hitting 50 sucks for pvpers, thats anitfun

OeSan

Solution is real easy. Once you get to 50 re-roll.

Don't want to re-roll? Search for Adantephist, he's got a guide for quickly gearing up once you hit 50.

Gearing up at 50 isn't a blast, but it's something a player has to go through. There will always be a bit of a gap between fresh 50's and battlemasters. Do your best to minimize the gap and you'll be fine. You get Cent/Champ comms faster than ever now.

I have a BM Sage - do my WZ dailies with a guildie, log off.

I have a 46 Sentinel (max valor) and have made a bunch of friends through PvP, have much more fun, and can't wait to log on to see who is playing so I can premade with them. I desperately do NOT want to hit 50 with her as that joyride will end.

In short, I agree - sub-50 PvP is simply more fun for me.

i did it with out any real pain. Sure you are not going to have as much fun as a 49 pounding on a level 10(not fun for me, but to each there own) with the changes to the gear system its faster than ever to get something. If you saved up your comms and had a bag in your inventory you should be able to get a few pieces of cent, and maybe 1 champion.

There is something inherently wrong with the system if pvpers enjoy lvl 1-49 moreso then 50.

I dont enjoy PvP on my Sorc anymore, it bores me so i just run around Ilum healing people when i can be bothered.

On my Jugg, when i first hit 50 it was rough but now i have some gear its really no different to pre-50 other than people have bigger egos in the groups and you occasionally get killed faster.

Sadly, gear determines fun in lvl 50 PvP.

Yep, just created a thread on this issue just a few minutes ago. at 50 its like hitting a wall with the expertise thing. My fresh 50 which did awesome 1-49 was hitting people for like 400-1K while I was getting whacked for 3-4K.

The whole entire expertise thing just blows. didnt they learn anything from WoW or rift which made the same mistake?

I'm sure the level 10s you rolled with your lvl 49 didn't feel any different.

I guess it does suck to go against people that have been playing their class for a while and have more than 4 pieces of gear.

My advice to you: shouldn't take longer than 3 days to get a decent amount of centurion/champ gear to close the gap, if you're still having issues after that then it's more of a l2p thing.

Yep, just created a thread on this issue just a few minutes ago. at 50 its like hitting a wall with the expertise thing. My fresh 50 which did awesome 1-49 was hitting people for like 400-1K while I was getting whacked for 3-4K.

The whole entire expertise thing just blows. didnt they learn anything from WoW or rift which made the same mistake?

Wouldn't call it a mistake, I don't think i would be to happy if i spent all my time getting to BM then some average joe hits 50 and comes in doing the very same dmg i do. I actually like expertise.

I'm sure the level 10s you rolled with your lvl 49 didn't feel any different.

Its not like that at all. my latest character, a BH, I started at lv 14 (made sure I at least had sprint) Was killing just fine. And contributing in some way, even though I didnt even have my full arsenal of skills.

There is something inherently wrong with the system if pvpers enjoy lvl 1-49 moreso then 50.

Do Ilum dailies once. In the first day you will have a hilt of barrel that makes your weapon epic. If you are a sentinel/marauder or slinger/sniper? Grats you have two epic weps. If not? Corellia and blue offhand.

Take any of the millions you should have saved by now (skip on the fastest mount for now) and buy 5 epic crit/surge enhances (you can use these later on champ pieces as well, until you get better ones with extra champ badges).

Put them in the level 40 pvp set or any 5 pc orange gear.

Buy tanking epic armor mods (5) and put then in the armor slot. Why? Stamina. Buy blue mods (why, because we will get free epic ones later). Buy a level 50 blue relic (stam) and collect the three colored matrix shards to make your class data cron (should take about 30 minutes).

Do dailies/weekly on first day. Buy centurion implants, ear piece, belt. You can now lead dmg on your alt (just did it this week). Do NOT buy the centurion weapons till after, because they are a complete waste.

In 3 days I am over 400 expertise and the only cent armor pieces besides belt I am wearing is legs I think and chest (whatever has the most stamina) with crit/surge enhances in them.

I hit like a truck. Also with all the extra centurion badges (cus most of the armor pieces are garbage) buy a armor piece and take out the epic mod and put them in all your orange pieces.

First champ piece you should get should be mainhand weapon. Then offhand. Then replace orange gear with champ pieces. Your dmg wont really go up that much (since stats are same or close), but you will have more expertise for survival.

By time you are in full champ you should be rank 60 and can get the implants/ear piece for wz commendations. You are now fully geared and any further gear is random chance.

Alternatively you can also buy 5 46 pvp weapons and use the expertise enhance instead of buying epic ones. I wouldn't cus it is better to hit hard then have mediocre expertise imo. If you are a healer or broke though? This would be the way to go.

If you are wearing level 40 gear and didn't spend the STUPID amount of money you got leveling on mods/enhances/armor mods to make a instant level 50 epic/blue set? I hate you and you shouldn't be in a warzone, cus you are just going to come on the forum and cry.

Edited by biowareftw

I prefer 50 over 10-49. 10-49 was filled with bad players that thought every WZ was a deathmatch and it is frustrating being in the minority of people that know how to play huttball.

