No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

^ I thought he was talking about how planets are instanced.

The "highly intelligent" person he was quoting is basically claiming that "the whole game is instanced" to validate the use of a cross realm lfg tool to imply that a cross realm tool will help with heroic and class quests, but it can't.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice try

but people will use system that works

current is worthless

The current system is as worthwhile or worthless as those who chose to use it or not.

world is cruel

deal with it

The world isn't as cruel as free for all online games so quit crying about "I can't find anyone who wants to play with me" and deal with it.

and i want cross-server-everything to play the real massive multiplayer game

you ppl is sacrifice for greater good, deal with it

I don't want cross server because I don't consider the "massive multiplayer" in CoD or diablo 2 to be the same thing as it is in a mmorpg. The sacrafice for the greater good you're talking about will likely BW giving up my sub after the in game's general attitude has devolved due to nobody having to count on eachother anymore. In it's current state, this game is a cookie cutter post TBC copy. To "deal with it" by hitting the unsub button wouldn't be that hard.

The current system is as worthwhile or worthless as those who chose to use it or not.

Look, no one is saying the X-LFD feature is gods gift to MMORPRG's but statements like that just breed complete ignorance and not make me want to work with you for a compromise.

Edited by Touchbass

Look, no one is saying the X-LFD feature is gods gift to MMORPRG's but statements like that just breed complete ignorance and not make me want to work with you for a compromise.

There either is, or is not.

What compromise? Every other week?

There is a line of I don't want it, and I do.

I myself would prefer not to have a cross server LFG feature.

I have reasons for not wanting it, and the people that do will not pay regards to them, so there is no more to be said other than that I do not want it.

Such as the comment: resisting improvement for "community". some real hippies in here

That comment is not constructive at all, it is an attack against a person who believes in a different approach to the X-srever LFG, and CaMiKaZiE does not even state anything for the reason why X-Server LFG is desired, just an attack.

Edited by Esproc

An LFG tool is just like any other technological advancement. It makes life or gaming more efficient. Cell phones have made our social life more efficient. We don't have to wait until we get home to check our messages and make our calls anymore. Yet that's what we do in this game if you want to run FPs. We have to leave the world behind and go to the fleet to make our calls. Have cell phones ruined the community? Well, you could actually argue "Yes." And yet I'm sure everyone here owns a cell phone.

/vote no cross realm lfd too. Same realm is great though. I suppose I would be ok with a cross realm so long as we had unlimited ignore list and the loot mechanic was implemented correctly. No dps roling on tank/heal gear etc etc Edited by Ukonius

I support a cross-realm LFG tool, but only because of the challenges some people are having on low-pop realms.

Being on a heavy server with 200+ active on fleet, I don't have problems finding groups. But this was one of the reasons I left Warhammer. No being able to find a group because of population challenges isn't fun and won't help the game's longevity. The more people that play, the more content we'll see. This feature hasn't killed other games, and it certainly wouldn't kill this one.

A better solution would be to have not more then 1 server in the first place. They already have the planet instance technology, so now just make all servers into one big server with there being multiple instances of the planets. For the planets that currently have PvP possible, have PvP instances and PvE instances of the planets, and people who like world PvP will choose the PvP instances, and those who do not like PvP will just choose the PvE instances.

This is the best possible solution.

If having PvE and PvP instances, then just have 2 servers per region

US PvE server

US PvP server

EU PvE Server

EU PvP Server

What about us poor RP-ers!!!

I support a cross-realm LFG tool, but only because of the challenges some people are having on low-pop realms.

Being on a heavy server with 200+ active on fleet, I don't have problems finding groups. But this was one of the reasons I left Warhammer. No being able to find a group because of population challenges isn't fun and won't help the game's longevity. The more people that play, the more content we'll see. This feature hasn't killed other games, and it certainly wouldn't kill this one.

Thank you. I'd like to add that need to make sure we don't punish people too much for electing to group within their own server.

I will ONLY support X-realm LFG if and ONLY IF I can make friends with people I encounter through the system AND can either go their server OR invite them to mine whenever I want.

Why? Because flashpoints & operations are ONLY a small portion of what I do in this game. I wish to have a network of friends that I can not just chat with but hang out with, run instanced and non instanced content, help through my crew skills or they help me through theirs, meet up in fleet and act goofy or something, ride shotgun in their ship among other things.

