Devs leaving swtor, do you think it will have influence

Agilard

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that given the obvious lack of skill from the developers any game that they reproduce from this horrible team will be the most horrendous, laughable and pathetic creation i have ever seen.

I actually encourage them to go ahead and make it, so the world can join me in uncontrolled fits of laughter as we come to the realisation that anyone else, most likely, could do better with MSPaint and a typewriter.

Lol, I was gonna type something like this and didnt because I'm still playing and despite the crappiness of most aspects of this game, I still manage to enjoy myself. I felt it was just too mean. But when I first saw the thread title my first thought was that this was good news and hopefully everyone else will leave too. They cannot possibly get a worse team.

Have to agree with those who say that this is normal. If I'm not mistaken, quite a number of MMO developers (programmers, whatever) are contracted and so tend to leave when their contract/assigment is up. Whether that much is true or not, dev teams shrinking after completion of a game is not abnormal.

i was reading on mmorpg, that 4 devs left swtor already to start their own mmo. do you think this will have any negative influence on swtor? really hate to see this game announce that they are shutting down their servers. i really like the game.

You know what happens when a company successfully launches a new product into the market place???

People inside the company very often leave and form their own start-up.

You know why?

Because they have the instant credibility of the title of the product to put on their resumes and business plan to enice investment capital. They ride the wave of the product success while it is fresh and energized in everyones minds.

This is extremely normal, particularly in consumer and technology companies. Nothing doom and gloom about it. It's how almost every company in Silicon Valley was created and continues to grow and expand.

You see doom and gloom, where it is actually a healthy thing for the industry and for those people who may very well have a great new idea they want to see if they can promote to reality.

i was reading on mmorpg, that 4 devs left swtor already to start their own mmo. do you think this will have any negative influence on swtor? really hate to see this game announce that they are shutting down their servers. i really like the game.

Hopefully it's the four developers who designed this game's endgame :)

If that's the case could have a positive impact.

What is 'mmorpg'... Is that some kind of official publication. Can you link to the article so I can read for myself. I am not disputing what you say, I just want to validate the information before making my own valued judgement.

PS Sometimes the loss of staff is a good thing, particularly if they are failing in their duties and they are under pressure to leave. As I say post the link to your source.

Edited by Dekkau

Considering that TOR is still doing well sales wise and the population is still growing? Yeah it should.

:|

I swore to myself I wouldn't even reply to your (typically) juvenile one-sided cheerleading but every now and then I have to...

BAUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.... Population growning.. LOLOLLOLL

Regardless, I don't care if the game sell a billion copies, it's still the crappiest MMO I've ever played.

Edited by OldBenSmokin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.