50 pvp may suck for you, but you don't speak for everyone, reroll.

Edited by Bracosius

I'm sorry but i have a hard time reading the forum while i obliterate the 10-49 bracket with my full epic maxed biochem lvl 40 alt.

Oww.. what's that? It's the same thing as full BM/rakata people goin vs fresh 50s? Who would have thought that actually improving your character/gear helped you kill stuff faster and live longer.

And that damn expertise... that's runing all my fun. I would prefer being crit by full rakata geared players for 6k instead of full BM gear players by 5.7k. Such a big diference.

Idd the 10-49 sounds so fun and balanced. No gear gaps and all that ****.

But mostly because people just cba to get their alts properly while they sit on 5mil credits they don't have anything to spend it on. Oww.. so people who put some "effort" into gearing up their chars have the upper hand?

NOT POSSIBLE! not in the so balanced 10-49 bracket!!!!

PS: i won't even mention low lvls vs 40+ lol

I dont agree, pre 1.1 maybe.

Now with the comms.

There is no excuse to turn 50 without having 1 epic champ bag in storage and 10000/1000 wz and merc coms.

Thats 6 bags right there, then you do the daily and get the weekly done in one day, and thats 10 bags.

Thats 150 cent coms and 70 champ coms.

That will net you, in a day, from 9 won games, which also means you can afford another bag, 11 bags as a matter of fact, which translates to 165 cent coms and 77 champ coms.

You should have 50% pvp gear after 10 games of played more or less, and the moment you ding 50 you will have 2 or 3 parts cent and 1 champion pieace, or even 2.

To gear up today goes so fast its redicilous, but makes it more fun.

The champ takes longer and BM gear ofc, but atleast you get into cent gear incredibly fast with this system.

Rerolling cause you cant handle lvl 50 bracket is for people that dont want to pvp.

I also enjoy the low level bracket but full BM gear gives what, like 12% expertise or more.

You have 6% expertise the moment you ding 50 more or less, after you done the weekly and some more.

In 2 days you will be more or less full pvp geared if you hit the warzones without overdoing it.

What I do see though is a lot of people that rushed to 50 did a few warzones, join warzones in orange pve gear then complain.

Many dont even know what mods is, and that you can atleast mod your gear.

There is many in the 50 bracket without good gear now adays, and its a fun bracket.

My only grudge is that often as rep we face 4, even up to 6 sorcs in the imp teams.

There is a minimum of 3 sorcs per imperial team, I say average 4.

Its actually ALOT more fun to play hutball vs republic as the classes is just so much more mixed, not just sorcs but a mix of all classes.

I have a blast in the 1-49 bracket. But that doesn't stop me rushing happily to 50 with each new alt. I've got two 50s in champion gear with 8-10% expertise each.

Working on a third. It's a blast. Especially games like Huttball, where clever passing and maneuvering will beat a crushing enemy offensive.

I'm sorry but i have a hard time reading the forum while i obliterate the 10-49 bracket with my full epic maxed biochem lvl 40 alt.

Oww.. what's that? It's the same thing as full BM/rakata people goin vs fresh 50s? Who would have thought that actually improving your character/gear helped you kill stuff faster and live longer.

And that damn expertise... that's runing all my fun. I would prefer being crit by full rakata geared players for 6k instead of full BM gear players by 5.7k. Such a big diference.

Idd the 10-49 sounds so fun and balanced. No gear gaps and all that ****.

But mostly because people just cba to get their alts properly while they sit on 5mil credits they don't have anything to spend it on. Oww.. so people who put some "effort" into gearing up their chars have the upper hand?

NOT POSSIBLE! not in the so balanced 10-49 bracket!!!!

PS: i won't even mention low lvls vs 40+ lol

agreed. The gap is much bigger in lvl 10-49 then in 50 bracket.

I have to agree, i had a 50 and i started a new alt. No matter what lvl i was, 20 or 40, it was more fun than 50 pvp.

Getting armor is impossible also on the repub side of my server since the empire has us like 4-1. So if your repub battlemaster chars won't help you win some WZ's then you're screwed.

Lol, no wonder i created another alt. 50 pvp just got boring and completely useless. Especailly as someone who rely's on closs range combat (shadow). Just expect to get killed immediately

It seems hopeless at first but honestly it only lasts a week. In that time you can earn 20 bags from the daily's and weekly's plus the bags you can buy from the warzone commendations. I upgraded every slot except weapon to centurion and some champion gear in less then a week. You just got to suck it up, the results are well worth it.

Honestly anyone who isn't willing to do it isn't a serious PVPer IMO. Bottom line is you gotta gear up in any MMO's PVP. I wouldn't be opposed to a newbi 50 bracket though for the casuals. The geared players don't really want you on their team anyway because you will be ineffective.

Edited by Fredcat

Asking people to suffer through and do something crappy just doesn't work. People that have been playing these sorts of games 10+ years moved past the point in our lives where we are willing to spend 20+ hours a week for a week doing something tedious and frustrating (grinding gear) to potentially recapture something we already have (fun PvP pre-50).

