Patch Notes

Axlah

They may have an environment for testing the base code, but I would doubt they have a full replicated environment of the volume of servers production has. That's where the bugs can pop up, if one server in the production cluster starts acting cranky, hardware failure, etc...

Excellent feedback, thanks!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty crap they do the patch notes last - I mean, they obviously have the patch notes right? Cos they are patching atm - so why not post them?

But this is BioWare, they won't let you know anything is happening until they are 100% sure it's happening. If there are any problems with the patch they don't want info out...just in case.

TELL ME THIS IS TRUE.

I am SO sick of using a buff and finding out that I'm now flagged for PVP just because one guy in the op decided it would be fun to heal a dueller ten minutes ago.

That's not what that says at all.

edit: and no, getting flagged when healing or buffing a pvp flagged player is not a bug.

Edited by Therrak

It is fairly simple explanation. Since something might go wrong and the patch might need to be backed out, they do not post the notes until they make the go/no-go decision. This is to prevent the plethora of THEY LIED posts if they have to remove the patch notes.

TOR is the only game I have played that the patch notes are the very last thing done. Other games they are posted when the servers drop or even earlier.. One game would post the patch notes a 24 hours or more before the update...

Tyr

dcuo, wow, cox, sto, champions all post there patch notes after the fact. the only time they are seen before is if they have a test server set, just like this game.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – 1.1.4 Patch Notes

Because development is ongoing during testing, it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers. The Public Test Server patch notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

General

The key formerly bound to /bug can now be mapped to any action and no longer opens the /bug window. The command is no longer able to be bound to a quickslot, but player can still type /bug in chat to open a new bug report.

Classes and Combat

General

Using abilities with indirect targeting (such as area of effect abilities) will no longer cause players to be flagged for PvP if a PvP-flagged player from the opposing faction is within the ability’s range, and the ability will have no effect on the PvP-flagged player.

Imperial Agent

Operative

Medical Therapy: Kolto Probe and Recuperative nanotech will now properly benefit from this skill.

Bounty Hunter

Powertech

Carbonize: PvP armor for Combat Tech will no longer prevent this skill from stunning enemies.

Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

Eternity Vault

Casting Mind Trap will no longer cause Soa to lose threat against his primary target.

Karagga’s Palace

G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator now has fewer hit points in Normal Mode.

Items

Vendors

“Show Usable” now properly filters to only show equipable items.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Republic

Unlikely Allies: Resetting no longer requires players to abandon and re-acquire the mission in order to complete it.

PvP

Warzones

General

Fixed a queue interface exploit that allowed players to bring additional players into a warzone. While imbalances can still happen under specific circumstances, the issue can no longer be intentionally triggered by players in this way. *UPDATED*

Alderaan Civil War

The Eastern Turret no longer fires twice under some circumstances when it is captured by the Imperials.

UI

General

Added a /version command.

Added several new preferences for cooldown appearance:

Show Ready Flash: Toggles a bright flash when an ability finishes cooldown.

Show Global Cooldown Ready Flash: Toggles a bright flash when an ability finishes global cooldown.

Cooldown Style: Changes the art style for the cooldown graphic.

Global Cooldown Style: Changes the art style for the global cooldown graphic.

Show Cooldown Timer: Toggles cooldown time text on top of the ability icon in the quickbar.

Bug Fixes

Sorting will now function properly in the Guild Window.

Items placed in a quickbar are no longer removed when training abilities.

Using Shift + Right Click to split a stack of usable items will no longer cause the item to be used.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Players will no longer experience occasional disconnection when purchasing Crafting Materials from the GTN.

That's not what that says at all.

edit: and no, getting flagged when healing or buffing a pvp flagged player is not a bug.

He wasn't talking about healing or buffing a flagged player, that's a direct instance and not what the fix is saying. The person you quoted said they were tired of getting flagged because 11 of the 12 people were not flagged (im guessing on the size of the OP here) but one guy was. He's saying that he buffs a guy in grooup one who is not flagged, but he gets flagged because a guy in group four was flagged. That's the indirect flsgging they're talking about.

