Sorcs and Sages need 2 Stances so they cannot Heal and DPS at the same time.

RedMix

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a sorc/sage do 500k healing and damage. I didnt read the whole thread but:

Screen Shot or it didnt happen.

The hybrid spec are terrible against any class that has any kind of burst damage(Maurauder/sent). When I play hybrid on my sage I can do a lot of damage but my healing is severly gimped and my big heal takes a long time to get off, L2Interupt and a hybrid loses.

Im a hybrid dps sorc. I pull off on average 400k to 500k damage and around 60 - 70 kills depending on the warzone. Want to know how I do it? 90% of the matches I am completely ignored. Stop pretending Sorcs dont exist. Because I really am a glass cannon. Ive played against plenty of people who were smart enough to do sit on me.

The way I see it, its the people that aren't that great at pvp who constantly cry out for nerfs. For instance, I hate when a BH or assassin pulls me into fire or acid then stuns me. I dont run to the forums and cry. My solution? Line of sight him or stun him before he pulls me. Learn the game mechanics and stop being a care bear.

-D

I have never seen a sorc/sage do 500k healing.and damage. I didnt read the whole thread but:

Screen Shot or it didnt happen.

The hybrid spec are terrible against any class that has any kind of burst damage(Maurauder/sent). When I play hybrid on my sage I can do a lot of damage but my healing is severly gimped and my big heal takes a long time to get off, L2Interupt and a hybrid loses.

Exactly.

What would your stances do to PvE leveling for a Heal Spec sage? If you remove our ability to do any damage while healing we cannot effectively level. Granted as a heal spec I’m not exactly brining the rain with DPS, but it gives me and my companion the little edge we need to clear pulls.

Your argument is based on PvP, please don’t destroy a fun healing class because you haven’t learned to kill them in PvP. Your problem is with hybrid spec, but it screws everyone who isn’t.

I’m honestly not trying to be argumentative and no insult to anyone was intended, I am just asking people to think large scale at all aspects and not just about PvP which isn’t as important to everyone.

Edited by tetsuosan

100% support this idea.

Sorcs/Sages are by far the easiest class to play. Seriously, anyone who can hit one button can do like 300-500k damage on that class.

That being said, not only do they need stances but they should have further restrictions on almost all their abilities.

For example, to fire off Force Lighting, you would have to attach a two cycle engine to your computer... so, every time you get in a fight, you'd have to run to your local hardware store, by the two cycle gas mix, run back home, mix it at 50/1 rate... making sure that it's perfect at 50 to 1 since you don't wanna damage your PC... than you wanna jank on the pull cord and if it doesn't start off properly, you'd wanna kinda pull it again in a jerking motion... which many of you are familiar with.. and after the enginer starts, your number 1 would light up so you could hit force lighting. Of course, sometimes the engine won't start, at which time you do wanna go ahead and run back to your hardware store, preferably Ace Harware, and buy some Sta-bil, enginer stabilizer, run back to your house, pour the sucker in and jank that pull cord again hoping that you can fire off that force lighting.

Edit:

Bioware should really hire me as a dev.. I'd totally give the OP's class an ability called, "HHHHHHHHHHHHH-Bomb", that would read as follow, "In presence of Sage/Sorc, you fire off a missile that explodes at equivalent of 50 mega tons of TNT, killing the Sorc/Sage outright and forcing them to go to their local hardware store and buy a small two cycle engine."

Edited by Balmuck

/signed. Tanks have to get in the correct stance to Guard. Commander/Mercs have to be in the right stance for healing. Shadow/Assassins have to use stances and they can't even switch at will. Why do Sorc/Sage get a free pass? Devs only play Sorc/Sage I guess?

100% support this idea.

Sorcs/Sages are by far the easiest class to play. Seriously, anyone who can hit one button can do like 300-500k damage on that class.

That being said, not only do they need stances but they should have further restrictions on almost all their abilities.

For example, to fire off Force Lighting, you would have to attach a two cycle engine to your computer... so, every time you get in a fight, you'd have to run to your local hardware store, by the two cycle gas mix, run back home, mix it at 50/1 rate... making sure that it's perfect at 50 to 1 since you don't wanna damage your PC... than you wanna jank on the pull cord and if it doesn't start off properly, you'd wanna kinda pull it again in a jerking motion... which many of you are familiar with.. and after the enginer starts, your number 1 would light up so you could hit force lighting. Of course, sometimes the engine won't start, at which time you do wanna go ahead and run back to your hardware store, preferably Ace Harware, and buy some Sta-bil, enginer stabilizer, run back to your house, pour the sucker in and jank that pull cord again hoping that you can fire off that force lighting.

Edit:

Bioware should really hire me as a dev.. I'd totally give the OP's class an ability called, "HHHHHHHHHHHHH-Bomb", that would read as follow, "In presence of Sage/Sorc, you fire off a missile that explodes at equivalent of 50 mega tons of TNT, killing the Sorc/Sage outright and forcing them to go to their local hardware store and buy a small two cycle engine."

You telling its harder for bounty hunters tracer missile>railshot/unload and commando to spam grav round>hail of rounds than it is for sorcerer to put out force lightning and wrath proc Crushing darkness or chain lightning, or for that matter for rage juggernauts to do a force jump, force crush, ravage and smash?

Well at least half time you don't see them having to kite because they are squishy, like sorcerer are once bubble gone, in first global CD.

