Lack of "Heroic" feeling armor.

georgelue

I'm not saying gear looks like garbage, it's just that I don't have that "heroic" feeling when I wear it. Orange armor does look good, but we have a limited amount of it. I've always wanted "Major character" armor like Darth malgus, emperor vitatie etc. not endgame gear every lvl 50 wears. I know they will soon add a feature to "extract" stats from purple to other armor, but my message is: Please add level 50 orange heroic armor that major characters wear. (Darth Malgus etc.) So I get that heroic feeling. I would really appreciate this feature.

Thanks!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying gear looks like garbage, it's just that I don't have that "heroic" feeling when I wear it. Orange armor does look good, but we have a limited amount of it. I've always wanted "Major character" armor like Darth malgus, emperor vitatie etc. not endgame gear every lvl 50 wears. I know they will soon add a feature to "extract" stats from purple to other armor, but my message is: Please add level 50 orange heroic armor that major characters wear. (Darth Malgus etc.) So I get that heroic feeling. I would really appreciate this feature.

Thanks!

But for the most part gear does look like garbage. I can see what they were attempting to from a design point, but they didn't make it. I am hoping the new sets coming in 1.2 will fix that issue, I personally am a fan of the very simple and clean look. The Sith and Jedi robe come to mind.

But for the most part gear does look like garbage. I can see what they were attempting to from a design point, but they didn't make it. I am hoping the new sets coming in 1.2 will fix that issue, I personally am a fan of the very simple and clean look. The Sith and Jedi robe come to mind.

Thank you for the response! And yes, I do agree with you! I also think that maybe MAJOR MAJOR characters' gear should drop in HM operations/flashpoints. An example for a major figure would be:

False Emperor HM, Entire Malgus set would be available for loot

Edited by georgelue

Personally I think it would be cool if like the Collectors Edition sold more armor than just Reuplic officer and Empire Trooper gear.

Like Revans Robes Republic Side

Atri's White Historian Robes Republic Side

White and Blue Trooper Armor Republic Side

Emperor's Robes Empire Side

Nihlius's Mask Empire Side

Right now I am hunting for my Jedi the BEST looking Guradian Armor I can Physically Get. its a Blue Warpaint Recolor of the lvl 40 pvp gear.

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/10029.jpg

Best Pic I can obtain

Edited by Magnusheart

what does 'that heroic feeling' feel like exactly?

:o

I know in my crappy quest reward greens I don't really know how I feel.

I think it's a 'not so fresh feeling'

edited to clarify: I'm just being silly...I totally get what you are saying lol. Some of the gear looks a bit 'Meh'

Edited by Kabjat

what does 'that heroic feeling' feel like exactly?

:o

I know in my crappy quest reward greens I don't really know how I feel.

I think it's a 'not so fresh feeling'

Thanks for the reply! By "heroic" feeling I mean a feeling that makes you feel like your a major character, like Darth Malgus. With the gear we have it makes me feel like I'm just another random character with usual endgame gear. I want to feel like a "Darth Malgus" type of major character, not just a random lvl 50er.

Thanks for the reply! By "heroic" feeling I mean a feeling that makes you feel like your a major character, like Darth Malgus. With the gear we have it makes me feel like I'm just another random character with usual endgame gear. I want to feel like a "Darth Malgus" type of major character, not just a random lvl 50er.

Yeah I can totally see that. If you do the heavy duty content your toon should totally look the part. Darth Malgus is a BAMF looking scary dude but I haven't seen any gear like what he wears on player characters. Much of it looks sort of...mish-mash? I dunno...maybe I dont pay enough attention lol

In all consulation.

You can get Malgus's Chestpeice. but no cape. its a lower lvl sith warrior chestpeice.

And u can find resperators almost everywhere. : /

I am not only mentioning Malgus, I am speaking for all of the major character. And plus, what good is a Malgus set without a cape? :p

I am not only mentioning Malgus, I am speaking for all of the major character. And plus, what good is a Malgus set without a cape? :p

Personally I think it would be cool if like the Collectors Edition sold more armor than just Reuplic officer and Empire Trooper gear.

Like Revans Robes Republic Side

Atri's White Historian Robes Republic Side

White and Blue Trooper Armor Republic Side

Emperor's Robes Empire Side

Nihlius's Mask Empire Side

Right now I am hunting for my Jedi the BEST looking Guradian Armor I can Physically Get. its a Blue Warpaint Recolor of the lvl 40 pvp gear.

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/10029.jpg

Best Pic I can obtain

Indeed. ._. Would love to see White and Blue Trooper Armor thats orange moddable. for none exist.

Indeed. ._. Would love to see White and Blue Trooper Armor thats orange moddable. for none exist.

Mask of Darth Nihilus? Epic. Just epic. I would like to see the armor of all major characters from KOTOR to SWTOR. If they have Darth Sion's/Exar Kun's/Bastila Shan's lightsaber available in vendors, why not their gear? I would love to have the mask of Nihilus.

I did a Heroic yesterday with a jugger that was wearing exactly what you want. the mask, the chestpiece and the cape. Try digging around in TORSPY to see if its in there. I searched quite a bit before deciding that i wanted my assassin to wear imperial pilot pants.

Right now i'm waiting for the to put back in the helmet+hood options. But thats another thread...

The gear design in this game is questionable...

Has anyone seen a Jedi Sage in full Rakata or Columi Gear?

What kind of Jedi wears that stuff?

Don't get me started on some of the Sith gear... wow... Gives me the impression that Bioware distributes free crack during dev meetings/sessions :p

Edited by DukeAtreides

I have never liked the look of Heroic armor. I enjoy very simple designs that seem realistic... or really really skimpy outfits that are just sexy.

Same. One of the things that pisses me off in WoW is you get super fancy armors as paladins that almost destroys the what a paladin is. I rather have simple robes similar to the movies than anything obnoxious with wings.

Same. One of the things that pisses me off in WoW is you get super fancy armors as paladins that almost destroys the what a paladin is. I rather have simple robes similar to the movies than anything obnoxious with wings.

But you didn't like riding around looking like Tyreal from Diablo?!

I personally loved the armor in DAoC when it first came out. It just looked.....used, which was great.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.