He wasn't talking about healing or buffing a flagged player, that's a direct instance and not what the fix is saying. The person you quoted said they were tired of getting flagged because 11 of the 12 people were not flagged (im guessing on the size of the OP here) but one guy was. He's saying that he buffs a guy in grooup one who is not flagged, but he gets flagged because a guy in group four was flagged. That's the indirect flsgging they're talking about.

I think you need to read the post I quoted again. Let me help you with that:

TELL ME THIS IS TRUE.

I am SO sick of using a buff and finding out that I'm now flagged for PVP just because one guy in the op decided it would be fun to heal a dueller ten minutes ago.

I think you need to read the post I quoted again. Let me help you with that:

Situation: two guys in the op decide to duel. third guy decides to heal them. these three are now flagged. combat starts. by the end of it, nearly everyone in the op is flagged because of heals or buffs thrown.

I signed onto a PVE server for a reason. I despise PVP and everything about it. I never enter it.

I resent being involuntarily flagged for it just because some idiot decided to heal a duellist earlier in the evening (flagging himsself) and then threw a heal on me (flagging me), or because I rebuffed myself after rezzing and wasn't on a different planet when I did so.

I hope they've now fixed this.

If they haven't, then they *********** well better.

Situation: two guys in the op decide to duel. third guy decides to heal them. these three are now flagged. combat starts. by the end of it, nearly everyone in the op is flagged because of heals or buffs thrown.

I signed onto a PVE server for a reason. I despise PVP and everything about it. I never enter it.

I resent being involuntarily flagged for it just because some idiot decided to heal a duellist earlier in the evening (flagging himsself) and then threw a heal on me (flagging me), or because I rebuffed myself after rezzing and wasn't on a different planet when I did so.

I hope they've now fixed this.

If they haven't, then they *********** well better.

And the fix doesn't address this at all. Man up and deal with it. If you're in an op, you don't have to worry about getting attacked by the opposite faction and spending 5 minutes in one of your faction bases will clear the flag.

I'll type slowly so that you can understand: I signed onto a PVE server for a reason.

If I can be involuntarily flagged for PVP on a PVE server, then something is seriously *********** wrong.

Choosing to buff yourself when in a group with a flagged person is not involuntary. This is the way it works in MMOs with a pvp flagging system.

Anyways the opposite faction players are not going to swarm to you like flies on a turd when you're in an op. By the time you finish that op, everyone will be unflagged, and if you aren't, spending 5 minutes in a safe area will unflag you.

Glad you got some bug fixes in. Yay for the hot bar additions.

But seriously 7 hours for that?

I hope to crap there was a lot more done that you guys decided to just not include in the notes. Hell you didn't even completely fix one of the issues (WZ imablance? Seriously?)

7 hours.

At this rate, with what you've been showing us so far with your patches and patch times, I can plan on being out of game a full week for 1.2.

Glad you got some bug fixes in. Yay for the hot bar additions.

But seriously 7 hours for that?

I hope to crap there was a lot more done that you guys decided to just not include in the notes. Hell you didn't even completely fix one of the issues (WZ imablance? Seriously?)

7 hours.

At this rate, with what you've been showing us so far with your patches and patch times, I can plan on being out of game a full week for 1.2.

"i dont know how programming works just upload the patch and let me play !"

i hate you people....

i mean i really really despise some of you people

many of you are the same whiners that will complain about the UI, about the too many people in a warzone exploit...etc

and when the patch comes along that fixes a lot of it YOU WHINE ABOUT IT BEING DOWN FOR TOO FRIGGING LONG!

really? I cant believe what self entitled impatient whiners come onto this board. I work customer service for one of the larger cell phone services in the US, and i thought that i had spoken with some of the biggest whiners in the US.

But you people REALLY take the cake!

Grow a pair, sit down, be patient, and realize they are fixing the bugs you guys keep whining about!

Why is it that on almost EVERY patch that I end up having errors during the patch and have to REPAIR the patch which takes forever. What is the use of patches if they already have errors in them?

Sounds like you got some errors. Go check your harddisk for them, since the patch works flawless for 99% of the users for sure.