So until I can do all that with the people I meet up through a X-realm LFG system...

I VOTE NO!!!

What compromise?
in that_game at start of cata heroics for random party was hard

and ppl just either accept the challenge and possible wipe-fest in LFG or make party of guild mates/friends, own server in trade

flexibility, you can use lfg or not, both work

I don't have problems finding groups.
low standart's

i'm tank-dps (btw i love ~100k cost for spec change, so much fun) "no problem" for me is instant queue at any time, any day

in that_game at start of cata heroics for random party was hard

and ppl just either accept the challenge and possible wipe-fest in LFG or make party of guild mates/friends, own server in trade

flexibility, you can use lfg or not, both work

low standart's

i'm tank-dps (btw i love ~100k cost for spec change, so much fun) "no problem" for me is instant queue at any time, any day

Yeah, when Cata came out the heroics were kinda difficult if you had a weak link so most people grouped with their friends and only randomed if absolutely necessary. Everybody else had 3 options: seek out friends, wait a few weeks to a month for people to progress enough and finally to tough every instance out and teach/help people. It worked pretty well.

Yeah, I love my instant queues as heals/tank :D

They can help mid level flashpoints by adding mentor/sidekick/level match system.
No, I don't agree that will make any significant change to the dearth of low level flashpoints... we're talking new players, so they don't know high level players.

Cross server lfg means that low level dps wait ~5-10 minutes to get a flashpoint (that's the wait time in wow) at off peak times; tanks and healers will be instant or nearly so. A mentoring system simply can't compete with that.

This will also help with heroics where cross server LFG will not, since many heroics are not instanced.
False; every zone in the game is instanced. Fleet. Every zone on every planet. Everything. Right now, it's possible to be in the same zone but a different instance of that zone. I ran into that several times on coruscation right after the game launched in december. If you're in the wrong instance, you can party with someone and then move to the leader's instance.

Clearly: cross server could indeed address that problem; it all depends on whether they implement it (much like the sidekick system you're talking about)

Edited by ferroz

I will ONLY support X-realm LFG if and ONLY IF I can make friends with people I encounter through the system AND can either go their server OR invite them to mine whenever I want.
Yay, DarkthKhaos is in favor of the full suite of cross server tools as well =)

Wrong. Not every zone is instanced. On my server, only Korriban had several instances, and it was due to the amount of players. Planets after Korriban were NOT instanced. If you happen to play on a high population server, then it's a different matter alltogether.
No, it's all instanced; you just don't see them spawned off all the time because they don't have enough people for the game to spawn off another one. The game handles them automatically and seamlessly.

I've been on later planets and in the wrong instance from someone I wanted to group with; in addition to Coruscant, I had it happen on Taris, and I saw it on Tatooine as well (when we were trying to run the tatooine heroics, incidentally); maybe balmorra as well? It's been a few months, and you know what they say about memory as you get older...

The whole game is indeed instanced; it's designed so that every zone is an instance (even when there aren't multiple instances of that zone available), even if it's not behind a green doorway.

There's no reason that they can't allow you to invite someone cross server and then have both of you port to an instanced version of the planet. Or even play as a temporary guest type player in a normal instance in the group leader's server.

Edited by ferroz

No, I don't agree that will make any significant change to the dearth of low level flashpoints... we're talking new players, so they don't know high level players.

Cross server lfg means that low level dps wait ~5-10 minutes to get a flashpoint (that's the wait time in wow) at off peak times; tanks and healers will be instant or nearly so. A mentoring system simply can't compete with that.

False; every zone in the game is instanced. Fleet. Every zone on every planet. Everything. Right now, it's possible to be in the same zone but a different instance of that zone. I ran into that several times on coruscation right after the game launched in december. If you're in the wrong instance, you can party with someone and then move to the leader's instance.

Clearly: cross server could indeed address that problem; it all depends on whether they implement it (much like the sidekick system you're talking about)

If you are worried about new players, they just need to join a guild. There are plenty of friendly helpfull guilds out there. With a LFG they will have no incentive to ever join a guild. Now you may not want to join a guild or feel you have to, that's fine. But the fact is that guilds keep people subbing long term more than anything.

