly adapt to their new class :)

(and to help the currently experienced assassins too lol)

And as for the spec, maybe you feel you wont need one of the talents i said was recommended, and you might take something else that you feel fits your playstyle better. I hate hearing new players say "oh i got this great build from the internet and im just gonna follow it" problem with that is those people NEVER read the talents, they just assume they are gonna wreck with those talents :p but it sounds like you actually READ my talent descriptions, so you understand how "my" playstyle works, because everyone develops their own, you will too! Good Luck! :D

lol, I'm a little obsessive about my rotations & gamestyle (so as you guessed, read it letter by letter :p) and actually I already developed some alternatives. But the way you explain the things why you choose something over another is what I really needed, clarified most of the puzzles I was wondering about. I love PvP more too and I respecced for the 3rd time at only L24 because of that, I love experimenting and this is a solid base build for me to mess with :) (Had developed my guardian based on a guide like that in the past, I love when people like you try to help instead of sitting in a dark corner and live with his/her secrets :p) Thanks a lot again.