Edited by Barzarel

Generally, Sorc/Sage healing is weak enough not to be effective mid-fight. The problem is, they can easily Force-Speed away, hide behind a pillar, and heal a fairly significant portion of their health before I (a sniper) can actually catch up to finish the job. For this, I don't think having 2 separate stances would change much.

Truthfully, DPS Specced Classes should have completely obsolete heals regardless, Sorcs can just exploit them in ways that Mercs and Operatives can't.

^ This right here.

I haven't played an MMO, aside from beta for this and it currently, since BC WoW. Rummaging through my foggy memory of all the MMO's I have played prior to the existence of WoW it typically has been characters are damage or heals/support. You really didn't have one that did a lot of both, which the Sorc can. The closest thing I can think of in gaming to what the sorc is would be the old school Red Mage, able to cast offensive and defensive spells, none of which were particularly over the top strong.

As for nerfing them? I have mixed feelings on it, I really do. A second stance seems like it may work, it would at least prevent them from going uber damage spammer to heals instantly, giving an attacker the chance to get at them decently.

Meh, I don't really have too much against them at the moment, we shall see how the game plays out. Although BioWare did say they will not support hybrid builds and will actively work against them.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

You telling its harder for bounty hunters tracer missile>railshot/unload and commando to spam grav round>hail of rounds than it is for sorcerer to put out force lightning and wrath proc Crushing darkness or chain lightning, or for that matter for rage juggernauts to do a force jump, force crush, ravage and smash?

Well at least half time you don't see them having to kite because they are squishy, like sorcerer are once bubble gone, in first global CD.

You know what you need?

You need some two cycle engine, that's what.

I actually hate the easy mode stats requirements needed in this game, in other games a Sorc/sage would need to stack up intelligence for damage and willpower for healing with separate critical chances for both, here its just one stat and makes the game far to simple.

/signed. Tanks have to get in the correct stance to Guard. Commander/Mercs have to be in the right stance for healing. Shadow/Assassins have to use stances and they can't even switch at will. Why do Sorc/Sage get a free pass? Devs only play Sorc/Sage I guess?

so you'd be cool if tanks had to get into tank stance to use any tanking ability? like defensive CDs, tank tree abilities, taunts? oh, and to be fair they'd have to be in the non-tank stance to do any dps abilities too. i mean, it's got to be "fair" :rolleyes:

I actually hate the easy mode stats requirements needed in this game, in other games a Sorc/sage would need to stack up intelligence for damage and willpower for healing with separate critical chances for both, here its just one stat and makes the game far to simple.

Blame the players for that. People have trouble pressing buttons in the correct order, can you imagine the drama if they had to actually put some thought into developing their character?

Gamers getting dumber and developers dumbing down their games is a never-ending cycle...

Edited by Excidium

Pretty much every class has stances. the only other one that doesn't is scoundrel/op, and they're pretty bad at hybridization so its not really an issue with them.

And they have bigger burst power, and medium armor plus a half dozen CC to disable you while doing damage, meaning they can effectively dps opponent down, pop out of combat and go heal up.

We don't have that luxury our only chance to get away from damage is using LoS or force speed which will easily be counter in most situations with a CC.

Blame the players for that. People have trouble pressing buttons in the correct order, can you imagine the drama if they had to actually put some thought into developing their character?

Gamers getting dumber and developers dumbing down their games is a never-ending cycle...

Normally wouldn't confess to agreeing with you on that much, but on this point ill have to say i do. Edited by Barzarel

As a pure heal spec sorc who pugs from time to time, I often have to kill people attacking me, or at least hurt them enough to make them go away. It takes a while, and I'm pretty sure nobody thinks heal spec DPS is OP, but your idea would take that away from me, effectively making me 100% reliant on teammates to bail me out should even the most knuckle-dragging DPSer decide to come hump my leg for a while.

Also, it would make me unable to interrupt captures on BOs with shock, force lightning, or affliction unless I first change stances -- these are my best tools to interrupt a cap from outside the 10m range. I assume there would be some sort of cooldown or cast time on stance switching, or else why would you suggest it, so this idea makes it extremely difficult for me to both do my job as a healer and defend an objective at the same time.

So in a word ... no.

tbh ive found playing healer sorc is the best spec for pvp so far- if i so much as look at a warzone in a sorc dps spec i get instantly focused and die immediatly. yeah, every now and then i might get off a force speed that isnt immediatly snared and heal up, but even if that happens it means ive got significantly less force to damage with anyway. LoS has always been the way mmo pvp works for classes like sorcs, you just have to learn to counter it. and to be fair, theres really not that much damage in a sorc once you actually fight them properly. in my opinion its all these trooper gunning me down in seconds that are the problem atm :p but im not shouting for a nerf there

Nerfing this would have bad implications for PVE ops where your healers have to do both in nightmare mode in order to meet dps. Point number 2, if you give them stances, say something like shadow form in WoW where they can't heal then they should have a DPS buff to give them some reason to use that stance. Do you really want sorc to do more damage? Taking away all offensive abilities when they are in healing stance would make them completely useless in pvp.

Flat out prevent them from casting heals/shield while in DPS stance or make them take 2x as long to cast them or something. these Sorcs doing 500k Dmg and Healing at the same time is just ridiculous.

can we also remove healing scan and rapid scan? I dont want to get shot by someone who can heal.

This is absurd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.