Yes everything is instanced. But where these instances are is what matters. They are not going to add huge zones to a separate (where flashpoints currently sit) server just so 4 people can do a heroic. Not to mention how having a whole zone to yourself would lead to tons of farming exploits.

Anyway I am done wasting my breath with this. People apparently want the wow tool or not, and no one is open to alternatives.

If you are worried about new players, they just need to join a guild.
No, there are lots of people who play through the game well into their 20s or even later before finding a guild; that's long enough to miss out the 1st 3 or 4 flashpoints, easily. There are even people who play all the way to 50 without joining a guild.

guilds help, but aren't an actual solution to the problem the way that xserver lfg is.

I mean, we know for a fact that guilds don't actually solve that problem. Even with guilds, the vast majority of the wow population skipped the pre-max level dungeons before the lfd tool (blizzard talked about that at one point); they were almost totally unused for years before the lfd tool was released.

With a LFG they will have no incentive to ever join a guild.
No, that's not true at all. There's just as much incentive to join a guild with as without cross server lfg.

But the fact is that guilds keep people subbing long term more than anything.
Is there actually some sort of research that shows that? Or are you just calling your opinion a fact?

I mean, it's an interesting claim, but I think it's clear that having stuff that makes logging in interesting is the best long term way to keep people subbing.

Yes everything is instanced. But where these instances are is what matters. They are not going to add huge zones to a separate (where flashpoints currently sit) server just so 4 people can do a heroic.
You don't need to add huge zones to a separate server. They can work just like they currently do...

Not to mention how having a whole zone to yourself would lead to tons of farming exploits.
such as? I mean, you can't move instances like that more than once per hour (iirc, that's the current limit for switching instances to your leader's instance), so that hardly seems exploitable.

Anyway I am done wasting my breath with this. People apparently want the wow tool or not, and no one is open to alternatives.
None of your alternatives gives me cross server grouping, do they? I mean, that's what I want, along with a full suite of cross server tools. The cross server lfg is just the icing on that cake. Edited by ferroz

Yea I wrote him off a while back. Besides guilds are one thing that can help, friends are another. People need to learn that making friends in the game is a good thing. They need to stop treating the game like some glorified chat room but a place to interact with individuals. Treat people the way you wish to be treated and show some respect.

They'd get so much further that way.

To be frank, there is no need for a LFG type tool, at this stage of this games life. Here goes why....

As an example, I'll use one of my experiences on this game. To set the ground work for this, I am currently level 19, Bounty Hunter Mercenary on Lord Calypho EU; RP-PVP server.

Through Hutta and Drommand Kaas, I have had no issue findind people on Heroics. Only once, did i have to post anything asking for a party on the general chat window. If anything, most of my group ups came from the huge selection of other people asking for groups. Every time, we got a group within 10 minutes. I think we can at least all agree, that is not a long time to wait.

As for Flash-Points, that is a similar story. I have Done two flashpoints (Black Talon and Hammer Station) and to group, all i needed to do was to find the flashpoint area on the imperial fleet, and ask a couple of people if they had the same goals I did.

The flashpoint group took 2 minutes to assemble...no waiting time at all. The best part being, we all communicated, gave each other time to empty our bags, pick up new items etc. From that, we had a very friendly, pleasent run of Hammer Station. Those people are now on my friends list, and we all left with a smile. :) <------kinda like that!

Now Im sure many of you would agree, the two examples above were hasstle free and friendly. There was no waiting for "non existant" people or anything like that. But keep in mind, these events are on a RP-PVP server, not renowned for their high popularity.

So at the moment, the need for a LFG is a moot point. There is often people happy to group for heroics and flashpoints, and you often have a friend or two after. Instead of a LFG, why not poke your head onto the chat bar. Most people would be happy to help, or at least chat with you for a bit. It takes 30 seconds to type a line of text, and 4.5 minutes to group up after that.

Chime xXx

Edit: No, I am not in a guild. In any groups I have been in, there has never been more than one person from a particular guild, We have all come from no guilds, or seperate ones. x

Edited by chimex

To be frank, there is no need for a LFG type tool, at this stage of this games life. Here goes why....

As an example, I'll use one of my experiences on this game. To set the ground work for this, I am currently level 19, Bounty Hunter Mercenary on Lord Calypho EU; RP-PVP server.

