PvP'd in a warzone, lost, what's the incentive to reque?

DarthPagan

Valor? Commendations?

I'm beating my head against the wall as an Ops leader trying to tell these morons where to go and what objective to take. What do they do? Hang out at mid farming kills.

I know, I know. Get in a guild that you can premade in. See, this is the problem with this game. Why is that a requirement? Why do I HAVE to do that? Dailies should not be about winning. They should be about attendance only.

If it were about attendance I would reque all the time.

'Nuff said.

Edited by DarthPagan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well even as you stated getting in a premade you still have 4 random people on your team. If i stopped entering a queue after every loss i would still be valor rank 10. Solo queues are hit or miss and no matter how much i think my team "sucks" i still play through it and keep pointing out mistakes like not calling for help when a door or point is being taken down. Just keep your head up sport.

Why does there have to be an incentive to PvP?

What is it with you people?

What happened to just PvP'ing for fun in these games; for the competition of facing real players?!

I have always asked this question and never get a reply from them. Just crickets in distance...

What happened to just PvP'ing for fun in these games; for the competition of facing real players?!

Indeed. Last night, my Empire team faced a very good Republic team in Civil War. By the end of the match, the rest of the Empire team was sitting on the east turret complaining about the Republic being OP while I was fighting alone. Do people just not like to fight anymore?

*edit* I DO understand the frustration of playing with morons and feel for you, OP... yes, yes I do. :D

Edited by Bamajawn

More instant gratification! Why don't they just skip the dailies and give us BM gear when we turn 50!!1111one I don't want to learn to win, wins should count a losses!

I never said any of that stuff. Way to jump to conclusions.

Also, you must be an Empire player.

Edited by DarthPagan

OP, you're not allowed to complain about PUGs.

People have been complaining about PUG PvP for years. Nothing will ever change.

We've all experienced the pain.

Find a guild, and start joining as a group. You'll start to win more.

/endthread

Are you implying he is an Empire player because he doesn't want everything handed to him on a spoon or because he is telling you that people play to get better or what?

Don't understand. You're saying he must be an Empire player is a huge compliment to Empire players :)

This would be me mindset aswell, however your assuming that a lone player can make a difference (in order to get his fun), Yes this can occur and man is it fun. But what more often happens is you end up with a bunch of PuGs who dont;

-read OPS chat and/or follow the plan

-understand playing the objective

-attack the healer frecasting behind the tank

what actually happens is a complete team failure and NO competition. There is no fun to be had.

I do not enjoy having to (as a sniper), lead a charge alone, take the focus, stop caps and kill healers while my team ***** around fighting a few tanks no where near the objective.

The good news is as soon as Winning is taken out of gear progression I will no longer care. If the team is ****, I will go do my own thing, get my medals and get credited my due without being held back by the need to win.

Edited by Kalliadies

This would be me mindset aswell, however your assuming that a lone player can make a difference (in order to get his fun), Yes this can occur and man is it fun. But what more often happens is you end up with a bunch of PuGs who dont;

-read OPS chat and/or follow the plan

-understand playing the objective

-attack the healer frecasting behind the tank

what actually happens is a complete team failure and NO competition. There is no fun to be had.

I do not enjoy having to (as a sniper), lead a charge, take the focus, stop caps and kill healers while my team ***** around fighting a few tanks no where near the objetive.

The good news is as soon as Winning is taken out of gear progression I will no longer care. If the team is ****, I will go do my own thing, get my medals and get credited my due without being held back by the need to win.

Find intelligent players on your server and queue with them. 1 player might not be able to make a difference, but 4 can.

Not every PUG is the same. Also, the person said what he said because your initial post made it sound like you played 1 game then made this post.

Also, you posted that PvP in this game is not very good. If that is the case, focus on PvE and don't worry about PvP until you feel that PvP has gotten better in this game for you to play it.

So since everyone else is generalizing I will as well.

You all are saying that the PvP in SWTOR is awesome and it's completely balanced. That I should have expected to que with 3 other people in order to win. That if I'm playing with 7 other people who are terrible that I should just get it done by myself or I am just a bad player.

You are all geniuses.

Valor? Commendations?

You answered your own question. :confused:

You also get XP and creds, and if you enjoy PvP.... you get a little fun (which should be the real point anyway, right?)

I know it's frustrating when you get into a team that has no clue how to win... but you don't have to win to be rewarded.

When I find myself on a badly losing team, I look for small personal victories. Stop the ball carrier at the goal line solo, kill the highest level enemy player on your own, get revenge on that guy who knocked you off the bridge. etc. Just have fun.

If ALL you care about is the daily, you need to relax. Play the game, let the wins come. The more you play on a bad team the better you'll personally get at the game, and then when you find yourself in a close match with a good team that really needs your help, you'll be in a better postion to swing that win over to your side.

Edited by Spymaster

Problem is... PVP these days isn't fun or competitive. It's usually a gear race, and takes place in shoebox sized minigames where the outcome means nothing (you are rewarded for winning or losing, and after doing the same minigames 1000x do you really care anymore?).

This isn't open world PVP. This is static, meaningless, minigame grinding.

And only incentive (apart from the RNG + gear focus), is that there is nothing else to do.

Edited by Jebi