I can understand if some people have the time and patience to "work" at games. I don't, I see something like a week long gear grind sitting in front of me and think; "Wow, I could be having fun RIGHT THIS SECOND doing something else."

If the gear grind was *FUN* there wouldn't be anyone on these boards complaining.

Instead you have under-geared people complaining about being utterly useless, and highly geared players complaining about how boring it is to roflstomp under-geared people. Or, how much it sucks to know they will auto-lose because their 4 man pre-made was joined by 6 new players with 12-13k hp.

ill admit its not the greatest endeavor to gear up once 50, if for no other reason that the ability to contribute in warzsones is severely limited without that gear (within reason, healers can still heal, tanks can guard but yeah its not that fun if thats all you can do).

That being said gearing to an adequate point isn't as huge as it may seem. Lets assume you do your daily pvp quests every day:

what you get in 1 week:

14 bags from daily (1 illum 1 warzone a day)

6 bags from weekly quests (1 illum 1 warzone quest)

Thats 20 bags (champion)or (forgive me if my numbers aren't entirely accurate i dont look at them anymore and only get battlemaster bags usually)

17 centurtion coins a bag=340 coins

7 champion coins=140 coins

centurion gear excluding weapons is 39 coins for the most expensive pieces so you have your 7 armor pieces and still have change to spend on trinkets/implants/earpieces/weapons. All of which, with the exception of weapons, cost 21 coins.

and the thing of it is, a lot of people have come to the realization that 500 expertise is about where you want to get to before no longer prioritizing it. Centurion will give you that, not to say you shouldn't grab champion stuff or bm stuff but i would grab that more for the non expertise stats. A lot of people end up mixing in pve gear for dps/extra stat increase after the 500 mark.

It would be different if 50 gave you new or ranked WZ you wanted to participate in, or an Ilum that rocked. As it is, it just gives you the same WZ you were already doing and resets your handicap.

So, in the future I'm sure it will make sense. Right now it just feels like a varying amount of arbitrary hazing to suffer through in order to get back to having fun doing what you were already doing, (with a smaller pool of players to do it with in some cases).

i agree, it must be shock to get to lvl 50.

10-30 - you get beaten by lvl 30-49

30-49 - you beat lvls 10-30

50 - SHOCK , you fight with lvl 50, but they have gear already.

It's truly shocking news that once you get to max lvl, you will be quite undergeared in comparison with people with 30+ hours on lvl 50

I have to agree, i had a 50 and i started a new alt. No matter what lvl i was, 20 or 40, it was more fun than 50 pvp.

Getting armor is impossible also on the repub side of my server since the empire has us like 4-1. So if your repub battlemaster chars won't help you win some WZ's then you're screwed.

Lol, no wonder i created another alt. 50 pvp just got boring and completely useless. Especailly as someone who rely's on closs range combat (shadow). Just expect to get killed immediately

Please stop the over exageration.

If the only way to get champ bags was to complete daily or weekly pvp quests then I would agree with you. But you have another route you can go. It is called spending merc and warzone comms to buy them. It only costs 200 of each. Which is easily achieveable even on a given day by casual players.

As a new 50 it doesn't matter if you win or lose the events. You are still being rewarded either way. You get credits, valor (which you need LOTS of to even touch a BM bag), commendations, and yes even practice.

Yes, that last one is actually the most crucial. Practice at playing against people who have access to all their skills and don't have to depend on a bolster system to make up for their lack of access to gear and character skills.

When playing PVP, everyone has to face the reality that sooner or later they have to leave the kiddie pool. The problem with this game is they keep you in the kiddie pool to long. And many players feel like they get thrown into the pool with the big kids kicking and screaming against their will.

But even if you don't need the money, how can you say no to the other three? Even as a BM I still use commendations in every match. I use the PVP medpacks and they have saved my life more times than I care to count. Each match, I generally use between 2 - 4 of them. And I earned the commendations by warzones - win or lose.

Now, if you want to argue about the insane amount of PVP you have to play to get your Battlemaster gear, then that is another topic for discussion. But as a new 50 you have got to simply accept that you will have to work HARDER to get your wins. And even if you don't win a single match all week, by the end of that first week you should be rolling in centurion / champion gear. And you will have accomplished this in a fraction of the time it took all of those BM players that you now face to achieve the same goal.

i agree, it must be shock to get to lvl 50.

10-30 - you get beaten by lvl 30-49

30-49 - you beat lvls 10-30

50 - SHOCK , you fight with lvl 50, but they have gear already.

It's truly shocking news that once you get to max lvl, you will be quite undergeared in comparison with people with 30+ hours on lvl 50

Either you haven't played alot of 10-49, or you're bad.

14-30 (kinda need sprint) you can kill anyone that plays worse than you, even if they are 49.

Hit 50 and a paraplegic guy can kill ya with the auto-attacks his hand spasms trigger. Until you suffer through long enough to get enough gear to not insta-die, so you can continue to play at a sizable disadvantage until you're on par. It's not fun, sorry.

Edited by _Marou_