Through Hutta and Drommand Kaas, I have had no issue findind people on Heroics. Only once, did i have to post anything asking for a party on the general chat window. If anything, most of my group ups came from the huge selection of other people asking for groups. Every time, we got a group within 10 minutes. I think we can at least all agree, that is not a long time to wait.

As for Flash-Points, that is a similar story. I have Done two flashpoints (Black Talon and Hammer Station) and to group, all i needed to do was to find the flashpoint area on the imperial fleet, and ask a couple of people if they had the same goals I did.

The flashpoint group took 2 minutes to assemble...no waiting time at all. The best part being, we all communicated, gave each other time to empty our bags, pick up new items etc. From that, we had a very friendly, pleasent run of Hammer Station. Those people are now on my friends list, and we all left with a smile. :) <------kinda like that!

Now Im sure many of you would agree, the two examples above were hasstle free and friendly. There was no waiting for "non existant" people or anything like that. But keep in mind, these events are on a RP-PVP server, not renowned for their high popularity.

So at the moment, the need for a LFG is a moot point. There is often people happy to group for heroics and flashpoints, and you often have a friend or two after. Instead of a LFG, why not poke your head onto the chat bar. Most people would be happy to help, or at least chat with you for a bit. It takes 30 seconds to type a line of text, and 4.5 minutes to group up after that.

Chime xXx

Edit: No, I am not in a guild. In any groups I have been in, there has never been more than one person from a particular guild, We have all come from no guilds, or seperate ones. x

You're playing an Imperial, which is generally better populated than Republic on all servers. I've played two characters to 50 on one server, and another to 42 as of this writing on another more populated one. On the first server, I leveled both of those characters to 50 doing maybe 2-3 FPs between them, and skipping pretty much all the heroics. Why? Because of a lack of people at my level to group with. A lot of people are experiencing this. I pretty much ditched both those characters in favor of a better populated server and the difference has been noticable. Many more FPs ( but I'm still not doing all the FPs that are appropriate for my level), and more heroics. My play time, as with many people, is limited. I'm not going to spend it spamming /1.

My new server is night and day difference compared to my old one. The economy is still garbage, but having more people on Taris during offpeak hours than my old server had in fleet during peak hours, is pretty significant. Not to mention, you're level 19, those two lower level FPs are generally ran quite a bit. At higher levels, it's a totally different story. This is the issue many people are having, and why a LFG tool is being talked about.

Cool story; I watched someone spamming for people for a group for mando raiders for ~2 hours last night. I chatted with him about it, and also watched for people who were tagged lfg. He wasn't skipping over anyone. I don't know if he ever got a group together, since he was still spamming when I logged off.

On several occasions, I've logged in, derped around in fleet for a while, saw someone spammijng for a mid level flashpoint, put a hardmode FP together with some friends, and then when I was done I saw that person still spamming for that mid level flashpoint.

pretty standard on my server; I see people doing that almost every day.

The people who are asking for lfg, and specifically cross server lfg, have indeed poked their head onto the chat bar.

If you actually read some of the discussion, you'll note that folks are talking about the fact that spamming /1 isn't actually being social.

With cross server pvp coming, the mid level flashpoint situation is going to get worse: people will transition to doing pvp over flashpoints, since pvp queues will be blazing fast, and flashpoint groups will still be nigh impossible to get.

Edited by ferroz

Chime xXx

I hope this remains true for you as you level past 19. That's not very high, btw, and you may find, as I have, that later heroics and fp's are not as easy to get groups for, even with a guild.

Being in a guild is touted as the solution.

Well it isn't.

I was in a guild, and it did not help grouping. For one there was not enough people at the correct level, were not on the same planet , guild had 20 members about, most of them early 20 late 10.

What you mean is that if there is a BIG guild it help. Maybe, but that is already a much stricter qualification than "being in a guild".

As for finding friends, it is an egg and chicken problem. How do you find friend ? by interacting with people. With stuff so instanced to begin with, that is very difficult. The huge majority don't bother to group for normal quest. I found only a few people wanting to interact most other were level-level-level. Coincidentally.... Those are the one I am in a guild with.

No, friend and guild are a poor solution to the grouping problem for instance or flashpoint. Cross server LFG is the nuke option to that problem. I have wondered for a long time if there is an intermediate solution.... But due to the heavily instanced nature of TOR I don#t think there are many.