Lack of "Heroic" feeling armor.

georgelue

IDK about you. But I would pay money to have Revans Robes. even if we can get them non-cannonly. closest things you can get are empire side only graphic robes that are black and purple.

Nilhius's Mask shouldof' been a legendary item reward for inquisitors imo. :<

You are willing to pay real money? I think my 15 dollars a month is enough. If it's too rare, they should make it in the CE store make it very expensive.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gear design in this game is questionable...

Has anyone seen a Jedi Sage in full Rakata or Columi Gear?

What kind of Jedi wears that stuff?

Don't get me started on some of the Sith gear... wow... Gives me the impression that Bioware distributes free crack during dev meetings/sessions :p

I agree!

Gear is "heroic" only when very few have it. Its that simple. It even almost doesn't matter how it looks (if no total garbage). The moment every second player wears this same armor that moment it stops being "heroic". And when bioware learns (hopefully soon) how to adjust game difficulty on the razor edge that both hardcore and casual player to enjoy it then they will have their first "heroic" feel gear (and not bored end-gamers). They need to learn to make gear acquiring to come at the exactly same speed as they are able to introduce new content. Everyone have this gear tier -> the same moment new one comes, again the moment most ppl are geared -> new content tier comes and so on.

Gear is "heroic" only when very few have it. Its that simple. It even almost doesn't matter how it looks (if no total garbage). The moment every second player wears this same armor that moment it stops being "heroic". And when bioware learns (hopefully soon) how to adjust game difficulty on the razor edge that both hardcore and casual player to enjoy it then they will have their first "heroic" feel gear (and not bored end-gamers). They need to learn to make gear acquiring to come at the exactly same speed as they are able to introduce new content. Everyone have this gear tier -> the same moment new one comes, again the moment most ppl are geared -> new content tier comes and so on.

please..no hamster wheel gear chasing.

please..no hamster wheel gear chasing.

Its all about what themeparks are. If you think the story comes into play anymore you are in a big mistake. You are actually in a huge mistake if you think a game that is basically a 1:1 clone will be different hamster wheel with different hamsters. You will very soon realize that the game will or fail or learn how to be decent hamster wheel - and what will we say here is totally irrelevant simply 'cos this are the only options.

You don't believe me? Just look at the game itself - what is the only hamster wheel that somewhat works in the game? The PVP gear wheel (all others are currently broken). Its gear wheel is working decently so WZs are almost the only thing that we play. Even BW stated they will work more toward it :p

Edited by SBite

Have to say, wearing full PvP set for Sith Warrior makes a char look like Darth Marr and it's pretty "heroic" or how you wanna call it.

I do like the look of Darth Marr, but I am sure there are many players out there that want to look like another major character.

Op, I AM SAYING THE GEAR LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. And have no qualms in doing so.

Wth were they thinking? Sith Inq feathered hats????! ***? Seriously?

Whoever came up with that design should be fired. AND NOT ONLY HIM/THEM, BUT WHOEVER APPROVED IT.

This is another example of where Bio failed. IT COULD OF BEEN AWESOME, but they tripped on their own feet.

How sad

Op, I AM SAYING THE GEAR LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE. And have no qualms in doing so.

Wth were they thinking? Sith Inq feathered hats????! ***? Seriously?

Whoever came up with that design should be fired. AND NOT ONLY HIM/THEM, BUT WHOEVER APPROVED IT.

This is another example of where Bio failed. IT COULD OF BEEN AWESOME, but they tripped on their own feet.

How sad

I'm just wondering who approved it. I was expecting my SI to look like Palpatine, plain simple black robes, but guess what I got instead? Witch looking hat with robes that don't have a palpatine-ish style of robes. All I wanted is plain black robes like Palpatine.

Unless you define the aesthetic you want a little more specifically than using an adjective that can mean millions of different things to different people, you'll never get your point across, OP.

Conan the barbarian certainly is heroic.

So is freaking firefighter's gear.

Luke's RotJ dark outfit is bleeding awesome - and yet starkly simple.

So.. we're not sure what you mean by heroic. But please, keep in mind that this is high sci-fi/sci-fantasy, not fantasy proper. Glowing effects and torrents of magic light simply aren't going to realistically happen here and they definitely shouldn't.

Appearances are so subjective and related to personal tastes.

I don't want to look like Malgus. And I don't want other players to look like malgus or other bosses. Kinda takes away the magic of bosses.

I don't really want to look like an anime character either - I hate anime and that style in armors.

I pretty much like the design philosphy that has gear fitting a theme that makes your class obvious, but, I don't like having forced hoods/not hoods or capes/not capes.

For ex, I have zero desire to ever wear a caped chest piece on my gunslinger, or to look like a space cowboy since I think that doesn't fit smugglers or this game at all.