So PvP match quitters have taught me a valuable lesson

NamikazeNaruto

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny post, but sometimes It's like I'm going out onto the field and realizing all of my teammates are 16 year old girls in high heels, and we're facing 30 year old bodybuilders. Whenever the ball comes near my teammates, they miss it and fall on their faces.

That's when I say, "**** this, I'm finding a new team."

Funny post, but sometimes It's like I'm going out onto the field and realizing all of my teammates are 16 year old girls in high heels, and we're facing 30 year old bodybuilders. Whenever the ball comes near my teammates, they miss it and fall on their faces.

That's when I say, "**** this, I'm finding a new team."

+1 lol.

Here's what really happened:

I was given an assignment to win 3 soccer matches this afternoon. I was not overly excited about this assignment, but well, I don't make the rules. But if that's the assignment, I was determined to be successful and do my best to be a team player and win 3 games.

I found several matches going on simultaneously and was randomly assigned to an 8v8 game. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that the 7 others on my team didn't actually know how to play soccer. There must have been some confusion at the registrar as my team was here to play football. They proceeded to collide with a few guys from the other team in mid with reckless abandon. I tried to kick the ball to one of them and pointed to the goal, but he proceeded to run from it with all due alacrity and punch a skinny guy with red eyes from the opposing team in the face. My team certainly seemed to be having fun, but none of them cared to realize the objective of soccer. I was disappointed they didn't care to play soccer, but I wasn't discouraged as I knew I would eventually find people who did. So, I decided to move over to the next field and hope they wanted to play soccer.

Why shouldn't I quit?

Because you want me to carry you through the match?

Reasons to Leave:

1) 4-5 people on my team have less then 13k hp's...yeah...that's auto lose

2) My team isn't following ANYONE'S directions and are running around trying to farm medals aimlessly

3) I'm in a PUG that is being wrecked because they are playing a 4 man BM pre-made and aren't focusing on objectives the slightest. (ie; allowing sorcs to stand on catwalks in huttball, or standing on the ledges in huttball for leapers to get an easy score, or ignore the stealthy clicking the turret they are guarding in aldaraan, or run off to nowhere in voidstar)

These are all valid reasons to leave. You say that quitters ruin your game? If you meet ANY of this criteria, then you are ruining any BM on your teams game because they only get 2 bags per day and have no other reason to be there.

FYI; VR 69 and EVERY single companion I have is in full centurian / champion pvp gear so medals don't even do me any good other then pvp consumables and currently valor is useless to me.

Studying and games like this usually leads to disaster for some reason :D I had a similar problem in 91 and 92 when most of my supposed computer science uni time was spent on MUDs. Of course if you have the willpower to limit game time so studies aren't affected, more power to you,.

Why shouldn't I quit?

Because you want me to carry you through the match?

Reasons to Leave:

1) 4-5 people on my team have less then 13k hp's...yeah...that's auto lose

2) My team isn't following ANYONE'S directions and are running around trying to farm medals aimlessly

3) I'm in a PUG that is being wrecked because they are playing a 4 man BM pre-made and aren't focusing on objectives the slightest. (ie; allowing sorcs to stand on catwalks in huttball, or standing on the ledges in huttball for leapers to get an easy score, or ignore the stealthy clicking the turret they are guarding in aldaraan, or run off to nowhere in voidstar)

These are all valid reasons to leave. You say that quitters ruin your game? If you meet ANY of this criteria, then you are ruining any BM on your teams game because they only get 2 bags per day and have no other reason to be there.

FYI; VR 69 and EVERY single companion I have is in full centurian / champion pvp gear so medals don't even do me any good other then pvp consumables and currently valor is useless to me.

You know, I've got fresh news from Galileo; You are not the center of the Universe. What you have mentioned happens to everybody. One of the biggest mistakes BW has done is to have forgotten to implement the penalty for WZ quitters. 1 hour penalty should be fine.

PS: About point #1 I loled, so you were 13k health since lvl 1 right? Let me tell you this "mr I am battlemaster and I quit when the day is a bit chilly". You must have had plenty of time to make 3 more friends and run premades, but I guess you haven't been able to do it cos you were too busy deciding about "to quit or not to quit". You know you play with guys from the same server, right?

I quit Huttball, because I hate Huttball. It isn't fun for me. I should play a game that isn't fun?

I do it right when I get in. Not mid-way through the match.

This is understandable. I also hate Huttball. Anyway, at least you're doing it before the game starts. Bw should let us chose the Wz to join.

Edited by Streptococo

i think im going to afk in real life by going into a coma

I think a few more of these justifications for throwing myself in a meat grinder every time I rez in a lost match will put me in a coma.

One problem I have with pvp in this game (and in others) is how lopsided the matches end up. Better matchmaking might fix that.

But I'm not even saying it's always because the two teams are completely lopsided, either, although mostly it probably is that. It's also an issue with the flow of the warzones. It's very hard to come back once you start losing. Had some matches that were great comeback matches, but it doesn't happen often enough. It's an issue. I don't know the solution.

players are to warzones what spectators are to sports teams.

Consumers, paying for entertainment.

Do you complain because people change the channel or stop paying for season tickets because a team sucks and gets blown out?

People want competition when it comes to entertainment, its why professional leagues tend to go to some extraordinary lengths to try and achieve it (like forcing people to spend 7 years in Cleveland).

Edited by Adzzy

-2 internets.

Fail, newb.

^^

I think OP is mad at quitters :D

I quit quite a few matches, sometimes for no reason other than I wanted to play, but when it actually comes down to it I realise I don't have the motivation. The debuff won't stop this, I usually go do something else anyway.

But I do think those that quit because they don't think they will win, will probably just afk (or play passively) to leech valour/commendations.

You know, I've got fresh news from Galileo; You are not the center of the Universe. What you have mentioned happens to everybody. One of the biggest mistakes BW has done is to have forgotten to implement the penalty for WZ quitters. 1 hour penalty should be fine.

PS: About point #1 I loled, so you were 13k health since lvl 1 right? Let me tell you this "mr I am battlemaster and I quit when the day is a bit chilly". You must have had plenty of time to make 3 more friends and run premades, but I guess you haven't been able to do it cos you were too busy deciding about "to quit or not to quit". You know you play with guys from the same server, right?

This is understandable. I also hate Huttball. Anyway, at least you're doing it before the game starts. Bw should let us chose the Wz to join.

What you mean is, I'm not the center of YOUR universe...my 15$ makes SWTOR MY universe, in which case...I am the center of it. As for the 13k health thing...I have no issue with 1-2 13k healthers...but a premade of 4 11-13k health people is just outright idiotic. As for penalty...yeah, they can implement it...casual gamers will cheer...hardcore gamers will leave swtor and what are you left with? Another dead game.

yeah, they can implement it...casual gamers will cheer...hardcore gamers will leave swtor and what are you left with?.

A fun game

You are not hardcore, you are soft, hard core people dont quit. You will never see the elite quit, they don't have it in them in SWToR, sports or life. Quitters are weak.

Edited by richardya